[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favorite paranormal/creepy/scary podcast? Last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: Logo-Last.jpg (391KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-Last.jpg
391KB, 1400x1400px
What is your favorite paranormal/creepy/scary podcast?
Last podcast on the left is my fav
>>
>ADVERTISEMENT DETECTED
>>
>>18647424
>Last podcast on the left is my fav
Mine too.
For a "comedy" podcast, it is very well researched.
>>
>>18647441
I was going to add that I do like the comedy aspect of it.
Really love the 3 and 4 part ones
>>
>>18647424
I just listened through all the Lore episodes to date. Deals with folklore, in a very broad sense, from all around the world, both recent and old stories. The guy running it isn't the best narrator (though not bad), but he has a nice voice
>>
Astonishing Legends is pretty good, but I like Last Podcast on the Left a lot more. The comedy aspect really makes it.
>>
>>18647424
Can someone give me the low down on Cabin Boyz? What's their deal?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
>>18647424
Are there any other good ones like this?
>>
>>18647683
>Cabin Boyz
just googled it, seems different
>>
>>18647714
idk been looking for a while
>>
>>18647714
just found this on reddit
reddit.com/r/LPOTL/comments/4h61vy/similar_podcasts_to_lpotl/
>>
Blame It On Outer Space owns but there hasn't been an episode in a while
>>
Last Podcast is awful, it's just a bunch of guys laughing at each other's shitty jokes.
>>
File: image3.jpg (110KB, 509x683px) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
110KB, 509x683px
>>18648389
>Last Podcast is awful, it's just a bunch of guys laughing at each other's shitty jokes.
But they post the exact same image to start a new thread once every 24 hours and then samefag the thread to death praising themselves... that fools all of /x/ into loving them doesn't it?
>>
>>18648395
If anyone wants a podcast with comedy but still keeping the paranormal as the main focus, Those Conspiracy Guys is better in every way
>>
To be quite honest I only listen to Last Podcast on the Left when there are episodes about spooky mythical creatures, or aliens, or bigfoot, or whatever. I can't be bothered listening to serial killer episodes anymore, they are literally all the same.
>>
>>18647424
Welcome to Nightvale
>>
File: 1487045552477.gif (2MB, 238x178px) Image search: [Google]
1487045552477.gif
2MB, 238x178px
Last podcast is my favorite. But my favorite murder is pretty good too.
>>
I sometimes listen to LPotL when I'm out of Mysterious Universe, Higherside Chats, and Paranormies episodes to listen to. It's okay.
>>
>>18647714
Is this detective popcorn!?
>>
>>18647424
Good content, but they ramble too much.
>>
>>18648515
The content is stale, and has been discussed on /x/ a thousand times. I'd like if they talked about something more obscure.
And for the rambling, it's supposed to be spontaneous. Like, three guys go to a pub, share a few beers, and talk about shit. That appeals to me. I like that form, because that's what guys do. Drink, talk shit, and bantz.
>>
>>18648542
I can understand that. I dunno, I guess their sense of humor just doesn't align with mine.
>>
>>18647424
"Unexplained" would be my favourite. He has a calm, smooth voice and delves into some pretty intense paranormal shit. "Where Darkness Plays" was a good episode but really, start from ep 1 and go from there. "Lore" is pretty good too, but not on the same level as Unexplained. "Tanis" and "The Black Tapes" are great for anyone looking for spooky mysteries (fake but presented in a real way). "Astonishing Legends" is good for people wanting an in-depth look at legends and monsters - definitely gives good information
>>
>>18647424
Eeehhh I found it to be too focused on Satan and shit. One episode one of the guys fuckin signs off by hailing him, that's some faggot shit and I don't want any part of it. There's better podcasts out there, for sure
>>
>>18648458
The first few episodes were interesting but the sjw shit really ruined it later on
>>
>>18648515
All of their content is made up of fragments of stuff I've heard other podcasts go far more in-depth into. Try Astonishing Legends, they're pretty info heavy but if you've got time to kill, they give links to all their sources which is helpful
>>
>>18648754
I can't believe you don't recognize the sarcasm. You're the cringe for being bothered by sarcasm you couldn't even grasp.
>>
>>18648763
Ooooh somebody thinks he's edgy
>>
Amy on the radio. She only does 1 show every 3 months so it's easy to catch up
>>
mysteries universe is good, a bit corny at times but they cover a lot of topics.

