[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking today and came across the alarming discovery that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

I was thinking today and came across the alarming discovery that I don't think I have a religion.

I was raised a Christian but I don't follow or believe in it any more.

What's your stance on religion? Do you have one?
>>
File: lno.jpg (2MB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
lno.jpg
2MB, 887x900px
>>18668193
Agnostic however I think I found proof for multiverse theory.
>>
>>18668193
In which case we are all right and we are all wrong at varying degrees in each universe. The real question is...would you use your knowledge to summon your God into this world?
>>
File: 14892996314642.jpg (76KB, 1200x630px)
14892996314642.jpg
76KB, 1200x630px
It belongs to me. It's mine. You can't have it.
>>
>>18668193
Raised Christian doesn't mean much, most Christian parents teach their children like they would do to refute an atheist. They teach that things are like this and that's it, they don't teach the love of the religion.
You finally came to your senses and did that alone, this shows that you are a smart person. I am not gonna tell you that you should believe in this or that but I can give you a piece of advice: If you search for a new religion don't look at it from a scientific perspective but don't swallow everything either. You should put into balance all that is taught and understand what is good for you in this universe. Don't forget that religions give answers to some impossible questions. What does it mean? It means that every answer has a chance to be right, but they all can be wrong. Someone from another religion will give some different answer to the same question with the same conviction that you would do, they are also right.
>>
>>18668193
>parents are Muslim
>tfw forced to go to the mosque as a kid
>typical friday session consisted of 45min in the praying room followed by people socializing for a long time
>too autistic to get along with anyone
>parents were my ride home, I couldn't leave until they were ready to leave which was usually an hour or two
>people are in every part of the mosque, I can't stand it
>end up hiding in the washroom stall or behind the trees outside of the building and periodically checking if family is ready to go home yet

every Friday was a nightmare for me lads
>>
>>18668193
Don't use it as excuse to be a prick, otherwise I could care less how you choose cope with your inevitable march to the grave.
>>
>>18668193
Raised Christian, left because a lot of it conflicted with my understanding of morality.
>>
File: 1472940629224.jpg (997KB, 5079x2953px) Image search: [Google]
1472940629224.jpg
997KB, 5079x2953px
>>18668665
Same here. I remember sitting hunched over in the chior loft every single sunday while my back and my legs hurt from standing in one place for so long

I would only hide in the washroom for a few minutes at a time so no one would think I was trying to run away, and I never left the church during mass. No one ever did
>>
>>18668193
It's a way to scare people into unquestioning obedience a lot of the time. "God says that if you don't do X, Y, and Z, you're going to get punished in this life and the next."
>>
>>18668193
>I was raised a Christian

Christianity is neither inherited nor does it rub off from parents to siblings. While you may have been raised by Christians, you have no religion of your own due to your upbringing.

God does not have any grandchildren, only children.

Whether or not you want to be one of His children is now up to you.
>>
don't give a shit about it. Salvation is for pussies.
>>
>>18668193
My dad wouldn't let be get help for my (at times fairly severe) depression because he thought it was just a demon that needed to be prayed away.
>>
raised christian as well.
the thing that always got me, was if you were born somewhere other than the us of a, you'd probably be raised in some other equally as retarded religion like islam.
>>
Some intersection between European Paganism and Haitian Voodoo. 'S what I was raised with.
>>
I follow some weird shit I came up with, obviously I'm the only follower
>>
I was Agnostic .

Until I learned about quantum 'collapsed states' and all of that jazz.

Even Stephan Hawking believes in a "God Factor" these days.

I don't have a religion though. I mean, pretty much all of them come from the same place anyways.
>>
>>18669853
Stephan Hawking is dead you turd burglar
>>
>>18669965
Mmmkay..

>>18669853
I can't spell apparently
>>
>>18668193
Have you tried reading the good parts of the bible?

churches are basically for picking up chicks not for real spirituality
>>
>>18668193

Christian converted to Deism. Although, I do believe there may be some truth to simulation theory. Perhaps God is just the dev.
>>
>>18668193
Private Christian schools in America get vouchers from the government to send their children to them. I'm trying to form an Atheist private school system in the US that teaches BASED education. Biology, Astronomy, Science, Evolution and Data. I'm the founder of a 501(c)(3) private organization. I need a board. Anyone interested?
>>
>>18671419
Should I take this to /pol
>>
>>18671419
Thanks for doing the good work if that is true
>>
Sort of a general animist
No specific affiliation or strong practices
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.