[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fe/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 413
Thread images: 88

File: flatearth.jpg (82KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
flatearth.jpg
82KB, 1280x960px
Flat Earth General

For the general discussion of the theory.
>>
Ouch last thread died... Gonna post my reply here.....
>>18616660
Okay. So well make an experiment using proper ratios. One comparable to a fun being 93 mil miles away. Well use a light source like a light bulb in a dark room, and I'll cut holes out of a piece of poster board, and well see if the rays' angles match those of the clouds and sun. You know what the answer will be.
>>18617585
(Said sun waoud be too close)
Vaporized according to how big round earthers think it is, not according to flat earthers. It smaller size equals out.
>>18617595
Yes. What do you think would exist beyond the anarctic ice wall? More flat earth ponds with their own suns. Probably think they're the only earths too. ;)

I MADE A MISTAKE EARLIER IN THIS THREAD. So I must correct it. If the earth spins at 1000mph at equator (~24000 mile circumference divided by 24 hours) divided by 60, I should have got ~16miles per MINUTE. Not seconds. Still supports my theory however, because 16mpm X 5280ft=84480ft per minute. 84480/60 gives us 1408ft per second. So at the equator, the ground beneath you moves at 1400 ftps, and your telling me I can't feel that while turning in a car, but I can't walk across a merry go round without falling down? Ballers need to explain this.
>>18617602
No one knows the cause of gravity. Not even scientists. Flat earthers can just as easily say that density gives the illusion of gravity, and it fits their model. At least they can explain why objects would float or sink with density, even if they can't explain why the direction appears up or down in reference to the ground or sky. Ballers have no idea what causes gravity in their model, and their explanation that its caused by mass isn't demonstratable down here on the ground, because "napkins don't gravitate towards large buildings, or dust doesn't get light near something large." The only evidence they have of this is shit in space, which has been proven by non flat earthers as fake already. You can't trust the bastards.
>>
>>18618719
Yay FE thread#2!<3
>>
>>18618756
>give me attention! I'm so randum and contrary
>>
>>18618771
What a great post, really worthwhile.
>>
>>18618756
>Vaporized according to how big round earthers think it is, not according to flat earthers. It smaller size equals out.
a smaller sun wouldn't provide enough energy to earth
>>
>>18618756
>Ballers need to explain this

We already did. You feel acceleration. Contact forces. Not speed.

If you're sitting in an airplane at 0 mph, you don't feel it. At 500 mph, you don't feel it. At 5,000,000 mph, you still wouldn't feel it.

>they can explain why objects float or sink with density

No they can't. Without gravity, dense objects don't sink.

Density is not a force. Not any more than vacuum.
>>
>>18618839
why is the earth constantly spinning at the same speed?
>>
>>18618874
gravity
>>
>>18618719
What the hell is this thread
>>
>>18618879
gravity causes the earth to spin? bollocks
>>
>>18618899
Hang on, how did you think it spun?
>>
>>18618902
i wasn't aware that gravity caused the planets to spin. it's a pretty magical force
>>
>>18618910
No magic involved
>>
Do you autists believe every planet is flat too? Or is Earth just special?
>>
>>18618926
Maybe Earth isn't a planet and actually is special. The planets and stars we see are different objects than the Earth itself.
>>
For fuck's sake, mods, do your fucking job already. This is why /x/ is utter shit right now
>>
>theory
>>
>>18618943
I agree, let's only allow peer-reviewed scientifically approved articles be posted to the Paranormal board of the Mos Eisley of the Internet
>>
>>18618938
Jesus Christ dude.
>>
>>18618874
Inertia.

Do you know what inertia is? You don't know what velocity or acceleration are, so intertia might be a tough concept for you. Relatively.
>>
>>18618966
So is it inertia or is it gravity?
>>
>>18618993
The reason it's still spinning is inertia. The reason it started spinning was gravity.
>>
>>18618756
>Ballers have no idea what causes gravity in their model, and their explanation that its caused by mass isn't demonstratable down here on the ground, because "napkins don't gravitate towards large buildings, or dust doesn't get light near something large."
All masses do attract, actually.It's just that the forces involved for the relatively small masses compared to the earth do not affect each other as much as each is affected by the earth. But the effect is measurable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
>>
>>18619025
Yeah we brought up the Cavendish experiment in the last thread. He ignored it.
>>
>>18618943
I personally thank flatanon for playing the perpetual anti-intellectual idiot/troll and keeping the easy victims away from other threads.
>>
>>18618756

Why hasn't a single flatearther bought or rented a plane and tried to fly to the edge of the Earth and beyond? This would be the one definitive proof of your theory
>>
>>18618902
Please don't tell me you think planets spin because gravity.
>>
>>18619141
We talked about this last thread. The conservation of angular momentum applies to gravity just the same way it applies to a figure skater pulling her arms in.
>>
>>18618938
This would also explain why no ayys ever show up. Maybe this is where souls start their journey and after we learn our lessons here it's time to move on to the stars.
>>
How do full Moons work?
>>
>>18619165
laws of perspective.
>>
>>18619178
>lols of perspective

Fixed that for you, you flat Earth space wizards need to learn how to proof read.
>>
>>18619165
the moon is a hologram dumbass
>>
>>18619183
teach me a proof read
>>
File: cancer.jpg (43KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
43KB, 432x432px
>>18618719
>>
>>18619245
The sun is too
>>
>>18619364
Good. If they banned all the stupid memers like you and OP, /x/ would stop sucking. Tired of seeing the catalog clogged with bullshit.
>>
/rg/
Retardation General
>>
File: 1486778391896-x.gif (14KB, 200x257px) Image search: [Google]
1486778391896-x.gif
14KB, 200x257px
Here, just let me sage this hot garbage at every chance I get, can't let the truth about the disc world get out.
>>
File: 1486837718919-x.png (363KB, 747x476px) Image search: [Google]
1486837718919-x.png
363KB, 747x476px
More sage
>>
File: straightjacket2.jpg (12KB, 236x316px) Image search: [Google]
straightjacket2.jpg
12KB, 236x316px
>>18619129

They claim shadowy forces prevent you from doing it, while ignoring all of the people who have actually visited antarctica.

It is literally psychosis.
>>
Earth is Roblox.
>>
>>18618719

OP from the last thread here. I'm really glad to see this being continued. Thank you anon and the other independent thinking anons who are carrying out this crusade. I feel as though the tide is turning here. What we need most of all is confidence in ourselves. I know it can be hard when it seems like there is so much militant opposition and willful ignorance, but these are simply shill tactics and we will not let them work on us. They want to dilute the discussion as best they can, but it's easy to see through them. They use the same non-arguments again and again, usually posting nothing but insults, threats, peer-pressure style attacks and of course the same old entry-level flat earth questions we've all known the answers to since we first stumbled onto the topic.

Remember that they hold false authority because they have the prevalent opinion. Remember that many of the "facts" they use to argue against you were simply made up to fit their model. Take vacuum for instance. In their model of reality, vacuum is the natural state of things and so air pressure pushes rather than vacuum pulling. This is not the case in our model. In our model, nature abhors a vacuum, and this can be witnessed throughout the scientific fields. It takes great effort to create one and it will never be perfect.

None of this is to say that we're blinkering ourselves to truths that contradict our beliefs. It's quite on the contrary. We are the ones who have been willing to challenge our most deep-seated beliefs when faced with new information. They are the ones who refuse to even entertain an idea, and they do so violently. I don't believe that everyone who replies against us is a shill, for I have had this argument in person and furthermore, I remember what it's like to be so sure of something that it's difficult to even conceive of the opposite.

I will be back in few hours with some suggestions I have for the success of this movement. The Gods are smiling upon you my brothers.
>>
Utter shit.
>>
.egaS
>>
I feel I'm serving humanity and raising the average iq by saging every time I stroll by here.
>>
File: 1486728635408-x.jpg (84KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1486728635408-x.jpg
84KB, 500x715px
I'd rather spend time here saging so other people won't get thrown into this waste of a discussion.
>>
i bet you guys think virgin galactic is just a simulator, or the windows are curved, huh?
>>
the earth is flat. i went into space and saw it
>>
>>18618886
Garbage
>>
>>18618886
Shit posting general
>>
>>18618886
A containment thread for shitposters and naive fuckwits
>>
>>18618756
>No one knows the cause of gravity. Not even scientists.
One would have to prove its existence in the first place but nobody has been able and now we know why, it doesn't exist.
Gravity was a necessary lie to support the balls model.
>>
>>18620188
This isn't really accurate.

Yes, you can visit Antarctica, but only certain tourist areas at specific locations. I don't think you can just plan a trip anywhere you want on the continent. The obvious reason is it's unsafe due to the extreme terrain, weather and lack of supplies beyond the coastal mini bases.

Just because you don't see any weirdness at the tourist spot doesn't mean there isn't anything weird going on somewhere in the continent of Antarctica. That's like saying "I went to visit the USA (e.g. florida) but I never saw the Grand Canyon, therefore all these stories of the Grand Canyon must be untrue."

Going to visit Antarctica as a tourist is like going to visit a small village in the USA or Canada or Russia, it is only a very small part of a huge area.
>>
>>18620740
>One would have to prove its existence in the first place but nobody has been able and now we know why, it doesn't exist
>>
File: NASAfakeglobes.png (1MB, 1277x871px) Image search: [Google]
NASAfakeglobes.png
1MB, 1277x871px
>>18618756

By round Earthers I'm guessing you mean balltards?
I'm asking because a disc being flat and round, it can be kind of confusing to imply that real Earthers do not see Earth as round too.
By real Earthers I mean flat Earthers, of course.
>>
flat Earth proven once again this time with 6 emergency landings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzmjDFv23Ng
>>
>540< gay !
>>
>>18620742
>I don't think you can plan a trip anywhere you want

You can. The point of the pre-planned travel agency trips is the same with any pre-planned travel agency. They take care of all the arrangements and save the tourist a lot of time and worry. But you can travel anywhere to Antarctica that you want. There are mountain climbers who go there, just to climb mountains that no one has ever climbed before. There are people who go there just to cross the entire continent, just to recreate famous expeditions.

There was one case of a British guy who had some kind of physical handicap who wanted to go there to do some stupid stunt, and he was denied his visa because it was unsafe and he wasn't of sound mind. So the conspiracy theorists jumped all over that.

