[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No matter what - I believe in Mandela Effect. You won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: hmmm.jpg (31KB, 600x261px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.jpg
31KB, 600x261px
No matter what - I believe in Mandela Effect. You won't convince me that it is otherwise.
>>
>>18691975
Why would you boast about being stupid?
>>
>>18691975
OK, I can accept your beliefs. I guess we should talk about something else then, since you clearly already made up your mind.
>>
>>18692034
yes, maybe about Mandela himself
>>
>>18691975
Of course it's a real effect. An effect of mass misrememberance. The universe most likely hasn't changed.
>>
>>18692186
I clearly remember Francoise Sagan (french writer) died in a car accident in 70s. Yet, she died in her bed in 2004
>>
>>18691975
I believe in the idea of it. Misremembering something IS like the universe changing suddenly.

However, it's inconsequential in day to day life, for the most part. Whether you just misremembered something or it's a sign of your consciousness travelling to another dimension, they are functionally the same thing. It's an interesting hypothesis, but also a moot question because of the subjective nature of consciousness.
>>
>>18692214
>t. solipsisisitsts
>>
Mandela Effect here, AMA.
>>
File: 846.jpg (36KB, 411x381px) Image search: [Google]
846.jpg
36KB, 411x381px
>>18691975
>>
File: 1484165229329.jpg (45KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1484165229329.jpg
45KB, 657x527px
>>18691975

Define exactly what you mean by using the term "Mandela effect".
>>
>>18691975
>I don't care what evidence you show me, my experimentally proven unreliable memory is right!
>>
>>18692356
because /x/ is about evidence
>>
Don't let the shills try to deny it. They are strong in these threads.
>>
Ok you fucking cuckity fucks. So what if mandela effect is real? What the fuck does it mean, what fucking proofs do you have? What the fuck can be posited from the possiblity of past information changing?
>>
>>18692249
Nah, a solipsist is someone who really does believe that their consciousness is alone and the font of all being. The opposite of someone who believes that the material world is all that is.

I just think that it's impossible to really know for sure at the current time due to the nature of consciousness.
>>
>>18692420
The main issue and why it's interesting is that it is impossible to prove or disprove. It's interesting in existential terms.

If true, it suggests that reality is the shape of our conscious awareness. If false, reality is simply physical fact. Because we are subjective experience, it's impossible to prove either of these true or false.
>>
Whenever a "Mandela Effect" thread is made, Descartes rolls over in his grave.
>>
>>18692202
oh
>>
>>18692350
you spelled shitpost wrong, idiot
>>
>>18692356
""""""""""""""""""""""evidence""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>18692420
It means we need to figure out how to traverse universes.
>>
>>18692536
He questioned the nature of reality and his own capacity to assert it.

I think the mandela effect it's a great "if", in the infallibility of the internet as a data backup.
>>
10-4
>>
>>18691975
Explain what sockpuppeting is. If you can do that I'll respect what you have to say about the Mandela effect. I'll even listen to what you have to say about it.
>>
>>18693539
Pretending to be someone you're not online. Wearing an identity that is not your own like a sockpuppet temporarily to pose as that identity.

Different anon, but I do think that the Mandela effect is real as a phenomenon. I think it's basically a lot more people questioning the fundamental nature of reality and the fact that memory isn't concrete and we know nothing for certain but the present moment; nothing new in philosophy, but certainly not known on this wide a scale.

I just redirect people who get amazed by Mandela effect to Alan Watts and go on my way, generally.
>>
To deunk this:

Every single case or "proof" of the Mandela Effect I've seen happen to be cases on logos, titles, and events. However, every single one of the events, logos, titles, etc, are all essentially meaningless.

Our minds work in a way that goes like this: The important is kept up front, the unimportant is pushed to the back, and occasionally new important information is put to the front.

Now, the reason why the "Mandela Effect" occurs is because the mass misremembering was due to that certain topic/event being completely unimportant to those people.

What significance does a COMPANY LOGO have in your life? None.

What significance does THE TITLE OF A TV SHOW have in your life? None.

Nothing like that will ever impact your life. Your brain deems it as unimportant, meaning it is then pushed to the very back of your head with the rest of whatever meaningless things you may have stored in the back.

