[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when I was younger I use to believe in astral projection. I never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: OBE.jpg (90KB, 1200x839px) Image search: [Google]
OBE.jpg
90KB, 1200x839px
when I was younger I use to believe in astral projection. I never really practiced it but I would have an experience about once or twice a year. these experiences involved getting the vibrations and hearing the humming and buzzing noises before "leaving" my body. the setting for my experience where always the room that I was sleeping in. I would get up with limited or no control and try to navigate my way through my house. If i was lucky I would make it outside where I would attempt to fly. 9 times out of 10 it wouldn't work but every now and again it would. What contributed to my belief was that there were others who had the same experiences that I was having. online forums filled with people describing the same exact thing that I felt, that and my experiences just felt way to real to be a lucid dream.

fast forward a couple years to last night I was sleeping at my job (I'm an EMT who works nights). I usually don't sleep at work because of insomnia and if I were to get a rescue call and I wake up from a dream I experience vast amounts of confusion for like 5 minutes after waking up, making it dangerous if I'm driving. well last night I decided to try to get some sleep and it took a bit but I managed to do it. I became lucid in one of my dreams but ended up waking up when I curled my toes. I laid in the bunk for what seemed like 30 seconds when lo and behold I start getting the vibrations and humming noises. its been years since I've experienced this and usually when I get to this state I've fucked it up by getting excited but this time it was different, I wasn't excited and kept my mind calm.

after the vibrations passed I felt like I was dragged up through the bunk above me were someone else was sleeping. I couldn't see anything and it felt like i got entangled with him and heard him say "what the hell are you doing?" I woke up unsure if I actually interacted with him but no, hes still sleeping.

1/?
>>
>>18655785
bunk below? Where were you sleeping?
>>
>>18655785
what technique did you use? concentration? Walk us by, anon
>>
the vibrations and humming come back almost instantly and I would have the same experience again except I wasn't through straight in the air. but everything was still dark. I tried willing my environment to be better by thinking and saying "clarity now" to see or "I now have full control of my body" which usually works when I lucid dream or had these experiences.

I want to say that this happened at least 3 or 4 times before the last time when I found myself in my home where I live at. I was in my room and had full control of my body and movement and it was dark but I was still able to see (actual time was around 2:30 am). I walked to my front door and decided to go through it with very little resistance. I was now in my front yard when I decided to fly. before I said that flight in my dreams or out of body experiences was difficult, this is usually due to not being able to stay up in the air. I ran and jumped and found myself suspended 10-15 feet above my driveway rotating backwards slowly. I saw the stars and planets in the sky and it was beautiful (they weren't up close, they appeared like brighter stars). after one full spin I found myself facing outward experiencing 0G's of force and noticed a building in a field which did not exist in real life. just as that happened a rescue call came in for a heroine addict in the police holding cell, pissing me off because i couldn't replicate the experience afterwards.

What do you think? what are your experiences? IDK if i really believe if this was an out of body experience or an awesome lucid dream.

2/2
>>
>>18655804

we have a bunk room in the dept. I was on the bottom bunk

>>18655812

no technique, it kind of just naturally happens every once and a while so I go with the flow of things. I've tried the rope technique other times before but with no success. I think anxiety gets me when I try a technique.
>>
I've had that same exact experience (vibrations and humming or buzzing) but I wake up 90% of the time, I'm afraid I'll have a heart attack or something. A lot of the time it's associated with sleep apnea and sleep paralysis for me too so it's doubly freaky.

The times I do remember toughing it out, it takes me into a lucid dream. I don't think I've done anything close to astral projecting, but then again I never tried. I'll keep that in mind for next time, maybe I can direct my willpower that way.
>>
>>18655945
Also, this person in a /pol/ thread talks about his experience with the buzzing vibrations after trying nofap:
http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/113468272/#113472839

Any woke /x/ists have more information? Is it related to the kundalini? I almost never read about this phenomenon in lucid dreaming guides, but I always hear about it from people's personal accounts of lucid dreaming or astral projection.
>>
>>18655977

this is exactly what I'm talking about, other people have the same experiences as well. I've done kundalini exercises for astral projection as part of this 4 month guide (steve g jones's art of astral projection) but never really stuck with the program so I can't say with certainty that it is kundalini that causes the feeling. I think I still have the recordings laying around somewhere so I might give it another try some time soon seeing how my interest is back.
>>
ive never made it past the vibration. pretty sure its your entire body numbing out. definitely an indescribably feeling.