The idea that there's anywhere on Antarctica that's off limits is just some major bullshit.
>>
everyone one in this thread plz remove your genes from humanity kys !
>>
>>18620740
By all means, jump off a tall building.
>>
>>18620792
>Taiwan to LA
>Diverts to Alaska

He's claiming that they were six hours into the flight when they diverted to Alaska. Except he forgets to mention that's only when she started going into labor. When she actually gave birth and they committed to an emergency landing was much later, and they were closest to Alaska, This all works on a globe earth perfectly fine. Standard great circle route.

No real point in debunking the others, all the same shit.
>>
>>18620829
No because I would fall by my own weight. You know, objects have a volume and are made of matter and that matter has a density. All this produces a weight that tends to make things heavier than air fall from the top of a building.
Gravity has no business in this at all, it doesn't exist.
>>
>>18620846
>No real point in debunking the others, all the same shit.
of course, you can't. lol
>>
>>18620846

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3270382/Caught-camera-amazing-moment-woman-gives-birth-premature-baby-girl-30-000ft-Taiwan-Los-Angeles-flight-crew-passengers-helping-out.html

>The Taiwan to Los Angeles flight was forced to make an emergency landing on Thursday after a Taiwanese passenger's waters broke six hours into the 19 hour journey.
>After going into labour, the pilot informed the airline company and requested permission to land at Ted Stevens Anchorage Airport in Alaska out of consideration for the safety of the woman and her baby.

This article clearly says the woman labour started 6 hours into the flight.
Moreover even if the pilot wasted a few more hours, even 3 more, rerouting to Hawaii or even finishing the flight to LA would have made much more sense on a globe than going all the way up to Alaska.
There is no way you can defend this, you are toast shills.
And the other cases are even better :^)
>>
>>18620882
How are you able to tie your shoes in the morning without hanging yourself?
>>
>>18620849
>I would fall by my own weight

Yes. Your weight. Which is caused by gravity.

>>18620882
>after

Exactly. After she went into labor. When they were close to Alaska.

Taiwan to LA flight path travels very closely to Alaska. Why? Because the earth is round, so it's longer to go at low altitudes.
>>
>>18620895
you sound so salty.
>>
>>18620896
>Yes. Your weight. Which is caused by gravity.
No, as explained it is caused by density and volume.
>Exactly. After she went into labor. When they were close to Alaska.
No, she went into labor 6 hours into the flight (one third of total flight path)
>>
>>18620850
>I can't

The flight paths he's drawn on the globe aren't even the right paths. They're not at all the shortest distance. Some of them even bend in the middle for no reason.

The man is clearly a fraud.
>>
>>18620902
>no it's caused by density and volume

No it isn't. Also density is dependent on volume. You're just throwing words around without understanding them.

You have your same density with or without gravity. But you only fall if gravity is present.

>She went inot labor 6 hours into the flight

Right, and they didn't divert until she actually gave birth, several hours later, by which time they were closest to alaska.
>>
>>18620908
You are the only fraud, bob.
Show me the real path, prove your claim.
>>
hey boris
>>
>>18620917
>No weight is not caused by density and volume
Density = weight/volume (ρ=w/V) thus w=ρ/V.

>You have your same density with or without gravity
gravity doesn't exist
> But you only fall if gravity is present.
gravity doesn't exist
I will fall under my weight because I'm denser than air.
>>
>>18620395
sarcasm?
>>
>>18620770
>dodgy pics = flat earth
Great logic
>>
So has this brief resurgence of an old myth died down now? Back to being the most fringe of the fringe crackpot ideas.
>>
Why do flat-earthers assume that anyone opposing them is a shill? Can you not imagine a rational individual that would hold a different view?
>>
>>18621100
>muh moonlanding :(
>>
Flat Earthers are shitters
>>
>>18621288
What?
>>
>>18621279
taking tips from the /pol/ playbook
>>
>>18620770
>image with red circles
earth got redstones on it, so it's proof that minecraft is real
>>
File: 1334247517066.jpg (226KB, 1600x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1334247517066.jpg
226KB, 1600x1138px
>>18618719
>Flat Earth General
why is there cum on the sidewalk if i can't remember my runescape?
It's a theory for a eons.
>>
>>18620933
>density = weight/volume

wrong.
>>
>>18620933
>gravity doesn't exist
space and gravity is a social construct by the patriarchy.
>>
Flat earthers are stupid as fuck everyone I've met is either uneducated or in their own world. I've yet to see a decent argument for it.
>>
>>18621563
You just quoted the holy words of Jesus 'Big Dick' Christ.
>>
File: tatooine.jpg (1MB, 3072x1368px) Image search: [Google]
tatooine.jpg
1MB, 3072x1368px
>double sun, or sun reflecting off dome
>house looks like an igloo

George Lucas already showed us what you can see from Antarctica. He just swapped snow for sand.
>>
File: 1482921479283.png (49KB, 190x182px) Image search: [Google]
1482921479283.png
49KB, 190x182px
Explain magnets`
>>
Define "Earth is flat"

I have no idea what the fuck you mean by this.
Flat like a coin? Flat like a button? Flat on one side but rounded around the edges? Flat like paper? Is it 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional? What do you guys mean exactly?

I'm really trying to understand what you mean, I want to see things from your perspective. But it's quite obvious you can't fall off the Earth, it's also obvious there's no defined "edge" to it.

Can we have a civil discussion on how this works? Can I see the best flat earth model and theories that back it up? I just want some clarity on this is all. I won't call you a fucking retard or anything like that, but other people might.

Anyone?
>>
>>18621719
There's nothing to understand. They're fucking idiots
>>
>>18618943
>>18619461
>>18620068
>>18620082
>>18620418
>>18620430
>>18620441

Why are you all so opposed to freedom of discussion and thought? Would you like it if certain topics were outlawed? Here, let me quote you some John Stuart Mill:

"If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind...

But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation...

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still...

I we were never to act on our opinions, because those opinions may be wrong, we should leave all our interests uncared for, and all our duties unperformed...

... the only way in which a human being can make some approach to knowing the whole of a subject, is b hearing what can be said about it by persons of every variety of opinion...

History teems with instances of truth put down by persecution. If not suppressed for ever, it may be thrown back for centuries...

Truth gains more even by the errors of one who, with due study and preperation, thinks for himself, than by the true opinions of those who only hold them because they do not suffer themselves to think...

The fact, however, is, that not only the grounds of the opinion are forgotten in the absence of discussion, but too often the meaning of the opinion itself...

Both teachers and learners go to sleep at their post, as soon as there is no enemy in the field... "

- On Liberty, 1859
>>
File: 1383193932280.jpg (20KB, 155x192px) Image search: [Google]
1383193932280.jpg
20KB, 155x192px
>>18621819
>let me quote you-
>>
how hard would it be to just charter a flight? go take some pics and prove the scientific community wrong. you'll be more famous than galileo, newton and einstein put together.

SAGE
>>
>>18621288
A thing that actually happened?
>>
If the earth was flat we wouldn't even have a day/night cycle.
>>
File: frisbee.jpg (21KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
frisbee.jpg
21KB, 260x260px
>>18618719
Earth is a Frisbee?
>>
Come on guys, I'm being nice now. It's been a few hours since my post. I know /x/ can be slow but this is a bit ridiculous. Do any of you have a solid theory or model I can look at?

If you're willing to argue to extensively over this, why not just prove it all at once instead of attempting to debunk everything thrown at you?

Sorry if I sound passive aggressive when I firmly say:

What kind of idiot doesn't just prove their claims instead of endlessly arguing with no real direction?
>>
>>18618719
>>/mlp/
>>
Numerous people have sailed / flown around the globe.

Pilots who fly high enough can see the curve of the earth.

The basic cosmology an physics of th standard model works. Flat earth does not.

Anyone who promotes flat earth is an idiot.

Those who don't believe and are just trolling are still idiots.
>>
so if the earth is flat, are all planets flat?
>>
mods do your fucking job fgs
>>
>>18621979
Shut the fuck up, earth is flat you round-kike
>>18622036
Wrong
>>
>>18622156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
>>
File: 945_9027_1.jpg (103KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
945_9027_1.jpg
103KB, 1024x679px
Idea:
>Gather the leaders of the Flat Earth cult and get NASA(or space agency of choice) to fund a trip into LEO
>Live broadcast the event and their reactions as they announce how wrong they were >"Accidentally" redirect rocket-craft toward the Sun
>>
>>18622334

Are you generally a fan of rounding up and murdering people with different opinions to yours? Do you fear all dissent?
>>
>>18620395

>I will be back in few hours with some suggestions I have for the success of this movement.

Been busy today but here it goes:

1 - Keep up the Flat Earth Generals.

2 - Use these threads to collect and share copypasta, YouTube links and images that explain the possible flat earth models, dispel popular misconceptions, disprove the globe model and, most importantly, provide evidence for flat earth.

3 - It is important in helping to shift people's perceptions to show them visuals that provide them with an understandable image of the new construct. Things like the weather balloon footage, the long sped up footage of flat roads, rails and canals, the different ways the sun and moon can appear to us and so on really helped me understand this as the true state of things.

4 - Work should go into not only writing out questions to the globalists, explanations of the flat earth, and answers to those common, time consuming and ever-frustrating entry level flat earth questions we get asked over and over no matter how many times we answer them. We should also focus on creating webms and jpgs of the stuff that's already out there as most of the uninitiated are simply unwilling to spend much time looking into this stuff .

5 - We should work on our /fe/ OPs, making sure that we get a good amount of information and resources into these first posts. Have a look at the /pol/ Generals to get an understanding of how this should look. Enticing, accessible, informative, etc. I fucked up the last General because I didn't check the formatting when I pasted my questions from Word and it didn't keep the paragraph spacings.
>>
>>18622540

6 - Call the shills out. This means more "you just call anyone who disagrees with you a shill" posts and this does look autistic to those who are unaware of the shill phenomenon. Yes, not all of the dissent comes from shills but it doesn't take long to pick up on the tactics and repeated scripts that shills have been using to dissuade people from all the good conspiracy theories. In fact, you can pretty much gauge both the accuracy and the importance of a conspiracy theory based on the level of shilling aimed against it. This is not new and it is not local to 4chan. Don’t forget that we live in the age of information and the primary battlefront is in controlling the narrative. The internet has proved to be a difficult medium for the existing powers to control but they are slowly but surely turning the whole thing into an Orwellian tool of indoctrination and population control. Paying salaries to shills is relatively cheap compared to the failing methods of traditional media, especially when you consider that they already have the third world giving us customer service over the phone and internet. There are different levels of shills with varying levels of English. We need to make people more aware of this and on a local level, we need to start collecting and sharing examples of their shilling so that their repeated tactics are obvious to all.

