[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about post modern philosophy. Is language a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 1487072258303.jpg (2MB, 1638x3452px) Image search: [Google]
1487072258303.jpg
2MB, 1638x3452px
Let's talk about post modern philosophy.

Is language a virus form outer space?

It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.
>>
There's an evil virus that's threatening mankind
Not state of the art, a serious state of the mind
The muggers, the backstabbers, the two faced elite
A menace to society, a social disease

Rape of the mind is a social disorder
The cynics, the apathy one-upmanship order

Watching beginnings of social decay
Gloating or sneering at life's disarray
Eating away at your own self esteem
Pouncing on every word that you might be saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zofmtt_8oQ
>>
I deeply enjoy post-modern philosophy.

what books would people recommend?
>>
>>18632312
How post modern do you want it?

I have from habbermas to the sychotics ramblings of a street hobo.

Personally I like my post modernism from obscure pop culture, it tends to be more intelectually honest.
>>
>>18632364
what level woke you on?
>>
File: 1737_626x516.jpg (91KB, 443x500px) Image search: [Google]
1737_626x516.jpg
91KB, 443x500px
>>18632399
Just your regular passer by.
>>
>>18632430
can you drop some of those schizo hobo ramblings on us please?
>>
>>18632457
Starting with a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2UCqL5qyo

Then a hobo beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sAkyx22PE

And a personal friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02wV8xX_-s8
>>
>>18632280
As an english wizard waste-of-oxygen loser, I've found the trick relies on making them mold your words into their beliefs, not bamboozling them into them from the start.

It may be a virus in the sense of programming, in how eager we are to get behind ideologies that represent only 51% of our core beliefs instead of the 49%, without considering maybe the second leads to further betterment.
>>
File: Aq6LvB.gif (509KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Aq6LvB.gif
509KB, 480x270px
>>18632481
nice, now can I get some post modern form obscure pop culture?
>>
File: Planetary_by_Warren_Ellis.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary_by_Warren_Ellis.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>18632498
Of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSimbyS_YlA
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>18632509
are you programmed to speak in riddles?
>>
File: 1486514977340.jpg (215KB, 480x623px) Image search: [Google]
1486514977340.jpg
215KB, 480x623px
>>18632529
Well, I AM a postmodernist after all.
>>
>>18632509
don't get it.

I think I'll write some post modern myself.
>>
I often fantasize about leveraging the power of hollywood on the real world.

surrounding VIPs with towns worth of actors who fake their way through their jobs like a truman show.
Or faking entire world events with hordes of hired actors.
Or protests done by professionals who don't care at all about what they are protesting.

I'm sure there are all kinds of amazing things you can do with blending hollywood and real life.

imagine half of the population of a particular town were all actors form hollywood and they were all acting out their roles. Simulation and simulacrum.
>>
File: youcankeepthis.jpg (40KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
youcankeepthis.jpg
40KB, 564x564px
>>18632541
To be honest, it's all about the presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3S8s4DVgWw

People are in big confusion
They don't like their constitutions
Everyday they draw conclusions
And they're still prepared for war
Some can say what's ineffective
Some make up themselves attractive
Build up things they call protective
Well your life seems quite bizarre
>>
>>18632557
still don't get it.
>>
>>18632581
In the sky a mighty eagle
Doesn't care 'bout what's illegal
On its wings the rainbow's light
It's flying to eternity

>It's simple really.

What you know alters what you are.

Information it's a medium but at the same time an object, some people thinks that started with Einstein relativism, but moral relativism has a long date before that.

Obvious referent it's Nietzche, he proposed a post-morality, considering the unavoidable true, that God as moral imperative has ceased to work and a new morality was coming from the east, so he appealed to Zoratrianism, that had been succesful in preventing the advance of eastern philosophy in the west.

Then Zaratustra walked down the mountains, and talked against the Ascetic and the hermetic.

All went rolling to this day, that has never been stoped, realism/positivism/materialism have been defeated since the Hume days and maybe even before that.

Same reason atheism has a limited fanbase.
>>
>>18632618
I think philosophy is all pretty useless really. aside form deciding morality and forming the basis of law.
>>
>>18632708
This it's going to be a little personal, but bear with me.

Back in the days I was a young kid that wanted to be a therapist, so I studied in a shitty university, wich only advantage it's that they let me see patients in the first year, this it's completely irresponsible, but my university was shitty.

So I wanted this people to be sane, and I was confronted by questions, like:

It's reality a simulation?

I had a minimal background in Descartes so I quoted his genie story, where a magical being keeps him in permanent virtual reality, and his sense are magically manipulated to believe that the world it's real.

Therefore his only proof of his own existance was the material prescence of his own toughts.

Cogito Ergo Sum.

This worked somehow, so I consulted local philosopher, a red haired metal head, that intrduced me to 4chan and never smiled unless something bad happened to someone else.

One of the best human beings I ever meet.

From there it was a long journey from the classics to russian XXth century logicists.

My honest opinion about it, it's that all works if you are capable of reading it.

They directly tell you, think this way and this happens, and they narrate you why, in detail.
>>
>>18632752
so your way of thinking affects how you behave resulting in different things happening in your life.

why'd you tell me the story about the therapy and the metal head?
>>
>>18632768
Context.

It's not just the way you think, it's also the way it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcrnTloyLPI
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.