[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get involved in a cult. Where would I go about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: newage.jpg (109KB, 630x331px) Image search: [Google]
newage.jpg
109KB, 630x331px
I want to get involved in a cult. Where would I go about finding such a group?
>>
>>18634962
A political headquarters most cities have them.
>>
>>18634962
Honestly the best way is to start your own, it's reasonably easy to do and maintain if you keep your ideas small and realistic. You'll have a couple of problems getting in to existing cults if you're only doing it for shits and giggles because by and large being a cult member is boring as fuck if you don't really believe it.
>>
File: Nithyananda.png (178KB, 585x750px) Image search: [Google]
Nithyananda.png
178KB, 585x750px
>>18634962

Nithyananda.org
https://www.youtube.com/user/LifeBlissFoundation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOkOAbqyQyc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63q9YGwG2A
>>
>>18634984
I was thinking I'd want to have a sort of ancient aliens theme if I started one myself, but where would I find people willing to believe such utter rubbish?

I'm really interested in the whole charismatic side of cults, and would like to be involved in that sort of interaction which we don't have in our daily lives.
>>
>>18634962
>>/mlp/ maybe
>>
>>18634999
you're about 50 years too late to jump on that train and have people chomping at the bit to join you. You can always start with something closer to normality and slowly introduce you ancient aliens theme over time though. Protracted introduction of a theme starting with smaller references to it in every day life makes it more believable to the followers.

The charisma side is how most cults, particularly smaller ones that are single leader focused works. Do you think you can pull off being the charismatic one or would you like to bask in it/dissect it?
>>
>>18635018
Well I'd like to be involved in the following of a charismatic cult leader, more for basking than dissection. Meeting the sort of people who join cults would be an added bonus; it would be enthralling to watch people becoming ideologically intoxicated until their entire world has been transformed through language games.
>>
>>18634962
Just why?
>>
>>18635046
I read Crime and Punishment and want to see it in real life.
>>
>>18635022
Cults operate far more effectively on a face to face level if they're led through charisma, look for listings for smaller churches that have odd names or don't specify a demonisation. Also keep an eye out for local advertisements that are offering to help better your life and list community halls or similar such venues as addresses.
>>
>>18635084
>demonisation

Too much /x/, I meant denomination
>>
>>18635084
Thanks for the tips, I've signed up for this rainbowfamilyhaven.net for the time being which should hopefully yield some fruit.
>>
Hey, cult maker expert ITT, I really need your advices. Are you accessible by email or something?
>>
>>18635099
The Rainbow Family is not really a cult. They're too stoned to be that organized. They don't even have central leadership as far as I know.
>>
>>18635597
Are we starting a cult around this cult expert guy from /x/?
>>
>>18635663
Yeah, I heard /x/ likes cults...
>>
>>18635597
No email, sorry

>>18635663
You could probably start a cult on /x/ with the right ARG. Would take a lot of build up and time investment to do it right.
>>
>>18635738
Ok, advices here? What can you recommend as first steps, first few recruitments? This is a real bottleneck here, as having 5-10 local people on my side will make the whole thing way easier. You said this is easy to do.
>>
>>18635762
If we're in a situation where you don't believe the teachings then it's all about what you're offering. You're essentially a salesman and with any product it's about finding your market. What we know is that every niche, every fetish has its advocates and given a large enough canvassing area your brand of enlightenment will too. What you need to do is be where the people who are most likely to want to join you are when they need you the most and offer what you have in a way that's enticing rather than frightening or confrontational to their current beliefs.

For example introduction should be complimentary to their lifestyle, you should never say 'denounce christ' but rather 'extend your relationship with God', offering them expansion and broadening of their horizons initially without the fear of closing doors on friends or loved ones.

Think of the specifics of your cult, what it offers differently, how it's teachings can offer alternative and better paths in times of grief, hardship loneliness etc. These are the times when peoples faith in their existing products sway, when they're unhappy with them for being faulty or not providing the service they expect and that's when they're likely to shop around for alternatives.
>>
>>18635874
I do believe the teachings, which does not exclude having a strategy. That's what the cults are all about, heh.

The thing is, I want to do it very smoothly. Pretty sure I'll stick with scientologyish "improve your social life" kind of approach. That's a huge niche for now, but PR it too aggressively, and it will be too suspicious.

Worse than that, the whole thing really needs a strong spine, several really hardworking people that can be trusted with the intrinsic mechanics. Because as I see it, the whole idea of any cult is to outnumber its follower. One guy can't "better the life" of five guys, it works the other way.
>>
>>18635874
How about the Manson style approach? You know, 10 qts hanging on my every word and ready to kill for me at the drop of a hat. How would I go about that?
>>
>>18635958
The stronger your spine the more your inner circle needs to know of you, or at least the you that you've created to be this leader, which you'll have to essentially live as. What you're asking from them is to become part of an elite and they expect something in return for their dedication. You must offer them yourself as you can't offer them in stellar travel or eternal life but if you can give them a glimpse of the knowledge process that drives your movement it will feel like insight in to some greater machinations if presented right.
>>
>>18636007
The dilemma is, it's really hard to stick together an inner circle before building an outer circle, but it's even harder to start building the latter without the "spine". It's doable, but I just can't see what's "easy" about it.
>>
File: image.png (69KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
69KB, 600x700px
>>18634962
smoke meth and hail Satan
>>
Also, if any of you has about 3 sympathetic RL friends, is not an edgelord, want to explore a cult mentality and change the world for better (and get small profit from it in the distant future) and to bear through my terrible english, you may always email me at [email protected] and we will devise something from there. RL work is really crucial, so it'll not go with the basement dwellers. Don't really think any /x/philes will meet all these criteria, but trying is good enough. OP sounds really inspiring.
>>
>>18636022
It takes time, it can take a very long time, because ultimately you're hoping that you and someone else align in time, proximity and viewpoint. When you do though it is easy, like a relationship. And then when there's two of you it's far easier to gain a third because your knowledge of who what where when to find the right people has just doubled and you've got someone who is in this relationship with you and evangelising it as such, legitimising it completely.

It is, however, easier if you're in it for nefarious reasons and you know it's all bullshit because in those early days your product is malleable to what potential members want and you can adjust just to draw them in.
>>
>>18636067
That's essentially what I'm doing, excluding the "easier" part. Thanks, the advice about finding people in the time of their need will probably help us a lot.
>>
>>18636104
Then you'll be fine. Good luck, have patience, be nice
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.