7 – We need to branch out into /pol/ as they simply have a far greater reader base. Flat earth threads often do pop up on there with about the same results as the ones here, but there are a number of reasons that this might even be more successful there. Firstly, they know damn well about the reality of shilling. Secondly, many of its users have already undergone significant paradigm shifts in converting from degenerate liberal cucks to religious conservative puritans.
>>
>>18622542

8 – Don’t despair when you’re outnumbered or overwhelmed. Forget the shills for a moment and remember that we’re fighting against wilful ignorance and cognitive dissonance. You remember what it’s like to believe in the globe, all of us do. At another time in your life you would have been right there with them shitposting in these threads, right? I know I would have. We will bring the world around one day, but we have to keep our expectations low so as to not suffer too much disappointment. Many people lurk 4chan and never post. Many people have turned onto flat earth already. Many more are of the right mind now to do so given the right exposure to this information. Keep your cool, keep your dignity, keep yourself on the noble path of truth and honour. It doesn’t matter if you look like a jabroni to some turkey on this Sudanese counterfeit Pokemon card trading forum. Overall we come out looking better to the unbiased eye because we’re the ones putting the real effort into this stuff.

Over time the mass perception will shift and we will be seen as pioneers, intellectuals and heroes, which will be our well-earned acclaims. On that note, we must all keep our egos and delusions of grandeur in check to avoid schisms within the movement. Be gentlemen, gentlemen. We need leadership, but we don’t need messiahs.
>>
>>18622545

9 – Don’t worry if you can’t answer someone’s question or argue their evidence. There have been many points raised both online and in person that I haven’t had an answer to right away. This doesn’t mean that you’re wrong or they’re right. Allow yourself to question whether you believe any of it at all anymore if you’re really stumped (after all, we’ve all been completely wrong before, right?) but remember that which lead you to believe this in the first place. Most of their best arguments rely on their model of the universe. Bring it back down to Earth. What can we prove here on Earth without relying on the word of some scientist who gets funded by god-knows who? Take the example of the vacuum I made in my earlier post. If you’re suspicious that we’ve ever been to space, then you have absolutely zero evidence of a naturally occurring vacuum. Respond to what you can but don’t stress about that which you can’t. If all else fails, fall back onto that which convinced you originally. Don’t get caught up in their web of lies.
>>
>>18621859

I'm not sure I get what you mean.
>>
>>18621439
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavendish_experiment
Using bad tips from the stupid is not a good way to improve yourself or others. Good way to get attention though.
>>
>>18621960
Unleeeeessss the sun rotates around the earth. Copernicus BTFO'ed.
>>
>arrest in Chile of the Norwegian adventurer who made an illegal trip from New Zealand to Antarctica
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10796100

> More on Norwegian sailor Jarle Andhoy’s arrest
http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/norwegian-sailor-jarle-andhoy-arrested.html

>Were Jarle Andhoy and crew murdered for sailing to Antarctica?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkq5CjLQFLk

I can’t find the footage of the military blockade Jarle and crew found in the way of Antarctica that forced him to turn back, but I’ve seen it in numerous videos. I’ll try to find it later and turn that clip into a webm. It’s a perfect no-effort response to these fucks who keep saying “why don’t you go to the south pole” as though we’re all Richard fucking Branson or something.
>>
>>18621677
gravity
>>
So, people used to think the earth was flat, then they did math and said it wasn't. Why did the establishment choose to go with the round earth? Did the people that theorized that the earth was round just get it wrong and the shadow goverment just decided to run with it? Or did they convince people it was round in the first place to keep people from... what? Regular people couldn't even get to the "edge" of the earth until the last century or so with flight and modern cold weather gear. Anyone in the 18th century that wanted to get to the edge literally couldn't without a major undertaking and money/permission from their ruler, who could have just said "lol no". It's been at least 500 to a thousand years since the earth being round was common knowledge. Why would they feel the need to lie to 16th century commoners about something that wouldn't matter to them? That's like telling your 5 year old that it rains upside down in Australia. Were they just fucking with us? Why would they need to cover up something that wouldn't matter for hundreds of years. That of course begs the question as to why they would cover it up in the first place. I guess something is on the other side of Antarctica? Is the cover up the fact that there's no edge at all and we're actually living in a flat simulation with simulated space that didn't have the resources to render a round earth?
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11IqwcnWPY

Get a load of these scammers
>>
Ex-Flat Earth here, ask me anything
>>
>>18622650

When did you realize that the flat Earth movement was a CIA psyop?
>>
>>18622650
Who did you think benefited from saying the earth was round?
>>
>>18622650
Did you get to see Sineads tits?
>>
>>18622653
Well it was the southern star rotation that made me start to really question things. The FE model simply cannot explain the observations. Then I found many other holes after that.

>>18622655
It's not like I went from a normie to a flat earther back to a normie. I still believe in a control system which teaches us false hoods about the world we live in. A misinformed populace is easy to control. The control system wants to destroy belief in god and push the atheistic nihilistic moral-relativism that defines our degenerate modern culture. I still believe all that.
So they invented the round Earth and the vast universe of meaninglessness to indoctrinate people into a certain way of thinking.

I still believe that, but the Earth is spherical, according to observations.
>>
File: 1483391385878.jpg (68KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483391385878.jpg
68KB, 530x600px
>>18622664
I have not seen any tits because of Flat Earth
>>
>>18622674
So its more like the flat chest theory?
>>
>>18622667
>Well it was the southern star rotation that made me start to really question things.

What exactly are you referring to here?

>It's not like I went from a normie to a flat earther back to a normie. I still believe in a control system which teaches us false hoods about the world we live in. A misinformed populace is easy to control. The control system wants to destroy belief in god and push the atheistic nihilistic moral-relativism that defines our degenerate modern culture. I still believe all that.
>So they invented the round Earth and the vast universe of meaninglessness to indoctrinate people into a certain way of thinking.

I appreciate your way of thinking. It's sad that we have lost you. I hope one day we can win you back, but regardless of any of that, you are still my ally in the grander scheme.
>>
>>18622686
>What exactly are you referring to here?
I'm referring to this. The FE theory states that the stars all rotate around a single point (approx. the star Polaris). This necessitates that the stars make wider and wider circles around Polaris the further away (south) you go.
However, in the southern hemisphere, one can observe that the stars do not make larger circles, in fact they rotate around ANOTHER point, which is in the south, and they rotate in the opposite direction.
Additionally, in the FE theory, South is "away from the centre". South Africa, South America and Australia are all looking in completely different directions if they look "southwards", yet they see the SAME stars rotating around the same point, much like in the northern hemisphere.
>>
File: Azimuthal Equidistant Projection.jpg (587KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Azimuthal Equidistant Projection.jpg
587KB, 1600x1600px
>>18622700
I maek diagrem
>>
>>18622686
Can you answer these questions? >>18622603

Also, every single shred of evidence I've ever seen for the flat earth is just debunking the round earth. It's either debunking nasa, or trying to explain away reasons for the sun/stars/planes. Where's the evidence that the earth is flat? How do you know the earth isn't a super massive sphere bigger than Jupiter, and Antarctica is just a wall the rest of the world built around us? How do you know the earth isn't a cube, with us on one side?
>>
>>18622718
Ex-FE fag here.
Yes much of the good points brought forth by the FE are actually debunking NASA. NASA faked the moon landing and a whole lot of other things, and I believe they are lying about the natural of Earth and the solar system.

This is why the FE psy-op was created in my opinion: to associate questioning NASA with a debunkable and crazy sounding theory. Now if someone wants to look up NASA fakery, they'll be bombarded by Flat Earth videos and probably give up.
The FE theory popped up just when a lot of people were starting to seriously look into NASA.
>>
>>18622726
Oh yeah, I definitely think NASA is lying about a shit ton of stuff, and I don't trust them for a second. It just never made sense to me to make the leap from "nasa is lying" to "the earth is flat". I do think we've been to the moon though, I just think we found something up there that they had to hide. There's a lot of technology they're likely hiding from us.
>>
>>18622732
I kinda lean the other way, I think the government is less powerful than they claim but they boast big about their capabilities.
Like the Wizard of Oz, just smoke and mirrors from behind the curtain.
>>
>>18622739
I don't think they're super advanced, just that they hold things back from the public. The important thing is that we can't really know anything for sure due to how were lied to. That's why so many conspiracies theories can exist at the same time, with some most likely true, and others blatantly false. You can't really be sure what the truth is. Pretty sure that's the way they want it.
>>
>>18622748
Yes, maximum confusion.
>>
File: Pillars of Creation.jpg (241KB, 800x918px) Image search: [Google]
Pillars of Creation.jpg
241KB, 800x918px
U GUYS ARE SORTA RETARDED, U BASE YOUR ASSUMPTIONS OFF THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IN HISTORY IS MANIPULATED AND BECAUSE OF HOW JAGGED THE PIECES ARE YOU ARE FORCED INTO THIS FLAT EARTH CRAP, DON'T GET ME WRONG THEIR EXISTS A UNIVERSE OUT THERE WHERE THE EARTH IS INDEED FLAT BUT ITS NOT THIS ONE
>>
>>18622766
Fun fact: in the Tolkien universe, which is based on the pre-ice age earth. The earth used to be flat, but the chief god made it round later on.
>>
One thing I never understand about Flat Earthers...

why the fuck would someone keep the earth being round a secret
>>
File: 1444650010668.jpg (33KB, 426x304px) Image search: [Google]
1444650010668.jpg
33KB, 426x304px
So I know /x/ is /x/ and all, but really? You faggots have a flat earth general now? And the majority of the board is ok enough with it to not shitpost this to oblivion or let this tripfucks thread slide to 404 with not a single reply? Really..?
>>
>>18622782
thats the only thing? did you suffer an injury or have you always been retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 258x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 258x225px
Holy shit there is a flat earth general now?
>>
>>18618874
why not?
>>
>>18622700
>>18622706
/thread
>>
Flatearthers are retards
>>
File: flat earther.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
flat earther.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
This is never adressed. I dont think it will be adressded this time. Just to show that the flat earth model fails at multiple levels
>>
erf aint flat

go get yor dik sucked
>>
>>18622910
The flat earth people just ignore every difficult question. The dude was fighting tooth and nail with people earlier in the thread when people were arguing things easily retorted.
>>
File: esqueleto.jpg (63KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
esqueleto.jpg
63KB, 720x480px
>>18622894
Also, how do we explain Venus cycles? We don't always get a fully illuminated sphere. It has phases similar to the moon. Planets develop into spheres. Why would we be in a dome with a flat surface? Do they need us to be special snowflakes?

