[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep And the lack of it What did you experience? I am on a nearly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 456787434.png (343KB, 1841x739px) Image search: [Google]
456787434.png
343KB, 1841x739px
Sleep
And the lack of it
What did you experience?
I am on a nearly 24 hours no sleep and I'm gonna go up to 40
>>
Be careful you may wreck your self.

kek
>>
>>18621600
>>18621584
yea, don't do this. I'm pretty sure I wrecked myself doing this. I thought it would be fun, and I did it a few times... sure it was fun staying up watching weird shit on tv and feeling out of it, then watching the sun come up... but I think i broke my brain... its used to staying up now. I think I may have developed insomnia because of this. not fun at all desu senpai
>>
File: 2SHoRyth.jpg (133KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2SHoRyth.jpg
133KB, 732x1024px
>>18621584
I used to 48 when I was on night shift and spent weekend on computer.

Good cola buzz I guess.
>>
>>18621584
I did 72 hours as a Kid for the Naruto Megathon.

Shut the fuck up nothing happens. Things seem distant and glitchy though.
>>
>>18621584
Insomniac here, am commonly up for long periods of time. Don't experience much, just get a calm feeling...almost as if I'm stoned. Occasionally I'll catch a glimpse of an odd color out of the corner of my eye for a split second when suddenly looking the other way.
>>
>>18622042
Forgot to mention this >>18622037 the distance-y glitchy feeling (very well summed up, anon)

I suppose ymmv though, I hear a lot about hallucinations in these threads... perhaps that is coming from people who are more prone to hallucinations?
>>
No wonder you didn't get results.

I read that according to Hopi indians one must stay in the darkness for 9 days without sleep and food.
Afrer that you know what yo are.
>>
Good luck lad, staying awake past 50 becomes a struggle.
Don't expect to see/experience anything unless you shoot for higher than 48.
Any less will just leave you feeling tired/easily annoyed.
>>
File: 1485904690993.jpg (80KB, 610x438px) Image search: [Google]
1485904690993.jpg
80KB, 610x438px
>>
>>18621584
Amateur
>>
>>18622317
As the insomniac from earlier in this thread, the whole general premise of this idea sketches me right the fuck out. Like, what if when I'm "sleeping" is actually when I'm awake? If so, there's something wrong with me in this "sleep universe", as I get less sleep than others in this one. And then my mind goes to "what if the sleep universe is more dangerous? what if something is happening to you right now? what if...." ok, i need to stop going on about this as I'm getting freaked out again.
>>
Almost 12 hours no sleep so far, getting loopy, may need a nap
>>
>>18622337
It's never been about sleep as such.
It's a lie.

This bearded fellow has a good approach:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_fHa73_nOg
>>
When going long periods without I sleep I become prone to auditory hallucinations. I don't know if any of you have experienced this. Tend to hear conversations of other people that I know, or just random noises. Remember hearing honking one time.
>>
Good luck, all. If I miss sleep my mood drops waaaaay low. It's awful.
>>
>>18622326
I just ran into a similar in another thread. And I have apophenia. This is freaking me out.
>>
I don't like doing extended periods awake (i.e. 24 hours +). I start getting delirious and groggy as fuck. Never have hallucinated from lack of sleep, the first 8 hours awake feel like a low oxy dose to me.
>>
>>18621584
>24 hours and no sleep
I hope you took some time out of your busy fucking schedule to find a job you fucking NEET. Mom and dad must be so proud
>>
enjoy permanent brain damage
>>
>>18622358
Sorry, didn't mean to trigger any freakout session. Upon finding out what apophenia is, I think I may have a mild case of it myself.

Added name because I figure I'll hang out in this thread. Have nothing better to do.

>>18622375
Dude, it's Sunday morning. (depending on time zone)
>>
I've stayed up for nearly 3 days straight but only felt really tired and cranky. I don't understand the spoopy feelings people get when staying up.
>>
>>18622491
I really any hallucinations that anyone experiences is mostly due to them being more prone to them. The lack of sleep just being a catalyst for it.

