[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last week Trump adviced NASA to prepare plans for manned moo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

Last week Trump adviced NASA to prepare plans for manned moon flights as early as 2018. The USA will go back to the Moon! Finally.
What will we find up there? I think all the moon conspiracies will be debunked by this time next year if Trump keeps his word.

http://time.com/4673290/nasa-moon-astronauts/
>>
>>18681828
I as a moonlandingwasahoax believer, hope this is true!
>>
>>18681904
It will be very interesting to see if it's a real mission or some hollywood bullshit.
>>
>>18681913
How would you know the difference?
>>
>>18681920
See if they make mistakes..
Like a fucking bubble in space for example.
>>
>>18681920
>>18681929
Exactly. Study and think for yourself. There may not be anything super obvious but if it's fake they can't hide everything.
>>
How will the US possibly afford this?
This seems like bullshit or a distraction.
>>
>>18681929

Said "bubbles" are chips of ice braking off and flying away.

Water vapor in the upper atmosphere will freeze to the still-much-cooler fuel tanks of the craft on the way up.

The fairings/shroud that covers a satellite or a piece of equipment on the way up isn't air-tight either (same with the space shuttle's cargo bay): There is already a substantial amount of moisture in there, no wind, and as the temperature drops, it freezes onto the equipment.
>>
>>18682110
post a photo of a satellite in orbit
>>
>>18682147
Why bother? You will simply accuse it of being a fake photo.

You've already made up your mind.
>>
>>18682086
>This seems like bullshit or a distraction.
always. you can count on that.
>>
>>18682110
How well does shilling pay? I wanted to ask for a friend. Also how can I get hired as a pro shill
>>
>>18681828
>>18681904

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUYX2sjzdFY
>>
File: f97d4f5.jpg (91KB, 1433x1080px) Image search: [Google]
f97d4f5.jpg
91KB, 1433x1080px
>mfw people ask me "where are the satellites?!" in photos of Earth
>I remind them that satellites are about the size of a school bus
>And then ask them "where are the school buses?"
>>
>>18682166
exactly. you're wrong
>>
>>18682166
Well.. i havent made my mind.. yet.
I kinda fiddy/fiddy about the matter.
Please, unretard me.
>>
>>18683127
hahaha that shitty logic

you must either be american, or retarded

or both
>>
We can't even get past the van allen belt because of the amount of intense radiation penetrating shuttles and suits. Astronauts can close theirs eyes and actually see the radiation.
>>
>>18683202
Im waiting..
>>
>>18683378
No?
Oki.
>>
>>18683282
The Van Halen belt? Rock on brother!
>>
File: neat.jpg (28KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
28KB, 500x491px
>>18683282
>Astronauts can close theirs eyes and actually see the radiation.
>>
NT Dumbfucks.
>>
>>18684606
so if they can see it with their eyes wide shut then why can't they see it with their eyes open?
>>
>>18684620
If you actually look it up instead of taking some autist on 4chan at his word, there's reports of seeing radiation with eyes open too
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 347x145px
>>18683617
People who respond to themselves are literally the saddest people alive.
A guy volunteered to help you out and teach you some cool space trivia and you got hostile in return.
You demand he spend even more time out of his day to teach you more even after you spat in his eye the last time.
And worst of all, you were so proud of your actions you decided to come back 3 god damn times to parade around and show off about how you "won".
Here's your damn picture.
>>
shouldn't they be focusing on Mars?
>>
>>18685294
now find me a picture of the camera that took that picture
>>
>>18681828
>Trump
>Trump
>Trump
>Trump

People are pretty close to worshiping that guy. Whatever he used on the masses, it's pretty impressive.
>>
>>18681904
Fucking moron,
>>
>>18681828
WE WAZ MOONWALKAZ N SHEIIT
in real life nothing goes upward of 70 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXNmj-JmrR8
>>
>>18685506
He's the leader of the free world, so.
>>
File: (you).jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>18685636
>free world

Yes, yes. Free indeed. Repeat after me...

FREE WORLD TRUMP FREE WORLD
>>
>>18685629
lol, that picture.
>>
>>18685409
>Ad infinitum
>>
>>18681936
Yes they could, I have seen magic tricks on youtube that can't be explained fully.
>>
>>18681828

Nobody has been higher than a high altitude balloon. Enjoy your CGI hoax, Burgers!
>>
>>18685506
Eh, not many people.
>>
>>18685682
Right. It is so forced. You can see how bullshit it is in less than 10 seconds.
>>
>>18681828

INB4 a shitload of people here claim the moonlanding was legit regardless of the fact that NASA claims to have accidentally recorded over the original raw video tape recordings.

