[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existence is God's struggle to tame the abyss that is his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 27

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Existence is God's struggle to tame the abyss that is his ground. Every birth is a re-enactment of the divine paradox: out of impenetrable darkness emerges a subject that could not have anticipated such a thing as itself in that darkness. Simultaneously its own cause and effect, the self is Baron Munchausen pulling himself out of the swamp of nothingness by his own hair.
>>
There is no ground to knowledge because knowledge is the relation of the system to itself. Notice our exasperated answer to the child that will not stop asking "why?": because that's the way things are. Who does not hear in this God's reply to Moses: I AM THAT I AM?
>>
Video games are a frivolous hobby because, as they are embedded in the actual, they are not the actual. But what is reality embedded in so we might believe our own dreams and pain soar on a higher current than the empty down-here? The terror of the prideful ego, the ennui of the new champion, the suburbanite that asks if this all there is to life, this is the self recoiling at its own nothingness. This is the highest task: the abyss either consumes, or is consumed.
>>
>t. a 15 year old philosopher
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 184x274px
Life is process, consumption, change. I possess and am possessed. I consume lower life forms so they might become muscle and thought, I in turn am consumed by the ideas to which my consciousness sacrifices its individual essence. Desire is the One's hunger for itself.
>>
The Fall was the silence of divine eternity broken by the "I AM". In that declaration, the void posited itself as itself, and its peace was shattered forever. The "I" is evil, and it is joy. Always departing from itself, in its very experience of the object it renders itself separate from the object, and so this is existence: diffuse anxiety, an unceasing restlessness, the eternal pressure "to be" and not simply to become. No one wants to admit the crack in the heart of being.
>>
File: a486140107095.png (1MB, 1468x1101px) Image search: [Google]
a486140107095.png
1MB, 1468x1101px
Mumonkan
The Gateless Gate
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Man loves the feminine because it is matter clothed in its most beguiling form. The true beauty is the groundless beauty, all being is a song in the abyss for nothing else but the joy of singing, and we see something of it in the girl with the sad eyes.
>>
>>18696817
whats the purpose of this thread?
>>
File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 276x183px
Beauty is nothing but the projection of one's fullness onto the world. What is the sky but the inner reality of the spirit made visible? What is the landscape but the sight of one's finitude in the infinite? What is woman, song, kindness, friendship, but this purity I could never have asked for until it was given to me from nothing?
>>
File: b1486146486918.jpg (84KB, 720x486px) Image search: [Google]
b1486146486918.jpg
84KB, 720x486px
>>18697273
He said it there >>18697251
>>
In the beginning was blind chaos, but in that roil was birthed God's germinal longing for Himself, blind, grasping, untempered by the understanding. See this in nature, the seething frenzy of rats and insects, the hunger of the debauched, will without spirit.

The divine and human drama are one and the same: the progressive refinement of the will to unity, until our inarticulate graspings become the Word.
>>
>>18697288
still dont get it
>>
File: download (4).jpg (9KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9KB, 226x224px
Woman is the moon, for she is the receptacle of a greater light not her own. Woman is the moon, for the moon is inconstant, it is the eye of the night, the image of its nameless longing. But woman is the moon because she is the very light in that darkness, she raises man up from himself, lights the flame of his will with her love and her scorn. Woman are limned in the mystery.
>>
>>18697336
Wow, that was beautiful.
>>
File: alone.jpg (182KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
182KB, 1200x800px
The self is an illusion. The lowest of men are hives of appetites, obsessions, fears, tenuously held together by the corporeal envelope. Heraclitus' river could just as well be a metaphor for the "I". There is no constancy but the fact of the river's onrush itself. There is no self but the space in which my selves - one now hungry, another tired, one now joyous, another morbid - are born and die like mayflies.
>>
File: 4.jpg (35KB, 233x276px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
35KB, 233x276px
I find myself as nothing but a speck, the smallest of nothings.
I am but one among infinite ones.

I have spent so long with the attitude that i have total freedom because nothing really means anything unless i decide that it does.

