[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw Universe is just a holographic simulation https://y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: as730-25.jpg (55KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
as730-25.jpg
55KB, 680x453px
>yfw Universe is just a holographic simulation

https://youtu.be/gm-jUbjWBWg
>>
File: Soos.png (32KB, 412x550px) Image search: [Google]
Soos.png
32KB, 412x550px
>>18718822
Who cares. Doesn't affect me or anyone else in any appreciable way. My existence is already dependent upon my own self-perceptions, what do I care whether the universe upon which I'm projected is "real."
>>
>>18718822
Projected from where?
>>
>>18719383
Everywhere.
>>
Look how shitty the water texture is.
>>
>>18720410
Source engine has better water. Ayy Lmaos need to step up their game.
>>
>holographic
I keep seing this word thrown around like a meme

Explain what you mean by this, and yes I know I'm retarded
>>
File: 07-s1m0ne.jpg (276KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
07-s1m0ne.jpg
276KB, 1000x1500px
>>18720466
https://youtu.be/UQcOLSaDd1w

https://youtu.be/HuAjeuKXX7c
>>
>>18718822
I was really into this for a while but it gets boring since it's unfalsifiable. It's like trying to prove/disprove god, it's just meaningless. After a while it just turns into a circle jerk, like "haha we're so smart talking about this theory, I bet normies wouldn't even get it"

Just live your life, simulation or no simulation
>>
>>18718856
Is that what you look like in real life?
>>
>>18720410
fuck off /v/
>>
>>18718822

If universe is Sims then how do I Motherlode
>>
>>18720643
>unfalsifiable

I thought someone suggested measuring something to do with light having to do with like a...resolution cap, so to say, related to us being in a simulation.

Shit memory, I know.
>>
>>18720668
Back to /b/ with you
>>
File: 58182947.jpg (87KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
58182947.jpg
87KB, 400x398px
>>18720759
>>
The "simulation hypothesis" is literally Intelligent Design. A fact which seems to escape the pretentious atheists who believe in it.
>>
>>18721061
no it's not
>>
>>18718822
All the bits of information that make up our universe was hypothetically captured and projected from the surface of a massive black hole at the hypothetical center of the universe. What we perceive is the projection of that information. Hypothetically.
>>
In Gnosticism we call it the Matrix.

This Material realm is of the Demiurge.

He is the Jealous god that says he is a god but he is only an Archon. He was made by the Aeon Sophia and Aeons are Emanations of the One.

Like Neo.

Archons are like the Agents of the Matrix Movie.

The Architect is like the Demiurge.
>>
The Agents of the Matrix Movie are like Quantum Computers.

They calculate the best possible scenario from all the possible universes and they make that outcome happen.

This is why they can do the bullet dodge.

They know where the bullet will be so they can avoid it.

Only a Quantum computer can do that.
>>
Quantum computers like the D Wave computer reach into the other simulations and they pull out resources ie Information.

They can learn and get the best possible outcome by seeing what happens in the other instances of the Multiverse.
>>
>>18721545
This. Got to hack your way out of the hologram. It's the only way. If you don't want to taste the second death.
>>
>>18720466
"The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.
>>
>>18720643

Haha yea i totally agree, do whatever you want with your life

except this.
>>
Now I see why some people call Americans stupid, this is one example of it, pheww
>>
>>18721376
Yes it is. If the universe is a simulation, something is simulating it. That something had to be built, which means that someone built it. To build it, they had to design it. To design it, they had to be intelligent. Therefore, our universe has been Intelligently Designed.
>>
>>18720760
there's been a suggestion or two to that end, and some people have posited that various strange things suggest we're in a simulation, such as quantum uncertainty arising from floating calculation limitations
>>
>>18721376
Yes it is.
>>
>>18723425
nope. our universe might be simulated by something that manifested itself from virtual particles somewhere in the infinite void - or the simulation could be an emerging property of particle interaction in the super verse. kind of like an accidental computer.
>>
what if its a hologram, and came from nothing, and was designed by god, and its a computer sim all at the same time, like a probability wave?

it will always be every possibility until somebody finds out what it actually is, and then existence will suddenly end because it'll turn out that it created itself.
>>
>>18723458
Sure, the universe could be any number of things you pulled out of your ass.

How exactly is this any more logical than "God did it?"
>>
>>18723881
I don't even have a problem with intelligent design in principle, I just think it's funny how some atheists think they're so much smarter and superior to "Those stupid theists", but don't realize they're arguing for something that necessarily requires a Creator of some kind.

It also makes me think about how the big argument now is "Big Bang vs. Creationism", when the Big Bang was originally dismissed as "too religious" because it sounded an awful lot like "Let there be light." And, of course, because the guy who proposed it was a priest. In fact, "Big Bang theory" was actually a term of derision; it was originally called the "hypothesis of the primeval atom".
>>
>>18721398
/thread
>>
>>18718822
Makes no diffrence
>>
>>18721398
Hypothetically UR GAY how bout dat
>>
>>18723975
aw shit nikka
>>
>>18723458

I'll stick to God rather than your 'might' and 'something' mumbo jumbo
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.