[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on Terrence McKenna's alien shrooms theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1470348272695.jpg (243KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1470348272695.jpg
243KB, 1200x1600px
Any thoughts on Terrence McKenna's alien shrooms theory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljy3TH1T0jk

It basically goes that mushrooms (specifically psilocybin mushrooms) are biomechanical alien probes sent to Earth, meant to detect intelligent life.
>>
Was just thinking about this today. Could be true.
>>
Considering how different they are for other lifeforms, and the capacity they have as extremophiles.

It's a valid theory.
>>
People have been harvesting shrooms for thousands of years, doesn't make sense as to why they haven't contacted us yet (unless it's purely observational)
>>
>>18711146
Every time they are ingested is a form of contact being made. You may be able to perceive their dimensional frequency while tripping and interact with those entities
>>
>>18711128
Except they are not that different and are comprised of extremely similar genomes to everything else found on earth
>>
>>18711165
Prove this.
>>
File: 1482294952429.jpg (48KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
1482294952429.jpg
48KB, 750x653px
its a valid theory

mycelium networks are the largest organism on earth i recall too

and the whole spores can survive in deep space is true

mckenna was a cia plant though

no joke my opinion of him changed when he started going on and on about muh 1 kid rule fucking commie
>>
>>18711604
lol@u#nope
>>
I believe
>>
>>18713310
Mushrooms are so fucking weird so it's a possibility.
>Mushroom DNA is more similar to human DNA than plants
>Mushroom spores are made chitin, one of the hardest naturally produced substances in the world
>Mushroom spores can travel through space
>>
>>18711008
The real question is...why the fuck is DMT in almost fucking everything..
>>
>>18711620
I think they are starting to push the 1 kid agenda again, caught the back end of a story on the news the other day.
>>
>>18711620
>>18713346

He mentioned once that the CIA asked him questions and now people think he's a shill. I can argue with you forever. I don't agree with everything McKenna said, especially when it came to human freedom and things challenging it. Like that, and feminism (he loved to paint shit in masculine vs. feminine). But he was brilliant and he was right, psychedelics are boundary dissolving drugs and he said it himself, whether it is a capitalist utopia or communist state psychedelics will make you question conventional wisdom. Which is why all forms of governments outlaw them. You can't bottle chaos, so if that was the CIA's plan then they're foolish for thinking they can control chaos. Also they are psionic stimulants but that's another story.
>>
i donno but its some real spiritual shit
I was a hardcore atheist before I did shrooms
I had contact for a cosmic light being im pretty sure was god
it was too real the be a hallucination iv tripped on lsd before it wasnt nearly this profound
>>
>>18711008
McKenna's so smart he turnt stupit
>>
>>18711146
You have it backwards. Stay pleb.
>>
>>18713325
What do you mean?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.