This general is cancer.

On the point regarding Polaris, the area it belongs to in the sky is celestial north. This set of stars will cycle out because of our tilt and progression.

Even if you're a Christfag, you can at least give your deity the credit for such a beautiful cosmic creation.

Abandon all Calvanism.
We're fucking up this planet.
Take care of this gift or be cast out of paradise
>>
>>18622706
whoa
>>
File: 1485203870472.gif (342KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1485203870472.gif
342KB, 1000x750px
>>18622910
You could expand on this with how many lumens are in an area. They have a drop off rate that makes sense with our distance to the sun and seasonal tilt.

But that's adding too much physics for these tards to comprehend.
>>
>>18622791
That's my biggest "why?" Everything else is at least based in ignorance and bad observation, but there's never a good explanation for the cover up. It's usually just "to control people because the bible is right" or some bullshit
>>
File: 1486050571611.jpg (45KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1486050571611.jpg
45KB, 612x612px
>>18623000
Thanks Kek
>>
>>18623000
ugh
>>
>>18622706
that makes no sense - people in the southern hemisphere see entirely different stars from the northern hemisphere
>>
>>18622542
/pol/ is trash
>>
>>18622572
It doesn't though
>>
>>18622726
>NASA faked the moon landing
still harping on this old chestnut?
>>
>>18622726
>>18622732
>>18623161
Concerning NASA faking the moon landing the context of that statement must be understood.

The FACTS are that video recorded footage at the time was incapable of surviving the travel between Earth and space without serious distortion. Stanley Kubrick's help was sought to recreate footage as if it came from the moon because that would be the best proof for America to flaunt at the Russians as well as boost the moral for people at home.

Simple as that.
>>
File: 1405105302630.jpg (82KB, 592x698px) Image search: [Google]
1405105302630.jpg
82KB, 592x698px
fuck off faggots
>>
File: stars.jpg (228KB, 1200x364px) Image search: [Google]
stars.jpg
228KB, 1200x364px
>>18622700
>My theory states all stars rotate around polaris

Oh, okay then. Boy that was an easy theory to disprove. Just go outside and look up. Only stars in the Northern hemisphere rotate around polaris.
>>
File: 1474564710061.jpg (49KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
1474564710061.jpg
49KB, 600x588px
>>18623195
sage sage saged
go do something constructive with your lives flat earth faggots, like eating a bullet.
>>
File: 1400206567836.jpg (39KB, 499x336px) Image search: [Google]
1400206567836.jpg
39KB, 499x336px
>>18623205
dumb people haul trash around.
>>
>>18623190
Even brings up Kubrick again.

It's 1975 all over again
>>
>>18623190
>the best proof for America to flaunt at the Russians as well as boost the moral for people at home.
Here's a question.

Why the fuck didn't the Russians prove it was fake and humiliate America? Why did they concede it was real?
>>
>>18623221
Because the Russians were secretly working with the Americans, dumbass.
>>
File: pxixt06ao1wt9hob76lo.jpg (48KB, 636x434px) Image search: [Google]
pxixt06ao1wt9hob76lo.jpg
48KB, 636x434px
>>18622410
>Taking my post seriously
>Opinions
Wewlad
>>
File: the-best-sunset-ever.jpg (22KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
the-best-sunset-ever.jpg
22KB, 550x366px
>>18623288
How convenient.
>>
>>18622784
Instead of a normal crashlanding the plane, you crash the plane into the buildings.
>>
>>18623221
It could be that the footage was fake, but we still landed on the moon. The Soviets would look petty getting them to admit it since it was just a matter of "recreating" the landing. However, the Soviet angle is the reason i dont think it was totally fake, they knew whether or not we went to the moon due to the shit ton of spies they had here (McCarthy did nothing wrong), period . They also had a vested interest in humiliating the US, because at the time a lot of commies were getting ready for a violent US Soviet revolution that never happened.
>>
>>18622706

The stars move in a 24 hour cycle, the same as the sun. Therefore, at night, they see the same stars in the same way that they each share the same sun and moon.
>>
>>18623459
The Russians, the US and UK fought together in WWII, annihilated their opposition and carved up Europe to share between them. From then-on they created the myth of the cold war and faked conflicts between each other to justify their attacks on Korea, Vietnam, etc. At the highest levels, they were always in cahoots.
>>
>>18623155

Shills get so salty about /pol/
>>
>>18623605
or here's a thought, maybe it's just, you know, actually trash you fucking idiot
>>
>>18623190
>the video footage was incapable of surviving the travel between earth and space without serious distortion

Why?
>>
>>18622549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgY8zNZ35uw
here quit ignoring this and refute it.
>>
>>18623288
>But your theory makes no sense!
>Thats ok I have a convenient reason for that and it also makes no sense.
>>
>>18622549
>If you're suspicious there's a naturally occurring vacuum, then you have zero evidence of a naturally occurring vacuum.

No. It does not work that way.

Ignoring evidence does not make the evidence go away. It just makes you ignorant.
>>
Reminder if you're not a flat earther you don't belong on /x/.

Stop bringing the board quality down with your Baal worship, globeheads.
>>
>>18623053
You don't get it.

>>18623196
Are you retarded? That's what I said. That's why the FE theory is wrong.
>>
>>18623288
That's lucky.
>>
>>18623710
there are no real flat earthers
>>
>>18621465
gravity doesn't exist
therefore mass = weight
therefore density = weight/volume
>>
>>18621642
interesting theory, there has been quite some disinfo effort lately about more lands, 33 continents beyond Antarctica but nobody has ever been able to substantiate this claim. All we got is a map from an old news paper that could be a forgery.
tothetrash.png
>>
I live in western Kansas, near the Colorado line.

When I look out to the West, I cannot see the Rocky Mountains. I can drive about 30 miles and just start seeing the highest peaks. Another 30 miles and I can see the tops of the whole range. Keep going and the tops rise up higher and higher until I reach Denver.

>flat earth
>>
>>18622334
multi layer CGIs, foreground is the mockup of the space shit, behind you see a real footage filmed through a fish eye lens.
Why do you think there are so many bubbles during spacewalks? there are filmed in a swimming pool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImL9OUsorSM
>>
>>18624101
>When I look out to the West, I cannot see the Rocky Mountains. I can drive about 3

air density, fog, haze, smog, rain, your eyes, perspective
all these factors prevent you from seeing to infinity.
>>
>>18623000
; ^ )
>>
>>18622910
you always come with this pic but always fail to answer where you got those numbers from?
Also you disregard many factors like perspective and the fact that light doesn't travel to infinity. Because of the latter, no matter the angle, an object going away from the camera will appear smaller and eventually disappear.
>>
File: timelapse - Sunset.webm (606KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
timelapse - Sunset.webm
606KB, 720x576px
>>18622910

watch and learn
>>
>>18624197
>Also you disregard any factors like perspective
Wrong, that's exactly what the calculation is about

>>18624200
Weird how this video shows the sun getting smaller, when no one ever observes that in real life. The sun always remains the same size in the sky. If FE were true, the sun would be MUCH larger at midday than in the afternoon.
>>
>>18624113
or the earth is round

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>18624207
If someone believes in the flat earth, they also believe in the geocentric model of the solar system, which means the sun rotates around the earth (or is a hologram). Might as well believe atlas is holding the world up.
>>
File: 18myou0kz7ujejpg-1.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
18myou0kz7ujejpg-1.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>18624273

Not Atlas, held up by elephants standing on giant space turtle
>>
>>18624200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbOYvu2X8yQ
>>
>>18624200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbMjk548a7I
>>
File: concave.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
concave.gif
2MB, 320x180px
We live in Mother's womb.
>>
If the Earth is round, why are all the maps people use in squares?
>>
>>18624076
lies
>>
>>18618719
list all laws of physics that don't apply in space and the NASA reason for this.
>>
The earth is actually a Reuleaux triangle.
>>
>>18624113
>seeing to infinity.
The Rocky Mountains aren't even a thousand miles from Kansas. And >>18624101 states he's near the Colorado line.
>>
>>18624076
What does gravity have to do with mass? Even if gravity doesn't exist mass still does.
>>
>>18625333
wut?
>>
Earth is flat
>>
>>18623592
Hole E SHIT
>>
>>18625666
nah
>>
>>18625677
I have proof
>>
>>18625671
I know right? It was a shock to us all.
>>
we haven't seen aliens yet because rocket ships have been blasting off sideways instead of up, thus proving our earth is flat
>>
>>18625690
show it
>>
File: IMG_20161027_090733.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161027_090733.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>18624108
>Real footage with fisheye
>Actually it's swimming pool
I've actually visited the NBL and watched astronauts training with the ISS mock-up live. Hate to break it to you, but what's seen underwater looks entirely different than the ISS footage from space.

>Inb4 muh CGI
There's no green screen
>>
god damn it this shit makes me want to commit genocide
>>
File: tinfoil.jpg (64KB, 433x498px) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil.jpg
64KB, 433x498px
>>18623190
>The FACTS are that video recorded footage at the time was incapable of surviving the travel between Earth and space without serious distortion.

Actually this is far from the truth. The truth is the video footage was being sent to earth, and viewed, in realtime. The photographs were not harmed by the radiation belt, neither were the astronauts. Do some research before spouting bullshit.
>>
I love how conspiracy theorists claim everything NASA says is a lie and space travel is impossible, and when asked they cite the Van Allen belts.