So ya know how your parents and grandparents recorded movies on tapes using their VCR? You prolly watched some growing up - how many times did you accidentally record over your favorite one?

NASA claims they did this with one of the most important documents in world history.

WOOPS!

Give it a rest, no other organization on Earth fucks up like that unless its a scandal. Period.

Some things are simply too stupid to be a mistake and anyone that believes NASA was that careless with those tapes is naive.

Literally no photos or shadows or reflections in visors or a lack of stars in a background or a waving flag EVEN MATTER AT ALL regarding this topic.

If the military claimed to LOSE THE FILES regarding an operation in the middle east and you believe that - you're gullible and naive.

if an officer claims to have LOST THE VIDEO from his dash cam and you believe it - you're gullible and naive.

Get over it, governments lie, it doesnt mean you cant like science so quit associating the two like saying the moon landing was fake is saying science is bad.

Governments are secretive and lie. Especially about the bigger more expensive things they do...but dont take my word for it - just read -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_conspiracies

Thats just the ones that have been publicized...of course, wiki is edited to not share recent conspiracies, any behond the 90's, but if you're not under a rock you've seen things and read things that reek of similarities with these previous issues.
>>
>>18686072
What's the name of this spacing again?
>>
File: 1e7b10bcc8.jpg (41KB, 639x354px) Image search: [Google]
1e7b10bcc8.jpg
41KB, 639x354px
>>18686072
I mean most of your points about the moon landing are pretty retarded.
>shadows or reflections in visors or a lack of stars
Well if you understand how light works on the lunar surface this coupled with the whole lack of star meme makes me just want to throw everything you have into the /trash/
Like fuck even Nvidia did a video on this to show off their fancy new light technology with the 900 series GPUs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9y_AVYMEUs
That coupled with the whole it being harder to fake the moon landing than actually going to the moon just like kek.

Gooberments lie though, just you give them too much credit.
>>
>>18681828
NASA shitting themselves right now. Hahaha - YES!!!
>>
>>18686072
Remember how Obama made fun of Trump for being a ((conspiracy theorists)) and accused him of thinking (we) faked the moon landing?..... This is Trump punching back twice as hard on Sundays! Haha, love it! NASA SHITTING THEMSELVES!!!!
>>
>>18686072
>>18686344
>>18686501

>>18686072
>gubbermints lie, gubbermints lie
>gubbermint secerets
>reaed this wikepeda articel

There's something special about wanting someone to be squished by a rogue Chinese space station.
>>
>>18686599
Yea, you have to be pretty special.
>>
>>18686777
To be squished by a rogue Chinese space station, yep. The odds are slim.
>>
>>18686794
You have to be special! Retard!
>>
>>18686883
No I don't. Anyone can want someone to be subject to something.

Look at all the anons wanting NASA to eat shit.
>>
>>18686892
You excuse aside, the fact that you thought my first reply to your post was an agreement when it was an insult proves that you have to be special. Don't try to defend yourself, you can't. You have again further supported my assumption by defending yourself. Don't even bother killing yourself.
>>
>>18687216
I deliberately chose to reply as I did, anon.
>There's something special about
would imply that there's something special about my wanting for something to happen. If you take that at face value, I already called myself special in a sense.

Then you turned special into "retarded". I saw that miles in advance. So I played the game, and I turned it around.
>>18686794
>To be
>yep
See how I deliberately chose to redirect the quality of being special from me, to the anon who I wished ill will on? I haven't necessarily supported your assumption. You only want to rebuff that notion, because it was your intention the first time around to call me retarded.

I don't need to defend myself. You've invested this much autism into a comment, and I'm here to play along now.
>>
>>18681828
Nothing is up there but all our left overs, but I think it would be great if we could make it a staging grounds area for future launch sites. FOR EVERYONE, not just the united states.
>>
>>18681828
Flat earthers will get btfo so hard.
>>
File: 1485535201277.png (387KB, 720x784px) Image search: [Google]
1485535201277.png
387KB, 720x784px
>>18685698

Actually it would only take one object and two cameras.

