[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Troll thread. Literally. Could it be possible that trolls exist,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: Big bad billy.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Big bad billy.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
Troll thread. Literally.

Could it be possible that trolls exist, as in the film, Trollhunter, and that whenever they infringe on human habitats, they're killed?

If so, what are they and why would the public be shielded from them?
>>
File: 20170123_165051.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170123_165051.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>18620459
Man I loved troll hunter, that was an astounding comfy /x/ movie. But to answer your question, no I don't think they exist, atleast as how they are portrayed in the film. Just biologically they are too massive and would be crushed under their own weight. Maybe more people sized trolls, like between 8-10 feet tall could be possible in theory
>>
>>18620459
Y'all niggas posting in a troll thread.
>>
File: nik_4414_1920.jpg (927KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
nik_4414_1920.jpg
927KB, 1920x1280px
>>18620529
What about giant sloths, they existed until not so long ago, they are semi bipedal, they are also freakishly huge.
>>
File: t rex troll.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
t rex troll.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
The big secret that they don't want you to know is that the trolls are actually reptillians.
>>
>>18620936
that's because there was more oxygen on the planet to support their size back then numnuts
>>
>>18620529
>crushed under their own weight
only if they were weak. if they had big muscles then they would be fine probbly
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nkxd69YXbe1tn4tfv.png (64KB, 344x192px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkxd69YXbe1tn4tfv.png
64KB, 344x192px
>>18620964
maybe there was more helium in the atmosphere and they were able to float a bit by breathing it in, also they were only about 12" tall and considering most basketball players are around 8" that's not much bigger
>>
>>18620459
>what are they and why would the public be shielded from them?
They might be from another dimension or escaped from the hollow earth, so the govt wants to keep it hush hush. When they get spotted they get btfo by missiles and everyone is told to keep quiet or else.
>>
>>18620529

When elephants go extinct, stupid people are going to think they were a myth too...
>>
Why do trolls eat christians but not mudslimes? The dude in the cave got eaten because he freaked out. Prior to that they weren't giving a fuck.
>>
>>18620459

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus

Giant Apes were 10 feet tall and weighed over half a ton. They only went out 100,000 years ago and co-existed with early humans in an environment that is basically the same today.

So if your idea of a troll is 10 feet tall and weighs a half ton then yes, they could live here.

Obviously there is no known phyiscal remains for them but you get the idea.
>>
>>18621126
>Obviously there is no known phyiscal remains
why not?
>>
>>18621135
Primate fossils are not easily fossilized and are just rare in genera. However we actually do have a Gigantopithecus jaw along with some teeth.
>>
Rick TRolled Thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

http://pastebin.com/FXcsRFZr

I think hes trolling
>>
>>18620964
They weren't even large compared to Elephants. Oxygen concentration only really affects the size of insects.
>>
>>18620459
no.
no.
they're make believe.
we're not.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4

Whats going on in here?
>>
>>18620972
That's not how it works.
>>
>>18621135
>>18621219

Sorry, I meant we have no physical evidence supporting the trolls as existing, not the giant apes.

The giant apes are considered science fact and nobody doubts that they existed just 100,000 years ago.
>>
>>18621018
I don;t think it's the trolls themselves that are the big secret, so much as what kind of questions people would start asking if they were found to exist.
>>
>>18621126

these things were seriously big, pic related.
>>
>>18620936
That's the giant ground sloth from the Natural Science Museum in Raleigh NC. Ayee
>>
File: sloth.jpg (39KB, 625x438px) Image search: [Google]
sloth.jpg
39KB, 625x438px
>>18620936

This guy (http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/) thinks all hairy, two-legged monsters that aren't humanoid enough to be bigfoot (like dogman, mapinguari, etc.) are really surviving giant sloths.
>>
>>18621126
That thing is like a primitive space marine.
>>
File: BEAR v Sloth.jpg (50KB, 780x516px) Image search: [Google]
BEAR v Sloth.jpg
50KB, 780x516px
they were real alright
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndjud6mFo01sylxdn.jpg (25KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndjud6mFo01sylxdn.jpg
25KB, 500x517px
>>
>>18620988
There has been literally one 8ft tall bb player
>>
I always imagine trolls wearing green hats and pretending to be fire.
>>
>>18620459

No, living beings like King Kong or T-rex could not survive in today earth conditions, the couldn't even stand up.

And obviously if such things would exists, we would know it, they are too big to be unnoticed
>>
>>18622823
>the couldn't even stand up.
So tell us, how exactly has gravity changed so dramatically since those times that a tyrannosaurus would now not be able to stand?
>>
>>18620964
thats wrong on multiple levels
>>
>>18620459
Isn't "troll" just a disparaging term for giants? Then again, it may have been used for various sorcerers... I need to go back through Norse mythology and fairy tales...

I thought Thor killed them all though.
>>
>>18622796
Stop using literally wrong you dumb bitch
>>
>>18622835
During the last ice age, mammals did attain very large size, because large mammals have proportionally small surface areas, so they lose heat more slowly to the environment. Therefore it is an advantage to be large. However, 13,000 years ago, a comet struck in North America, ending the last ice age. It happened so quickly, and temperatures rose so quickly that the large mammals had no chance to adapt. Practically all large mammals, down to the size of horses and camels, became extinct in North America. Today's climate is much warmer than the last ice age, therefore there is no advantage to be large.

