[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /x/'s thoughts on Santa Claus? I know that seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: o-SANTA-CLAUS-LIST-facebook.jpg (319KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-SANTA-CLAUS-LIST-facebook.jpg
319KB, 2000x1000px
What are /x/'s thoughts on Santa Claus?

I know that seems like a ridiculous question, but I think it's worth considering. It seems to me that if you strip away all the commercial ornamentation, there's the core of an idea in Santa that is /x/-related. There's also the idea that the myth of him has been around a long time, and may have some basis in fact.

He's described as an "elf," too, so he may have some connection to fairies and other Good Folk.
>>
>>18633012
I like the Dresden files explanation, it's surprisingly good. Odin, seeing that his influence on the world is failing, creates this persona/aspect/mantle so he doesn't die of oblivion.
>>
>>18633012
I think he's fake. In fact I think Santa is something the government made up so people can spend money on the holidays. How many people you know spend money on Christmas? Probably a lot and how much do they spend? A lot.

Why do we need to buy gifts on a holiday that is supposed to be Christ related? Isn't that kind of contradicting? Why not just spend time with your family without spending money?

It's all a plan to enslave the citizens.
>>
>>18633039
>Why do we need to buy gifts on a holiday that is supposed to be Christ related? Isn't that kind of contradicting?
Nope. Since the kings/wise men from all around the world went to see Jesus and bring gifts to him, and we all are connected to Jesus, we are all Jesus, and we need to be gifted the same way.
>>
>>18633054
Isn't the love of your family and being alive enough? That itself is a gift. You sound like a shill to me. You're a Santa shill, a shill for fucking Santa
>>
>>18633069
Maybe he's one of Santa's helper elves
>>
>>18633069
Wish I was a fucking shill, I'd get paid for this shit. Fuck, I'm not even christian of any denomination. I just gave an opinion.
And yes, I get your point, but there is a sort of ritual in christmas giving. It's magic. Shit, I rember all the gifts I got for every christmas, even the fucking socks. They are magical.
>>
>>18633092
>CHRISTMAS IT'S MAGICAL¡¡¡¡¡

>REEEEEEEEEEEE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQ1PCP6B0
>>
>>18633098
Are you saying that it isn't? It is an enpowered ritual, that's what it is.
>>
>>18633092
I see your point.
>>
>>18633012
I'll give you my honest thoughts. Santa is as real as you make him or allow him. I have on Christmas Eve asked for special things in prayers before bed. It's not every year or even every other and for me they aren't mundane requests. Questions such as being able to see my friend for a short while that died in an avalanche back in 96 or my dad who died in 14 or my beautiful Sarah who fell to cancer. You get the idea. I make sure it's something I really want or I don't ask and each time I've resigned myself to it, it's happened in my dream that night.
>>
>>18633012

Was cool until I grew enough neurons to realize my parents put all the crappy presents under the tree, and the mall santa was just a creepy fat guy.
>>
>>18633012
Worthless lazy drunk with good pr.
>>
https://medium.com/the-mission/santa-the-siberian-reindeer-shaman-4530ef268388#.3480e866k
>>
File: tumblr_m7su71Uaay1rqbxoyo1_5001.jpg (88KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7su71Uaay1rqbxoyo1_5001.jpg
88KB, 480x720px
>>18633012
Santa Claus is a Vampire. Look to the old Vampire rules, He is invited in by children's letters, Immortal, Only goes out at night
His choice of a living area is the North Pole. Nights last for 6 months there.
>>
Santa is a pedophile vampire who is sustained by milk and cookies, and enjoys children shitting on his lap.

Protip: that's not a candy cane in his pants.
>>
>>18633012
>become a deity only children believe in
>parents indoctrinate their children to believe for fun
>live forever

People turn away from religious deities all the time, children are reluctant to give up santa. It's genius.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.