I have spent countless days in gluttony and laziness
smoking weed day and day out, never exercising
i dont even brush my teeth

but i have come to understand
although i still deny it
that despite being nothing, my life is divine and sacred, because i am, even if im nothing, i am.

I have no other options but to grow up and treat my life and my duties with the seriousness and sacred respect that they truly deserve

Corinthians 13:11
"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

If i never make the conscious decision to let go of my ceaseless desire for comfort then i will never overcome myself
and i will never truly be happy

and yet, here i am, wasting away in bed, stoned, a little horny
just like always
just like always

will i die before i choose to deny myself and accept the love of god?
>>
>>18697559
>because i am, even if im nothing, i am.

the distillation of all spiritual truth and the overcoming of nihilism all in one

I used to be you, with the weed and beating off high and laying around in bed all day and everything, and in some ways I still am, but I'm making steps.
>>
File: night_street_by_zerogroll.jpg (88KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
night_street_by_zerogroll.jpg
88KB, 900x598px
Death is the irreversible breakdown of the body's nexus of integrity. At that time, the forces you have harbored and nurtured in your thought and being - your karma - are reabsorbed by their source principles and you're left with the check, like a group of pilgrims splitting up and going their separate ways at journey's end. Death asks you, did you live your life in such a way that even I am not an interruption; were you a true Self, fearless, majestic, naked in my silence, or were you a small self, the instrument of obscure, subconscious hungers, the discarded tool by which they entered the Real?
>>
File: 7038645-girl-city-photo.jpg (210KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7038645-girl-city-photo.jpg
210KB, 1920x1200px
Schelling understood if God is to be the true, living God, then evil must be more primordial than good. That a light can only be THE light if it dispels a primal darkness. There is no dawn without night. And yet it is as if all the evil of the primordial universe was simply the means to the negation of itself: God, infinite light, infinite joy. How ecstatic the struggle of he who has assimilated this truth, how charged with Providence his every action, how elevated and serene his mind, as if it breathes only the air of mountain altitudes.
>>
>>18696817
what the fuck are you on and can i have some
>>
File: download.png (1KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
1KB, 233x216px
Unlike many room-temperature IQs, I find many of these posts to be beautiful; not the effeminate posts. I pray to the nameless Christian god every night that one day I will stop wanting "I" to be a thing, and that He will walk me by the hand towards the gate of death, rather than kicking and screaming like the hedonistic godless men that scour the physical and finite world. The sole fact that the Christian god said to his follower Moses "I am that I am," is the reason I've chosen this religious path, because to give oneself a single name and claim to be everything is a contradiction. The Christian god has met the philosophical criteria for an infinite divine being.
>>
>>18697633
Death asks you, did you live your life in such a way that even I am not an interruption; were you a true Self, fearless, majestic, naked in my silence, or were you a small self, the instrument of obscure, subconscious hungers, the discarded tool by which they entered the Real?

That's pretty good I'd swear it was Nietzche
>>
men speak words with eloquence, yet lack the same intellect to formulate the same thought into positive action. Lack the courage. Lack the following through of an ideal. Lack commitment
>>
Man is lacking. Man refuses to break out of paradigm and tradition to relearn through instinct and nature.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 300x168px
Parmenides understood this much: that what is not can never come to be, that from the perspective of eternity I am always already dead, and yet always already alive. Death is not the end but the black sleep out of which I wake to marvel at the way the light falls into the room.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
9KB, 284x177px
Thought is the hook by which I latch myself to the world. Thought is Oroboros, the eternally revolving, eternally devouring ring, the flame being sleeps by to stave off the abyssal cold of truth. Thought is the gravity of the mental, and for this it was said the gods' feet never touched the ground.
>>
I love You because You are Me.
We are made of the same stardust.
We are fragments of the one consciousness.
I know this because if I were God,
I would split myself into many separate bodies
To live countless simultaneous lives
And learn countless lessons from and with one another
This would be a good way of being the universe becoming itself
Which seems to be our one and only duty
>>
I don't have anything to add but this is a great thread <3
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x760px
Nature is the chrysalis of spirit. The timid dreamer preens over the Idea and so makes it brittle, an unreal thing existing nowhere but in the extravagance of his mind, vulnerable to the oxygen of actuality. Life does not move but is movement itself. Those who fear life fear success, failure, the form that will finally greet them when the cocoon is burst. They fear the shape of their souls.
>>
>>18696817
The following user says thank you for your time and consideration and I will be in the future of fashion and lifestyle and the rest is history and culture of fashion and beauty of the day. I have a great day and the rest of your website is flat out said.
>>
>>18699988
Psychedelics bruh
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 265x190px
What is spirit but presence? What is it in man that resists evil? Is it morality? Morality is the codification of a more primal disgust at the orgiastic pleasure the depraved takes in his act. And what is this disgust but our simply being present to evil, observing it, seeing it for what it is? Socrates was right when he said all that man needed to live and breathe the Good was a pure, abiding awareness. All morality is an abstraction; the Buddha's raft, meant to ferry you to a brighter shore, where one does not follow the Good but becomes it.
>>
>>18696817
Correct.

