[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ho many people can relate to this image? Does anyone still imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: Running Man.jpg (66KB, 460x567px) Image search: [Google]
Running Man.jpg
66KB, 460x567px
Ho many people can relate to this image?
Does anyone still imagine this now?
Is this just something built into our psyche or is there a paranormal explanation?
>>
I still do this thats weird OP
>>
>>18648922
never have i ever though of any of that.
but i have no explanation :(
>>
>>18648922
Other people did that too? I forgot all about this until reading this post
>>
Just an easy thing to imagine. Like how most imaginary friends are pretty similar characters. Probably be less and less of it because parents just toss a tablet at them on long car rides now.
>>
>>18648922
>I wonder what the underlying psychology behind it is

Autism
>>
>>18648922

I used to look past a spot of dirt and then my eyes would separate it so I could make it move around by tilting my head then I'd turn it into a skateboard and grind on everything
>>
I used to pretend Ninja Turtles were skateboarding all over the place when I was in the car as a child.
>>
>>18648922

I did this too. I think it's just how you adapt from walking and running and relating that to sitting down and still moving, then something is needed to understand the movement.
>>
>>18648922
I did this, but I didn't imagine any person or creature doing it. I would just bounce back and forth between the sides of the front windshield whenever we'd reach an intersection or driveway or something. It probably started because I would do the same sort of game when the wipers were on.

It's just your brain trying to find a way to relieve boredom while watching a nice pattern.
>>
when your parents tell you that the bad guys like pedos only come out at night, this kind of stuff is most often associated with the sun. Not a fucking clue why when it comes to the science tho
>>
>>18648922
Yes, I did this too. I would often imagine him jumping from one part of a dashed line to another. As for why, I have no idea.
>>
>>18648922
I do this all the time. I also imagine people who glide along every ledge in my room, leaping to the next ledge when there is no more ledge to glide on and people who bounce off everything at certain angles to get different places.
>>
>>18648922
What the hell?
Thought that i was only one who did this as a child.
>>
>>18648922
i had a bicycle that would do flips n shit
>>
Mine was a guy running really fast who had to jump over or on anything in his way.
>>
>>18648965
Yeaa I imagined an insanely good skateboarder riding on the side of the road
>>
Mine was a guy on a dirt bike
>>
File: kk.jpg (162KB, 610x481px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
162KB, 610x481px
>>18648922
>>
>>18648922
Organisms of the same species do similar things without communication. What a revelation!!
>>
i used to look at drops of water going across the window
>>
>>18648922
Well i have don it when i was younger but i think its just kid couping with boredum. Also videogames like assasins creed gave me the efect. So movies and videogames and boredom is my explenation.
>>
Mine was a samurai , he would cut things in half sometimes.
>>
>>18648922
for fucks sake /x/ https://youtu.be/1AJpKt6UP08
>>
>>18648922
I think it's something that kids who played video games did, honestly.
>>
>>18648922
The underlying mechanism is pattern recognition. The fast movement of the outside world (relative to your eyes) forms a quite continuous pattern. So every brake in that pattern is something noteworthy that your brain has to make sense of. And a human (the species you are most familiar with) running (since you are moving yourself) and jumping over the obstacles is quite an obvious idea to make sense of your perceived pattern. That's why we all did it.

And also: Autism. It's basically pattern recognition level over 9000.
>>
File: melonheads.jpg (30KB, 469x286px) Image search: [Google]
melonheads.jpg
30KB, 469x286px
You saw the Melonheads.
>>
>>18649538
Man, this brings back memories. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18648922
I usually imagined animals or creatures like Pokemon or Digimon doing it when I was little. Since my family didn't own a car and the we mostly used public transport, I would change or "evolve" the character after every stop. Made the rides less boring.
>>
>>18650299

lol nice
>>
File: 1546.jpg (54KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1546.jpg
54KB, 1440x900px
>>18648922
I still do that
>>
>not imagining a huge sword or laser from the car cutting everything in half

a running man, how plebian.
>>
I did this with mario kart characters in my mind.
Nothing paranormal about this.. probably because back in the days there was nothing else to do in the dark but look out of the window.
>>
>>18648965
Damn the feels, used to do that too as a child
>>
>>18650630
Yeah imagining everything being destroyed around you definitely won't blow back in your face later on
>>
Never. I always imagined cutting down every post ant tree with a lightsaber.
>>
>>18648922
HOLYFUCKHOLYFUCKHOLYFUCK
I did that, and he could jump from corner to corner. How strange. Also bump
>>
I used to press my forehead against the windshield and imagine I was running really fast.
>>
>>18648922
Yo I used to do this too. First time I've thought about this in a fucking long time.
>>
In stores I would use my fingers as little legs to run/skate across shelves and boxes etc.
>>
>>18648922
I think the psychology behind that is "kid, bored, active imagination, trying to distract him/herself".
That was the reason why I used to do that, at least.
>>
not paranormal
>>
Oh man, I remember doing that. I stopped around the time I hit puberty, though.

I think it's just the mind making its own entertainment during boring trips, to be honest.
>>
>>18648922
Mine was a giant slinky.
>>
My guy had a badass suit and a helmet and basically switched rides depending on the terrain, mostly dirt bike but loved the 1000cc when he could, if fences popped up he'd momentarily switch to a tank, but that's an ability he only developed over the years of being stuck in fences or breaking his bike ramming them
>>
Still do it to this day when looking out the window of bus
>>
>>18648922
yes i had this imagination also when i drove with the school bus but instead that the bus i haunted i imagined me beeing this guy jumping from streetlight to streetlight without touching the ground
>>
Mine was super mario
>>
>>18648922
use to do this but with classic sonic jumping from or onto things.
>>
>>18648922
I did this I imagine him and also walked with my two fingers as he jumped along, I would actually bring him in sometimes to play with toys I think he would by my two fingers
>>
>>18649510

I am ashamed to admit I made my imaginary runner be Bluefast McAutism.
>>
>>18648922
I night terror often that I am running beast much like this image
>>
>>18650645
lol what? little boys love destroying things and pretending everything getting demolished, thats natural. Also, everything IS going to be desteoyed eventually, thats also natrual. You gay, son?
>>
File: 2gk7e05pnify.jpg (241KB, 1620x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2gk7e05pnify.jpg
241KB, 1620x1620px
The image makes it out to be a lot more creepy than it was. I think it has something to do with side scrolling video games. I would always imagine him as Donkey Kong
>>
>>18649510
Lost
>>
>>18649510
My imaginary runner was sonic
How autistic is that
>>
>>18648922
I did this all the time as a kid, I can't believe other people did this too
It stopped when I turned 11
>>
I used to think that except it was somebody skateboarding like in Tony Hawks Underground 2 and they would have to jump and grind stuff
>>
>>18649510
My one was sonic, sometimes knuckles
>>
>>18648922
You made me remember this little mindgame I did where I ducked whenever our car went directly under a streetlight. I think it's just the shift in perspective between moving on foot and moving so much faster, in a car. We like to imagine what it would be like to move on foot that way, but since doing so normally would just be an uninteresting superhero, we have to have a "catch" like the bullshit rules described in the pic.
>>
>>18648922

Just the young brain learning how to use units as a form of measurement. You're bored in the car, counting streetlights, wondering how many streetlights its gonna take to get your mcdonalds tendies, and you start counting and imagining action to go along with the counting.
>>
>>18651162
yes
>>
Mine was Spider-Man, so I'm not creeped out at all.

Are there really so many people who imagined it as a generic pale naked dude?
>>
I imagined it was me. And I looked really cool.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.