[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are stones, herbs and minerals actually useful? Or is it all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: herbs-fb.jpg (142KB, 700x694px) Image search: [Google]
herbs-fb.jpg
142KB, 700x694px
Are stones, herbs and minerals actually useful? Or is it all just new age hippy hogwash?
>>
>>18688872
bump
>>
Depends what you mean by useful, obviously herbs and minerals are useful for their health effects. You could also argue certain natural substances are very useful for their spiritual influence / abilities. Specifically if you are speaking shamanistic. Most all of the commonly consumed herbs for food, aren't useful for anything other than their vitamins as far as I know.
>>
Your pic is newagebs.
Look into chinese medicine.
>>
>>18688872
>Stones
Absolutely not. Total hogwash.
>Herbs
Many herbs have provable benefits especially when brewed into a tea or made into ointment
>>
There is also the psychological / placebo effect, whereby if you truly believe something like in the image you posted that say Coriander lifts moods and combats stress. Many people would in fact experience those effects too some degree if they were expecting them.
>>
I really think there is more to plants then we know. I use CBD oil from https://www.medicinalewietolie.com/ to sleep better and that stuff really works. Its from the Male cannabis plant.
>>
>>18688872
heard that burning sulfur can actually help in mold abatement.
>>
How can people even doubt that plants and minerals produce changes in the human body when consumed?
>>
They help focus energy but aren't required.
>>
>>18689115
>Look into chinese medicine.
could you elaborate? Not op but I'm intrigued
>>
>>18688872
Sage...clears board of negative energy
>>
>>18688872
actually, what do you do with the herbs for the effect to kick in?
do you burn it or make a tea with it, do i shove it up my ass?
>>
Coriander is bullshit

as far as I have known, it is the most vile of plants and tastes like the smell of rotten egg mixed in vomit
>>
File: Herb Lore.jpg (340KB, 800x2569px) Image search: [Google]
Herb Lore.jpg
340KB, 800x2569px
>>
>>18689496
I like using dried coriander together with chicken when I fry it on the pan, gives it some umami desu senpai.
>>
>>18689545
>Star Jasmine
>Poison: ibogaine
>IBOGAINE
>POISON
NIGGA
Not that I've tried it but I've heard it's supposed to be an insightful entheogen.
>>
>>18689569
Shit makes live in a horror movie. How is that insightful?
>>
>>18689580
Dunno, I've read some Rick Straussman(tm)
It's used by Africans so I could imagine it would be DEGENERATE(tm).
But he put it as if you could go into the trip with a question and by the end of it that question would've been answered. Something along those lines.
>>
>>18689545
that is not a picture of fox glove fyi, its a fern. dont know how they messed that one up.
>>
I studied phytotherapy. Pretty much something always has existed, just more rarely in modern decadent society.
Look it up
>>
File: The-Chemistry-of-Foxgloves.png (115KB, 1323x935px) Image search: [Google]
The-Chemistry-of-Foxgloves.png
115KB, 1323x935px
>>18689545
How did they confuse Yarrow with Foxglove? Stop posting poorly made newager 'infographics' that you didn't even bother to fact check.

>>18689337
They shouldn't... The problem is that science has already analyzed the chemical composition of herbs and spices and studies have been done regarding which ones are effective. New Agers on the other hand want to pretend they can make people love them with coriander or some bullshit.

Whether or not some plants have metaphysical properties is undetermined. You can see what has real history and try it to see if it is effective, but plants having a physical effect on people is mundane, not magical.
>>
>>18688872
Stones, no.
Herbs, yes.
Minerals, like magnesium? then yeah.

They may not work on me most of the time since I eat garbage, don't sleep well, don't exercise, do around 400mg of caffeine every single fucking day, drink liquid sugar and don't hydrate properly.

I mean shit, it's not magic.
>>
>>18691710
Atleast you are aware. A lot of people aren't.
>>
>>18688872
>Are stones, herbs and minerals actually useful?
I must assume you meant beyond building materials, medicine, and technological uses, right? If I don't assume that, then your question is pretty stupid.
>>
>>18689580
It's a cure for addiction. You just don't know it yet.
>>
Herbs and minerals are useless, never consume them again
>>
>>18692874
Yeah, heard that too.
But aren't most psychedelics?
>inb4 ibogaine isn't a psychedelic
Well shit senpai, haven't ever had that stuff in my hands.
>>
>>18689545
This is a pretty bad infograph
>>
>>18692942
shill roleplaying? this board -_-
>>
I spend a lot of time learning about herbs and their uses, there are plenty of very useful herbs that have been studied and shown to cure many different illnesses. Herbs tend to be high in nutrient for their small size, so using them regularly will make you much healthier. Is this magic? I guess not, but I do believe the level of knowledge native cultures have about plants and their uses could borderline on magical to a scientific community who hasnt fully studied them.
>>
>>18688872
We have a symbiotic relationship with vegetables; or choose to deny. I think salt, pepper and all other spices have nothing that we could not grow and consume with far less effort. I could cultivate, harvest, cook and eat vegetable stew all day long and thrive. I would die if I relied on herbs alone.
They were originally treats for the psychotic leaders, cause they believed they were special.
Of course, they died early because all they wanted was "special" food; much as it is today with soda, dying--painfully--from DIE-abetes and yet they can't control themselves.
>>
>>18689115
>Look into chinese medicine.
>Having trouble getting your dick up? Here eat this powdered, its made from the horn from the soon to be extinct rhinoceros, so you know it has to be good.
>Having trouble sleeping? Eat this dried bengal tiger penis, its almost extinct to so it has to be good.

Fuck Chinese medicine,
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.