[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

I'm trying to lucid dream. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but last night I was doing the mnemonic induction, and I think I was getting close, but as soon as my limbs started to feel heavy, I woke myself up.
I wasn't actually dreaming yet, so it's not that I succeeded and got excited. I think I got scared. So what's wrong with me? What is there to be afraid of?
I want to do this so badly but I'm afraid that if I go further I'll throw up or something. On the surface, I'm not afraid of sleep paralysis, either. maybe I am subconsciously, though.

The worst part is that I feel like this isn't just something I WANT to do, I feel like I NEED to do it.
>>
and if this topic doesn't belong here, I'd like to know where to post this thread. as far as I could tell though, this was the best place.
>>
>>18683864
I think it's just that you're getting used to the experience, so of course the first time you make progress you will get excited and a little frightened.

Just keep trying and you'll get used to it
>>
>>18683926
I hope it's that. I'm going to try again tonight.

have you done it before? and if you did, did you feel like it was necessary? I really do feel like this is something I need to do to enjoy life to the fullest, or something. I can't quite describe the feeling.
>>
>>18683864
Have you tried putting on a sleep mask or having some music to listen to while you sleep?
>>
Lucid dreaming is so fucking hard to pull off, if you feel like you REALLY want to try pulling some awesome mind shit off try the psychonauts field manual, astral projecting, gnosis and the likes, also has a little 'sidequest' for lucid dreaming, for the lucky ones that can or try super hard.
http://bluefluke.deviantart.com/art/The-Psychonaut-Field-Manual-FOURTH-PDF-EDITION-530005584
>>
>>18683864
It's something I didn't ask to experience and I cannot control after years of having it
>>
>>18684147
>cannot control
I thought that control is what makes a dream lucid. If you have no control, isn't it just a normal dream?
>>
Just record your dreams every morning and start trying to catch yourself day dreaming or on auto pilot during the day. Combination of the two will trick your brain into waking you up in a dream. Its pretty simple.
>>
>>18684106
I haven't tried a mask, but I put on rain sounds as white noise.

>>18684130
I'm not interested in magic. I'd rather "discover myself" with logic in the waking world, and with phenomena that are scientifically sound. I'd rather not live out a Lovecraft story.

>>18684147
Is it something you would rather not have? or do you consider yourself lucky to have them naturally?

>>18684298
I've done it a few times. I've kept a journal for the past two days so far. what do you mean "catch yourself day dreaming". as far as I can tell that's not something I do.
>>
>>18684360
Dude it's not magic nigga, it's all 'mind tricks'.
Like learning how to go on journeys through meditative means and stuff like that, that's why I recommended it to you.
Has nothing to do with spirituality or religion.
It's literally THE guide for doing 'mind work' like lucid dreaming, like training lucidity and shit. But whatever, atleast I tried.
>>
>>18684426
I'm really not trying to be rude, but the book you linked literally calls it magic. Plus it says I could do damage to my nervous system, develop permanent hallucinations, etc.

I've had serious anxiety where I felt like nothing was real, for about a solid week, and I never want to go back to that. one of the worst weeks of my life. I don't want my whole life to be like that.
>>
>>18684426

2 days isn't long enough. Record your dreams every day for 2 weeks. You should be recording more and more about your dreams every night.

By catching yourself daydreaming, you're teaching your subconscious to wake you up out of dreams. Its practice of being aware.
>>
>>18684255
Taking into account that they are pretty real, I'd say they are.
>>18684360
I'd say yes, It started when I was like 15.
>>
>>18684727
>>18684360
By yes I mean i feel lucky for having it, but I always get diaturbed by the dreams
>>
>>18684727
What? You didn't answer my question. Isn't lucid dreaming like dreaming with control over the dream? If you can't control your lucid dream, isn't it just an ordinary dream?
>>
>>18684575
i know, I only started recently, and I've done it before, but I always fall out of the habit.

>>18684762
they disturb you? how?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-25-17-33-04.png (113KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25-17-33-04.png
113KB, 480x800px
>>18684784
I confess that I can control myself in that dream, like to walk and to get up from my bed, I'm aware that I dream but sometimes is so real that i can barely distinguish the dream from reality.
>>
>>18684825
The experiences I've lived while dreaming. For instance, I dreamed that i was in an accident and i couldn't do anything to avoid it.
>>
My body goes through the process where I'm switching from being aware that I'm awake, to blacking out for a few minutes, and then realizing I'm in a dream. For me, the first thing I realize is that my body feels heavy, starting from my fee/ hands I begin to get numb. I start to feel very floaty and light, and my head/ chest are the the only places I still have sensation. At this point, I start to feel like I'm having a headache. At first I see black. Then, for some reason, even though my eyes are closed, I can see the room around me like I would if my eyes were open.

