[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of alchemy and magic is real? I just find it so amazingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Ripley-Scroll-Yale-det-1.jpg (238KB, 690x709px) Image search: [Google]
Ripley-Scroll-Yale-det-1.jpg
238KB, 690x709px
How much of alchemy and magic is real? I just find it so amazingly fascinating and trying to read as much literature on it as I can. Any /x/philes play around with this bullshit?
>>
File: 2deep4me.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4me.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
i dont think your ready for this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cto1DXXHAc
>>
File: 1483568655367.jpg (160KB, 980x793px) Image search: [Google]
1483568655367.jpg
160KB, 980x793px
>>18687700
oh fuck I heard about this guy, shit is something all right.
>>
>>18687807
Im 99% sure that is fake, I watched the entire series so far, it appears to be either clay or some sort of monitor
>>
>>18687700
garbage video
>>
So what do you actually need to make a philosophers stone?
>>
>>18687700
The emerging field of biological engineering research utilizes our own cells as potential building blocks for machine-like capabilities, said researchers from the University of Illinois and the Georgia Institute of Technology. These future biological machines may be “hyper organs” that are more efficient than our own organs, or insulin-releasing implants made entirely of cells, they said at the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS) conference in Boston.

Why build with cells?

Rashid Bashir and Taher Saif, a bioengineer and mechanical engineer at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, have been experimenting with “self-emerging” structures formed from stem cells. The cells are placed in a petri dish and genetically programmed to form natural structures.

“In biology, we talk a lot about structure and function,” said Bashir. “We want to get to a point where the cell cluster knows how to form a shape.” Instead of making cells adhere to a fabricated structure, Bashir and Saif hope to train the cells to form a structure and carry out certain functions on their own.
>>
File: yukru6k.png (44KB, 320x511px) Image search: [Google]
yukru6k.png
44KB, 320x511px
>>18687878
isn't that basically the study of stem cells?
>>
>>18687651
keep reading. it's real, maybe not in the way you think it is though.

alchemy is a key to a greater mystery.

don't look at it too literally is my only advice.
>>
>>18687700

Why are people in the comment section so triggered?
>>
File: homecoming_186.jpg (79KB, 705x530px) Image search: [Google]
homecoming_186.jpg
79KB, 705x530px
>>18687878
>Dr. Bashir
>Bio-engineer
>>
>>18687870
>The scientific process of synthesizing
I know the Philosophers Stone is basically meant to be
>Spawning something out of thin air, which is quite impossible, some scientific process through molecular/cellular or whatever energy needs to happen, that's the law of this 'reality'.
The Philosophers' Stone is something along the lines of The Holy Grail, some piece of information that allows you to do extraordinary feats, heck, it could be seen as Nicola Tesla having it, back in the day, when they thought all electricity was magic, and him having this vast knowledge above everyone else.
Think about that in alchemical terms, or if you've read 'The Kybalion' in the terms of the 7 principles, they all state something along the lines of
>The Master could do this with ease and use it for things unimaginable
So what you would need is, the imagination to spark the facts into creation, and the facts that spark your imagination into creation.
Something like that.
>>
>>18687878
Imagine a world where quantum computing and an artificially created brain are combined.
We'd see the day of actual Virtual Reality, and someone could imagine that this has already been done to create our universe, holographic/simulated universe theory.
Also goes hand in hand with the saying of 'The Kybalion', that ALL is mind, which means we're inside a 'dream' of something/someone.
>>
You've either seen the light and get alchemy, or still think the moon produces light. Once you get it or any other of the paths to ultimate knowledge you get it. Until then it looks like a bunch of Santa Claus scenerios. It cannot be explained with words as they are too clumsy.
>>
>>18688402
Wrong. Don't read faux Hermeticism, kids.
>>
>>18688729
>Stating philosophical questions which can be interpreted in any way possible
>Still gets shilled
WEW BOARD
E
W
B O A R D
>>
Basically you will something, then all the crazy coincidences occur to make that something happen. No fireball pewpew qq
>>
It's basically a pretty weird form of psychology, much like most occultism.
>>
>>18689328
Psychology, making people dumber once more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXpKOxzwyds
>>
>>18688769
He was probably referring to The Kybalion, rather than to your comment as a whole.
>>
>>18690255
I just hate people who can't get over the fact that the Kybalion is still a pretty neat piece of litterature, just because it doesn't ring true with their knowledge of hermeticism.
It's like watching a catholic and an orthodox fight, as an outside source that isn't christian, that person would probably think, why are they fighting, aren't they both christian?
In this example I would just use the term 'Alcehmists' instead of christians, why would he be bashing a piece of litterature written pretty articulate around some alchemical principles, when he himself is in the search of alchemical principles, just because they used some names that he doesn't agree with.
Like honestly if you can't get over such a small thing, and treat the Kybalion like it's heresy against hermeticism, which is basically the whole religious wars over again, when you think about the broader perspective.
TL;DR: Fuck off, accept polytheism or fall behind like the rest of the religious bigots, foolish swine!
>>
>>18690283
In my opinion, it's not so much that nobody should read as it is that one should not take it as a Hermetic field manual.
That being said, I accept neither polytheism nor monotheism. And I HOPE you were being ironic, as your last sentence is, in itself, a bigoted statement.
>>
>>18690319
I have no idea what polytheism is xd xd
Don't bother looking up the words the shills use.
I thought polytheism was kind of like, I can believe what I want to believe from every religion.
I have some magick knowledge, because I'm super special, but really haven't read that much on the topic, only been a seeker for a year.
Only recently been understanding all these terms and different theological views, like chaos magick, gnosis and whatever. Still have a long road ahead of me.
>>
>>18690319
Also I agree, I think most people are just triggered over the fact, that as you say it
>one should not take it as a Hermetic field manual.
As in people might claim they know everything about hermeticism through reading it, I wouldn't know as I haven't read too much on any subject, I've only read the 'basic books' from /fringe/ on this topic.
But I have some 'friends' in another world helping me out. :^)
>>
>>18690395
I thought you were going to be away for a few days
>>
>>18690447
Yeah, that starts tomorrow. And it's more like atleast a month, maybe two.
I will chime in here and there, but not the likes of what I've been doing the last week.
>>
>>18690463
where you headed?
>>
>>18687700
>BLYAT!!!
>Smash*
>>
>>18687700

Clay with magnets inside. Magnets are placed under the surface of whatever the 'homunculus' is above to simulate movement.
>>
>>18690471
On a little, ahem, "vacation".
>>
File: EarthMoonEgg2.jpg (20KB, 301x237px) Image search: [Google]
EarthMoonEgg2.jpg
20KB, 301x237px
Solve et Coagula.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.