[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /x/. This is my first time here. I'm just wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Bs4883lCIAAeBcv.png (270KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Bs4883lCIAAeBcv.png
270KB, 600x337px
So, /x/. This is my first time here. I'm just wondering if there is some sort of general consensus among the visitors of this board - are paranormal phenomena real or are you just here for some good old creepy fun?
>>
File: image.jpg (630KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
630KB, 2592x1944px
>>18654339
Trolling
>>
>>18654339
>are paranormal phenomena real or are you just here for some good old creepy fun?
Yes.
>>
>>18654339
Both
>>
>>18654339
god i wish that were me
>>
The latter.
>>
File: IMG_0647.jpg (73KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0647.jpg
73KB, 720x718px
Both.

I love the creepy tent btw, I'd want one with those aesthetics.

The paranormal is a broad subject.
>aliens
Are we alone in this vast universe?
>monsters
Sometimes nature is creepy
>psychic abilities
Is there such a thing as mind over matter?
>the occult
There are groups of individuals with strange beliefs and perform creepy practices
>the insane
When the brain breaks; and people kill - it's spooky.
>ghosts
Do we have a soul? Is there an afterlife? What happens when we die?
>conspiracies
The geopolitical landscape is ever-changing - does anyone ever pull the strings?
>the unknown
It's frightening.
>mysteries
They make us wonder.

Besides, there are plenty of strange events, people, and unexplained phenomena happening all over the world, all the time.

Here on /x/, we all varying degrees of skeptisicsm and truly believing. Depends on the individual.

A lot of what we talk about is anecdotal or has no scientific backing - so it's an easy-to-troll board.

As for myself, I have a very open mind (not gullible, mind you). I also enjoy horror and the macabre - so I love creepy fun probably moreso than the average person.
>>
>>18654469

i agree with everything anon said. i'm mostly here to enjoy creepy stories. i've never physically experienced anything science doesn't think it can explain, but i have a mostly open mind and would love to have weirder experiences, but really it depends on what you mean by "paranormal".

as for the consensus of the board, though - there's a lot of nutballs who believe shit with no believable evidence, a lot of shitty trolls with nothing better to do than wade around in the feces and stir it up, a lot of roleplayers making up threads for attention and entertainment.

my best guess is that a consensus of people here who would actually call themselves /x/ residents believe in paranormal stuff, but it's hard to tell when some of the minority groups are shouting as loud as they can and other people are quietly lurking.
>>
File: IMG_1711.jpg (105KB, 1238x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1711.jpg
105KB, 1238x864px
>>18654339
It's always fascinating to see people who ask what a board is about. Like your going to get an accurate concise description of every person who posts here, and what that tends to be. How can one person without any direct contact give consensus? Some of us believe, others have actually experienced. And then there are trolls. Kek. How to imageboard.
>>
The answer OP, is "Yes."
>>
>>18654339
Just here cuz board
>>
>>18654339
Yes, everything on /x/ is 100% real, and anyone who doesn't agree with this statement can just GTFO
>>
>>18654583
This thread does serve as an insight into /x/ though. Even if it isn't 100% representative, I now know more about /x/ than I did before. For example, your post taught me that this board has its annoying snartasses too.
>>
>>18654339
>are paranormal phenomena real
It's a really broad category. Stuff like Forteana is confirmed real, we just aren't sure why it happens. Other things like ghosts are well attested, but there's little hard evidence. Probably something to that. Then there's tinfoil stuff that's probably not legit. For example, most gangstalking is pretty clearly just schizos being batty.

As to why I personally am here, I like spooky stuff. Sometimes there's some here.

>>18654583
About your image, I'd like to make you aware that it's an edited version. Where it says /b/, it originally was labelled /d/ (which makes more sense). If you look close, it's in a different font.
>>
>>18654339
Yes
>>
File: 1482616245541.png (215KB, 373x396px) Image search: [Google]
1482616245541.png
215KB, 373x396px
no this board is forever split between believers and doubters
guess who's happier in the long run
>>
>>18654469
I agree to this anon.
I have always been in paranormal situations and it is refreshing to come here and read about other people with similar experiences.

Besides reading greentext is fun.
>>
UFOs -
1. no way intelligent extraterrestrials don't exist somewhere in the universe.
2. no way people don't occasionally see "objects" in the sky and fail to identify them.
3. are extraterrestrials piloting some tiny percentage of those unidentified objects? i want to believe, but i don't.

Cryptids, ghosts, psychic powers - i suspect these things are, together with UFOs, actually all part of some strange thing. human beings with defective brains trying to understand a fleeting impression of a 7D object moving through our universe. psychic resonance of traumatic events bouncing off the collective unconscious. maybe we just haven't gotten all the hallucinogens out of our monkey minds.

Conspiracies - no way some of it isn't true. no way some of it is true. watching important people scramble to cover things up makes you wonder sometimes how deep that rabbit hole goes, but it's easy to start daydreaming about incredible secret societies when simpler explanations of incompetent, greedy humans and red tape are almost always more likely.

/x/ - where skeptics will refuse to believe anything is possible, no matter what proof they're shown, and believers will refuse to admit any possibility that they're wrong, no matter what proof they're shown, and /b/ and /pol/ are here just to empty their bowels all over the board.
>>
>>18654339
this board is a fucking joke
we truly are four chan biggest jester
>>
>>18658837
I don't see any point in comparing this board to others.
Surely, this board isn't that good. But boards like /b/ and /pol/ aren't either.
I know that this board used to be better, but we don't habe anyone to blame but us
>>
>>18654339
depends, there are usually a mix of the two.

seek and you shall find, but do be pragmatic about it.
>>
>>18658963
It's also gone through periods where it was much worse. For a while six or seven years ago it was fucking overrun with tripfags who used avatars and derailed every interesting thread with their attention whoring.

Things could be much worse is what I'm saying.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.