Dinosaurs were large for the opposite reason as mammals. Dinosaurs lived in a warm climate, and dinosaurs were ectotherms. Ectotherms benefit when the climate is warm because they do not generate heat inside their bodies. That means they won't suffer heat strokes when it is very warm, unlike large mammals. Because they don't lose heat to the environment if they are large, they don't have to bask in the sun in the morning to warm up either. 65 million years ago, a meteor the size of Mt. Everest struck the earth and basically fried all the dinosaurs alive because it ignited world wide forest fires. The dinosaurs had no place to run or hide. A whole lineage of birds, known as enantiornithine birds, also vanished, because they too had no place to run or hide. The surviving birds were the shorebirds, and they were probably spared because of the cooling effects of water. The water probably saved the crocodilians and turtles as well. Our ancestors were lucky because they were small and they found safety underground, since heat rises. Lizards, snakes, and amphibians were also saved because they could hide underground. The burrowing mammals survived and some of them evolved into primates and then apes and then humans evolved from an ape. The surviving reptiles were unable to grow very big, probably because of competition from the fast evolving mammals.
>>
>>18622939
Name two eight feet tall players
>>
[spoiler]YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL[/spoiler]
>>
>>18622979
TO GET INTO THIS BOY'SOUL
>>
>>18622952
Cool early 80s idiot chode who reads national Geographic science
>>
>>18622988
What's your reasoning then?

What's that? Nothing? Oh what a surprise.
>>
Based on legends and shit trolls only lived in Europe, their range extended from Scandinavia to the northern modern borders of Belarus.
>>
>>18622952
Dinosaurs were endothermic
>>
>>18620988
>most basketball players are around 8ft tall

the average NBA point guard is 6'1, the average wing is 6'6, and the average center (tallest position) is 6'11.
>>
>>18621082
Good point.
>>
>>18622952

That is way off from currently correct though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_mammoth

We have strong evidence that the Woolly Mammoth was around just as long as 10,000 years ago and maybe as little as 4,000 years ago in some places.

The mammoth weighed SIX TONS! Their shoulders could be as much as 11+ feet from the ground!

That is a 12,000 lb creature that would stand nearly twenty feet tall when rearing on its hind legs.

Elephants today still basically get that large, sometimes bigger.

'The largest elephant ever recorded was shot in Angola in 1956. This male weighed about 24,000 lb (11,000 kg), with a shoulder height of 3.96 meters (13.0 ft), a metre (yard) taller than the average male African elephant.'

So yeah, as long as a 'troll' used its arms like a gorilla it could easily maintain that body type and size - the one issue is of course that we dont have any photos or remains from these trolls - which suggests they dont exist.
>>
what if trolls built the pyramids?
>>
>>18620459
Troll hunter is great. Comfy movie / 10
>>
>>18620964
let the meme die for the love of God. The last megathere died out 6,000 years ago for Christ sake.
>>
>>18622952
For someone that seems to know a little of what you're talking about, its impressive how much you got astoundingly incorrect.
>>
>>18622987
Top fucking kek. Love me night man!
>>
>>18623390
>the average NBA point guard is 6'1, the average wing is 6'6
So wait, I am basketball tall?
>>
>>18620964
>that's because there was more oxygen on the planet to support their size back then numnuts

Aye, this nigga stupid as fuck
>>
>>18620964
This is bullshit. Why stuff was bigger back then was because they had to be, think of a giraffe why is it big, because most predators were huge and so were the things herbivores had to eat.

They evolved to be like that because they had to, to survive. Why we don't have big creatures anymore is for too reasons.
1. No advantage to being big. Think about it, what advantage would being big give a creature. Sure protection like Elephants have, but couldn't you just oh, I don't know be poisonous instead and accomplish the same goal?
2. The requirements to be big. It would require too much for a creature to be big considering what little the advantage it gives them. It requires food, like a lot of it, too much of it. It requires longer gestation or fetus time which isn't helpful if your out in the wild. And it might make getting food too difficult since unlike during the time of the dinosaurs, trees and other plants do not grow high nor do other creatures, so it would make more sense to simply be smaller to get food.
>>
Is there any supposed photographic evidence of these big guys?
>>
>>18629860
no
>>
>>18621533
I was about to say that! I've been there a ton! Right after you get out of the "water tunnel"! Crazy you recognized that too.
>>
>>18632111
Aw, should have figured, I guess.
>>
>>18622939
he didnt
>>
>>18621318
>WE CAN'T LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THE TROLLS
>THEY'LL START REBELLING

you are living in a cartoon world
>>
>>18624518
What if trolls ARE the pyramids?
>>
File: 5802.jpg (37KB, 755x400px) Image search: [Google]
5802.jpg
37KB, 755x400px
I think trolls came about from people mistaking thinks hay bales like in the pic for creatures. Hay bales like this were very popular all lover europe. Imagine looking out at a field around sunset and seeing these things in the eerie light as the sun sets. Its really easy for the human mind to winder off in that direction
>>
>>18636526
Like this for example. Painting titled "Stooks of Corn in Moonlight" by a Norwegian painter Theodor Kittelsen. You can see how they resemble trolls
>>
>>18636533
looks like Autistic Bigfoot Friday Night Dance to me
>>
>>18632415

It's ok anon, no need to be sad
>>
>>18620459
>Could it be possible that trolls exist, as in the film, Trollhunter, and that whenever they infringe on human habitats, they're killed?
Possible?

Even remotely plausible? No.
>>
>>18620936
They're not that big, and they existed only in the Americas.

>>18621126
They were also probably obligate quadrupeds outside of feeding.
>>
>>18621227
Not necessarily. Dinosaurs were vastly larger in a time when there was a much higher oxygen content in the atmosphere.

>>18621295
Psychologically modern humans didn't even exist.
>>
>>18636622
I'm not sad, just disappointed. Photographic "evidence" of stuff is like my fetish.
>>
>>18622952
Not only have you failed to explain why large animals couldn't exist anymore (the 2005 King Kong was only as big as an Indian elephant), you claimed that dinosaurs were ectotherms, which is fucking retarded.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.