[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone scry using an Agate? Joseph smith's seer stone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1488081308424.jpg (30KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488081308424.jpg
30KB, 224x225px
Can someone scry using an Agate? Joseph smith's seer stone was not exactly translucent.
>>
Joseph Smith was a demonic entity, nor a prophet of God. Everything he wrote is nothing but anti-Christian blasphemy.
>>
File: dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg (42KB, 968x620px) Image search: [Google]
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.jpg
42KB, 968x620px
The LDS Church provided photo of the "seer stone," a dark, egg-size polished rock founder Joseph Smith claimed to have used to produce the faith's sacred scripture.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2802019-155/mormon-church-to-release-more-documents
>>
previous thread on the seer stone, additional links in thread:

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/16812087/#16812087
>>
>>18687012
Now this is a good thread. I want to discuss how much I like this thread.

Here we have a user, who -- and we must assume it is an earnest post or else it isn't funny -- wants to try to see beyond or gain knowledge from a fucking rock. Now that's par for the course from this board and places like this, thinking that you can get massive power from everyday objects or really stupid things that don't require work; e.g. how did Kepler scry? He had a telescope.

But the best part is who the OP post references. OP asks if it will work because the founder of a fake religion, who, when questioned about his sources, always said no no no you can't look but I swear I copied it from an ancient tablet and Jesus was totally in America!!!

Hoaxes upon hoaxes upon hoaxes, and people are dumb enough to believe this shit. This board should be gassed. It's like asking if you should construct a small replica of 143 Maybury Road so you can see the aliens that H.G. Wells saw. Christ in a handbasket.
>>
>>18689543
>It's like asking if you should construct a small replica of 143 Maybury Road so you can see the aliens that H.G. Wells saw. Christ in a handbasket.
Now that's actually funny. I too agree that mormonism is hogwash, as are all religions, by the very same logic one uses to deduce that LDS are frauds.
>>
There are still some halfwits that believe the shit Joseph Smith said?
>>
>>18689543
dude just be open minded lmao
>>
Still nobody answered my questions. Please answer my question.
>>
>>18687012
the way scrying was done in the 19th century America was not by looking "through" the stone but by putting it into a stovepipe hat or something similar and putting your face in to block the light
the divination was then done by interpreting the reflections coming off the stone.

so yea it doesn't matter if the stone is opaque or not
>>
>>18687012
>Joseph smith's seer stone was not exactly translucent.
Yeah, but it wasn't died fucking neon purple either.
>>
File: J72c1pJ.jpg (58KB, 580x644px) Image search: [Google]
J72c1pJ.jpg
58KB, 580x644px
>>18687012
>Joseph smith
Fuck out of here with this baloney.
>>
>>18689529
I have a few little polished pebbles of this type of stone. It's sedimentary in nature and very light weight. I can't remember what it's called and it's not a popular stone so it's hard to search.
>>
>>18689543
You mean like every other religion?

I'm just here because it's bugging the hell out of me that I can't remember the name of the stone 18689529 posted.
>>
>>18692216
> it's bugging the hell out of me that I can't remember the name of the stone
This site suggests it is sandstone.
http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/08/smiths-seer-stone-revealed/

A quick scan of google images reveals sandstone comes in a wide variety of colors and number of stripes. I had to really search to find this image that looked most like the pic in >>18689529 , most images of sandstone were more muted and stripes far less pronounced, so not sure if sandstone is correct or not.
>>
>>18692587
That is similar, but the stone had a special name. Saying they're 'just sandstone' is like saying Prasiolite is 'just quartz'. It's just too vague. Thank you for trying to help, though.
>>
>>18687012
Its really only a focus point your after , i find water in a silver bowl very difficult to use and mirrors dangerous , been using a polished chunk of apaches tear now a long time, ive never considered using say lapis or tigers eye but sure why not
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.