[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me what this is and what the symbols on it mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 20170228_143738-1.jpg (3MB, 2130x2347px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_143738-1.jpg
3MB, 2130x2347px
Can anyone tell me what this is and what the symbols on it mean? Got it from my recently deceased grams' house and I'm super curious. The only symbols I recognize are the hamsa, the yin yang, and an eye of ra (I think) on the back. Plus the back has a ton of weird characters on it. I'm just trying to figure out what it is and whats on it, so any info you can share helps.
>>
File: 20170228_143746-1.jpg (3MB, 2244x2229px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_143746-1.jpg
3MB, 2244x2229px
Here's the back.
>>
>>18705907
Heresy
>>
>>18705909
Those r fuckin zodiac signs my guy
>>
>>18705907
congratulations you found a jewish hippie coin.
>>
>>18705918
>>18705927
eh guess im just retarded. Not too well versed in stuff like this so Just thought I'd ask.
>>
organizations such as the freemasons make coins like these all the time.

But I dont think this is a freemasons coin. this is from a different group
>>
>>18705967
>yin/yang symbol
>male female symbol
>ankh
>jewish shit
>zodiac
>sacred geometry

its hippie shit that draws from contemporary and in the case of the jewish stuff satanic subcultures and puts it on a coin for new age rich kids to buy
>>
>>18705967
My grandfather is a freemason. Or at least I assume he is cuz I've seen the symbol on some jewelry he wears/owns. Maybe he had a part in it. He's kind of a money-grubbing ass though and not on good terms with my family due to money issues from the funeral. So I can't really just come up out of the blue and be like "hey whats this shit?"
>>
>>18706008
>new age rich kids to buy
Considering its deteriorated and super dingy and parts have rust on it and the rope necklace part is old as shit I doubt this is it but ok. Its been in her housefor decades.
>>
its called a challenge coin.

lots of groups have them including military and police.
pretty much you show this coin to other members of the group to prove youre really a member
>>
http://mentalfloss.com/article/12630/brief-history-challenge-coins
>>
>>18706037
>>18706058
I have actual challenge coins I don't see how this is one
>>
Its not, its something more. I never seen a piece like this before but it has gotten my interest. Something is shifting. Prepare people, years are going to get stranger as we carry on.
>>
>>18705907
Tree of Gra variant of the Kabbalistic tree of life.
-Unknown symbol looks reminiscent of a cross, eternal knot or crossed Hindu vajra
Symbol for the sun/soul and gold in alchemy
Ankh
Yin-Yang
Vesica Pisces made from interlinking male and female symbols most likely symbolising sex or divine hermaphrodite
Infinity
-Unknown symbol looks related to Catholocism or Voodoo
Upside down hand of Fatima containing the Hebrew letter Shin

>>18705909
12 signs of the zodiac surrounding an upward triangle (alchemical symbol of male/fire) with the Hebrew letter Hei in the centre, a stylised variant of the Egyptian wadjet/eye of ra beneath with parts missing.
>>
>>18705907
Top is Gra-Ari version of the Etz Chaiim (the tree of life).
Left is infinity, duh.
Right is Sol, Sun. The soul.
Bottom left is Mars and Venus conjoined. Male and female united.
Bottom right is the Ankh.
The center in the hamsa is the letter Shin, might mean the Holy Spirit or Shaddai. Or something.

The top right and top left are intriguing.
For the top left I can see Neptune at its top, and Omega at its left.
I wanna know what that is.

At the back in the triangle is the letter Heh, symbolizing either one of the H in the word YHVH.
>>
>>18706101
>>18706093
in other words hippie garbage
>>
>>18706112
Pretty much, the Zodiac is in the wrong order, and while all these symbols have their place in Occult workings this particular collective of symbols isn't suggestive of a greater purpose so much as it looks like someone just grabed whatever symbols they could and stuck them on a coin. The tree of Gra variant is interesting though since it's rarely used.
>>
>>18706093
>>18706101
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. Appreciate the actual answers.
>>18706112
Fuck off. I never said it was some crazy mystical artifact I just wanted to know what the symbols are. Thanks for the shitpost though lets me know you care ;^)
>>
>>18706163
>ask what coin is
>find out it's just trendy bullshit and not some super sekret mysterious coin
>get assblasted
>>
>>18705909
the order of the signs is wrong? skipping every other sign except for pisces to aries for some raisin.. im a little curious as to why they're sorted like that since there's not really any astrological explanation or reason for them to be other than maybe whoever made the coin had a brainfart and misprinted it lma o
>>
>>18706368
same poster-- it must be feminine signs to masculine signs but still like. why lol
and why are the lines separating libra leo gemini and aries bigger than the rest?? what a ~~~Mystery~~~
>>
>>18706397
Maybe it's of personal significance to the grandmother? Although a metal cast like that implies mass production...
>>
I have a couple other necklaces I wanted to ask about. But Im gonna leave soon so I'll post them later. One of em has like stars all over it and the other one is just really weirdly printed and you can barely make out a guys head with something coming out the mouth. Will post soon.
>>
Missing Yod.
>>
>>18705907
Shit. You shouldn't have that OP. Your best move is to throw it away somewhere that it can't be traced back to you. You may well fuck yourself if you don't.
>>
>>18706239
Always.

>But but I am special moonchild alium right?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.