closest id say would be heroin but then again ive never done heroin
>>
Holy shit OP I've been waiting for a thread like this! I had the exact same experience about two moths ago! I know about astral projection and like you, had done it very few times before, although mainly by luck. But as you mentioned, I usually only got to the buzzing static like noises part or when I felt my body being dragged up. Very rarely had I "explored" around me during projection. I would either freak out or instinctively jump making me "wake up" so to say. However, two months ago I managed to get a bit further

Before I went to bed I had read that flexing and stretching your muscles could help you astral project. Well that night I did exactly that and laid on my belly with my face turned to the side. I cleared my mind and focused only on my breathing. Now this seemed easy and all but I laid completely still and focused on my breathing for abit more than 10 minutes before anything happened. After this I began to experience the buzzing and hizzing noises. This time I was prepared and knew that it was completely normal. I remained stable and after what seemed like a minute later, the noises stopped and I began to feel my body being dragged up. At this point I was anxious to see what came next so I again kept my cool until I noticed that my lower back down to my toes were "out of my body" yet the rest of my body was still laying down. It felt as if someone was holding my legs up and was trying to pull the rest of me out. I must mention that I did indeed feel hands wrapped around my legs. Soft, feminine type hands. Shortly after, I felt an extremely pleasurable rush of energy being transferred from my legs down to my lower back, stopping there and not reaching the rest of my body. The feeling is a bit difficult to explain as it felt amazing yet so "electrical" so to say. Current seems like a good word for it. It got to the point where I just couldn't handle it and I "jumped" and felt my legs and lower body fall back into my body and I awoke right after. 1/2
>>
>>18656708
I was fully conscious the whole time and everything was so vivid. I couldn't look back to see what, if anything was behind me holding my legs because as I said I was laying on my belly and face was turned to side.

I've looked online for some insight to my experience but haven't found much. Someone mentioned to me that it could have been a demon or succubus holding my legs while someone else claimed that it could have been a spirit trying to help me project. I see that you mentioned the kundalini and this actually explains a lot. It's said to be located at the base of the spine and I felt the rush around my lower back. What's even more shocking to me (no pun intended) is that the kundalini has been described as an electric current. Which again, best describes what I felt. I hope to find out more and I've tried experiencing the same thing but have not been successful so far. But the Kundalini resonates with me the most. 2/2
>>
>>18656708
>>18656743
gnarly!

I've noticed it happens more often when I go to sleep feeling really tired, rather than just normally tired. as if the sooner I fall asleep the more likely it is to happen.

I'm pretty tired right now, and I've had this in my mind all day. hopefully I can make it happen again.
>>
>>18655852
I would suggest you try the key technique

Basically, it's the technique Salvador DalĂ­ used to spark his own imagination. Lie down in bed, while holding a key chain (must be a very noisy one). Leave a ceramic plate just below where your hands are, and try to find a confortable position to fall asleep. the last part of your body that need to relax is your hand that is holding the key chain. Once you fall asleep your hands will drop making a very disturbing sound, use that in your advantage to notify yourself that your body has already shut down
>>
>>18655785
Had this happen to be twice. Once when I was 7 and another time when I was 9.

Only other oddity was sleep paralysis one time where I felt that there some terrifying person/creature near me. I couldn't move, open my eyes or ever scream out for help.
>>
Just practice, you lazy fucks.

I've been doing this stuff every night for the past couple months. Once you get the hang of it, either be in meditative trance or lay on your back before or after falling totally asleep and focus on shifting your perception. Once you're looking at yourself, work on moving that astral body's 'fingers' or whatever else helps you get grounded.

From there you can call out to stuff, travel via portals, and so on.

Yes the buzzing and discomfort may occur as you acclimate to astral perception, but simply use proper caution and sanctify your home where you're sleeping to avoid the nightmare material and direct encounters solely of your own accord. You'll get used to things quickly. Just don't bitch out when you have the sleep paralysis. That's like step 1 in the shortcuts.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.