Even though the Van Allen belts were only discovered because of a NASA space probe.
>>
>>18621819
Yeah dude its really wierd how mad people get about flat earth. When it comes down to ot, they are defending someone elses word
>>
>>18625701
thats not how flattards work. They ignore evidence and logic and just say its true because reasons.
>>
It would be impossible for the earth to satellite the sun how it does now if
>>
>>18625756
No, its not weird. Half of the people itt actually believe in the FE Theory, the others are either trolls are trying to debate facts. I know for a fact that the earth isn't flat BUT I have no issue with open discussion on the topic, what I do have an issue with is trolls trying to over exaggerate the claims just to dissuade others, its fucking stupid.
>>
>>18625756

I think it has to do with the fact that everyone has had to formulate their own worldview based on such bizarre premises like the spherical earth, the vast emptiness of the universe, all the crazy movement we're completely unaware of and that we can't trust our own senses. It's human nature to try to make sense of our reality and when we're given such a backwards and nonsensical reality to make sense of we end up with a really personal interpretation. There's a lot of pride wrapped up in this interpretation as well because it takes so much abstract thought to get there that we each feel like a genius just by believing what we've been taught growing up. Not to mention that we're also raised to believe that the globe is pretty much the symbol of modern human advancement and why we're so much smarter than anyone in history.

Then one day a flat earther comes around and simply states a contrary opinion and suddenly their entire world is threatened. Not just their world but they themselves feel like they're being attacked because their special unique interpretation that they've struggled with for so many years to make any sense of the world is being threatened. It's crazy because the flat earth model of reality is so much more simple and serene. It really puts you back in touch with nature and with yourself on a deep level. The difference in psyche between a globe and a flat earther is so readily apparent in this thread.
>>
>>18625720

>Question whether NASA has lied to us about moon landings
>Take NASA's word for it
>>
>>18625804
>>18625804
Nah, people get mad about flat earth because it's just really, really stupid.

Not just stupid but dishonest. Believing in flat earth requires not only total ignorance of simple observations, but outright lying and childish denial.

This statement, for example

>The flat earth model of reality is so much more simple

Is just a straight up lie.
>>
>>18625832

Nice arguments there bro. Mind if I use them some time?
>>
>>18625858
The spherical earth is far, far simpler than anything flat earthers are able to come up with. Everything about the model is consistent, any question you come up with has answers.

Flat earth model can't even answer basic questions like "How do eclipses work?" Or, "how come there are different stars in the southern hemisphere?"
>>
File: conspiracy link.jpg (29KB, 176x311px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy link.jpg
29KB, 176x311px
>>18623008
dankest of dank
One for you. Keep it safe.
>>
>>18625817
>nasa
>"It is photoshopped, but it has to be"
>>
>>18625871

>The spherical earth is far, far simpler

Jesus Christ no. The globe earth theorists have been patching holes in their theory for over 3 centuries now starting with gravity as the much needed solution to the problem of "well why don't most of us just fall off this ball?". Since then gravity has been used as a cure-all for whatever ails your failed theory such as when I ask how our atmosphere can stay stuck to the earth when there's such a vast and incredibly empty vacuum RIGHT NEXT TO IT. Even when you slimy fucks try to pretend that a vacuum doesn't pull but rather it is atmospheric pressure that pushes, you still admit that a high pressure system will naturally disperse into a low pressure system. BUT THEN when I ask why this doesn't happen to our atmosphere, your only response is, of course, GRAVITY! And yet according to your own damn model, gravity has less and less effect the further away you are from its source, but somehow it manages to trap in the thinnest, lightest, most furtherest away of gases that hang out at the supposed 800 mile high exosphere. YOUR MODEL DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, IT CONTRADICTS ITSELF LIKE THIS CONSTANTLY.
>>
>>18624207

Do you live near the equator? Do you ever talk to people who live near the equator and ask them what the sun looks like from there?
>>
>>18625919
as an aussie the sun can fuck off right about now mate that cunt is still hanging in the sky.
>>
>>18625885
>It is photoshopped, but it has to be

For anyone who doesn't know what anon here refers to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IigdJjB2TkQ
>>
>>18625915
>for over three centuries

The earth is known to be round for closer to 3,000 years. Flat earthers are ignorant of history as they are ignorant of anything else.

>you still admit that a high pressure system will naturally disperse into a low pressure system

Gravity explains why there is high air pressure at sea level, and low air pressure at high altitude.

People who don't believe in gravity cannot explain this.

>gravity has less and less effect the further away you are from its source

The square of the distance, yes.

>The exosphere only goes up to 800 miles

Only 800 miles? Well that's not very far. Gravtiy at 800 miles up is only slightly weaker than it is at sea level.

>it contradicts itself like this constantly

That's not a contradiction. It's not even close to a contradiction. In fact, you can't come up with even one single contradiction in the round earth model.
>>
>>18625921

That's funny, you sound more like a whinging bloody pommy bastard to me mate.
>>
File: 1466213288763.jpg (41KB, 474x378px) Image search: [Google]
1466213288763.jpg
41KB, 474x378px
I really applaud whoever started popularizing the flat earth theory again.

Never seen a more efficient way to spot an absolute fucking moron, than when they say "I believe in the flat earth theory". You know they are probably just above min functioning iq.
>>
>>18625936
This. Its like saying water is actually red, and if you think its clear or blue, you're wrong.

The theory has had zero credibility for a fucking eternity, and can be disproved by leaving your house. Then all the sudden facebook morons start buying into it again like its the middle ages, and then we get shit like this on /x/, like its somehow related.
>>
>>
>>18625927
Oi mate just cause me dad hooked up with a Sheila don't mean nothin' mate <3
>>
>>18622706
Proof that earth is not flat, not round but inverse. Were on the INSIDE of a sphere.
>>
>>18625925

>The earth is known to be round for closer to 3,000 years. Flat earthers are ignorant of history as they are ignorant of anything else.

You know how I know you've only got a high school education of history? Because you cite Eratosthenes as proof that the globe earth has been the prevalent belief for longer than a few centuries (if that). Also, you didn't refer to him by name and it's much closer to 2000 years.

>Gravity explains why there is high air pressure at sea level, and low air pressure at high altitude.

>People who don't believe in gravity cannot explain this.

Density.

>Only 800 miles? Well that's not very far. Gravtiy at 800 miles up is only slightly weaker than it is at sea level.

That's funny cause supposedly you can orbit the earth from as little as 160 miles up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit

In any case, you still haven't explained why this should stop the atmosphere from just fucking off into space.

>That's not a contradiction. It's not even close to a contradiction. In fact, you can't come up with even one single contradiction in the round earth model.

Sure, whatever you say boss.

You want some more contradictions? How about centrifugal force? How about the supposed speeding up and slowing down of the earth, the various motions it's meant to be taking as it orbits something that orbits something that orbits something and so on, at speeds greatly magnified between each of these, none of which we are able to ever detect or sense here on Earth. None of which has any effect on our atmosphere, even though the first and slowest of these supposedly DOES effect our atmosphere greatly. What about the fact that the red shifting we can see from Earth seems to imply that we're at the center, otherwise everything is constantly growing farther and farther away from everything else which is a contradiction in itself.

YOUR MODEL IS RIDICULOUS. GIVE IT UP BEFORE YOU START TO LOOK FOOLISH.
>>
>>18625953

Yeh alright mate. Cheers for the Mr. Whippy cone.
>>
>>18625948

Even as a flat earther I think this pic is hilarious. I love the Minecraft one too.

Dinosaurs aren't real either though btw.
>>
>>18625971

Could be, could be. I wont discount anything without good reason any more. Flat just makes more sense to me though.

>>18623592
>>
>>18625984
yeah i had this mad idea one day like, what if theres only one complete t-rex dinosaur skeleton cause they could make any more out of the bones of the giants?
>>
>>18625974
Why do all objects of all forms of magnetism, density, mass, electric charge, color, and volume all fall to the earth at the rate of 9.81 meters per second squared?
>>
File: YourReadInMyVoiiice.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
YourReadInMyVoiiice.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
honestly, it's really discouraging to see this as a modern day theory, has intelligence really devolved to this?
>>
>>18625817
>>18625885
>>18625922
How is this somehow them lying, its simple logic. They edited photos together and enhanced. This has nothing to do with the FE Theory
>>
File: boi.jpg (302KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
302KB, 2048x1024px
>>18625984
>Dinosaurs aren't real either though btw.
>>
>>18618719
with most conspiracy theories, the safest route is to ask "who benefits from this?"

and every time i ask flat earthers "who benefits from most of the populus not knowing what shape the earth is in?" they always give me the same answer

it's "power" - a nebulous and easy cop out meaningless answer usually also rooted in antisemitism

please someone explain to me what the point is of this whole thing, is earth exclusive to this or are other planets also domes/squares/whatever, and if so, who honestly gives a fuck
>>
>>18626093
>BUT DUDE IF THEY KEEP MAKING US THINK DA EARTH IS ROUND THEY'LL KNOW WHEN SATURN GOD COMES TO CLAIM HIS THROWNE

flat earthers kill yourself
>>
>>18626067
no, hindsight is 20/20, this should make sense to everyone. a lot of us spent almost the last dozen years on this board, going through the motions of "does this person just think spooky shit is neat or do they actually think the earth is hollow and Antarctica is a gateway and biblical Armageddon is coming blah blah" we should have all seen it fucking coming that in the year 2017 we'll have neo-retards who spend all day on social media looking up memes they agree with and alienating everyone around them but turn around and product content apparently devoid of a primary education - all with the gusto and confidence as someone who actually knows about physics, chemistry, astronomy, etc should have
>>
looking at a meme on the internet doesn't make you a fucking expert on weather dynamics and the theory of relativity
>>
now someone on this fucking board better tell me im not the only one who's noticing that most dumbass conspiracy theories all root in the same "globalists" praxis of just being a closeted anti semite
>>
>>18626102
Well, to your point, our civilized brains are built on a primitive, animalistic core known as the R-complex. Deep inside every one of us are the savage instincts of our apelike ancestors. For a vast majority of people, this basic, brute nature is kept in check by our more highly evolved faculties - reason, intelligence, and logic. But since this country is so fat, lazy, and uneducated, a vast number of us are now controlled by our primitive brains. Last month, a reality show con artist was sworn in as president.
>>
>>18626044

Things of a similar density fall through the same atmosphere at a similar enough rate for people to claim it's a law. There's other things that affect the rate of descent though such as air resistance and of course density. Gases do not fall at 9.81 mps2, in fact many of them rise above the air we breathe. Really, our atmosphere as a whole makes very little sense with the whole gravity idea. I think it was in the last thread that someone said that the atmosphere rises to the point that it does because the sun heats it up (again, stupid cause wouldn't the sun be hotter up in the exosphere without the atmosphere blocking it, and therefore burn that shit right out into space? That's what we were meant to be worried about with that ozone layer bullshit, right? Of course now it's a greenhouse instead). Well it takes 100 degrees Celsius to heat water into steam and yet even in the dead of night we still have this atmosphere floating around us for hundreds of miles up into the air. Shouldn't gravity be pulling that shit downwards, compressing it into a puddle or something?