You still up, OP?
>>
Did 48 hours once. I was in bad mood for the rest of the week and i had stomach ache because of junk food.
>>
>>18622383
camt sleep now, thanks anon. then again maybe your in my head and im asleep. the more i focus on it the more it feels like something is poking and stabbing me. fucking hell
>>
did 45 hours once
35 hours, 5-10 times maybe?
lots and lots of 25-30 hours

over a 8 years period, since I was 14

I'm a 22 year old NEET who spends all time online
>>
>>18622557
My bad man. Although, what if it's more like this universe is like a break from the "sleep" universe? Perhaps things get stressful there, and we come here for a rest. You just got tired from overworking at your awesome job in the other universe is all, anon. Just taking a small nap, and then you'll be back to doing what you love back over there.
>>
have managed to stay up a little over 100 hours before with few 10-20 minute naps, don't remember much other than panicking and freaking out over my shadow and things out of the corner of my eye. After that my insomnia got worse and after a few years I started confusing my dreams with reality a lot. About a year ago there was a point where I had nightmares every night and was afraid of falling asleep. Would typically stay up 2 days and then sleep a short amount of time. Which, of course only made my situation worse. I started writing down each of my dreams, and that helped me stop confusing them with my day.
>>
>>18622573
Damn. I confuse dreams with actual events as well, but very rarely. More often than not days will just blend together for me. Has your situation improved at all?
>>
>>18621584
Fuck, wrote a shitton before my browser crashed. Had a lot of text, but it boils down to these
>drink lots of water and eat sugary shit
>learn the Cranked philosophy
>fuck bitches
>drink red bull, because burn, monster and other shit are shit
>don't stop, don't sit, don't lie down
>>
>>18621584
Literally play video games you won't even notice and the constant stimuli won't allow you to sleep so long you are entertained
>>
>>18622797
I fell asleep after killing Alduin, so, no.
>>
>>18622799
At least you didn't fall asleep before killing him
>>
>>18622799
>So long you are entertained
>>
Consume copious amounts of meth and stay up for 6 days things get really interesting around that point. I dont wanna talk about afterwards.
>>
>>18621863
>body needs sleep
>you refuse to sleep
>body begs to sleep
>you finally sleep
>body now refuses to sleep because the sleep window is now closed

You sound like a person who made a WRONG statement
>>
File: 1452738434430.jpg (26KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452738434430.jpg
26KB, 600x750px
>>18622323
>>
>>18622037
>nothing happens
>except for what does happen
>>
>>18623059
>Brain gets fuzzy on whats going on after not dumping short term memory for too long

Thats literally nothing. It's just the brains Short Term Memory overloading.
>>
>>18622377
you call that brain damage
try taking 300mg of benedryll every night for 3 months straight
>>
I just slept for 12 hours straight. fuck that felt soooooooo goooooooooood. you know that feeling when you wake up and feel like you had the most awesome sex last night? that's how i feel right now. damn. i even dreamt i had sex a couple times. i feel soooooooooo fucking refreshed, like a snake that just shed its old skin
>>
>>18621584
I used to have pretty severe insomnia when I was at uni - I used to stay awake 72 hours plus (eventually got prescribed a course of sleeping pills from the doctor and enjoyed tripping on those). It'll take at least 3 days before anything weird starts to happen, but around this point I used to get flashes of light in my vision and glowing orbs in the periphery. Things would look sorta warpy, like that optical illusion of staring at that rotating black and white pattern gif. I'd hear my name whispered when no one was around and sometimes get this sound like lots of people talking that would keep building in the background until I concentrated on it, at which point it would disappear. All in all, not really worth it.
>>
>>18622196
>mfw I'll never know what yo are
>>
>>18622375
You're funny, you don't even know what day of the week it is and are screaming about DER GIT A JERB. I bet you have an amazing job, which is why it's so rewarding on your day off to come here and spread the gospel of the holy butt hurt employed. Go take a nap.
>>
is op kill?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.