[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese moot has said specifically that having one meta thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: 1473960839366.jpg (66KB, 482x451px) Image search: [Google]
1473960839366.jpg
66KB, 482x451px
Japanese moot has said specifically that having one meta thread per board is fine and shouldn't be deleted.

So now that that's out of the way. How are you enjoying /x/ lately? How do you think it could be improved? I'm sorta getting sick of the roleplaying threads and generals.

Everyone just posts in generals making a slow board even slower.
>>
>>18646923
>Everyone just posts in generals making a slow board even slower.

>implying fast is better
What, be like /b/? Have threads zip by a zillion miles per hour? That's good?
>>
shills board sliding with filler threads. normies literally thinking that the most important thing in this world is money. I don't get how normies do it, I guess they are protected with a technique, a barrier of sorts. and no one messes with them.

they're like "lol it dose not exist??? paranormal, take ur meds tinfoil hatter i am a normal persun"
>>
>>18646923
Divination, tarot, palm-reading and other shit should be ejected straight to /fringe/ on 8 ch.
>>
File: skinhead.jpg (44KB, 612x679px) Image search: [Google]
skinhead.jpg
44KB, 612x679px
The only threads that should be allowed are ones on topics I like. All other threads should be deleted before they are posted.
>>
I've never understood this anti general attitude.

If there is enough interest and it isn't just the same things being copy pasted every thread then it's better to have a central discussion than 10 different threads for the same topic.
>>
>>18646955
you make a good point
>>
>>18646994
Generals imply that someone with knowledge on the topic made them.

And they are deviced to focus the discussion, for some reason /x/ topics work better if you don't give people guide lines.

Can you imagine how a succubus general would be?
>>
>>18646994
It's better having 10 different threads every so often than one pointless, eternal thread.
>>
Ive been browsing /x/ for the better part of a decade, off and on.

Generally speaking, much of the shitposting has gotten better than several years ago- but it feels like the quality traffic has significantly died down too.

Overall, its good. Not better than the best days, but not worse than average.
>>
>>18647003
If only we had a "making a good point" general
>>
>>18647013
Generals are good because they keep topics in one place, not spread over ten threads. /div/ is great, I don't like tarot/palmreading/whatever threads -- but hey if it's all in one place it is easy to avoid

total retard topics like flat earth would be better all in one place

And for good topics, like a yet to be made general on how wonderful I am, it makes it easier to find the info on it

WHY generals freak people out is the mystery.
>>
>>18647013
I know what you mean, those type of generals aren't conducive to discussion and it's usually made by some attention whoring tripfag.

I was more talking about generals in the vein of /vg/ threads for topics that come up very often.

For example a while back there was a bigfoot general going that had a lot of good discussion and debate going on for quite some time until interest faded and it died.
>>
>>18647031
people doing readings or whatever belongs in a general, we're a low traffic board though and it might distract them from posting on other threads

flat earth and succubus threads are just the call to shitposting, they'll have a better chance of having actual discussion if people don't know where to find them
>>
Regarding Generals, this >>18647031

As long as they are ON-TOPIC threads that get discussed here FREQUENTLY (divination, nope, dreams, greentext, etc.) then Generals are good. Starting one for a random/obscure or too broad a topic is bad.

>>18647068
>flat earth and succubus threads are just the call to shitposting

Yes, and they should be treated like the shitposts they are, by reporting. Neither Generals nor single threads should be tolerated. But try telling the current janitor that.
>>
File: 1406774677091.jpg (71KB, 660x510px) Image search: [Google]
1406774677091.jpg
71KB, 660x510px
>>18646961
>muh thread isn't constantly on page 1, must be paid conspiracy shills!!!!1 ;_;
>no way it could be people with other interests bumping other things, or shitposters bumping troll threads, no, get your damn logic outta here!!!
>>
>>18646923
>getting sick of the roleplaying threads and generals

I'm tired of the shitposters who barge into succubus and vampire threads and tell us to "take your RP elsewhere." Honestly, if you fuckers can't accept your are on a paranormal board you are the ones who should leave.

Fedoras should just be banned on sight.
>>
this board is unfixable because it's the people that are the problem. Old /x/ was fun, but that was a decade ago, and now the board is filled with people asking how to summon demons and enhance their auras or get rid of curses, and retards actually believing this stuff.
>>
>>18647013
>Can you imagine how a succubus general would be?

We used to have them as late as 2015, check 4plebs if you want to know. But constant shitposting from people not interested in the subject put an end to all decent discussions, which is why we now have random threads usually 2 at the time and no real discussion.
>>
>>18647211
You had serious discussion in succubus threads???

