[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK lets have a tread that isn't totally fucking retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: 1487496317821.jpg (70KB, 714x766px) Image search: [Google]
1487496317821.jpg
70KB, 714x766px
OK lets have a tread that isn't totally fucking retarded B movie shit.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
Nothing much.
What's goin' on with you, OP?
>>
>>18648887
Is that starwars thing true?
>>
>>18648887
>not b movie shit
>posts mandela effect
>>
The Mandela Effect is a bunch of bullshit.
It's just a bunch of morons who refuse to admit they were wrong about minor details so they flip the fuck out and blame it on government agencies or some shit who have nothing better to do than to port them to universes where things are spelled differently.
>>
>>18648887

It's called you being exposed to other media forms which used the lines incorrectly, then you assuming they are wrong.

If you know the Mandela Effect, it's when a large group of people think one thing is correct when it isn't. Often brought by someone pushing out the incorrect information. If you think this a glitch, well that wouldn't be the Mandela Effect now would it?

So you're even using the Mandela Effect incorrectly, grats.
>>
>>18648887
People make mistakes but not everybody is willing to admit it.
>>
>>18649121
all true
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129KB, 800x533px
The Home Depot has always been THE Home Depot. It's just commonly advertised as just 'Home Depot' for short.

Picture circa 2002, well before CERN even started building the LHC. Checkmate, (Insert insult that offends you most here)
>>
No way with this home depot shit, I was about to apply for a job just yesterday and was looking at the place from the outside. It is *NOT* fucking The Home Depot, but google says so. What the hell. Pic related, it's the home depot I'm talking about in my town. I swear to god it wasn't built like this yesterday.
>>
While it might define the mirror as the magic mirror imdb quotes somebody else for quoting the chick talking to the mirror. So we have records at the least of quotes of the original. What the fuck is going on. http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0002013/quotes
Also, samefag is thehomedepot poster above.
>>
>>18648887
To me the Mandela effect has always been retarded because I have a decent memory and always remembered these things they way the actu ally were. You see, I'm not autistic enough to blame fault memories on inter-dimensional travel, not even on /x/
>>
Fuck this shitpost
>>
File: vince-laughing.jpg (22KB, 443x300px) Image search: [Google]
vince-laughing.jpg
22KB, 443x300px
>brainlets blame their misremember on some multidimensional spooky stuff
>>
>>18650155
You just don't want to admit that things have changed and you can't explain it. Think for yourself anon, something fishy has happened
>>
File: 1486147999749.jpg (34KB, 564x477px) Image search: [Google]
1486147999749.jpg
34KB, 564x477px
>>18648887
>>
>>18648887
>'magic mirror on the wall' instead of 'mirror, mirror on the wall'
horse shit, my country had it's own translation of that verse and it involved the word mirror twice
>>
>>18650195
ah here it is
http://www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com/mirror-mirror-on-the-wall/
>>
>>18648887
Sex in the city was always sex AND the city. I know because my mom would that show all the time after I was done watching Oz.
>>
>>18648887
The thing about sex and the city is that it was mostly translated to other languages as sex in the city. Its probably just that some confused foerginer moved to US and noticed.
>>
>>18650408
Maybe that or just the fact that both versions sound pretty similar if you say them quickly.
>sex'n'the city
>>
>>18650411
Just did a quick research about my language theory. Note that most of the shows[books] are widely unknown and untranslated here,so I omitted them.
>sex and the city translated as sex in the city
>Star Wars is the same,no I am your father
>Jaws have actually varying results,tho mostly translated as were. didnt check the actuall movie tho
>Silence of the lambs: checked the DVD,no line there
>Forrest actually says life is a box of chocolates in translated versions

All the dubs were made max one year after the franchise in question were released.
Also,sorry for my English.
>>
>>18648887
All those examples are lame and easy to explain, but especially the forrest gump one. It is literally juast a matter of basic grammar
>>
>>18650543
>easy to explain
Go on,im a dumbass
>>
>>18650328
nope it was sex in the city i know because kim catrell
>>
>>18650511
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GVJwn5T4s
>>
>>18650663
http://video.disney.cz/sleduj/star-wars-imperium-vraci-uder/ja-jsem-tvuj-otec-4f58797282caa6b1438cdd65
>>
The star wars one is really bugging me.