i also like Mysterious Topics. just some old guys talking paranormal.
>>
>>18647424
LPOTL is great. I listen to the backlog during my daily commute and it's a fucking lifesaver. Favs would be probably the Aum Shinrikyo series (which led me to several books, including the one Murakami wrote after the subway sarin attack), the Horrors of UK, all the UFO episodes. The Listener Stories are a nice change of pace, too. One of the listeners even spawned a separate show, his nickname was Sgt. Goldenthroat or sth.
>>
>>18648439
>I can't be bothered listening to serial killer episodes anymore, they are literally all the same.
You can't really go beyond surface-level interpretation of serial killers when you do a horror-comedy podcast limited to (at most) 90-minute stints. There are books spanning tens of research fields regarding the most notorious heavy-hitters like Bundy, Dahmer, Ian Brady, etc. These guys are just comedians and entertainers.
>>
Ugh this podcast (Last Podcast On the Left) is so fucking cringey. They are so fucking loud and obnoxious, it just seems to be total frat boy humor to me.
Astonishing Legends is good, as with Mysterious Universe.
>>
I'm a fan of Blurry Photos, though Stecco can sometimes come off as trying too hard once in a while. I appreciate them not just being an outlet for the latest guy with a book to do an interview on, though.

Would really like more informational/event focused podcasts, not paranormal news (Which is what I feel Mysterious Universe is more like), interviews (of which there are a ton), stories from one guy involved in one field (again, a fair few are like this), or having not just drunk the kool-aid, but guzzled the pitcher and just decided to go for the antifreeze (sometimes I feel Expanded Perspectives is guilty of this, taking basically everything at face value).
>>
>>18647424

If you haven't checked it out, the Lore podcasts are pretty good.
>>
Henry tries to come off as intelligent now, it's kind of embarrassing and I wish he would just work on the humor element of the show instead of the research.
Ben only cracks Dad jokes with the occasional movie reference from whatever film he's recently watched. Usually it's something from the 80s and doesn't really make sense to what they're talking about.
Marcus tries to pick up some of the slack and still does a good job with research. He is the only one who has progressed over the years.
>>
File: Bizarre-States-500x500.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bizarre-States-500x500.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
Bizarre States is pretty good, with Jessica Chobot. It's on Nerdist.

The Bailey Jay Show rebranded not long ago, and is now about paranormal stuff. Unfortunately, once the novelty of listening to Baily (yes that Bailey) and her husband talk about paranormal stuff wears off it isn't much fun. They also don't put out episodes often.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.png (19KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.png
19KB, 252x252px
Welcome To NightVale is fucking amazing.
>>
>>18651452
>her
>>
>>18647424
aoepod.com
>>
File: 1475995516544.png (410KB, 532x582px) Image search: [Google]
1475995516544.png
410KB, 532x582px
Just started listening to a show called Mysterious Radio. 10/10, although it consists solely of the host interviewing someone on a topic.
Expanded Perspectives forever a best, though. With Astonishing Legends coming in at a close second.
>>18647424
>mfw finally a cryptid episode in a sea of true crime episodes
Wew. The Gulf Breeze episodes were pretty listenable, though.
>>
>Magical Mystery Media
some old dudes being cheeky old dudes. they have a died in the wool tru believer and more skeptical guy. they talk about ephemeral conspiracy happenings and use documentary reviews to facilitate conversations about strange things.