Try thinking instead of spouting catchphrases.
>>
>>18681828
That would be nice. I think it'd be cool if they could find a way to live stream launch but I don't know if technology is that advanced that we can get live feeds (Like to the point where people could theoretically do a live chat with the astronauts. I mean astronauts are a bunch of nerds after all I don't think it's implausible. If someone can sneak weed into space why not a livestream of exploring the planet itsself?

I'm honestly just excited for how far our technology has come in general. I know distance shots of planets are still behind to what we can do close up, but if they can keep dust out of a new-age camera, think of the quality of a selfie on the moon?

Space scares the fuck out of me and I don't think i'll ever leave the planet because of some weird shit that happens to humans in space (Like sight degradation) but god the moon is cool.
>>
>>18686133

"Readable"

Mock him for the use of 'prolly'

Other than that it was an excellent post.
>>18686072
>>
>>18681828
Now everyone, don't get your knickers in a knot. Lightfoot is only asking NASA if it is even possible to fly astronauts on EM-1, not confirming it. In addition, there is no architecture bring developed as od now that would allow us to land.
>>
>>18684176
Now i want a van halen belt buckle
>>
>>18682166

How to Win an Argument on the Internet

Step 1: See a post that you literally can't even believe they could think that way, let alone actually say it.

Step 2: Start typing, eloquently attempting to tell them why they are so absolutely full of shit. For bonus points, do some research.

Step 3: Sit back and read it to make sure it really gets your point across so that it will actually sink in and ultimately change their mind.

Step 4: realize that there's no way you're ever going to change their mind short of an actual brain transplant.

Step 5: Press and hold backspace until all your typing is deleted

Step 6: Move on.
>>
>>18687322
Your posts are about as fucking retarded as that picture.
>>
>>18688036
>>18687920
>>
I've heard repeatedly that there's some alien moon base up there.
Oh sure I have some tin foil conspiracies and I can entertain a few far fetched ones but, seriously?

You don't need NASA tier equipment to disprove that right? Please fucking set this straight with me.
>>
>>18685386
Trumps old and confused. He can't focus.
>>
>>18686072
I threw all of mine away. I don't even own a VCR anymore. I witnessed the entire Apollo program.
>>
>>18686133
its the mark of the redditor
>>
>>18686072
hot assumptions there, brainlet
>>
>>18687419
Actually, they already do livestreams of rocket launches. Though a live chat with the astronauts at launch is a terrible idea, solely due to how dangerous it would be. They are piloting an extremely flamable and explosive mass of machinery (which has an ungodly high price tag, btw) on a pillar of flame into one the harshest environments imaginable, a hard vacuum. Sure, Newton does a lot of the work, but it's always better safe than sorry.

I'm not a Trump fan (I've got a roughly neutral view of him, but it is leaning towards positive), but he will get mad props in my book if he does this.

Exploring-the-moon-stream is plausible, though there could be ping issues.
>>
>>18681828
>as early as
That's not "no later than". If he said no later than 2020 that would be more exciting than as early as whenever. As early as means they can pretend to have the intention to do it and never do it.

Also America are behind India and Russia in some real big ways right now. Despite throwing money at guys like PayPal Man they still haven't done shit like build a better soyuz.
>>
>>18687289
They will still say it's fake.
>>
>>18681828
>Trump.
>Keeping his word.
That's REAL /x/ anon.
>>
>>18683127
>exactly
>of course im going to deny you no matter what
>look at how right I am

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>18689690
I would like to point out that obama had made similar promises to increase space exploration. It was all nice to talk about and then congress got all tight fisted with it's money and they scrapped the idea.
>>
>>18689889
Well, now one party controls the ENTIRE government, so we know exactly who to blame if something goes wrong. And bear in mind the Republicans just sort of tried to block everything Obama did, and I expect the Democrats will (ineffectively) try to do the same to Trump.
>>
>>18681828
Trump has never come across as someone with a strong background in science. Does he fully appreciate how difficult (and expensive) a manned moon flight would be?
>>
>>18690169
If he doesn't appreciate the value in not leeching waste into drinking water, having eyes on our planet 24/7, or the value about studying the planet we live on, I doubt he appreciates the logistics of a manned moon flight.
>>
>>18690550
He appreciates the propaganda value.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.