[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/. Can we talk about the Bridgewater Triangle? Basically,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Hey /x/. Can we talk about the Bridgewater Triangle? Basically, there's a roughly 200 square mile area in southeastern Massachusetts that has historically been home to TONS of murders, satanic rituals, cryptid sightings, UFOs, and other unexplained phenomenon since colonial times.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 800x600px
>in the hamlet of West Bridgewater at the base of a wooden bridge is hidden the Solitude Stone. Lost for nearly a century beneath moss and overgrowth, the stone bears a 150-year-old inscription thought to be carved by the Reverend Timothy Otis Paine of the New Church of Jerusalem, a Christian sect founded on the principles of the occultist Emmanuel Swedenborg, whose philosophies purportedly influenced Freemasonry.
>>
File: image2.jpg (108KB, 800x272px) Image search: [Google]
image2.jpg
108KB, 800x272px
>Perhaps the most interesting spot in this area is the Dighton Rock. People of unknown origin carved figures of people, animals, and symbols into the flat side of this trapezoidal boulder roughly the size of a small Volkswagen. The origin and meaning of the markings has been the subject of debate for centuries, with theorists attributing the petroglyphs to peoples as various as ancient Native Americans, Phoenicians, Norse, colonial Portuguese, and even medieval Chinese sailors.

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/how-massachusetts-came-to-have-its-own-bermuda-triangle
>>
File: 025.jpg (541KB, 1600x1194px) Image search: [Google]
025.jpg
541KB, 1600x1194px
Hockomock swamp, the giant wetland that encompasses most of the Triangle, is named after the Algonquin word for "place where spirits dwell".

In 1998, there were two instances of ritualistic animal mutilation. One involving a dead cow and another several calves.

There were also murders/torturous acts committed by this psychotic pimp in the late 70s/early 80s that claimed to be the son of Satan. He committed some of the acts in the woods of Westport.

Not to mention the bigfoot, thunderbird, and "ghostly hitchhiker" stories that have proliferated in the area.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20131006/LIFE/310060305

http://www.thebridgewatertriangle.com/2013/12/hockomock-swamp_2.html

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/06/the-cursed-forest-of-massachusetts/
>>
>Bridgewater Triangle
> 200 square mile

Spooky.
>>
>>18623508
>how does geometry work
>>
I'd go ape and kill people if I lived in Massivejewshits.
>>
Seems like a way to drum up local tourism to an area where a couple of things happened tbqh
>>
I live in Massachusetts and have been to the bridgewater triangle once before while driving through on a roadtrip. Here's my experience

>be me
>about two years ago, 18 at the time
>on roadtrip with two of my long time friends, going down to Rhode Island for some con, can't remember
>go through Raynham on our way there, its late at this point so we decided to phone my friends aunt and uncle that live down there and sleep there for the night
>we get to my friend's family's place, very nice people
>they set us up in the guest room, its around 11:30pm as we settle in, been there for about half hour
>we shoot the shit and hang out before we start to doze off
>the con is tomorrow afternoon so we want to get some rest before we hit the road early in the morning
>I get up around 2am, im an insomniac so this isn't unusual
>wasn't really an /x/phile back then so I wasn't aware we were in the Bridgewater Triangle
>step outside for a smoke before I try to get some sleep again
>just about finished with my cig when I look up in the sky
>hovering a couple hundred feet in the air is this really weird aircraft
>triangular shape, three static lights, one at each vertex
>no noise, but almost kind of a shift in atmosphere
>couple of minutes go by and I'm just out on the front porch watching this fucking sky triangle, when all of the sudden is just shoots upwards into the sky in a blink of an eye.
>frozen with fear and disbelief
>go back inside and head straight to bed, but I don't end up sleeping
>don't talk about it, friends would just try to call bullshit
>haven't told anyone about it since because I dont feel like anyone would believe me
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>18623498
My friend has seen a thunderbird in North Raynham. This part of town is at the edge of the swamp. Strange lights are seen all the time around there, and strange sounds heard even more. Definitely something to this area and I'm glad to finally see it discussed here. It really is the quintessential haunted, cursed Indian land.
>>
>>18624408
Don't worry, old colonial Raynham was one town whose inhabitants were friendly to King Philip and his Indians. It was the only town that wasn't burned to the ground in this area. You'll be safe from the bad Indian voodoo in this town.
>>
>>18623508
Are you expecting triangle miles?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.