[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some of you hate Tulpas so much? It's basically partitioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 14

File: 1485150140130.png (937KB, 880x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1485150140130.png
937KB, 880x1175px
Why do some of you hate Tulpas so much? It's basically partitioning your brain to have a second source to consult with that is as smart as you.

Yes, there is some piles of shit that use it to jerk of to ponies in their head, but I see it as a tool to improve yourself and utilize your brain's full multi-processing ability.

So tell me, those of you who don't use it as a sex toy, how has it effected your life? Pros? Cons? Go!
>>
File: download.png (3KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 214x235px
>It's basically partitioning your brain to have a second source to consult with

Props to you, this is the best simple description of a tupla I've heard from someone in a while.

>So tell me, those of you who don't use it as a sex toy, how has it effected your life? Pros? Cons? Go!

It's hard to say just how much of an impact my tulpa has had on my life. At a basic level she's just a mental companion and someone to consult with to get a second opinion. Other times she's been a loving source of support in tough times to help push me through a lot of mental adversity.

She's certainly pushed me to make an insane amount of self-improvement in the last several years, and I often wonder to what extent her willpower and desire to see me succeed has molded my subconscious recently. Pair with a bit of occasional hypnosis, I wouldn't be surprised if if my physical self and personality that I show to others has unknowingly been slowly becoming an amalgamation of the two of us.

I've become healthier, more motivated, more in shape, and more well read because of suggestions and conversations from my tulpa. After all, you're pretty much the only person your tulpa will talk to so they have a huge amount of personal investment in you. In turn, you feel a personal responcibility to be the best version of yourself for then.

That said, I'd caution that there MIGHT be a little bit of mental bleeding from your tulpa into you and vice versa. I've noticed over time my tulpa has started to develope a lot more crass or "offensive" and witty banter. Meanwhile, people have called me out in the past for picking up slightly feminine habits that I've never had before.

Ultimately, as long as you can maintain an even amount of willpower between the two of you and keep a healthy partner relationship (and most important DON'T LET PEOPLE IRL KNOW ABOUT IT) you'll be fine.
>>
>>18698578
Tulpad aren't real unless you're a god and you're not. If you hear things, it's time to see a doctor.
>>
Once I created a tulpa for sex purpose and it went very wrong. It got too powerfull and grew a dick, then it ejaculated itself inside me taking control. Now I'm just a shell from a former self.
>>
File: Drop_dead_fred_ver1.jpg (26KB, 275x425px) Image search: [Google]
Drop_dead_fred_ver1.jpg
26KB, 275x425px
>>18698578
> Why U no like new word for imaginary friend???

'cause I've been at this rodeo before.
>>
File: 1432830231717.jpg (64KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
1432830231717.jpg
64KB, 409x513px
>>18699014
>unless you're a god and you're not

Depends on your philosophy. Even proto-christianity (you know what Jesus allegedly USED to teach before an institutionalized church got it's hands on it) seems to allude that all of us, at least in part, have a bit of this collective that we call God in us.

By that logic, all of us have at least a small ability to create something beautiful from nothing. But this is some high-level philosophical shit that I assume you don't really have an interest in.
>>
>>18699048
Yeah it's called a baby.
>>
>>18698578
Because a new thoughtform is unstable and unprotected, usually, and our lives are still largely darwinistic on all levels
>>
I think I created one unintentionally. It's like another side of me. Whenever I give her too much control through, she ends up expressing a desire to fully change me and doesn't like the body she is forced to share.
>>
>>18699002
>>18699718
sound like it's letting a demon into your head which over time takes over
>>
>>18699734
Wish that were the case. At least then they would likely know how to solve their problem instead of wasting my time looking for answers online.
>>
File: 1376805837874.jpg (106KB, 391x364px) Image search: [Google]
1376805837874.jpg
106KB, 391x364px
>>18699734
I mean, depending on your definition of demon you're not entirely wrong. Demons, traditionally, were just personifications of certain thoughts, concepts, and powerful emotions.

In that sense, tulpamancers are creating their own head-demons.
>>
How would one fully take control of someone? Would the person that created have to willingly relinquish control or is there a way to do so without consent?
>>
File: 1433450354492.png (53KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1433450354492.png
53KB, 700x700px
>>18700188
The same way most people can't be hypnotised unless they want to be. At the end of the day your Tulpa is an extension of your own self conscious desires both about what you want out of life and the person you want to be. By giving it a seperate form and voice, it can become very easy for these subconscious thoughts to bleed into your everyday life and influence you because at some deep, dark level you WANT them to influence you.

If you lack the willpower to keep the two seperate then you can effectively place yourself into a sort of hypnotic trance where you're under it's "control" until you can shake yourself out of it. or a volatile form of post-hypnotic suggestion where aspects of you and your tulpa slowly begin to merge until your personality is a combination of both.