You see, I could go on all day with this shit.
>>
>>18626087

They have to stitch together our photos of Earth with images that could be taken with high altitude planes. Nothing to do with flat earth?
>>
>>18626093

It's about power through disempowerment. They have spun us a mythology that leaves us feeling scared, helpless, confused, like we're an accident, like we each don't have a birthright, like we're somehow unnatural or opposed to nature, thinking that there is no god, that death is the end of our experience, that everything is ultimately meaningless, that we could be swatted out of existence at any moment by any number of lovecraftian giant space objects, like our entire history is insignificant, and much much more. Honestly, I see this question replied to constantly but you people just keep asking it saying that we never answer, even in the same thread with multiple answers. It's really obvious stuff anyway that anyone who gave two thoughts on the matter could think of an answer to. Stop wasting my time you shill fucks.
>>
>>18626112

Belief in evolution is a mental disorder. You can keep deluding yourself but I know my true nature.
>>
>>18626009

Yes, this is a much more likely scenario than dinosaurs. We know that giant versions of existing animals and insects exist today and there's much record of giant humans even, although these discoveries are hushed up as soon as they're reported.
>>
>>18618756
>So at the equator, the ground beneath you moves at 1400 ftps, and your telling me I can't feel that while turning in a car, but I can't walk across a merry go round without falling down? Ballers need to explain this.
Do you not know what momentum is? If you jump in an airplane you don't go flying out the back of it at 500mph. Is that a simple enough analogy for your small, slow mind to comprehend?
>>
>>18618938
You somehow landed close to truth. Other planets are sort of real-sized scale models of other worlds, they're there but there's no life or any signs of it ever existing. Those worlds actually are inhabited but all we can see and explore are those empty rocks that represent something that's elsewhere. To actually visit other worlds is impossible to us, only higher entities can and it requires invitation from that world's "core". This is why space exploration is a massive waste of funds, at best we'll find some minerals we can't even extract and transport.

Earth isn't flat though.
>>
if the earth is flat how is possible the moon cycle? sometimes is full, wich suggest that the sun is on the other side of our point of view, sometimes is a quarter and finally it presents itself as a new moon.
new moon is allways near the aparent position of the sun

and what about the solar and lunar eclipses?
>>
V>>18626253
You see Timmy, you have a basic understanding of astronomy. Many of these "truthers" have none.

It's funny how someone claims the round Earth model doesn't add up, but when you ask them to explain our current Earth model, they get it wrong, or flat-out(hehe) don't know it.
>>
YO

YOU SAYIN

THE EARH
BE
FLAT N SHIT?
>>
>>18626697
PEAR-SHAPED SPINNING TESTICLE LIKE YOUR MOM.
>>
>>18626178
>gases do not fall at 9.81 m/s^2

Sure they do. Why wouldn't they? There is no other force acting on them because of gravity.

>many of them rise above the air we breathe

Only because the more denser gases sink and force it upwards.

The oil in your salad dressing rises to the top of the bottle, as the denser water layer sinks to the bottom.

Does this mean that gravity does not affect oil? It won't fall if you drop it? Of course not. Don't be stupid, friend.

>should't gravity be compressing the atmosphere into a puddle?

If gravity were very strong, and or the sun weren't heating the atmosphere, then yes, it would.

>I could go on all day being incredibly stupid about even basic science.

I bet you could.
>>
>>18626799

ANY PLANET I WANT
5 LIGHTYEARS
ALIEN TECH GRAD
>>
File: 1487002369452.png (1MB, 812x633px) Image search: [Google]
1487002369452.png
1MB, 812x633px
where does this picture come from? gnosticism?
>>
>>18626826
>Sure they do. Why wouldn't they? There is no other force acting on them because of gravity.

He is arguing that a sum of buoyancy, drag, and density is the cause of what we observe as gravity. Ignoring that gravity exists, it does become possible to create mathematical equations that describe the movement of objects in a fluid (e.g. our atmosphere) that would resemble the physical observations we see today.

Gravity really only becomes a necessary force in our physics model when you get to orbital mechanics, which flat earthers would reject as circular reasoning.
>>
>>18625974

>how do I know you've only got a HS education in science

Well you're wrong about that too

>I know because you cite Erastosthenes
>even though you didn't cite Erastosthenes

First, lol wut? Second, I didn't cite Erastosthenes because he was the first to accurately measure the circumference of the earth. Indeed, the ancient Greeks had figured out the round earth hundreds of years before he was even born.

>Density

This is not an explanation. It's a non-sequitor. It's handwaving.

>You can orbit the earth from as little as 160 miles up.

Yes. The exosphere is incredibly thin, and provides no real drag to passing vehicles. In fact after only about twenty miles, you're practically in a vacuum. What's your point?

>you still haven't exlained why this should stop the atmosphere from fucking off into space.

Do I really have to? Let's look at the free body diagram of an air molecule at twenty miles distance from the surface of the earth. Let's list all the forces working on it. Well there's... the force of gravity from earth... And well that's pretty much it. The force of gravity from the moon is weak enough we can pretty much neglect that. The force of gravity from the sun is strong, but that air molecule is orbiting around the sun, so we can remove that from our reference frame.

And... that's it. The only force working on the molecule is gravity. Vacuum is not a force. So there's nothing to pull it out into space. What you keep failing to realize is action needs a force to happen. This is basic HS stuff here.

>how about centrifugal force

Not a contradiction

>how about the supposed speeding up and slowing down of the earth

You mean it's elliptical orbit? Also not a contradiction. It follows directly from a simple understanding of gravity.

>How come I can't feel it spinning

Again, not a contradiction. Furthermore this is something that's been explained to you many times.
>>
>>18625974
>muh red shift

The entire universe is expanding. Pick any point in the universe. From that perspective, everything is red shifted. Blow up a balloon half way. With a sharpie, put dots all over it. Pick a dot. Any dot. Now keep blowing it up. All the dots move away from the dot you pick. The same thing happens with every other dot.

>Your model is ridiculous

If this is true, how come you can't find one thing that's wrong with it? Your personal incredulity only makes you look ridiculous, not the model.
>>
I'm back!<3
>>18622564
The Cavendish experiment can be explained via density or electromagnetism/static forces. Between the balls, which were made of lead I might add, their is less dense matter. Let's call it air, because that's what it is. On the outside of this, is also air, but in greater quantities. Basically what he found was probably one of two things...either the larger atmospheric pressure outside of the balls was greater than between them, so they "gravitated" together due to pressure differentials, or some electric/magnetic force was acting upon them. They were lead after all. This is also known as "greater and lesser infinities" in the first example, or the "casmir effect" in the second example.
>>
>>18627148
Nope. There were no sealed containers. Air pressure was equal across all surfaces. Electromagnetism cannot explain it, as there were no magnets involved, it was all grounded, and the Cavendish experiment can be reproduced with any given material, not just lead, so you can eliminate any kind of magnetic or static electricity interference. Oh,and electromagnetism is a repulsiive as well as attractive force. Gravity only attracts. The Electric Universe nuts keep forgetting even the basics of electromagnetism when they try to shill this shit.

>greater and lesser infinities

Unequal infinities is a mathematical concept completely unrelated to any physical phenomenon we're discussing here.

>casimir effect

lol, no. You're really grasping at straws here. Casimir effect only happens at nanometer scales, not the scale of the Cavendish experiment.
>>
>>18626852

>The entire universe is expanding. Pick any point in the universe. From that perspective, everything is red shifted. Blow up a balloon half way. With a sharpie, put dots all over it. Pick a dot. Any dot. Now keep blowing it up. All the dots move away from the dot you pick. The same thing happens with every other dot.

This is in no way an accurate representation of the problem. This is basically a 2D model of a 3D situation. If everything was moving equally away from everything else, as the phenomena of red shifting indicates, then you would have things moving closer to one thing just to move away from another. Think about it (you wont). The only way the red shifting makes sense is if Earth has a special and central place in the universe.
>>
>>18622603
Round earth started the moment ships were able to navigate long distances. If you wrap a flat earth map around a ball, the Antarctic ice wall become a small desolate continent at the bottom. Why would anyone want to go down there? It is small and insignificant. They didn't want the truth discovered. You see, by hiding the Antarctic ice wall and saying were on a sphere, is subconsciously "locks us in" without our knowledge, as it is basically a ball prison. However if the earth is an infinite plane, with other "earth ponds" outside the ice wall with their own suns, people would naturally expand and conquer, something the ruling elite have long ago decided is their right and not ours. So they artificially keep us contained by conditioning us in school from day one, and militarily keep us out if you go there. Ever wonder why the anarctic treaty calls for "47 country's" to provide support for Antarctica? Cause you need a navy that big to protect the ice ring that surrounds your human feed lot. The military functions on a need to know basis, they're being duped as well.
>>18622964
The dome is a misconception that newcomers run into. We exist between two infinite flat plates, electromagnetic propagation of lights cause the "effect" of the sun setting a distance, perspective, horizon, etc. It makes the stars look like they rise and set, when in reality the stars are a part of the flat plate above us. I do not know what they are, or what the sun and moon are, while I do have theories, I will not pretend to know the truth.
>>18626215
Why the insults? Are you another shill?
Your analogy fails, because in order for what you're saying to be accurate, I would have to be driving inside the plane. The earth in baller theory, is a ball, not flat like the inside of a plane. In this case as I drive over this ball I would feel gforces when I turn, more in one direction and less in another, because the ball is spinning.
>>
>>18626826

>Only because the more denser gases sink and force it upwards.

>The oil in your salad dressing rises to the top of the bottle, as the denser water layer sinks to the bottom.

There you go. Density at work.

>Does this mean that gravity does not affect oil? It won't fall if you drop it? Of course not. Don't be stupid, friend.