I also LOVE Rune Soup.
if you like magic/philosophy you'll probably find these talks interesting.

other than those two ive been listening to Myths and Legends, not necessarily paranormal, just a guy snarkily retelling mythology and legends from around the world.
>>
>>18651441
>Marcus tries to pick up some of the slack and still does a good job with research. He is the only one who has progressed over the years.
His references are pretty good most of the time. Like bringing up literary figures (Jean Genet comes to mind), some obscure TV stuff, video games. He knows his shit.
>>
https://horrificnetwork.podbean.com/
>>
File: IMG_0213.jpg (106KB, 600x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0213.jpg
106KB, 600x876px
>>18653121
No he doesn't, he's constantly wrong.
Marcus helms the show, but is by far its weakest component. He always says his misinformation with absolute conviction, and never ever corrects himself or issues a retraction. He in fact get pissy if people try to correct them, he'll fall back on "we're not experts!"
Henry and Ben are true media talents, I like their styles a lot, but Marcus is a hack and a climber. He's using them and his autistic fan base to fund his lazy and useless existence.
He always has a new title for himself, "internet slooth" or " radio man" when he doesn't do anything. His "live shows " are just YouTube videos he finds funny and plays for a crowd. His "reasearch" is drinking and getting high while watching YouTube videos or assigning his "research assistants " to do a book report on a subject for him. He showed a rabbit getting killed at one of the shows and was extremely pissy people didn't find it funny.
He's a a faggot "punk" kid that needs to fucking suicide already
Goddamn I hate that kid.
>>
File: 1363365264236.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
1363365264236.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>18648763
>Thinking all that shit is sarcasm
Fuck off
>>
>>18648750

+1 unexplained, I appreciate how it's no nonsense
>>
>>18647424

Is that the one where they are constantly giggling and talking over each other and shit?
>>
>>18653189
Damn, that sounds harsh, but come to think of it, many people on their subreddit (yeah, I know) and Soundcloud call him out on those inaccuracies. But as I said earlier, this is commute material for me, so I don't treat their research as the truth, only as a gateway for later personal inquiry.
>>
>>18653189
he's not Dan Carlin but that's way too harsh an estimation of the guy.
>>
If this podcast could phase out the parts where one host goes off on some theatre geek vortex of unfunny impressions and stop the giggling in the background, it would be an excellent listen.

The research is good and appreciated, also the no holds barred to approaching some subjects other podcasts don't go near.
>>
>>18648754

>too focused on Satan

99.99% of the episodes literally have nothing to do with Satan. you're a fucking retardomung.

it's like you watched every single Star Wars movie and came away with the comment "they spent waaaaayyy too much time explaining the backstory of that abominable snowman thing that caught Luke back on Hoth".
>>
>>18647424
Got some sweet fucking fried chicken recipes from the boogie monster
>>
File: 1310481500822.jpg (36KB, 805x669px) Image search: [Google]
1310481500822.jpg
36KB, 805x669px
>>18654388
Not the anon you replied to, but i can tell you working with him is a nightmare. he's one of those people that thinks just doing his job is above and beyond the call of duty. You're constantly on egg shells, and he's not doing well unless showered with praise.
i dont think it's a stretch to say most of the people there don't like him, i know michael che wants nothing to do with marcus and ed larson and henry are making their exit into actual media. hell, even ben's getting TV spots and may run for office.
the guy is just not reliable.
>>
>>18654928
Yeah he has mental problems or whatever so that probably explains it
>>
Thinking Sideways.
>>
Where Did the Road Go is fun.
>>
>>18655048
Bi-polar, he mentions it in one of the episodes.
>>
>>18653189
Fuck you man I love Marcus. I'm not gonna dedicate a paragraph to it like you did to hating him cause I'm on my phone but Marcus is an important element to that show and a hard worker. I know it's easy to critique and hate but god damn reel it in there you hulking sweaty mouth breather.
>>
>>18656894
IIRC he founded the whole Cave Comedy Radio thing, so there probably wouldn't be LPOTL without him.
>>
>>18654928
If this isn't total bullshit, I can certainly see him having the attitude of a workplace boss despite the relative insignificance of CCR.
Ben and Henry and the round table people have shit to do outside of podcasts, but he doesn't so I can certainly see even their relative minor recent success get to him, especially with all his evident psyche problems.
I can't see him as anything other than someone meaning well doing what he truly loves, and he evidently enjoys reading and compiling information into a structured coherent and enjoyable format.
He does the most actual labour out of any of the greater group
>>
Jesus, I'm kinda shocked that there are people that thing Last Podcast is well researched. Marcus reads a lot and has at least done more work since the early days when it comes to reading up on things, but almost every podcast is factually wrong 5+ times before it's over.