Over 10 years ago I had a friend named Luke and i would say "Luke I am your father" to piss him off.
>>
Poland Springs is now Poland Spring
>>
File: silverleg.jpg (57KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
silverleg.jpg
57KB, 450x300px
>>
>>18649508
>not being woke
feelsbadman
>>
>>18650870

If you think about it in the context of the scene, "No, I am your father" has always made more sense. But since it's a response (ergo the more sensible in context), it doesn't work as a one-liner. People have heard their annoying friends say "Luke, I am your father" more often than they've watched the original scene, I'd wager.

Mandela effect: A list of common misconceptions demystified by the information super-highway.
>>
>>18649132
Goddamned this shill ID add on i have is on point
>>
All of these are the same to me, GTFO of my dimension, otherworldniggers
>>
>>18650655
Bummer that you can't spell your own name, then. Kim *Cattrall--or is THAT the Mandela Effect too? gmafb
>>
This pretty much sums up the Mandela effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcDiweyp2c
>>
>>18648887
>What the fuck it's going on?

They lied to you about things.

Systematically.
>>
>>18653457
LISTEN, Amduubeekaloo!
LISTEN.

Alright.
LISTEN TO ME.

OOOllaa. OOlebeeaka. Amloodeep. Mandee. Mandeelaa. ASAK. SKKAK. SAKKA. FAKK.

It SUMS UP!

MANDELA.
FUCK!
>>
>>18648887
whoa editing as occurred, must be paranormal and not people trying to update old slogans and lines from movies and businesses
>>
>>18648887
The Sex in the City one though. I clearly remember the Simpsons say it like that in my native language before I even knew what the show is.
>>
File: Fucking miracles.png (151KB, 680x441px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking miracles.png
151KB, 680x441px
>>18649398

No it isn't. I've always remembered it as "No I am your father" And thought it was stupid that people remembered it completely differently.

The effect is just caused by the fact that our brains have a habit of correcting or shortening things from our memory that makes the most sense. Like the effect people have when a sentence is flawed and their brain automatically corrects the sentence when you read it to make sense.

The common collective fuck ups that people have is just a great example that the human brain isn't perfect, and how we all tend to have a subconscious consensus on what sounds right
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
The thing with all of these mandelian time-defigurating occlusionary interception,s is that on one hand the rising of some of the intertwined legume-like creatures are not to be misunderstood in relation to all of the understandingly arising nigerian colonial force dealing and trademarking corporates who do not tolerate the after-market cooling of the stars within our observable universe, as though it would make a difference whether you have a shoelace onto your neck or a pair of scissors in your backpack while all of the elitist regimes still open up the same, I repeat, the exact same gates into the all-bending time-spacing and space-timing demonic dimensions, inmensions and outmensions from which none will ever exceed the one and only imposed force of the Empires in which we dwell for no apparent reason and seem to have terminated all meaning of.

No. That can't be it... Soon the gates will merge again.
>>
>>18653485
There are no records about it, faggot
>>
>>18653553
who gives a shit about records of it believe it or not companies and publishers and other people change things all the time for different people. Hell Star wars a new hope has 4 different versions released all slightly diffrent then the rest you have the original, the next one was modified to have Greedo shoot, the next was a re-release as a way for lucasarts to make money and they released a widescreen version in 2004. just because its different doesn't mean paranormal.
>>
>>18649133
I could have sworn it was Mandala effect...
OH SHIT GUIZ WHAT DIMENSHUN AM I IN???
>>
80% of these are lines that quote differently several times through the movie OR in other movies ie the hello clarice. The names changing are branding changes or advertising alterations
>>
>>18653440
Rekt
>>
>>18648887
I have a similar experience. I remember the news reported that Louie Anderson took his life in the early 90s. Production for the cartoon "Life With Louie" had brought up a traumatic event in his childhood leading to severe depression and the show was canceled before a single episode was made.
>>
>>18652668
Wish I could
>>
>>18653505
Look at the big brain on Brad....
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.