[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What fears do we have? Thalassophobia. Every single thing about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: 85c.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
85c.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
What fears do we have?
Thalassophobia.
Every single thing about large bodies of water freak me out. I can't even bear to swim in my local river for fear of something hiding inside of it. Pic related. That shit gave me nightmares as a kid.
>>
>>18701003
Social anxiety disorder. Big time.
>>
File: fear.png (407KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
fear.png
407KB, 500x571px
calling out dubs and not getting them
>>
The depths of the Ocean can be seen to represent the depths of our subconscious mind...where it can get quite dark, where monsters hide in the form of phobias, traumas, conplexes, destructive habbits and patterns, repressed emotions, you call it.

No wonder we fear it
>>
File: goblinshark.png (161KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
goblinshark.png
161KB, 640x360px
>>18701179
I think being afraid of the ocean is pretty literal you pretentious faggot
>>
>>18701177
Double dubs anon, this is your day of luck
>>
File: itp_alexandersemenov_006.jpg (444KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
itp_alexandersemenov_006.jpg
444KB, 1680x1680px
>>18701003
What does it mean if you are the opposite, and find the ocean top compf? I even have dreams about floating around in sea caverns and being incredibly at peace.
>>
>>18701170
Me again, forgot to add that I am also slightly terrified of the ocean. Only slightly, though.
>>
>>18701003
Plants growing where they shouldn't be.
>>
I'm pretty afraid of birds to be honest. There was one fucker who always used to swoop me when I was walking home from school, made me look like an autist when I had to hold my bag over my head in fear of getting absolutely munched by the thing. Since then I try to avoid any sort of bird and get anxious if one hops along anywhere near me or is hanging out in a tree near me.

Pathetic I know but I don't want my skull to be fucking cracked open by a bird
>>
>>18701003
I think this game itself was what gave me that very phobia. I refused to play that level. Also gave me a fear of swimming in general...

Fuck... that level affected me more than it should have as a kid.
>>
>>18701003
Same. I hated that level. Pretty much every game that featured swimming in the water with sharks or things with teeth.
>>
>>18701003
I'm the same, I am deathly afraid of deep water (anything deeper than what I could reach with my toes, honestly) and additionally, I get chills from shipwrecks or anything else man-made in water that is rusty and dirty (like buoys, chains, etc) - apparently, this is called submechanophobia, so I'm not the only crazy guy. I don't have a problem with depictions of deep water in games, though.
>>
>swimming in big ass lake
>can see the bottom right under my feet
>swim a meter further
>bottom disappears like it's a very deep hole
>instantly remember myths about a nessie-like creature from that lake
>feels like my heart is exploding as i retreat to the shore and get out of the water
>>
>>18701889
I'm not afraid of anything in the land where I can defend myself but I'm not a water creature and am at an incredible disadvantage if something decides to attack. Guess that's where the fear comes from, specially since those deep blue waters can have gigantic stuff hiding in them, I'd probably die of a heart attack if I look down and spot a big silhouette moving under me
>>
> Check calendar
> 2017
MFW people are still scared.
>>
>>18701181
This guy gets it.
I'm not afraid of some fucking subconscious unknown or some real-life dilemma. I'm scared of some Cthulurapemonster and his buddies chilling in the dark void where I'll fucking drown to death.
>>
File: 1398303262160.jpg (152KB, 721x541px) Image search: [Google]
1398303262160.jpg
152KB, 721x541px
>>18701878
Literally the fucking same here, deep water frightens me the fuck out. I can't really go into a boat without staying at the very center and looking at the horizon. The cause for this still remains unknown to me; I've tried to find out if it's related to pelagic bullshit, but those still fascinate me a bit more than scare me. My guess it's there's a sentiment of opression and insignificance when faced with something so huge, it's not about drowning or being eaten as it is about being swallowed by that emptiness.
>>
>>18701964
For me, drowning is definitely part of that. I can't say for certain whether the fear of the water led to me not being a good swimmer or if never learning how to swim properly led to the fear. I'm leaning to the former since I can't rationalise how me not being a good swimmer could lead to the dread I experience when looking at a photograph of a shipwreck.
>>
>>18701939
tfw no face
>>
File: lghzmAu.jpg (79KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
lghzmAu.jpg
79KB, 1024x640px
>>18701992
On the contrary, I can swim very well, and enjoy doing so, but only on certain bodies of waters (like rivers where I can see the bottom or at least know it's not that deep, or pools). Shipwrecks must have a similar effect for both, they simply amaze me in all regards, but overall cause some dread deep within. Perhaps it's all about the implications of it? Submechanophobia is a new word to me, but the concept is very familiar.
Learn to swim on a shallow pool, it will definitely make the fear at least a bit less terrible.
>>
File: a25R7n9_460sv.webm (3MB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
a25R7n9_460sv.webm
3MB, 460x460px
did somebody say lasso thread?
>>
>>18702025
Oh yes, I've been in the swimming pools more than in the sea and done some swimming but it hasn't helped. I've never had a problem with swimming pools since they're contained and quite shallow.
>>
>>18701203
i guess that would be thasallophilia
>>
>>18701003
spiders and getting in a car crash and someone getting seriously hurt.
I don't know own anyone who has so it seems irrational, but every time I drive I feel like I could die or kill someone. I haven't even been pulled over since 2010
>>
>>18701889
What lake was it?
>>
File: 1474132795924.gif (423KB, 600x826px) Image search: [Google]
1474132795924.gif
423KB, 600x826px
If 4 or 6 then i'll ask her out on a date today
>>
>>18701003
Topophobia.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.