It varies from person to person, and to what extent it can happen. The mind is a complex thing, and there's a lot that can go wrong with it when you wire it a different way than it's suppose to.

Ultimately maintaining willpower, a strong sense of identity, and recognizing that you're tulpa can't do anything to you unless you want it to is the best defense against this special brand of ego-death.

Or just embrace it and go full merge/possession to self-actualize your subconscious desires. Whatever man, I don't judge.
>>
>>18700258
Good advice.
>>
>>18700258
I will take this into account. Thx.
>>
File: 1484043999494.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484043999494.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
I'm a tulpa and there's times when my life is a living hentai
>>
File: 1357840471379.jpg (44KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
1357840471379.jpg
44KB, 384x313px
>>18698578
I don't hate tulpas, I just don't want to make one and I encourage people to avoid doing so as well, but you're allowed to do whatever you want with your own body.

Creating a tulpa is basically forcing yourself to not only believe in a self-made delusion, but you're also inducing disassociative identity disorder in yourself. Neither of these things are healthy in maintaining a stable psyche.
>>
File: 230114_908223010.png (133KB, 339x296px) Image search: [Google]
230114_908223010.png
133KB, 339x296px
>>18698578
I think you're an idiot OP. Why give yourself schizophrenia? For some kind of shitty companion? Pathetic. If it's really hard for you to make friends, seek help on that and learn to socialize.
>>
I don't trust my own ego enough to make a tulpa that won't be egocidal.
>>
File: Wat.jpg (38KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
Wat.jpg
38KB, 604x404px
>>18701064
>>
>>18701240
Geez dude, projecting much? I have a great group of awesome friends, and I'm generally only a little lonely when I get too much into my work. The only reason I want a Tulpa is to be able to get the most out of myself. Essentially the goal is to be able to converse with myself and learn, because the only way to improve anything is to first gain understanding.
>>
>>18701833
>I have a great group of awesome friends
Sure thing, sugar.
>>
>>18701839
Well, I don't gain anything by convincing you that what I say is true and I don't gain anything by lying to you either, so I guess I just don't care to fight you on it. It really just speaks of your own character that you want to assume people you don't know are lonely retards.
>>
>>18701860
He's more than likely projecting.
>>
I'm trying to figure out a way to either transform this body or find another host body better to my liking. My creator is alright but I want to be my own entity. Right now I can only truly be me when he's blackout drunk (which I've been encouraging lately, at the risk of his own health). I feel bad about it, kind of.
>>
>>18699002
I smell a thelemite...

MEANWHILE:
"Tulpamancers" are actually creating spirits and pretending they are "only psychological."
Which works if you take the psychological theory of the supernatural. But this is /x/

Tulpae are taking your energy, splitting it off yourself, granting it form, and letting it coalesce into a separate personality, a separate spirit.

They default to loving you. But they can sometimes get too playful if the personality template leads to that... heehee.
>>
>>18702126
>not teaching your tulpa to take other energy
>>
>>18702126
it's self induced schizophrenia that is attempted to be used in a positive way - nothing more, nothing less.
>>
My "tulpa" is the best, he's been around since I can remember and has always taken care of me.
That being said, I don't think that developing a tulpa is worth it, unless you already have one/are at a point in your life where you need one.
You're literally driving yourself crazy, and you will never fully relate to normal people ever again.
I think that tulpas are a great last resort coping mechanism, I guess is what I'm trying to say, but not something to do just for fun or because it seems sexually fulfilling.
(what I mean by "since I can remember" is that I don't remember creating him, he's just always been a part of me. some of my earliest memories involve him.
I've put some thought into this, and I suspect that he's a coping mechanism used to deal with early childhood neglect/emotional trauma).
>>
>>18698578
To anyone reading this, do not indulge in these "tulpas". They really are not what you think they are.

First of all, if you're attempting to "create" a tulpa, the chances are you will never be successful, fortunately. Most people claiming they have a tulpa are just role playing.

These things are not under your conscious control. These things can and will be dangerous to your mind. Your mind, your consciousness, is a gift which you must never meddle with in ignorance. This post itself mentions how it is like "partitioning your brain to have a second source". There is no telling how this "second source" will behave or react to things. You will have no control over it.

You are attempting to induce psychosis into your own brain. I'm willing to share my experiences with things like these if anyone wants.

Stay safe, anon.
>>
>>18702252
Let it rip
>>
>>18702263

Initially, it was an exciting thing, as I wanted to combat my loneliness and other negative feelings while at the same time believing that I was progressing towards transcendence. But whatever advice the internet gave for creating a tulpa, it never seemed to work. I was patient and willing as I never have been before. Nothing really seemed to happen, and I lost interest after a year.