That's freaking paranormal.
>>
File: whatDo -- .jpg (152KB, 1110x792px) Image search: [Google]
whatDo -- .jpg
152KB, 1110x792px
>>
File: 1487460787736.jpg (67KB, 660x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487460787736.jpg
67KB, 660x510px
>>18647151
board sliding filler threads are a thing and you know it.

I won't deny tho I am disappointed when my thread gets past page 5 lol.
>>
>>18647137
>Yes, and they should be treated like the shitposts they are, by reporting. Neither Generals nor single threads should be tolerated. But try telling the current janitor that.

This hostile attitude against one of the most popular topics on /x/ is the reason we never can have good discussions. The more shitposter ruin threads and the more often they get deleted just as they start getting somewhere, the longer it will take for people to get the information they want, and they will stay longer, posting more, and creating more of the threads you don't like. All you're doing is making it worse for yourself. Succubus threads are not going away, the more you persecute something popular the more persistant it gets.

I for one will not go away (and I'm on an alternating IP so you can't ban me either).
>>
>>18647218

see for yourself

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/15906496/
>>
It's been awhile /x/, I've been over at /pol/, enjoying some meme majock. So this board has turned into roleplaying?
>>
>>18647232
Well it's alot better than what we have today.

I made one just to see what happened and some anons wanted to bang my bunghole.
>>
>>18646923
It's kinda like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ra2rVTuiov4
>>
>>18647235

It's turned into europe, lots of people from a completely differetn culture has swarmed in here and they call everything they don't believe in RP and want it gone, because they have never experienced anything paranormal themselves and can't imagine it is real.

>tl:dr
>millenials think /x/ is /b/ with skeletons
>>
>>18646975
Agreed.
>>
While i do love a good conspiracy theory thread, the majority of them belong in /pol/ IMO
>>
>>18647250
Infiltration. Getting a lot of that on /pol/ too. Not surprised, they are probably sliding the good threads.
>>
File: 1449860697007.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449860697007.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>18647224
Except no they're not, you delusional fuck. When you have as many users as 4chan does, no thread is going to stay on page 1 for long unless it's a stick or has half the board posting in it constantly. The only time good threads "deliberately" get bumped off is when there's an influx of spam and shitposting. Put aside your tinfoil and persecution complex for a moment and try to see logic.
>>
>>18647201
It's all obvious shitposting and you know it.

>>18647229
>This hostile attitude against one of the most popular topics on /x/ is the reason we never can have good discussions.

No, your "how do i get my dick wet this is ttly paranormal rite" threads are the reasons we can't have good discussions.

>I for one will not go away (and I'm on an alternating IP so you can't ban me either).

Thanks for admitting you are cancer and dedicated to shitting up /x/ even further. Kill yourself.
>>
>>18646923
I'm fucking tired of multiple and constant threads of

>muh tarot
>muh demon invocagayshion
>muh schyzophrenia #theyfollowme
>muh role playing ask me w/e
>post yo eye I read u future

For fucks sake, make generals of those, not 5 threads per minutes. Make stickys for your threads instead of repeating every fucking thread. (Don't your mongrel brains ever get tired of the same thing over and over? Bring something new to the table, be creative)

I miss the old x. The one with no faggots. I used to come here for serial killer suspense stories, ghosts, talking about demons but not like faggots that talk about killing their chickens, talking about weird events, writing your own creepy pasta (but the gud ones like the rain grandpa) and inviting /lit/ and dare them to scare us, scary book thread generals, aliums but again, not like fucking faggots that start talking about reptilians and pizzagate all together like fucking schyzos, government conspiracies, good old scary tv shows, folk from other countries.

And real life stories and experiences, those always get ruined by trolls and mods don't move to erase them and ban them.

I remember more creative threads, like when an anon asked "has there ever been a killer in your family or near you?, someone that you know of?" That thread and all the stories were pretty good

And that's that. I like stories I guess but maybe I am a grandpa for this new tasteless edgy x that has people reading fucking cards and eyes and hands and feet like stupid
>>
If I could kick a kind of poster it would be fags who think they are being cryptic and cool by posting random senseless shit and the retards who reply to them
>>
>>18647298
>For fucks sake, make generals of those, not 5 threads per minutes.

Half of those belong in /div/, but try enforcing that. They whine about how their thread is *special* and can't be put in a general.

>I miss the old x. The one with no faggots.

I'm sorry, that one never existed.

