[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone help me with that spread? I'm a video game addict,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Spread.png (943KB, 908x527px) Image search: [Google]
Spread.png
943KB, 908x527px
Can anyone help me with that spread?

I'm a video game addict, and now I have the first opportunity to get rid of that addiction or turning again to games (My gaming pc broke. Now is selling the good parts or repairing it). Asked the tarot and got that response:

>Passive choice (stay with the games): Six of wands reversed

>The Querent: Justice card

>The active choice (Quitting games): Knight of wands.

I'm in doubt because the knight of wands habe a dubious (positive\negative) behaviour, but I think it's a better choice than the other.

What the response means, after all?
>>
how about you actually use reason instead of tarot for such obvious issue?
sell the parts and go on pc detox

I myself happen to be on third week without any computer and I try not to use my smartphone for more than 2 hours daily

shit is tough but I will thank myself later

use tarot for more appropriate and less obvious issues
>>
>>18622887

It sounds obvious indeed. The problem is that the gaming were the only activity that I used to deal with the stress (family problems and a very stressful job (healthcare is Hellcare).

Without the pc, I have to reinvent myself, but I'm fearful that my new choice of life and new activities will bring me relief against what I have to deal. Things are tranquil now (vacation), but soon the world will shake again.

It's a leap of faith.
>>
>>18622908

>not bring me relief against what I have to deal

Fix'd
>>
>>18622869
OP the cards can be read in several ways.
I take the reversed as you present you are having doubts because you have lost something, the gaming pc. These doubts lead to the future, the middle card justice. A future balanced based on your actions with the problem settled. The last indicates an action needed to reach the future, the knight of wands, which states to boldly move forward with the possibility that there may be no return.

In short, you've started to doubt yourself and quality of life since you've lost the pc and that perhaps the best action is to boldly go against you addiction and sell the parts so that your addiction becomes balanced and it settled.
>>
>>18622908
it's just an excuse made up by your addicted and anxious mind
put in effort, deal with initial shit that comes with change and do it

I'm going through exactly that except I regularly visit a psychotherapist so it's all planned and I'm being guided

I had to realise it's either that or steady and sure way to bottom.
>>
Truly, perhaps that's the way the cards are telling me to not overthink about that issue and just act now. I was thinking that the knight represented my swift act as imprudence, like a damn mind trap, like >>18622928 have said.

It's my first opportunity of freedom after 25 years, I can not give up.

>>18622928

Can you share your history? Even in my workplace I have to deal with many cases of addiction, but never a gaming addict like me. It caused you great prejudice. ( I hope I'm not being too intrusive).
>>
>>18622908
What's your job?
>>
>>18622966

I work on a basic healthcare building that attends poor and highly violent city areas.

I and many workmates have to deal daily with many stressful situations. Many got Burnout Syndrome
>>
>>18622980
I meant specifically. I'm going into healthcare and I'm pretty scared desu
>>
>>18622956
I'll be brief because fuck typing on smartphone
I'm addicted to psychoactive substances in general though alcohol fucked me up the most because it was cheap and easily available and I could "enjoy" it without having worse and worse reactions like with other substances

it ended up with me losing my job, then I decided it's time for detox and rehab

I completed those 10 weeks locked away from home with people who drank twice as long as I am alive so I got to see very well how addiction can fuck you up. however after I was done, while I was maintaining abstinence from substances, I was very lost in life. I was still severely depressed, my generalised anxiety wasn't getting better and I basically switched drugs for Internet enjoying 4chan and other non productive shit for up to 15 hours a day just to take my mind away from cravings or worries or actually getting a job, seeking professional help and fixing my life in general.

at some point tho I obviously lost it, binge drank and took drugs, my reaction was worse than ever and ironically, very desperate I scheduled a visit at my old psychiatrist. because medication was out of the question with my addiction prone personality, he forwarded me to a psychotherapist with whom I am now going through cognitive behavioural therapy, which is much fucking harder than just popping a pill

I also incorporate occult, hypnosis and other fun shit I used to be good at a good decade before all of this so it's not even that boring and tough and my therapist is also surprisingly into it while also making sure I don't go too far into /x/ side of hypnosis and other trance work

shits getting better overall

now I'll fuck off and do some other daily goals which is part of my therapy homework

I wish you good luck
>>
>>18622986

I don't deal specificcaly with health attending, I'm no nurse or medic. My work is purely on management and administration, but we're exposed to the same people and stress, especially when we are dealing with recepetion or scheduling future consultations.

If you are going into healthcare for the first time, start immediately to learn basic relaxation and exercises (pranayama, a bit of yoga, Lian Gong) Your body will be the first to be attacked by the maelstrom of bad energies. Take real care with your hobbies or "swift reliefs" like alcohol, drugs or, of course, video games. The chance of your mind turning them into addiction to deal with the stress is enormous.

Resuming it: Into healthcare? Start being healthy yourself. Body, mind and spirit.
>>
>>18623021
Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18623013

Good luck to you too, anon, thanks for the story.

>>18623026

No problem, anon. Don't worry too much. Working in healthcare was perhaps one of the better choices in my life. It will change you to the very core, break many concepts, force you to take life seriously (and not soo seriously too), and it will be very fun at times.

It has his bones, very tough ones, indeed, but this you teach you to get strong. Turn the lemons into lemonades and all will be fine.

Luck to you!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.