[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is David Paulides legit or not? I read his Missing 411 book for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: paulide.jpg (327KB, 501x503px)
paulide.jpg
327KB, 501x503px
Is David Paulides legit or not? I read his Missing 411 book for the Eastern US, and it was spooky af, but I'm still a little skeptical of him.
>>
>>18700317
i have no reason to believe he's anything but honest. I have one of the western US and canada books and it is fuckin spooky. In every interview I've ever heard that he's done he never offers any hypothesis as to what could be causing the disappearances. In fact he's usually pretty adamant about not suggesting any of that stuff in your pic there
>>
>>18700519
OP here; yeah, he's specifically said several times "Folks, I have never given you a theory. I have given you a series of facts. What happens if I come out and I tell you, ‘It’s that.’ And then the next day somebody comes out and proves it can’t be that. My credibility is shot." which I like because it's not like he's laying it all down on one theory. I just used the pic cause it's funny.
>>
File: smugpumpkin.png (1MB, 836x815px)
smugpumpkin.png
1MB, 836x815px
>>18700317

I think David is mostly on the money, but he suffers from a set of mistakes. Some of these aren't necessarily his fault

1. Sometimes details come out after the case is reported. These sometimes owe themselves to a normal explanation
2. Paulides doesn't always get all the details. Sometimes he misses something crucial like a drug problem or possible foul play.
3. Many cases are too far in the past to accurately be counted
4. David rejects terminal Burrowing/Paradoxical undressing. This pisses off a lot of critics. This leads to quick "debunkings" from a lot of people who don't read the entire case
>>
>>18700662
Could you elaborate on point 4 a bit? I'm unfamiliar with "terminal burrowing/paradoxical undressing."
>>
>>18700675

Terminal burrowing is an unusual behavior seen when humans are in the last stages of Hypothermia. They'll enter closed, confined spaces like under beds or cars.

Paradoxical Undressing is another unintuitive behavior found when someone is Hypothermic. It involves stripping off articles of clothing before discarding them. Often times(In Missing 411) victims are found with their clothes removed. Paradoxical Undressing is given as an explanation. Paulides denies it as an explanation.
>>
>>18700688
Huh; looking back I can definitely see where some of the cases could be paradoxical undressing, but others don't add up. Like there was one kid who apparently took off his shoes and socks, then put his socks in his pocket and put his shoes back on. Some of the cases that could be paradoxical undressing also had other weird shit going on, like the person being five feet from someone else when they vanished, so I can see why he'd deny it as the single explanation, but I wouldn't discount it altogether.
>>
>>18700723

I don't think Paradoxical undressing can account for many cases, or any, really. Even if it factors into a case, it can't be used as a mechanism for why someone vanished.( By itself anyway)

I'd rather look at Cougar/Bear/Wildmen theories, possible foul play, lying , or omission of details. Though, it's hard to work Cougar or Bear attacks into the mix because of how rare they are.
>>
>>18700732
Many of the cases do mention black figures that most people assume are bears, but don't act like them at all.

This link goes over a few such instances:
http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/09/bizarre-tales-of-the-almost-vanished/
>>
>>18700898

I'm hesitant to take first-hand accounts from children, but It's best we have I suppose.

The cases really do beg for an honest, ordinary account of action. But often, I find nothing plausible to fill the gaps. If anything can be surmised, whatever is taking people is too Illusory to ever be captured. It operates perfectly every time. Silently, quickly, effortlessly.

That IS if we can take these disappearances as connected. and I'm not sure if we can.
>>
You guys are making the same mistake so many others are making in these threads in thinking that the "facts™" as presented by Paulides are even remotely accurate.

My challenge to anyone interested is this:

• Pick three stories from any Paulides book or radio interview that captures your imagination.

• Jot down the main spooky details as described by him.

• Use your googler to search news reports of the cases. cross-reference the facts as described from multiple sources against those described by Paulides.

• Profit.
>>
File: 1460760339409.jpg (381KB, 1500x996px)
1460760339409.jpg
381KB, 1500x996px
>>18702014
I mean, he was a police detective, and he's the only Bigfoot researcher that required a signed affidavit from witnesses to insure they are being truthful by accountability. He also frequently writes thoughtful notes on his blog when notable people in his field of work pass away, despite having no monetary reason to do so.

http://www.canammissing.com/current_events.html

The only real issue one can take with him is that he apparently had an incident while he was on the force where he used city stationery to ask for some autographs. But that doesn't mean he's lying about missing persons cases.

I have no reason to suspect at this time that he is anything but truthful.

https://www.quora.com/Did-David-Paulides-author-of-the-Missing-411-books-and-former-police-officer-leave-the-police-force-on-good-terms-and-in-good-standing-Why-or-why-not
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.