[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop compulsively lying and ego-building? Is this hindering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

How do I stop compulsively lying and ego-building? Is this hindering my spiritual growth?
>>
>>18676719

There's no special trick or shortcut. Dedication, introspection, humility, and mindfuless is how it's done. Read up on the Fourth Way if you're serious.
>>
>>18676733
Thanks pham
>>
>>18676719
What makes you compulsively lie? I've always wondered why some people lie as easy as telling the truth.
>>
>>18676719
How to check self spiritual growth?
>>
>>18676719
Spiritual growth is simply learning and understanding of yourself. So if you have an understanding that personal traits and habits maybe be hindering your growth, than you are learning. Anything relevant in life in necessary for growth.
>>
>>18676759
If all you expect are lies then you'd always see everything as one
>>
>>18676788
But effort is seem as valuable.

I see lying as cowardly.
>>
>>18676810
effort in what ? Lying?

Do you want the truth or a confirmation of what you think?
>>
>>18676815
Being truthful doesn't help you except in a social sense, if people perceive you as truthful. You can benefit from lying, even more so than being honest.

It's like lighting a candle in the dark, driven by an impulse to seek out things that are not yourself.

Aside from all the teenage philosophy of wow what's truth just what you want it to be wow so deep, and aside from philosophers and scientists studying lying in order to understand it to get to the truth, there is a desire to seek something outside yourself.

What I'm wondering is why some feel compelled to stop trying and hide behind a fantasy, because lying is more a symptom of wanting what you want to be true to be validated without effort than truth ever was.
>>
>>18676847
O so a case if i can't perceive it it means its fake

Proving one is truthful according to you would be the equivalent of proving a negative

and then if good deeds come out of a lie it and future behavior would be tainted but for you it would be proof because you seek a confirmation of your bias and even then if they are tainted is the good bad?

you make no sense to me
>>
>>18676865
you want to judge someone for what it thinks not for what it does but what it does its supposed to be proof of what it thinks

makes no sense
>>
>>18676865
Fucking mental masturbation.

Maybe people lie because they're confused as to what "other" means. Lying is just sprinkling your own bullshit on something and thinking other people want it.

What a shit thread.
>>
>>18676881
Its not mental masturbation, nothing will make you happy no matter what even if someone tries really hard it would still be inherently tainted
>>
>>18676892
or at least thats the message im getting
>>
>>18676892
You're just trying to confirm your bias. The attempt at truth is to eliminate your bias. Most laypeople have an idea of truth without care for their bias, but objective reality lays outside your perception and that's what some want to get at.

Truth is opposite of what you claim. You're projecting. What you've done is become so confused you've lost a connection with reality in favor of your own fantasy, because truth doesn't confirm your bias. Compulsive liars have actually crippled themselves.
>>
>>18676719
place yourself in a very humiliating position for your ego.
>>
>>18676912
you said not to delve in philosophy and such and yet you do it. Im making logical statements based on what you wrote

and see you already made your judgement before i even replied to you

>>18676921
I once rejected an inheritance that would make me live a very comfortably life of doing nothing because i thought i wasn't worthy of it since i couldn't spend much time with that relative i had spent all my free time playing destiny;s last expansion of the time
>>
>>18676719
Not following the general conventions of A LOT of the people on 4chan, including /x/ could be a good start. I'm not saying not to come on here, but even on the internet generally it is easy to let others bring you down to their level... or, if you already are down there, it is easy to become anchored to it. Just my 2 cents, not any more or less valid than what anyone else said. Good luck!
>>
File: index.jpg (15KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15KB, 300x168px
>>18676936
>>
>>18676719
Are you perhaps jewish?
>>
>>18677441
Kek
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.