[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need someone to vent to about a troublesome series of events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: big.jpg (48KB, 593x400px)
big.jpg
48KB, 593x400px
I need someone to vent to about a troublesome series of events that happened 20 years ago.
The film expressed in the graphic was bought for me when I was 4 years old. My Grandmother bought it for me, I was a fan of Sesame Street and I appreciated the gift. The film sat well with me for the majority of the running time; the credits, however, set me off because of how unnerving they were.
I lived in a house where I suspect paranormal activity occured, my uncle, who's name is not going to be disclosed in this reading, committed suicide in my bedroom on an unknown date.
The correlation between this film and several paranormal happenings I experienced while being a resident of my childhood home makes it difficult for me to associate with Sesame Street merchandise and other related items.
Furthermore, it is to my knowledge that there is a correlation between specific nightmares and sleeping with specific dolls such as a Cookie Monster doll.

It bothers me to this day, I was unable to communicate my frustrations with my parents at the time because of my young age. Can anybody relate to this?
>>
File: Puzzle_place.jpg (205KB, 500x397px)
Puzzle_place.jpg
205KB, 500x397px
>>18625821
Nobody can relate because you havent really told us what the fuck you are talking about. Be specific OP, Im interested. What was frightening about the credits and what does that have to do with your uncle's suicide? As a kid I was terrified of puppets particularly Julie from the Puzzle Place no idea why
>>
File: snuffleupagus.png (545KB, 505x737px) Image search: [Google]
snuffleupagus.png
545KB, 505x737px
I would have a recurring nightmare as a kid and see Mr. Snuffleupagus slowly walking towards me in a dark hallway. At first he would be veiled in shadow, but after the first couple times having the dream I knew he was there. Slowly he would shuffle forward and I would see his face. But he was different from on the show, he had these horrible squinting yellow eyes and a dead snarling mouth. As a kid you believe puppets and cartoons are real living creatures, but even as a small child I knew this thing in my dream was made of cloth and wood. That reality was scarier than if it had been a living monster, because I knew someone had built this lifeless puppet and yet it was crawling of its own volition towards me in the dark and I couldn't get away.

I would always wake up before it got me, but the last few times I had the dream it got very close, to the point I could stare deep into its stained mustard eyeball, at the black pinprick of a pupil that looked back at me. I never told anyone about the dreams because I thought the evil Snuffleupagus would become real and come find me. I knew it was something horrid because on the show the real Snuffleupagus was nice and friendly looking. It wasn't until years later, when the internet became so common place, that I discovered the original version of Snuffleupagus was in fact the horrible thing I saw in my nightmares for years. I never one time as a child saw that thing on TV. It was always the nice, friendly version.

How the fuck did my childhood mind dredge that monster out of the collective unconscious of childhood terror, just to torture me as a kid and scare the shit out of me again as a teenager on the computer?
>>
>>18626139
You're a pussy lmao it's just a dream, people have dreams about real life traumatic events that happen that they have to be live and you're complaining about scary puppets
>>
>>18626139
You are the one true big bird able to see snuffleupagus's true form! Use this power wisely friend, lest it devours you.
>>
bump for more details from OP
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.