Believing in the Mandela Effect is to completely rid yourself of common sense. People don't remember things correctly because we have more important things to focus on. We remember the important and forget the unimportant. Even if your life is dull and boring, you will remember what's important more often than you will remember what's unimportant.

It's all a part of psychology. Give me your most solid evidences of the Mandela Effect and I will debunk them. If it's anything short of something that would greatly, meaningfully impact your life, then the answer is already infront of you.

It wasn't important enough to remember.
>>
I feel there are pretty much a solid two kinds of people with ME.

1.) Those who believe it without a shadow of a doubt
2.) Those who give it names and try to make sense as to why so many people "remember things wrong"

I believe in this oddity. And I believe that the people who do not believe will find something they find dear to have changed.

One case I came across was a star was super nerd who does not remember C3POs one leg to be a different color than gold in the early movies. He never missed a single thing about the movies and would go on and on until I got bored. Then he even remembers, like so many (including James Earl Jones himself) about the famous line he spoke... "Luke I am your father" but in 'reality' it's "No, I AM your father"

And what about "mirror mirror on the wall"? I remember touting this line along with the movie when watching as a kid.

More and more instances emerge all the time. I'll even leave one with you, does anyone remember a movie with a Genie staring Sin Bad? It never exsisted, but I bet you know the name of that movie.
>>
>>18694085
Secondly, to say that shifting between parallel worlds only changes one or two very tiny details means that parallel worlds are boring as fuck. One tiny difference could result in a massive change in history, something like that has been established/talked about for a long time now.

Don't be so quick to buy into something just because you think theories on alternate universes or cool, or that you believe you're enlightened; aware of something most would never believe because they're "weak-minded individuals."

-M.G.C
>>
>>18694085
The effect can't be proved or disproved. It's an entirely subjective phenomena. It's meaningless in your day to day life, but the idea itself can be interesting as a first step into exploring some of the uncertainties of consciousness.
>>
>>18691975
Ok here it is, what we know as the Mandela effect ia real and it is a byproduct of very high rank (sotosay) spiritually advanced beings deleting very bug happenings think 9-11 type events from our mass consciousness. These beings are qork in what you would call the angelic relhm, so the creator's folowers basically are aiding humanity by removing major happens we completely snt remeber and as a realut little small things change, your welcome.
>>
I distinctly remember OP being straight...
>>
its called confabulation and its been studied for quiet some time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confabulation
>>
>>18694619

>cobfabulation

That sounds like what happens to an old person when they get around electronics.
>>
>>18691975
Theres nothing to convince you of. You believe reality is one way and there is no way to prove it isn't. Its absolutely a personal experience thing, all you can really rebuttal with is "....good for you?"
>>
>>18694708
You get it, anon.

The thinker thinks, and the prover proves. Together, they create the believer. Or the consciousness. Or the person. Whatever you want to call it.

One thing that a lot of scientifically minded people will never admit is that scientific methods cannot work with the study of subjective consciousness. They'll even go so far as to say it simply does not exist.
>>
>>18692990
You want evidence. Look at the 1:15 mark and you will see a VW logo without the black demarcation line between the V and the W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfUKxVD0PII
>>
>>18694656
That's "confounded, dag nabbit!"

Better call my grandson he's good with these things
>>
>>18691975
Just curious OP;

If you wont change your mind
and the thread will logically just be you trying to convince others,
anecdotal evidence
and mentally ill people confirmation biasing each other into a deeper form of psychosis

Why read or post in the thread?
>>
>>18691975
>No matter what - I believe in Mandela Effect. You won't convince me that it is otherwise.

It wasn't always this way. I remember when you were adamantly opposed to the Mandela Effect, and nothing would ever convince you it was true.
>>
>>18691975
El.
Psy.
Kongroo.
>>
Wtf I remember it being called madella effect? Since when is it mandela?
>>
Anyone else remember the time President Freddie Mercury and Prime Minister Sean Connery defended the world from the invading squid people?
>>
>>18694407
Nah, he's gay as fuck across all of the infinite worldlines.
>>
>>18696528
It's the Vanilla Effect, goddammit.
>>
>>18696552
I thought it was the Berenstein Effect?
>>
QUICK
WHAT IS THE COLOUR OF PUCE IN THIS ALTERNATE?
>>
>>18696566
This is the Trump timeline
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.