[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I think I'm having a berenstain/berenstein mandela

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: darmok.jpg (88KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
darmok.jpg
88KB, 694x530px
Hey /x/, I think I'm having a berenstain/berenstein mandela effect moment.
I was just watching Star Trek : The Next Generation season 5, episode 2 (Darmok) and I remember the episode ending differently from what I just watched. In the version that I remember, I remember the Tamarian captain surviving the encounter with Picard and defeating the beast on the planet, returning to their vessels and being able to speak to eachother due to the translator being updated. But in the episode I just watched, the Tamarian captain dies and Picard returns alone to the Enterprise. Does anyone else remember it the way I do?
>>
>autism
>>
>>18690900
No, that's how the episode ended anon. It was a really somber ending.

Stop sperging out about Mandela effect (or is it affect? oooo spooky!). Go outside and get some fresh air
>>
>>18690913
>>18690931
Note the tactics (((they))) use OP.

Don't fall for it.
>>
>>18690931
>>18690913
>trying to dismiss me (cause muh autism/aspergers meme SO FANNEH)
>>
>>18690945
>act like a retard
>get made of fun of for being retarded

It's a conspirazy!
>>
>>18690955
>mental retardation
>autism
>same thing
come on, if you going to try to discredit me for your memes, try harder
>>
>>18690971
there's nothing to discredit, get over yourself

>omg I msiremembered how chicken nugets are spelled! It's dah Mandela effect!
>>
>watches Star Trek
>believes in Mandela effect
Confirmed for spergtard
>>
>>18690931
>>18690913
>>18690990
>>18690989
>9 posts
>4 unique posters
>I've made 3 of these posts
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>18690945
You're right, it was ridiculous for him to make fun of you for assuming you traveled through dimensions and all that changed was that Star Trek episode.

That's a billion times more likely than you getting two different memories crossed.
>>
>>18690900
>the Tamarian captain dies and Picard returns alone to the Enterprise.
>>
>>18691016
>the mysteries of the universe can be explained with a simple dismissal
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>18691016
Perhaps that is all the OP has noticed so far. Sheesh.
>>
>>18691039
Perhaps OP has severe autism
>>
>>18690900
That's such a dumb episode when you consider how many.references and metaphors we use ourselves. Like all.the time.
>>
>>18690900

Trekkiefag here, seen this episode hundreds of times.

OP is a faggot
>>
>>18690900
>Does anyone else remember it the way I do?

Kiteo, his eyes closed.
The river Temarc in winter.
>>
>>18690900
no because I'm not an idiot with shi9t memory from heavy drug use
>>
>>18691264
>dude straight-edge lmao
really cunt?
>>
>>18690971
This. Bad memory is very common.
>>
>>18691224
William Shatner is unironically a great actor and singer.
>>
Christ, this thread.
It's official, people who hate Mandela threads have become just as cringe inducing as the people who believe this drivel.
Fuck these threads.
>>
>>18690900
This has been my favorite episode for a very, very long time.

The Tamarian captain dies.
It's very sad.
He keeps the knife as keepsake.
>>
>>18690900
Do you have a copy of shazaam starring Sinbad by any chance?
>>
>>18690900
ive watched every episode a few times. He gets killed by the invisable monster and Picard takes his dagger with him back to the Enterprise. It has been that way every time ive seen it...Picard tries to give the dagger to the aliens when he talks to them on the bridge, but I think the aliens tell Picard to keep it.
>with his arms wide

good episode though.
>>
You're confusing it with that Enterprise episode where one of the crew is stranded on a planet with an alien and a broken translator. What you're suggesting wouldn't work in the context of the TNG episode because the universal translator is working correctly throughout. The alien langauge is merely structured so differently to any other language on file that it's untranslatable.
>>
>>18691033
There's no mystery here.

He misremembered. Same thing as the Berenstein Bears example. It's commonly pronounced slightly different then it is spelled, because it is a book for children, who may have a harder time saying "bur-ren-steen" than "burn-stein". Which leads to confusion in whether it's an "a" or an "e" at the end and how exactly to pronounce it.

It's a simple dismissal because it's unbelievably delusional to insist that it's more likely that the universe changed itself around these minor details then it is that you were just wrong.

Eyewitnesses to murders can give incorrect details, but OP misremembering the end of Star Trek is somehow less believable than shifting dimensions.
>>
Chakha, when the pants fell
>>
>>18690931
I really liked the episode where he lives a whole lifetime through some alien probe, that was somber as fuck how he was playing the flute at the end.
>>
>>18690900
The mandela effect is blowing up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93OoV97IyuM

Deal with it faggots, doesn't matter that you're scared shitless, this shit is real!
>>
OP is a faggot who cant tell tamarians apart
>>
>>18690900

I watched this a couple weeks ago and was suprised when he did not live through.

I thought to myself, huh, thought he lived.

Just a factoid for OP.
>>
>>18690913
Wait, didn't that used to be spelled 'autsim'? Oh shit boys, I'm getting spooked.
>>
>>18693560
That episode actually made me cry, seriously.
>>
>>18690900
I was rewatching the series and it came on, and I was like "Captain, and Captain goes to planet and comes back bruised and bleeding but as friends". Show gets to the end, he dies........WTF.......Yeah I had the same experience.
>>
>>18690900
I remember watching this episode when it first aired. The captain died for sure.
>>
>>18690900
nope, thats how it always ended. it's 3 am, get some sleep
>>
>>18694473
...that even sounds like shit writing.

If you're going to make something up, try a bit harder.
>>
How I remember it:

Picard and crew show up to this planet to find a ship orbiting it. Picard tries to communicate, the aliens are unintelligible though they are in a very advanced craft.

Picard is teleported to the planet. 1st Officer gets pissy and threatens fighting, goes to Code Yellow, shields up, etc.

Picard and alien are in some bickering over a lack of translation, start doing some stupid repetitive hogwash.

1st Mate fires a warning shot, aliens do not return Picard. He fires a real shot, barely damages the alien ship.

Monster appears out of the woods, attacks Picard and the alien dude. They tussle. Language becomes more clear.

1st Mate still shooting torpedoes. Alien ship taking severe damage.

Alien dude passes away, but gave Picard a laser knife. Picard kills the monster.

Picard is returned to the Enterprise and does some babble about how the walls fell and shit.

Sombering moment of aliens nodding. Enterprise flies away.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_(Star_Trek:_Enterprise)
>>
>>18693560
Seeing how you like this episode (i do as well) watch the adventure time episode titled Puhoy. and listen for a familiar voice from TNG
>>
>>18693560
Hmmm...in my timeline I remember a harmonica.
>>
>>18690900
How dare you drag Star Trek into the Mandela sphere. Fuck off with that shit! Trek is the same in each Timeline.
>>
>>18695306
In my timeline Spock had a beard.
>>
beam me up scotty
>>
File: 1464336066115.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1464336066115.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
Was this always "you'll be together"?

I could have sworn this was "we'll be together".

In the movie Inception Leo talks his wife into killing herself with him to escape limbo.

Even the wiki has "we'll be together":

Cobb: "You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?"
Mal: "Because we'll be together!"
>http://inception.wikia.com/wiki/Waiting_For_A_Train

That being said if you skip to around 2:04 in the movie you can pretty clearly hear her say "because you'll be together". This is also what the official subtitles say, pic related.

Am I confused? Was it always "because you'll be together"?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.