The first question, "does anything exist?" has two answers: yes and no. The universe is the answer and it encompasses both yes and no.
>>
File: large.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
As the earth revolves around a life-giving, central light, so does being revolve around its luminous source. Reality is everywhere the same principle disguised in myriad forms. So is the fetus nurtured in the amnion, as is the earliest life nurtured in the ocean. As sleep is the facsimile of death and pre-birth, so do we re-enact in miniature the primordial liberation of the "I" from the abyss of unconsciousness every morning we rise. We are atomized gods.
>>
>>18704962
Yep, exactly.
>>
>>18704045
>extreme irony
>>
>>18704045
Shh, no breaks, only rape on this bait-train.
>>
>>18696817
Ah, an information dump? Your words are fanciful but true. Most however will never understand, which I believe is fine.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 276x183px
Being depends on void in the same way a person can be so overwhelmed by a day's events all they can do is sleep it off. We are rejuvenated by our temporarily not having-to-be.
>>
hey guy if you wrote this yourself, you're excellent. sounds a bit like austin osman spare.
>>
>>18705402
I live off obscure but dank esoteric writers. Thanks for the rec.
>>
>>18705593

no problem. keep up the good work. post more, if you got more. i'll add it to my collection of all the 4chan posts i've saved to text.
>>
Over-specialization is the muzzle of spirit. The poet is pierced to rapture by the song, the philosopher by the harmony of its construction, the mathematician by the austerity of its player. Each can claim a gilded access to truth, and in the convergence of paths sits God.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Your mind is a room. Your body is the floor and beams, senses the windows, thought the lighting. In the center sits the Self, radiant and serene, awaiting a nameless guest that fills him with an equally nameless yearning. Life is this waiting, the Path nothing but the slow dawning realization that you yourself are the one you're waiting for.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (3KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
3KB, 301x167px
Plotinus said the only authentic action is the one performed without any mind given to its potential image in history. The last thing the truly courageous man is thinking about is if people are noticing how brave he is. It is only after the fact an image of him is erected as heroic, noble. The lust of the image is ego; the grasping at the solidity of self afforded by validation. The pathological craving for worldly success is the craving for the image, the craving to know this unsolicited self you were given out of the darkness has what it takes to receive the nodding approval of the world.
>>
ffs sthu and go enjoy a jelly donut
>>
>>18705680
>>
God is that fool
Who cut out their own eyes
Just so they could weep bitterly
About being blind.
>>
>>18702794
Beautiful
>>
>>18706388
In order that he may better appreciate his sight when it is regained.
>>
File: RzIcYqL.png (165KB, 552x814px) Image search: [Google]
RzIcYqL.png
165KB, 552x814px
>>18706448
>>
Some of us are loose in the universes. We are learning to move neurologically into the nearby physical doubles of self that occupy those universes. This is what some are calling the Mandela effect.

It is my supposition that in drifting through the multiverse I am bringing my consciousness into greater dimensional understanding. Some of us are at this evolutionary cusp. I am learning exponentially right now, and am awaiting a shift into a reality of greater change with observable difference in physical law.
>>
>>18704030
>uh i think he has all the DMT.
>>
What a gay thread
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.