[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This happened to my fiancé and I in the winter of 2013: We

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: polar vortex 14.jpg (78KB, 736x611px) Image search: [Google]
polar vortex 14.jpg
78KB, 736x611px
This happened to my fiancé and I in the winter of 2013:

We were doing a cross country road trip going from Denver to the north east, driving on interstate 76, near Sterling, it was late night and really damn cold outside, this was during the polar vortex. If you've never driven that road, it is supremely unpopulated, a really desolate road especially at that time of the year. My fiancé was driving at the time, and I noticed a single headlamp about a quarter of a mile behind us.

This normally wouldn't be strange, but what really freaked us out was that whenever we approached a street light, the headlamp would turn off, as if whoever was driving did not want to be seen. This continued to happen all the way into Nebraska; I truly feel as if whoever was doing this had nefarious intentions.

TBC
>>
Pt 2

Another thing to note about the headlamp, is that to my best knowledge it appeared to be an older motorcycle headlamp, I thought as such because when turning off, it would take a handful of seconds to fully turn off. It really freaked us the fuck out. I'm former military, I normally would have a firearm in the car, but my weapon would not be legal where we were headed, so I opted to bring a collapsible baton.

It felt like whoever was doing this was deliberately fucking with us. I told my fiancé to slow the car down by slipping it into neutral so that our brake lights would not indicate that we were deliberately decelerating. Even while doing this, the vehicle following us continued to maintain a constant distance of about a quarter mile behind us.

Some time after being in Nebraska, it stopped and we continued our journey east. We tried to laugh it off, and I remember specifically saying "wouldn't it be weird if it happened again on our way back?" Mind you, we were spending a week in the north east.

TBC
>>
>>18641668
Pt 3

One of the most baffling parts of this ordeal was the fact that it appeared to be a motorcycle headlamp, and it felt WAY too cold to be riding a motorcycle at that time of year for that amount of time, in the winter as well as the dead of night.

The drive back was infinitely worse than the first drive across the country. The polar vortex was really fucking us hard; I have never seen more overturned 18 wheelers in my life, the whole journey was white knuckle driving. And on top of it the day we were getting back into town I was supposed to be present for jury duty. The drive was 23 hours and because of the storm it tacked on another dozen hours bc of road conditions.

I was driving this leg of the journey across Iowa-Nebraska-NE Colorado, and we were both pushing our bodies to the limit as far as caffeine intake so we wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel.

My fiancé was sleeping and all of a sudden it started happening again. I yelled to her "IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN", the pucker factor was fucking real. We immediately called the police, and of course because it's BFE in the middle of nowhere the closest trooper was about 30 minutes out.

The headlamp just as before kept turning off near any source of light. The police advised that we continue to the closest service station to wait for the trooper to meet up with us.

Of fucking course the service station happened to close their business a handful of months before this ordeal happened.

It was way too fucking cold for someone to be riding a motorcycle, and I couldn't imagine someone driving a car by the light of a single bulb lamp. At this point we definitely felt that we were in the middle of a horror film...

TBC
>>
>>18641689
Pt4

We sat at the defunct service station for probably 20-30 minutes before the trooper came. We were practically shitting ourselves, having no fucking clue whatsoever/who was following us.

Mind you, the exact same headlamp that was following us on our way east, the same one following us on our way west, around the same hours. I truly feel that if they were doing this to us again, this must not have been an isolated incident, ie: we were not the first vehicle that this individual/persons have followed/done their best to remain unseen.

We told the trooper what was happening, and he said that they were going to send another couple cars out to try to find whoever was doing this.

I shit you not, the moment we pulled back on the road the headlamp/vehicle was following us again. We freaked out and called the police again, and they made us stay on the phone with them while they looked along the highway. This meant one thing: whoever was following us definitely knew we called the police and stopped and waited for us, and was watching us the whole time we were at the service station.

TBC
>>
>>18641705
dude I remember that case about a couple that decided to travel and was killed by a psycho, he was murdered fast and she was chained in a metal container where she died from starvation, the psycho just used the laptop to post shit in his fb and finally got captured
>>
Lol dude, those lights have a sensor in them - they switch off during the day and when headlights hit them.
>>
>>18641717
Still though, the same thing happening a week apart and seems to wait for them is kind of suspicious.
>>
>>18641705
PT5

North east Colorado really is a desolate place.