And what's the unnecessary theory in this situation?

>If gravity were very strong, and or the sun weren't heating the atmosphere, then yes, it would.

Strong enough to keep it from dispersing into an infinite vacuum. You people keep cherry-picking quotes from me so as to avoid the full implications of what I'm saying. It's dishonest and very transparent to anyone paying attention.

>I bet I could suck a nigger's dick all the way to the hilt.

See? I can make funny misquotes too!
>>
>>18626846

>Well you're wrong about that too

I said history, dipshit.

>First, lol wut? Second, I didn't cite Erastosthenes because he was the first to accurately measure the circumference of the earth. Indeed, the ancient Greeks had figured out the round earth hundreds of years before he was even born.

They were still geocentrists + not all Greeks + Greece =/= the world.

>This is not an explanation. It's a non-sequitor. It's handwaving.

Your question didn't require any more than that one word.

>Yes. The exosphere is incredibly thin, and provides no real drag to passing vehicles. In fact after only about twenty miles, you're practically in a vacuum. What's your point?

Nice barrier you have there between our atmosphere and that vacuum bro.

>Do I really have to? Let's look at the free body diagram of an air molecule at twenty miles distance from the surface of the earth. Let's list all the forces working on it. Well there's... the force of gravity from earth... And well that's pretty much it. The force of gravity from the moon is weak enough we can pretty much neglect that. The force of gravity from the sun is strong, but that air molecule is orbiting around the sun, so we can remove that from our reference frame.

Muh gravity.

>And... that's it. The only force working on the molecule is gravity. Vacuum is not a force. So there's nothing to pull it out into space. What you keep failing to realize is action needs a force to happen. This is basic HS stuff here.

All I ever hear from you people is "basic HS stuff".

>Not a contradiction

How so?

>You mean it's elliptical orbit? Also not a contradiction. It follows directly from a simple understanding of gravity.

Muh gravity.

>Again, not a contradiction. Furthermore this is something that's been explained to you many times.

Yes, with linear trajectories. Very much unrelated to these circular motions.
>>
>>18626253
>>18626677there are videos of lunar eclipses occurring with both sun and moon in the sky. And documentation of it occurring in the past before 1900s easily.
>>18626846
Strangely enough erastosthenes didn't prove anything. Except maybe that the sun isn't 93 mil miles away. Ballers ignore the fact that the atmosphere is convex, and is missing the other half of a convex atmospheric lens, in which case the sun should be burning us like ants under a magnifying glass. In the case of a thin upper atmosphere, you only prove flat earthers correct in the fact that planes should merely be able to levitate and then land to go to west. But they don't, meaning the earth is not rotating.
>>
>>18627344
>that is in no way an accurate representation

It's an analogy, but it's an accurate one.

>then you would have things moving closer to another

No you wouldn't. The dots on the balloon don't move closer together, extending to three dimensions wouldn't change anything. You can create 3d models that work the same way.

>red shifting only makes sense if the earth is special and the center of the universe

Nope, for reasons already explained.

>round earth started the moment ships were able to navigate long distances

Probably, yes. The Ancient Greeks would have just been the ones who first wrote about it.

>a small desolate continent at the bottom

Yes, Antarctica, which thousands of people visit every year

>Why would they want to

Sense of exploration. I wouldn't expect a shut-in to understand, but yes that's a thing people have.

>ever wonder why the antarctic treaty calls to provide support

Which article of the treaty calls for support specifically? There's no call for military support, certainly. And there is no navy encircling it.

>muh flat infinite planes

You're just going full retard.

>>18627360

>There you go, density at work

No, gravity at work. Gravity is what pulls the water down. Without gravity, it'd all just float around like a lava lamp.

>Strong enough to keep it dispersing into a vacuum

Given that vacuum isn't a force, gravity doesn't need to be very strong.

>I'm a racist too

That doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>18627261
Wtf are you talking about? No one said anything about sealed containers....the balls were made of lead...electromagnetism or electrostatic forces... Yes you can seperate the forces....that's how a van degraff works. And the greater and lesser infinities, how do you think density separation works? Layers coagulate in resprespect to their own density, their own "kind." So why would to lead objects pull towards each other? I'm going to have to watch this electric universe shit, because I keep being called an electric universe shill even though I have no idea what it is. :/ how do you know the casmir effect wouldn't affect it? Its lead balls.

Question:
Dear ballers, please explain how you have a magnetic core. Because iron loses its magnetic properties when heated..so where does it come from? I have yet to see this question asked on any flat earth forum.
>>
>>18627382
>they were still geocentrists

Yes. Round earth geocentrists. Heliocentrism came later.

>didn't require anything more than one word

It requires an explanation. If you've got a one word explanation, that's great. But "density" ain't it.

>nice barrier between our atmosphere and that vacuum

What's the barrier between sea level and mountain tops? According to you, all the air should just rush up from sea level to the mountain tops.

>All I hear from you people is basic HS stuff

Yes, and that's because all the questions you ask are very basic things that even a school child should be able to understand. The fact that you don't understand them suggests you either haven't gotten to high school yet, or dropped out because you are so stupid. Or, possibly, you're stupid and underage.

>how so

A contradiction is when you compare to things and there's some kind of inconsistency or opposition where the two things cannot be true at the same time.

Centrifugal force does not contradict anything in the round earth model.

>muh gravity

Exactly. What's the part you don't understand?

>there are videos of lunar eclipses occuring with both the sun and the moon in the sky

Yes, of course. A selenehelion. Technically it happens with every eclipse, though it's not observed from every spot on earth.

This is proof of a round earth. It is impossible to happen on a flat earth.

>except maybe the sun isn't 93 million miles away

The sun being very far away, and the sun's rays being parallel, was already well known before Erastothenes' birth. You are correct in stating that his measurement depended on that previous observation.

>the atmosphere should fry us like ants

Nope.

>planes should be able to levitate and then land to the west.

No, for a variety of reasons, including inertia and the atmosphere rotating with the earth.
>>
>>18627434
>who said anything about sealed containers

You implied it when you suggested the atmospheric pressure were greater on one side than the other.

>yes you can separate forces that's how a van de graff generator works

No, a van de graff generator works by separating electric charges, not forces. Charges and forces are two different things. Again, these are basic principles school children should learn.

Nothing in Cavendish's experiment created a static charge or a magnetic field. Furthermore, these are things you can detect and eliminate in any controlled experiment.

>How do you think density separation works... layers coagulate in respect to their own density

No they don't. In the case of liquids they separate into aqueous and non-aqueous layers. This is because of hydrogen bonding in polar solvents, which I'm quite sure is beyond your level.

You can mix two different liquids of two different densities perfectly well, given they share similar chemistry. As for gases, they'll all mix given time.

Unequal infinities has literally nothing to do this. I don't even know why you're imagining this.

>so why would lead objects pull towards each other

Gravity, you fucking retard. Gravity. You ever heard of gravity?

>how does the earth's magnetic field work, because iron loses it's magnetic properties when heated

You're right, it's not a permanent iron bar magnet. It's a dynamo, caused by electrically conductive fluids moving in a convection cell.
>>
File: true earth.png (376KB, 590x960px) Image search: [Google]
true earth.png
376KB, 590x960px
all of you are wrong....... duh.
>>
>>18627392

>There are videos of lunar eclipses ocurring with both sun and moon in the sky

Well. I don't want to see a video that could be modified, every flat earther claim the videos showing a round Earth are CGI, why should I believe what they claim a "real video"?

>Documentation of it ocurring in the past before 1900

Again, why would I believe a piece of paper that was writed centuries before I was born?

I am a little fanatic of the astronomy and like to see the sky every now and then, lunar eclipses I have seen a lot and every time is at night-time, did you see in person one that was with the Sun in the sky at the same time?

What about the planetary movement and the aparent bucles that Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus (not pun intended) do?

Why Mercury is allways near the Sun in different positions but sometimes we can't see it? it's like the Sun's little puppy

My favorite constellation is Orion, wich is allways facing the south under 90° and depending of the time of the year can move furter to the south, what is the explanation for this. I can prove it because I see it almost every night

What about seasons? why are they possible in a flat earth model?
>>
File: selenehelion.png (102KB, 1060x799px) Image search: [Google]
selenehelion.png
102KB, 1060x799px
>>18627565
Here look, I drew a little diagram to show how it works. It's not complicated.

Don't know why flatearthers keep bringing it up though, given it debunks their model.
>>
>>18627616
ty, hopefully I will see a selenelion in the future, I was expecting what are the answers that a flat earther gives to logical questions
>>
>>18618874
There's nothing to slow it... like a ball thrown in space
>>
>>18620395
25,000 tourists visit Antarctica a year. Get some money together and go yourself.
>>
>>18620742
Okay. I'm in the UK. I'm gunna start insisting the rest of the world is just a collection of small islands and all that actually exists is the UK. Everything else is a lie. Makes about as much sense as your bollocks.
>>
>>18620882
What? This ONLY makes sense on a spherical earth. Its a shorter route over the top, but it appears a curve on a rectangular map where this is stretched. Consider the Russians launching nuclear missiles at the states. Do you propose they fire them in a straight line around the world? No, they fire them over the pole. On a map, this looks like a curve.
>>
>>18622334
Kickstarter for this please
>>
>>18626212
Get a boat and sail from south america to the southern tip of africa. According to flat earth this should be far, far further than spherical.
>>
>>18627344
A spherical balloon is a 2D model? That sounds a familiar contradiction
>>
>>18627344
This guy literally just described a sphere as a 2D model of a 3D situation and yet is arguing for a flat earth.

/thread
>>
>>18627350
Then why is it publically stated as the 5th largest continent, twice the size of australia etc etc? If a coverup of the scale you propose was possible, then we'd all think it was an island the size of... well, ireland
>>
>>18627350
The Antarctic Treaty was agreed in the 50's. Antarctica was discovered in the 1800's. Long distance sea travel well preceeds any Antarctic agreements.
>>
>>18627565
Go watch an Eclipse. They happen enough. I've seen two.
>>
>>18627781
Back in the 1800's that was a perilous trip, I'd think, and most of those that did make it would only get to the shores of the Antarctic continent. They would not necessarily suspect it was the edge of the world, or how vast it was, since they were not able to fully explore it inland due to the hardship of exploration-by-foot in icy desolate areas.