After this the headache thing starts to get really bad. I see colors move around. If I roll over on my side or just tune out at this point, it stops and I end up having a normal night of sleep. But if I tolerate that feeling of pressure, the colors fade out to black and I can sense myself going unconscious.
I will "wake up" what feels like a few minutes later (who the hell knows how long it actually is, can't really measure it.) I'm not good enough at lucid dreaming to control the surroundings, like making a building fall. But I am able to have thoughts and control my movements. Like if somebody asks me a question, it's not like a regular dream where I immediately have the answer. I have to think out my responses, choose where I want to walk, etc. I think a big element of lucid dreaming that doesn't get discussed, at least in my case, is seeing things from a first person perspective. In my lucid dreams, it feels like I'm in second me's body, seeing through their eyes. In regular dreams, I see myself from an outsider's perspective. I don't really see that person as being me. I view them more as a really good imitation of my appearance/ mannerisms that I sympathize with.
>>
>>18684908
You still aren't answering my question.
/x/ is just a congregation of autistic NEETs.
Waste of time. Nothing of any value is every discussed here
>>
>>18683864
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=Voc6B5NwcIs

You need to use head phones
>>
Speaking of lucid dreaming, has anyone here tried the Remee mask?
>>
>>18684941
that's a shame. you've never had a pleasant one?

>>18684950
thanks for that. interesting perspective. I get the numbness and moving colors, but I wasn't really getting a headache.

as for skill, I'd like to get skilled enough at it to talk to dream figures. particularly characters of my own creation.

that does make me feel better though, to know that I won't just instantly be lucid dreaming, and that there's a period of unconsciousness. can anyone say whether this is normal?

>>18685173
what's the purpose of this? how is it different from white noise/rain sounds?

>>18685179
what is that?
>>
File: B.I.H..jpg (8KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
B.I.H..jpg
8KB, 240x320px
So can anyone tell me what it means to die in one's dream but not wake up? most of what I have found out simply means I have come to terms with my own death. But then why do so many people believe you will die in the waking world if you die in your dreams? Surely there has to be other people like me that do not wake up before they die in there dreams. I can elaborate more if anyone would like, but the only other person I have met that died in their dreams seems to be heavily influenced by video games, with no pain, he just respawned and carried on after a countdown.

Pic not related.
>>
I have had the same nightmare ever since I was a small child, every now and then I'll have it and I know that I'm dreaming but I'm so Fucking petrified I breathe as fast as I can so I wake up, then kick myself for not just taking control of the dream. Every fucking time!
>>
>>18685214
a short cut to lucid dreaming and remembering dreams. at least that's what a quick google told me
>>
>>18685214
It's this sleep mask with programmable LEDs that are supposed to flash when you're in REM sleep or a dream to make you enter a lucid state
>>
File: 1471911019151.jpg (60KB, 373x348px) Image search: [Google]
1471911019151.jpg
60KB, 373x348px
>>18685259
Well I think what really matters in the practical context of your life is your perception and reaction of what you call death

Isn't it strange that you faced your death, lost your life, and simply proceed on that way?

You never even once stopped to consider that it may have just been a dream?

pic related
>>
>>18685305
I am not aware it is a dream until after I wake up. Nor is it ever the same. sometimes I lay there trapped in my body unable to move. other times I am no longer able to interact with the dreams like a ghost. while other times I carry on like nothing ever happened. but the pain is always there. Lately tho my dreams have not been of death but mutilation. Like me and my subconscious are at odds
>>
>>18685305
Hmm, not sure if you are trying to be insulting, jelly, or fancy yourself a 'high level' lucid dreamer
>>
>>18683864
It's a normal reaction to unfamiliar sensations. Don't over-analyze shit like this and just keep practicing.
Also, don't get caught up in shit like "isn't just something I WANT to do, feel like I NEED to do it". Statements like these belong to religious fanatics. This is just as much useless ballast as fear is. Keep it simple, stupid.
>>
>>18686336
Thanks for the advice. How's it a ballast, though? It doesn't seem to be a contributing factor to my lack of ability to lucid dream.