At this point our nerves were completely shot, and the snow was picking up again as we made it closer to anything resembling civilization. We ended up crossing into a new police jurisdiction and having to relay what was going on was becoming increasingly more frustrating/mentally exhausting. Whoever it was was still following us. The police had us pull into the parking lot of a Walmart, and about 15 minutes before we got there, it stopped.

I have no clue who/what was following us. We can't be the only ones this has happened to. I have no idea how/where to look for answers about this, so I figured I'd post it here.

I am not joking or making any of this up. I haven't been that terrified in my life.
>>
>>18641716
Are you fucking kidding me?! Do you have any sources/info about this?
>>
>>18641725
All I know about this sort of thing is a story my mum told me one time while I was living in the west of Ireland. Maybe not as desolate as American deserts, but civilization there is sparse.

She said she was followed on the way home from Galway City to where we lived - a good 45 minute or so drive. She managed to shake them by pulling into a driveway quickly and killing the lights and they seemed to drive past her without noticing.

As I said, civilization is sparse and it's super unlikely you'll be following anyone for any length of time so as to pull on to the exact same tiny country lane as them 45 minutes out of town, so she was understandably spooked.

There's some fucked up people out there, glad you got through that safe and sound, OP.
>>
>>18641730
http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/mystery-over-missing-couple-deepens-after-creepy-facebook-posts/news-story/966abba999eb078c5208cfb5bd008050

just search charlie david and kayla, that is some fucked up story
>>
>>18641730
wait, she survived, well, the thing is that she was in a container
>>
>>18641751
That's fucking nuts, I have no clue how I haven't seen this before now.

I watched Cropsey for the first time the other day and since then what happened to us in NE/CO has been at the forefront of my mind again. I still have a really awful gut feeling that something absolutely awful could have happened to us/has happened to other persons on that stretch of road.

I really fucking wish I had a firearm with me then. Makes me wonder what would have happened if I let a few rounds go in their direction.

I've been deployed to combat zones and that shit felt like a trip to Disney land compared to those nights on the road...
>>
>>18641652
>pic
OMG, americans, you're really the pussiest whiny boo-hoo-mommy-i'm-cold nation on Earth. Check this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oymyakon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verkhoyansk
>−67.8 °C
>>
I had something similar happen. Little less creepy, but I was driving up the western coast of Michigan, from Grand Rapids to the bridge, and I stopped in Empire for the night and stayed with a friend.
As I'm leaving Empire, I notice this pristine late 70s Bronco behind me. Fucking -rare- in Michigan.
I saw the same Bronco everywhere I stopped, all the way up to Sault St. Marie. Scared the shit out of me. Eventually I floored it on an empty stretch of highway and lost them.
>>18641831
You're retarded.
That's the norm there. People are prepared for it. People on Texas don't generally experience 20° weather.
>>
>>18641831

boo fucking whoo you whiny one upping motherfuck. I used to be stationed in similar places (Svalbard, an island archipelago north of Norway, McMurdo Sound Antarctica, Fort Greely Alaska...)

Nobody asked for your fucking opinion. Yes, Russia gets really fucking cold, congratulations, thanks for contributing to the thread, dweeb.
>>
>>18641871
Fuck that noise. Really fucking scary thinking about all the weird shit that people do that goes under the radar.
>>
>>18641741
Big up Galway
>>
>>18641652
I walked 3 miles to buy weed in the polar vortex lmao. To be 17 again..
>>
>>18642162
That's kinda how I felt when we got to the northeast. I was living in Denver at the time working in that industry when it recreational weed was rolled out. Nebraska legit wanted to sue Colorado for "flooding Nebraska with illegal marijuana transported over the border. I usually go through a zip a month. Trying to find good weed when we got to where we were going felt near impossible. Made me feel like I just drove 23 hours to get an 1/8th of shitty dirtweed from someone super sketchy lolol
>>
>>18642211
I forgot to mention, because of how militant Nebraska was/is regarding it, just like not bringing a firearm that would have been illegal where we went was also in the same boat as bringing even a few bowlpacks worth of weed with us on the trip. Especially in conjunction with what we went through on the road, not having anything to chief was a huge bumout :P
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.