>>18647304
This please. I mean, how hard is it to at least say you're starting an ARG or puzzle thread? They all have to act 2deep&mysterious4u because they can write something in ROT13 or hide easter eggs in image files.
>>
>>18647304
>If I could kick a kind of poster it would be fags who think they are being cryptic and cool by posting random senseless shit and the retards who reply to them

That is so autistic. If YOU don't understand something then Godamn it! Will not ignore! Get pissed off!! And NO ONE else better respond to it!!
>>
>>18647324
>complains about complaining in a meta thread
>gets mad at people getting mad
>>
>>18647322
>I mean, how hard is it to at least say you're starting an ARG or puzzle thread?

Threads that start with binary code are dumb, but really? If they started with "This is a puzzle" then the binary you'd be all OK with it? You can't tell it's a stupid puzzle without a label?
>>
Trying to get over someone I was in love with who is indifferent to me. It's very hard. I have had people be in love with me but never feel it back, then he comes along and suddenly I have this overwhelming obsessive feeling. I just want it to go away.
>>
>>18647322
Too funny.

In this thread we have have people that hate threads labeled as 'general this' or 'general that' AND people that want every thread to be labeled so they can figure what it is they're hating.
>>
>>18647340
>>18647346
You're missing the point. These threads look like spam, usually with some heavily shopped picture and shit like

239ABA5697F4G .../-/-..*.. derpderp "We are waiting"

It doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look stupid. Having an actual subject or explanation probably wouldn't make it much better, but might show they are at least willing to make an effort to communicate and explain their little "game" instead of pretending to be illuminati lizardmen looking for recruits on a Taiwanese picture board.
>>
>>18647287

>I have no reading comprehension, PS I'm a rude fucker
>>
>>18647409
>>I have no reading comprehension

Hi, Pot!

>PS I'm a rude fucker

Welcome to 4chan, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>18647468

Random "kill yourself" posting belong on /b/, this is just part of what is ruining /x/. The poster missed the point completely.

I said
>>18647229
>The more shitposter ruin threads and the more often they get deleted just as they start getting somewhere, the longer it will take for people to get the information they want, and they will stay longer, posting more, and creating more of the threads you don't like. All you're doing is making it worse for yourself. Succubus threads are not going away, the more you persecute something popular the more persistant it gets.

and this anon
>>18647287
keeps doing exactly that

We did have good succubus threads before people like him showed up, see
>>18647232

Therefore, he is a rude fucker with no reading comprehension. I'm merely stating objective facts here.
>>
>>18646975
>/x/
>paranormal
>beyond the scope of scientific, normal understanding

>divination
>seeking knowledge of future or the unknown by supernatural means

>supernatural
>paranormal

Here's your "You"
>>
>arguing about 4chan problems

Someone needs a bigger perspective on life.
>>
I miss the way /x/ was a few years ago sure there were roleplay tjhreads but they were either interesting or someone would just give the not paranormal stamp and derail the thread there were lots of weird surreal and obscure games being posted as well as websites and youtube videos whatever happened to them anyway? Now all we do is repost tulpa shit from /fringe/ for some reason despite us being the first to actively discuss it I hope this newfag shit goes away I miss back when we werent getting our ideas and revelations stolen from /pol/
>>
>>18647782
The roleplay threads did used to be more entertaining, yes. Usually because the good ones put in actual effort instead of talking cryptic bullshit about how they're a living god or a vampire hunter or member of the illuminati. Not all, but most, of the good old roleplayers didn't need their egos and e-dicks stroked as much as the new ones do.

Regarding "tulpa" stuff, it's a misunderstood/misinterpreted concept to begin with; now people are just using it as an excuse to shitpost about making an imaginary friend or waifu.
>>
>>18646923
Get rid of flat earth threads and this place would be a lot comfier
>>
Bumpu~~
>>
Don't forget virgins who want sex with ghosts tulpas..
>>
>>18649453
Exactly. Basically the same type of pathetic /r9k/ tier basement-dwellers that frequent the succubus threads or post their wet dreams in the dream threads and ask for interpretation.
>>
File: tumblr_m325lrnSfr1qf3hns.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m325lrnSfr1qf3hns.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>18647766
>>
>>18647203
This
Also there's not enough original creepypasta
It's always ironic "funny" le skinwalker or it's rehashed stories
>>
The only problem I've seen on /x/ for years and years is the fact that most people would rather bitch and piss and moan about seeing threads they don't like than posting threads they do like.
>>
>>18646991
/x/ in a nutshell.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.