That said, I'm going to take the advice. I have control over my emotions enough to shed that idea. I just don't think it's a crutch.
>>
So I found this to be helpful when I wanted to LD. First off my fiancée is pregnant and she does it without meaning to. How tho?

Wake up a shit ton of times through the night. So basically set alarms to go off strategicly through the night. But at random times every night.

Yw.
>>
File: IMG_4337.jpg (79KB, 883x659px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4337.jpg
79KB, 883x659px
>>18683864
I'm trying to lucid dream as well and I'm experiencing the same issues you are. I found that listening to guided meditations/voices in general can help take your mind off the numb/heavy sensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYduGpYREOM

This is the video I listen to

Don't give up OP!

>>18685173
This sounds pleasant, I'll try it as well
>>
>>18683864
>On the surface, I'm not afraid of sleep paralysis, either. maybe I am subconsciously, though.
You can't control the fear you get from this even if you know its just an illusion.
>>
>>18684458
Well, that's what lucid dreaming is, once you get the hang of it you won't know what's real, the dream world or the real world, just saying.
Lucid means being 'awake', so you should be as 'awake' or more 'awake' in your dreams than you are in reality.
Bluefluke's guide is kind of 'bulletproof' because it's all about starting slow and not just tearing yourself a new one because you have no idea what you're doing.
The path to your inner conscious should be a slow dance, and that book teaches you the slow dance. In his eyes even lucid dreaming would be coined magick, and CAN really fuck you over/end you up in complete derealization/psychosis.
TL;DR: If you're not lucid in reality, you won't be able to be lucid in dreams. Also 'forcing' yourself into a dream state, which is what you're trying to do, is what blueflukes guide is all about, which is NOT lucid dreaming (that's waking up in a dream you're already in), it's called gnosis. Just trying to make you realize, that that is what you're doing.
>>18685146
>By retards for retards
Smart peeps are browsing this board aswell, mostly just ignoring people/threads like you, because shill and whatnot.
>>
as a natural, i really hope a lot of you realize what you are getting yourselves into. its not just fun and games and fucks, its some real rabbit hole/tip of the iceberg type shit that i wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

i see at least one person in this thread who knows and from the looks of it, he sounds just as fucked as i am. really should make you think..
>>
>>18688774
>Have vivid dream again after I retardedly 'opened' my 'third eye'
>Literally thinking, this is real life
>Literally being tortured by a Demon
>Cast as many pentacles as I can
>Finally wake up
>Ah, I'm in my bed what a nightmare
>Demon starts torturing me again
>Pentacle rinse and repeat
>Finally ACTUALLY wake up
>Go outside and get a smoke and contemplate whether you're *actually* fucking awake or if you're still inside the rabbithole

No, totally guys lucid dreaming is so much fun.
Actually I like those 'high-stress' nightmares as they teach me how to be calm in panic situations, but I might also just be a sick person.
>>
>>18688857
>Literally thinking, this is real life
I meant
>Literally thinking I just woke up in real life
>>
>>18684784
Lucidity in my opinion simply means you are aware you are dreaming. There was a point where I became very good at this but never did I reach a state where I had total control of every aspect within the dream. I could do fun things like fly and shoot sparks from my hands but there were also many times where I would try this and fail. I think it's important to also realise that it's not as simple as being aware or not aware, it's more of a spectrum. You will probably find yourself aware that you are dreaming, try to do something cool and then show it off to your friends fully convinced it is actually them despite knowing you are in a dream. It's funny how complicated lucidity can be but at the same time it makes sense.
>>
I don't know if this fit with one of the lucid dreaming techniques but there was one night about six months ago when I was extremely tired to the point that I knew I would fall asleep within a few seconds of closing my eyes. I was reading something on my phone about lucid dreaming and when I closed my eyes I thought to myself, "I'm going to lucid dream" over and over for the minute or so it took me to fall asleep. When I started to dream I was lucid in an extremely bright colorful dream world but I could still hear my own voice repeating "This is a dream, you're lucid dreaming" over and over like it was playing from some Hanoi Hannah loud speakers. I was able to have two lucid dreams that night but haven't had any since.
>>
>>18688774
Care to go into detail? I was never under the impression that it would be purely enjoyable, but if i'm going to be permanently institutionalized, then I might pass.

