[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, So I will drop the hyperbole and just share this experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: unnamed (1).jpg (29KB, 747x747px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
29KB, 747x747px
Ok, So I will drop the hyperbole and just share this experience with you.

>Stuck on an airplane with nothing to do
>Decide to try meditating, its been forever since i last tried
>After a few minutes of clearing my mind and focusing, Im able to feel a pressure build up inside of me.
>Soon Im able to push and pull the pressure all around and my body as well as in/out of it.
>As I am meditating, I shift my hands around until every fingertip on my left hand is pressed up against its counterpart on my right.
>Notice Im able to move this pressure around easier when I do this.
>>
File: Sigil Template.jpg (830KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sigil Template.jpg
830KB, 1200x1200px
>>18625035
>As I meditate, certain shapes/patterns begin to come to mind.
>2 overlapping circles
>5 points connected by one focal point
>A crescent moon
>A sense of forward momentum

>These patterns keep coming to me even after I stop meditating. I cant get them out of my mind
>The next day at work I try to piece all these shapes together into one image.
>After a bit of sketching and revising, I come up with a good idea of what i had in mind.
>Get home, create this image in photoshop
2/4
>>
File: Sigil 2.jpg (285KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigil 2.jpg
285KB, 1500x1500px
>>18625056
>Not quite satisfied with it. Doesn't feel exactly right.
>Spend a few hours or so tweeking it around while Im bored at work.
>Finally, settle on this revision, (which I later finalize in Adobe Illustrator.)
>Study this image; it has a tendency to "tickle" my brain for lack of a better word, like when you look at an optical illusion or something.
>Looking at the image makes me feel more focused/aware in some hard to articulate way.
3/4
>>
File: unnamed.png (332KB, 421x747px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
332KB, 421x747px
>>18625063
>Later on throughout the day, I realize the symbol I created matches up with the way I was placing my hands together
>My 5 Fingers are the 5 points.
>The one that is on the far side that is connected to all of them is my thumb
>The 4 remaining points on the other side make up a semi circle that resembles a crescent moon
>The 2 Circles overlap, just like my 2 hands when I bring them together.

I know this isn't some crazy ass cryptid experience or anything like that, but it just seems like something some of you guys would be interested in. Im sure there is a reasonable possibility that this is all a coincidence, or me just finding meaning where there really isn't any to be found. However, Id be curious to know if anyone ever had anything similar happen to them, or know of any other explanation as to what happened.
4/4
>>
Sounds like the way you meditate is more or less thinking with your eyes closed.
>>
File: 1244062628710.jpg (97KB, 533x520px) Image search: [Google]
1244062628710.jpg
97KB, 533x520px
>>18625035
There's a show called the magicians, in episode 4 there is a guy in a nuthouse who keeps making the same hand symbol you do. coincidence? Impossible. It can only mean one thing, you belong in a mental hospital too.
>>
>>18625035

All I see replying to you are trolls or shills, OP. Not sure which is worse.

For what it is worth by your second post I connected the symbol in your mind with the shape of your hands.

I often see people making the same gestures - on television, in particular. I notice myself also gravitating towards the same gestures.

Connecting to myself like that is a point upon which to focus, for me. Perhaps you view it the same - it seems so.

It also seems as though your brain is helping you recognize patterns. It is a powerful tool and a useful skill. I try to hone it - what you do with it is up to you.

Further, gestures such as those are present in almost every religion and in a great many philosophies. Buddhist meditations or Christian prayers, for example. Magicks of other types.

If it has meaning for you, pursue it, is my suggestion. It is what I do. Know that you are more connected than you are lead to believe. You are not alone.
>>
It sounds like contemplative mediation OP, a common type of meditation. Useful for meditation on the deeper meaning of chants, or just finding solutions for problems in general.

The way you describe moving your chi/ki/prana around your body, you may have a certain affiliation for that kind of meditation. I would suggest meditating with different mudras (yogic hand positions). They are very easy to find online, and they move your energy in certain ways by themselves, but with your heightened ability to feel such things it could be fun to explore.
The ultimate form of these exercises is yoga, so keep that in mind as an option if you decide to continue on your current path.
>>
>>18625035
just a bunch of blah blah blah
>>
>>18625035
The overlapping circles could be two lobes of your mind processing vision. I like to do stuff like this subtle gestures but I pretend I am standing in some other place when I do them. Sort of like I made a language with my hands that creates images in my mind. Its pretty cool I can talk with the spirit world that way. It can get to the point where visualizing it I can touch different parts of my brain together. I can sort of imagine tracing lines and fibers through my skull around my body and it creates sort of a fiber optic psychic sense organ. I just sort of mold the energy to create visualizations, and bending the space around me.
http://evn.wikia.com/wiki/T-Ratings

Different patterns seem to have stuff, like you can learn to observe natural energy fields from nature and emulate them in your mind it creates similar perception in ones own mind. I created a psychic space ship that I can use to gather energy from nature and use it to empower my abilities.

Its really cool when you start shifting the locus of your awareness within and without your body. I managed to project it clearly enough to see things through my mind as if they were real, then I was able to see the top of my brain like I was viewing from the shell inside my skull. I think its prudent to be careful when practicing this. Find a way to store your energy when you are done, so that you can pick up where you left off next time. I like to wrap my up around my head then drop it down the skin and spine near my shoulders.
>>
>>18625385
>>18626420

I appreciate the legit responses. I know this isn't the most interesting thing and I didn't want to make a big deal out of anything, but I figured some of you might be able to give me some insight. You have definitely given me a lot to work with and I'm glad that I have a direction to aim for in order to try and develop this skill.
>>
>>18625035
a few years ago, i flew across the country to visit a relative and when i met my ride at the airport, i had lost the capacity to encode memories (anterograde amnesia) inexplicably. i don't remember anything from the following six months and i only very vaguely remember the time before the plane ride. i remained in the amnesties state for 6 months and recovered veeeery gradually.

ANYWAY, i have always loved airplanes. something about the way they alter my perception is just ..satisfying? organically relaxing? neurologists have diagnosed me with epilepsy and seem to think i had a tonic clonic seizure on that plane ride at some point. i seem to recall looking out the window and having a sort of jamais vu experience. i was totally focused but liberated and i felt enlightened suddenly as i realized something i haven't been able to articulate since. when i was a child, i used to have little episodes wherein everything around me looked fundamentally different (even my own reflection). like somehow i could selectively focus on a thing and almost..empathize with it? i could never explain the experiences to my parents but they've always seemed odd in retrospect and neurologists tell me they were complex partial seizures.

i don't know. maybe you will gain something from this.
>>
>>18628465
>>18628465
i forgot to mention that i also have experience with manipulating the pressure in my head on airplanes. i suspect it has somethin to do with the altitude?
>>
>>18625035
you dont focus on meditating champ
thats not how it works
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.