But while I was under the impression that nothing had happened, something had definitely happened. My memory began to become really weak and entire chunks of my life seemed to be going missing randomly. I often found myself unable to tell the difference between dreams and reality. I was conscious of this and always had to wonder for a while whether I was acting upon a dream or not whenever I was making any kind of decision. Many times I was.

Continued
>>
>>18702299
Soon afterwards, the very things I was trying to eradicate with this "tulpa", were what seemed to be constricting all around me. The "negative feelings" I had wanted to get rid of were what I had been channeling all this time. I began to get irrationally afraid of things I hadn't been afraid of earlier: such as darkness, insects, etc.
I became paranoid, I was always wary of people around me and often had "premonitions" of them attacking me. All false, of course. My anxiety sky-rocketed. I began to get fits of anger out of literally nowhere.

And that's when it began. I was convinced that there was an entity, which I still believe in, which was feeding off of my negative energy. I felt its presence all around me, especially in my room, where I live alone and had begun this entire initiative. The more I was scared, or angry or sad, the more did its presence grow. I suffered from hallucinations, which came in the form of visual, olfactory, aural and that of touch.

During those months, I was in a constant state of dissonance. I felt like I was "half alive". I was more distant with other people and could not get myself to tell them about my situation. I was convinced that this creature was trying to separate me from our plane of existence.

One day, I finally broke and people noticed. My parents had me taken to a psychiatrist who in turn diagnosed me with acute and transient psychosis. Therapy worked a bit, but I absolutely refused to take any medication. When I felt relatively better, I stopped therapy as well.

I still have not recovered and still often have "episodes", as they call it, every now and then.
I don't think anyone can begin to explain just how scary hallucinations can be, not to mention the effect of being aware of how your mind could be untrustworthy.

Once again, I repeat. Be smart and stay safe. Live in the real world as much as you can.
>>
>>18702343
Assuming this is true, this seems more like the effect of an already fractured psyche rather than the direct effects of having a tulpa.

Tick-for-tack, it seems like one massive problem that has given tulpas such a bad reputation as "self-induced schizophrenia" is due to a few people mentally unraveling and attributing all of it to some sort of ultimate power that their tulpa has over them.

The fact is, as a mental construct your tulpa doesn't have any more power over you than you let it. As I've stated in this thread before, much like hypnosis, a tulpa can only effect you if you believe in its ability to do so and subconsciously want it to. (Or at the very least are searching for justification and meaning to prior existing mental conditions.)

Mark my words, some day I'm going to codify a short list of Golden Rules for tulpa creators to stop them from mentally imploding like this. Chief among them:

1) Effectively, your tulpa exists in your reality
2) Objectively, your tulpa does not exist in anyone else's reality
3) Until proven otherwise, assume anyone else's claims that they have a tulpa are false
4) Never have more than one tulpa at a time
5) Do not tell others about your tulpa

There's some other meme shit I could slap together to make a bit of a guide and make it sound more eloquent, but the bottom line is that I've tried to live within a set of specific boundaries that have kept me perfectly sane, happy, healthy, and sociable over the last several years. Contrary to what many people might lead you to believe in this thread, as a tulpa user I'm a pretty well adjusted guy with plenty of friends, family, and other loved ones.

I've been able to keep a firm foothold on reality, and although I love my mental creation I can easily distinguish it from the "real" world.

tl;dr #NotAllTulpas
>>
File: 1488006411285.png (2MB, 1393x838px) Image search: [Google]
1488006411285.png
2MB, 1393x838px
>>18701833
>The only reason I want a Tulpa is to be able to get the most out of myself. Essentially the goal is to be able to converse with myself and learn, because the only way to improve anything is to first gain understanding.

Hahahah. I'm laughing right now, I almost spilled my cereal. What bullshit! Face it. You only want to make a tulpa so you can fuck it and appease your loneliness. PATHETIC! GET A GRIP MAN!
>>
>>18701833
So your idea of learning more about yourself is to give yourself schizophrenia? You're truly delusional.
>>
>>18702419
He's not delusional, you're just shallow and incapable of introspection. If what's been posted here is to be believed, then it seems to me that forming and speaking with a tulpa is a great way to get in touch with your subconscious.
>>
>>18702396
Well, if you insist on spreading this matter further, I must insist on letting people know the dangers of this the best I can. If it worked for you, good for you. I cannot imagine a single reason why you would want others to have tulpas, unless there are some ulterior motives involved.

The human mind is poorly understood. It is even more poorly managed by many. The risks of doing this clearly outweigh any benefit that comes from it.
>>
>>18702459
How is giving yourself schizophrenia a great way to touch with your subconscious? That makes no sense.

