[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ thoughts on the Virgin of Guadalupe? The idea of the Virgin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: Virgen_de_guadalupe1.jpg (278KB, 788x1226px) Image search: [Google]
Virgen_de_guadalupe1.jpg
278KB, 788x1226px
/x/ thoughts on the Virgin of Guadalupe? The idea of the Virgin Mary in general? What other divinity can she compared to? Does she qualifies as a goddess?
>>
File: ¿Que-son-los-Cenotes.jpg (478KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
¿Que-son-los-Cenotes.jpg
478KB, 1600x1065px
South americans virgins, are new version of pre-colombian myths.

In the old tradition the procesion would have taken the virgin, a real one, and would have tossed her in a cenote to drown.

This it's a grossly oversimplification, but you get the general idea.
>>
File: BusyMary.jpg (123KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
BusyMary.jpg
123KB, 650x650px
http://www.sancta.org/eyes.html
>>
>>18682141
That painting looks like a vagina.
>>
>>18682185
Thats only account for aztecas and maybe the incan mummies, also african sincretism but most virgins are straight from catholic history
>>
File: image.jpg (254KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254KB, 1280x960px
OP I am so happy I found this post.....I come in the name of Jesus Christ....peace be unto you
>>
File: image.gif (186KB, 449x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
186KB, 449x590px
For the choir director; according to the Shoshannim. A Maskil of the sons of Korah. A Song of Love.

1My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
2You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.

3Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!

4And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.

5Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.

6Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

7You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.

8All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
>>
File: image.jpg (384KB, 400x493px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
384KB, 400x493px
9Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.

10Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear:
Forget your people and your father’s house;

11Then the King will desire your beauty.
Because He is your Lord, bow down to Him.

12The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift;
The rich among the people will seek your favor.

13The King’s daughter is all glorious within;
Her clothing is interwoven with gold.

14She will be led to the King in embroidered work;
The virgins, her companions who follow her,
Will be brought to You.

15They will be led forth with gladness and rejoicing;
They will enter into the King’s palace.

16In place of your fathers will be your sons;
You shall make them princes in all the earth.

17I will cause Your name to be remembered in all generations;
Therefore the peoples will give You thanks forever and ever.
>>
>>18682325
>>18682330
Psalm 45
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 340x417px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 340x417px
18Some Sadducees (who say that there is no resurrection) came to Jesus, and began questioning Him, saying,

19“Teacher, Moses wrote for us that IF A MAN’S BROTHER DIES and leaves behind a wife AND LEAVES NO CHILD, HIS BROTHER SHOULD MARRY THE WIFE AND RAISE UP CHILDREN TO HIS BROTHER.

20“There were seven brothers; and the first took a wife, and died leaving no children.

21“The second one married her, and died leaving behind no children; and the third likewise;

22and so all seven left no children. Last of all the woman died also.

23“In the resurrection, when they rise again, which one’s wife will she be? For all seven had married her.”

24Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God?

25“For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

26“But regarding the fact that the dead rise again, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the burning bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, and the God of Jacob’?

27“He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; you are greatly mistaken.”

(Mark 12:18-27)
>>
I think it is the will of Jesus that we love and honor His mother just like He surely did, but this is just my opinion

Certainly, I also believe Mother Mary is alive and active in our world
>>
Lots of Godesses have had virgin births. It isn't a unique idea. And I also assume that lots of women have claimed them to avoid being shunned, divorced, or stoned to death.

To me it is a thing that spans all cultures in some way. And I think that some of it is BS. And some of it probably has merit.
>>
>>18682310
>not having a douay rheims bible
>>
File: image.jpg (302KB, 350x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302KB, 350x433px
1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

5They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.

6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.