>>18688857
so if all of this is so terrible, why do it? it really seems to me like you're trying to talk me out of it.
>>
>>18690432
Expanding your consciousness isn't all fun and games.
Eventho many people go through the eye opening experience entheogens/drugs are without having bad trips, some do have them, and some if not most bad trips are a learning experience.
I would never talk anyone out of expanding their consciousness, we're just saying, take it from people who KNOW, not people who pretend to know, I gave you a guide on how to take the slow and secure way, which the Psychonauts Field Manual will help you with, but just imagine for a second, if demonic entities exist, or if your subconsciousness isn't all willy nilly and flower petals, what could happen if you're lucid in a nightmare and you have no idea how to wake yourself up, welcome to fucking hell buddy.
>>
>>18690457
fair enough. My biggest principle, though, has always been facing these things head-on. I'm of the opinion that any literal demons I see are manifestations of my own mind, and therefore mine to control.

It might be tough or scary, but lots of things are.

As long as I believe this, is the danger of losing touch with reality lessened? Even the manual endorses the power of belief.
>>
>>18690522
You can't see what isn't there, believing that demons are only local is the best approach.
Still you need to know how to 'slay' these demons, and only you can know that.
The point is, you have to get to know yourself before you shrek yourself
>Check yourself before you sh(rek) yourself
>Meme magick hehe xd
No one can tell you how to do this, and 'facing them head on' would be like dropping 10 tabs of acid, whether it's your first time on acid, or your 12039th time on acid, it's gonna be a real world.
I'm using the drug analogy because, you can always start small and slowly dose higher, but never think one trip will be like the other.
That's why it's easier to start with 'gnosis' as they state in the manual and work your way up there, and then building your 'belief' of your own subconscious that way, whether you believe in 'banishing sigils' or not, in some way shape or form, you WILL be needing 'banishing sigils' as a get out of jail free card, if you know what I mean.
You can't just jump in some random pool presuming that you'll reach the bottom and then making your way up again with your limited amount of breath, without knowing how deep the pool is.
The analogy is you'll jump in the pool, and no matter what you have to get to the bottom before you go up again, so atleast bring some diving equipment, like an oxygen tank or fucking swimming fins.
This is the kind of logic that works within 'the dream world'.
And is also a clever analogy.
Basically everything is symbolism in some way, shape or form in the inner workings of your consciousness, and if you aren't 'lucid' enough, you'll be eaten alive.
Obviously most 'lucid dreamers' don't tell you this, BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT FUCKING LUCID DREAMERS. 90% Are fucking roleplayers just pretending, but always assume 100% are.
Honestly, analogies is the easiest way for me to explain this crap.
>>
>>18683864
One of the easiest ways is to make strong tea of mugwort or wormwood (both herbs, available where organic 'stuff' is sold), with a bit of chamomile (not necessary but it helps me) to aid in your technique. Then eventually, you won't need the tea anymore.
>>
>>18686444
Especially if you are up for a while doing something. Set a clock in the middle of the night. This is called wbtb, Wake back to bed .
>>
I'll give you my experience with lucid dreams. I'm shabby at them, but am working very very hard to maintain clarity within them and solidifying my entrance. Simply put, once I get into a lucid state, I still find it very hard to maintain because my heart rate accelerates and I can't relax. However, I have realized something very exiting about my dreams, which is whenever I am about to enter the lucid state, I will hear loud, pulsing static sounds and I have to hold on and let the sounds pass and then I'm in! It's very odd but so exhilarating when I hear those sounds. Would be very interested to understand why this happens. OP KEEP GOING! Record your dreams vigorously, stay self aware, check your reality constantly. You WILL get there.
>>
>>18690593
There is a lot of symbology involved in everything that gets viewed, yeah.
>>
I realize I am dreaming and consciously attempt to control things. One time when I tried to dream fuck some dream whore, she didn't let me.
Sometimes when I'm tired enough, I can let myself drift into sleep paralysis. I feel like the my body is shaking and I call out to my girlfriend next to me only to feel like I fall into my body (not Astral projection, it just feels like a small fall). Sometimes the world looks grainy and red, sometimes I see darkness creeping in from all corners of my vision. This is always accompanied by what sounds like low chatter of voices. The first time this occurred was in the army. My dream slowly formed into the contents of my room. I heard the chatter of voices outside my room and I was going to tell my neighbor to keep the volume down only to find I couldn't move. The voices got louder and a deeper darkness crept in and it just went away in an instant and I was freaked. I remember the second time it happened. I was getting ready to sleep and my girlfriend walked in the room and started brushing her hair only she looked lighter in color. I realized I was having sleep paralysis and it all stopped. She then came into the room and began brushing her hair in the same way in the same spot. Weird. Now, I have sleep paralysis multiple times a month.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.