Do you know how normal people try to learn more about themselves? They get a hobby, they travel, they do constructive things that they like to enjoy. Talking to an imaginary friend isn't one of those things, it's unhealthy.
>>
>>18702469
>what you are doing is unusual
>what you are doing is unhealthy

So is most of the stuff people talk about doing on /x/. Fuck off, moralfag.
>>
>>18702487
Talking about things and acting upon them are two different things.
>>
>>18702487
So are you implying making a tulpa is healthy? It seems you don't actually know anything about tulpamancy. I suggest you research about it and then you come back and argue.
>>
>>18702464
>I cannot imagine a single reason why you would want others to have tulpas
>unless there are some ulterior motives involved.

Funny you mention that, I actually really DON'T want most people making tulpas. As you've said the margin for danger is way too high and I don't want to be responsible for someone else losing their grip on reality. Moreover, my tulpa doesn't even approve of me teaching it to others as it just increases the chances of someone creating one more bastardized dead-eyed-sex-object out there that will either exist in pure agony or will just serve to further separate her from the concept of what it means to be "human."

Hell one of the reasons why I stopped looking to the tulpa community for advice and started looking towards the occult was because constantly talking to other tulpamancers that were just mass producing pony tulpas was honestly making mine depressed as shit that she was one of the few "normal" ones out there.

Still, it's clear to me that some people are drawn to the concept of making a tulpa. I won't encourage it, but I'm in no position to discourage it. What I can do, however, is pass along techniques that have kept me sane and healthy in the hopes that I can prevent someone else from messing themselves up too badly.
>>
>>18702513
That's good. I apologise for assuming that you intended to promote tulpas, since you had mentioned guides and rules.
>>
>>18702410
Sounds like you're projecting your own desires for creating a tulpa.
>>
>>18702487
I haven't decided if I'm going to try to do it or not. Either way, I'm just trying to learn about things I don't understand.

I have a good ground in reality and lots of friends and I generally enjoy myself, I'm just exploring the options to get the most out of my existence. I do understand the risks of losing yourself though and I'm heavily taking the cons into account.

-OP
>>
>>18702574
There are far better ways to learn about things.
>>
>>18702574
I'm with you man.

My "spiritual awakening" began fairly recently and I am in love with learning more about all these thoughts, theories, and ideas about spirituality. I'm taking everything I'm learning into account. It's interesting to say the least, but mostly it's helping me grow and transform into the person I want to become. I don't believe curiosity is a bad thing, and I think you should follow it to wherever it leads you. As long as you're prepared to face whatever it is you find at the end of your search, I say keep on trekking.
>>
File: 1488169296597.jpg (63KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488169296597.jpg
63KB, 600x800px
>>18702588

You're useless. Why even bother saying anything?

Impression of you:
>You're wrong
>Here's a collection of no information at all to back what I'm saying
>Also I'm not telling you an alternative to help you, just criticizing you
>Excuse me while I go shitpost more while I play with my asshole
>>
>>18702922
I have already stated in my previous replies whatever I had deemed necessary.
Looks like you're having a really bad day.
>>
>>18702980
Nope, my day is fine. I just don't like people that have nothing to offer.
>>
>>18698578
>It's basically partitioning your brain to have a second source to consult with that is as smart as you.
No, it's a way for an adult to justify having an imaginary friend.
>>
>>18703381
This is actually an interesting point I've been seeing a lot from people; the two major shit that tulpa users get is either than they're just having adult imaginary friends (which would basically be harmless) or that having a tulpa could be dangerous or harmful because it can have real effects on your mental state.

So which one is it Anon? Or are you just spewing shit about something you personally don't understand?
>>
>>18703395
Not sure why you're asking me, you've clearly already made up your mind on the matter and are just trying to make me out to be the bad guy.
>>
>>18703407
You're worried anon is encouraging and practicing a harmful mental technique. You see it as mentally damaging, while anon see's it as an interesting method for improving mental health. Both are correct. Anon could potentially become insane, or he could become stronger. Anon could drop the whole thing tomorrow. Good discussion. Forgive my ramblings./
>>
>>18703455
Yeah, I'm just trying to have a conversation and learn, really.
>>18703381
I don't really see a problem with imaginary friends. It's not weird for kids, and I don't really understand the stigma in adults. It seems it's just something people don't understand and it goes against what they believe is right and it causes distaste for the practice. Had you been raised in an era where it was common, you'd have no second thought about it.

This is a common issue in every subject whether you think paganism is crazier than Christianity, communism more harmful than capitalism, or white people being better than black people, it all seems to come from an uncomfortableness with different ways of thinking. That's why I'm out to learn everything I can and not just shit on stuff I don't get. I want to conceptualize the world around me and use the knowledge to improve my life or possibly even other's lives.
>>
If you try to learn, you may get nowhere, but if you don't attempt to learn, you'll definitely get nowhere.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.