[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, been a while since I cared to post. Any AZfriends online?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Hey /x/, been a while since I cared to post. Any AZfriends online? Did you guys hear that noise a couple hours ago? Evidently most of the Phoenix Metro area did.

Reports of shaking and a booming sound followed by something like a broken air raid/tornado siren going off for almost two minutes.
>>
>>18718208

Please expand on this
>>
>>18718240
Thats all I've got. People are reporting this on social media and even the local news is on top of this.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/239290702-story

Started with a clapping like thunder. Very much like a sonic boom but then it was followed by a whining droning sound that went on for about a minute or so. I didn't notice any shaking though.

It was almost like an air raid siren you'd see in old movies mixed with a tornado siren, but it was long and drawn out. It strangely had a pitch that I've heard before but I don't know from where, almost electric but not quite.

Whats really weird is that for a few minutes before hand I was having WiFi, Cell and Radio issues here that immediately resolved themselves after the sound went away.

Sonic boom? HAARP? Random weather phenomenon? No clue anon.
>>
What I can say is that this was most noticed over the East Valley, areas with no Military presence.

There have been several random "thundering" sounds that proceeded this event.

The sound traveled North West and was heard as far north of Anthem and Peoria.
>>
>>18718208
My mom just told me about it. Sounds pretty spoopy. Anybody in that area keep us updated.
>>
>>18718208
>>18718377
I live right in this vector area and heard nothing today, although recently (last 2-3 months) I have heard similar noises randomly.

Our weather has been odd (for this time of year) so I would say it is more likely due to some freak wind conditions than straight up /x/ things.
>>
>>18718425
Born and raised out here, been in the East Valley all my life. I've heard this before a couple years ago.

Weather is somewhat par for the course this time of year, a little windier than usual but not by much. I can't explain the siren sound though. It spanned such a broad range too.
>>
Probably some fighter pilot having one last wild ride before he gets fired
>>
>>18718471
Like I said, I've heard the described sound before. Also I'm not just talking about ground winds, you have to remember the atmospheric winds and all that shit.

That being said, I can't explain anything about sirens as I didn't hear anything unusual today when I was in that area all day.
>>
>>18718513
It was around 8:30pm tonight.
>>
I live in Ahwatukee and I didn't hear jack shit that I can recall seeming out of the ordinary
>>
I hope a ufo crashed that'd be awesome
>>
central scottsdale here. didn't hear anything but a helicopter did fly by pretty fast
>>
... Wait was it something like a booming trumpet? Literally just talking about this on another thread.

https://youtu.be/eCAgmtB4j7w ?

I'll be in the area in two weeks. Sad I missed it.
>>
>>18719150
It sounded very distant like this but not as much bass. More drawn out in one long burst rather than several repeats.

I have a long background in tech support for ISPs. Specifically I worked with data and satellite for both WAN and LAN connections. When I think about it, the sound was so similar to something but I don't know what, yet I am compelled to believe that I've heard a noise like this before and I keep thinking to my line of work for an answer.

It's like it's right there on the tip of my tongue.
>>
>>18718208
Probably one of those Mach 25+ secret shuttle launches. I wonder where it's headed this time.
People of AZ need to rise up one of these days, and demand some compensation. Enough with the secrecy.
>>
>>18719150
Not to say this is what it is bit I heard sounds like that as they were putting up a huge wind turbine a few miles away. I think it was the sound of metal scraping together as it was built up?
>>
>>18720043
The only wind turbines that I know of aren't anywhere near here Those are all over in Navajo County well up north.
>>
Mesafag here. I ain't heard shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.