I don't mind because I can easily tell it's more about the entertainment aspect, but there is an air of authority due to how much more detailed and meticulous it's gotten (even if that meticulousness is wasted on bad sources), so I can see why people think it's well researched.
>>
File: 1392580794111.jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1392580794111.jpg
30KB, 500x359px
Jim Harold is the most mature one I've found, but sometimes his guests are duds and only his most recent episodes are free. Mysterious Universe can be outstanding but they try too hard with the bro shit at times and it takes away from the content.

Most of the rest are un-listenable rambling hosted by effeminate manchildren who have no business speaking into a microphone, whose discussions default to "hmm yea whoa that's crazy i guess haha". Just fucking awful.
>>
>>18657036
Jim is fantastic because even with the clearly nutty guests he gives them ample time to explain themselves and asks real questions.
>>
>>18657036

What about John B. Wells, "Caravan to Midnight?"
>>
>>18647424
I like it but the SJW shit gets old.
>>
>>18654928
Do you work at the Creek and the Cave? I bartend in LIC and I'm curious about that spot (do they even still record there?)
>>
>>18657285
how is LPOTL SJW in any way? People like you have degraded that word so much that it's now bereft of meaning.
>>
Realm of the weird is pretty good.
>>
>>18657306
>>18657285

How exactly does "SJW shit" even come up in a program like this?
>>
>>18657848
This is the last podcast (no pun intended) that I'd call "SJW". Drumpfkins get triggered because Henry once remarked how he's not a fan of the current POTUS. But the same Henry makes incredibly offensive (and fucking hilarious) accents of different nationalities every second episode or so.
>>
The paranormies
>inb4 butthurt /x/gag tumblr immigrants
>>
>>18648750
I blew through unexplained once I found it. My only gripe I has was his weird as pronunciation of some words. Other than that I found it very calming. I might check out Tanis or Black Tapes. I'm almost caught up on all my normal casts and will need something to binge listen to at work.
>>
>>18656006
I love Where Did the Road Go but I really wish Seriah would call some of his guests out now and then or confront them on some of their claims.
>>
>>18653189
Are the live shows really just that? I've been waiting for them to come to my city for ages now (Vegas) and they seem to always skip it and hit the same fucking group of cities over and over. However if they don't actually do a show and it's just watching youtube videos as a group I would definitely pass on it.
>>
>>18657298
fuck yeah dude! im in bedford. I think they still record there, i went for a live show last year, was very disappointing. THOUGH I have to say everyone else there is fucking great, funny as hell, holden, amber, cena, ed, kevin, ben, henry, all fucking amazing people, as long as you're not a comedy hole. good burritos too.

>>18658698
Ya dude. here's the one i was at.
i wish it was more like the podcast/ the stream but, w/e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQQ1d3LPYk
>>
>>18658698
>However if they don't actually do a show and it's just watching youtube videos as a group I would definitely pass on it.
From what I've heard they changed the formula because the YouTube thing was getting increasingly negative feedback.
>>
>>18647441
hi marcus
>>
>>18653189
so help me God if Marcus browses here and sees this and it triggers an episode and we get less content because of it I will lose my shit.
>>
>>18648484
Cant listen to Mysterious Universe anymore. Nothing but spiritual author interviews.
>>
>>18648754
Haha, I always wondered if there would be somebody offended by that. There is. It's you.
>>
>>18648782
>edgy

You play with words you don't understand yet you have no excuse not to understand them because they're totally overused. That's sad.
>>
>>18656974
Dude must work his ass off. Props to the man.
>>
>>18656981

They just did 5 episodes on Jack the Ripper, you are saying it's mostly factually wrong?!
>>
>>18660182
>6 episodes for JTR because Marcus is lazy and wanted a month off
> 1 episode on zodiac that's pretty good

Can't let him slack for a second or everything suffers.
>>
>>18660234
The zodiac shit is ancient when they skimmed over everything.
The ripper murders entail reading like 5 fucking books.
He seemingly produces so much stuff and the network will go to shit if he stopped giving a shit
>>
>>18660266
>The ripper murders entail reading like 5 fucking books.
Yeah, they weren't kidding with this whole "Ripperology" thing.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.