However, by the 50's they had long range planes that could explore it much more easily and that's when they must have figured out what was going on, and created the Antarctic agreements to keep whatever they found secret because it must have threatened existing power structures, or something like that.
>>
>>18628236
By 1800s they didn't need to cross the Antarctica to tell the world was round. By then they could, and did, sale around it, and it was a lot shorter than the equator.
>>
>>18627350
Please explain how electromagnetic propagation of lights cause an effect of the sun setting. Because I think you are just spewing words and actually believing them.

Also how convenient that you dont have the answer to how something that doesnt make any sense, makes sense. lol
>>
>>18627350
Also I like how the worlds elites are keeping such a massive secret and lying to us, yet the treaty you speak of is considered truth from the same people?
>>
File: 1486486318746.webm (1MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486486318746.webm
1MB, 720x576px
If you believe this is totally acceptable on the ISS, you will believe literally anything that comes from NASA
>>
File: 4535365.jpg (55KB, 1024x449px) Image search: [Google]
4535365.jpg
55KB, 1024x449px
FLAT
>>
File: image_zpst55rrmyi.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image_zpst55rrmyi.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: 1482987135353.jpg (34KB, 453x302px) Image search: [Google]
1482987135353.jpg
34KB, 453x302px
>>
>>18622784
Because Flat Earth is the truth
>>
>>
File: 1486517271780.jpg (759KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1486517271780.jpg
759KB, 1800x1800px
Heliocentrism was the way to go, since the alternative would be unacceptable to the scientific establishment.
>>
File: 1486342583025.jpg (63KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486342583025.jpg
63KB, 900x500px
>>
File: 1479778132923.jpg (64KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479778132923.jpg
64KB, 600x450px
Fake mars footage
>>
File: 2015-how-bigisthe-earth_nasa.png (235KB, 457x352px) Image search: [Google]
2015-how-bigisthe-earth_nasa.png
235KB, 457x352px
>>
>>
File: 5645643.jpg (579KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
5645643.jpg
579KB, 2048x2048px
Cartoon photo of earth, used literally everywhere
>>
File: earth_anomalies.png (725KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
earth_anomalies.png
725KB, 800x500px
>>18628640
copy-pasted cloud formations all over it
>>
File: 1471569594584.jpg (23KB, 646x236px) Image search: [Google]
1471569594584.jpg
23KB, 646x236px
>NASA
>A
>S
>A
>>
File: 435387957656.jpg (237KB, 946x710px) Image search: [Google]
435387957656.jpg
237KB, 946x710px
Tens of thousands of sattelites supposedly orbiting earth, but no real photos
>>
how do phones work?
>>
File: 19782012.jpg (81KB, 640x397px) Image search: [Google]
19782012.jpg
81KB, 640x397px
>>
File: 1486453383608.png (1MB, 1645x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1486453383608.png
1MB, 1645x1387px
>>
File: 1486497722114.png (1MB, 1299x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1486497722114.png
1MB, 1299x1056px
>>
File: 1486487059117.jpg (1MB, 2340x2335px) Image search: [Google]
1486487059117.jpg
1MB, 2340x2335px
>>
>>18628658
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7FUU7CThs
>>
File: 1486487125206.jpg (111KB, 1013x672px) Image search: [Google]
1486487125206.jpg
111KB, 1013x672px
>>
File: 1486497572436.jpg (1MB, 1591x1582px) Image search: [Google]
1486497572436.jpg
1MB, 1591x1582px
>>
File: antarcz - Copy.gif (21KB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
antarcz - Copy.gif
21KB, 200x199px
>>
File: ChKCtMRW4AAJ_Kt.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ChKCtMRW4AAJ_Kt.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>
File: LunarModule build quality.jpg (787KB, 2349x2373px) Image search: [Google]
LunarModule build quality.jpg
787KB, 2349x2373px
People believe the americans landed on the moon in this
>>
File: iss546533.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iss546533.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>18628677
Nice CGI m8.
Now please compare this still image from your CGI "live stream from the iss"...
>>
>>18626247
That's pretty spot-on.
>>
File: fb3465354.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fb3465354.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>18628699
...with this still pic from Felix Baumbartner's redbull jump.

Please make us flat earthers understand, how big is New Mexico and which one of these photos is .. well, real?
>>
>>18628691
Sure. What' wrong with that?
>>
>>18628671
>any clue what happened?

He turned slightly to the left? Seriously what am I supposed to see here?

Or in any other of these pictures?
>>
>>18628605
>>18628606
photoshopped/cgi
>>
File: AS11-40-5924HR.jpg (497KB, 2349x2373px) Image search: [Google]
AS11-40-5924HR.jpg
497KB, 2349x2373px
>>18628708
This is what 1950's CIA apparatus imagined a spacecraft that could land on the moon looked like.

Look at the dents and the welding on that piece of garbage.
You cannot possibly believe this could have resisted the flight to the moon.
>>
File: no-curvature.jpg (114KB, 1024x516px) Image search: [Google]
no-curvature.jpg
114KB, 1024x516px
>>18628717
Lol no.
I bet you're one of the retards who claim to have seen the curvature of the earth from the 10th floor of a building or from the beach
>>
>>18628725
you mean 1960's right?
>>
File: EIFFELTOWERCGI.png (462KB, 501x639px) Image search: [Google]
EIFFELTOWERCGI.png
462KB, 501x639px
>>18628707
>please help us understand

Different cameras, different lenses, all real pictures.
>>
>>18628725
I don't see any dents or wields.

I see seams and wrinkles in the insulation. But insulation of that sort is supposed to have wrinkles and loose seams of that sort. It improves insulation.

Why is that a problem for you? What do you think it's supposed to look like?
>>
File: Flat_earth-1.png (243KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flat_earth-1.png
243KB, 400x400px
>>18628749
Wrong.

-The still from the iss feed is CGI, so we can't talk about any lens

-In the footage from the redbull jump a fish-eye lens was used, as a result the state of New Mexico covers like 40% of the globe
>>
>>18628768
wrong pic
>>
>>18628762
nigga did you even zoom?
>>
>>18628768
>cgi

Nope. It's from a special light sensitive camera, but it's still real.

>a fish eye lens was used

Right, which is why the horizon appears so steeply curved. But it's still a real photo.

On a regular angle lens it would still be curved, just not so much.

The purpose of the camera, anon, wasn't to prove the earth was round. That had already been done. The purpose of the camera was to capture Baumgartner leaping from a wide an angle as possible.
>>
>>18628780
Yes, anon, but that doesn't have anything to do with this picture.

What you call "dents and welds" are not dents and welds. That's just fabric insulation, and it's intentionally been wrinkled to look that way. Same with the loosely fitting contact points.
>>
>>18628782
Wrong again, the purpose of the fish-eye lens camera was to show a spherical earth (and the over did it)

NASA and all other space agencies __LOVE__ to use fish-eye lens.

As a matter of fact, that's all they're using, because they (have to)
>>
>>18628725
>could not have resisted the flight to the moon

How much air resistance do you think is on the moon, anon?
>>
>>18628797
>the purpose of the fish eye lens was to show a spherical earth

Mmm, no it wasn't. The Red Bull team wasn't interested in the shape of the earth, especially considering everybody but retards knows it's round.

You flat earthers have a huge ego. Not everything is about you, you know.

>NASA and other space agencies love to use fish eye lens

Sure. Wide angle lens are very useful for covering wide angles. That's why they're used for security cameras and vehicle backup cameras on cars. They have a very practical purpose. And it's not because they're out to get you.
>>
>>18628798
It's not about air resistance m8.
Think about the vibrations caused by the engines on the way to the moon.

Threre's no way that frail structure could have resisted the continuous stress for such a long distance.
>>
>>18628804
How much vibration do you think there is in space?
>>
>>18628725
>lander and earth perfectly exposed
>earth totally not pasted in
>>
File: 1462941099571.jpg (232KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1462941099571.jpg
232KB, 640x800px
>>18628810
Nice try shill.

You know very well i was talking about the vibrations caused by the immense engines' thrust

Those vibrations are transfered to every part of the structure, regardless of the medium in which that vehicle is operating.
>>
File: Shuttlechallenger.gif (227KB, 960x554px) Image search: [Google]
Shuttlechallenger.gif
227KB, 960x554px
When the shit hits the fan, you NASA shills will be running and hiding like fucking rats.

Rest assured, there are many honest and angry people who will be out to get your asses.
>>
>>18628821
>Honest and angry

No honest person is angry at NASA.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/challenger.asp
>>
>>18628816
How intense are those vibrations, and at what point do they loosen the insulation fabric? What is the strength of the bonds on that fabric?

Please show your math.
>>
>>18628830
Let me ask you this, if you were to build a house for your dog, would you leave those huge gaps between the metal plates?

Remember, your dog doesn't vibrate.
>>
File: scobee.jpg (31KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
scobee.jpg
31KB, 500x428px
>>18628827
When you'll realise the entire space program is fake, you will be angry too
>>
>>18628845
>metal plates

Those aren't metal plates. That's insulation.

You don't actually think that's a part of the hull, do you? Or any structural support whatsoever?
>>
>>18628886
That's right, there's nothing wrong with the insulation being a little off from the structure itself.

After all, NASA had to cut down on the expenses quite a bit, and the insulation was one of the relatively unimportant stuff, along with the telemetry data tapes which they overwritten.
>>
>>18628902
>Nothing wrong with the insulation being a little off from the structure itself.

Correct. If there were more contact with the structure, there would be more heat transfer, which is something they're intentionally avoiding. It's also why they intentionally wrinkled it.

>They cut the unimportant stuff like the insulation

No, they added it rather late.

Here's more if you actually want to learn about it.

http://space.stackexchange.com/questions/5899/why-does-the-ascent-stage-of-apollo-11s-lunar-module-look-like-its-made-of-pap

Though I get the sense you don't really care about it and have more fun making shit up.
>>
File: 1455222754656.jpg (12KB, 157x202px) Image search: [Google]
1455222754656.jpg
12KB, 157x202px
>>18628910
Lol, I could have bet this month's salary that one of you desperate shills will post that link.

That right there is NASA damage control 101
>>
>>18628924
>I have more fun making shit up

Exactly as I thought.
>>
Dear shills, please derail this thread.

Another one will see the light, an you can't do anything about it.

Someone screencap this, one of the next moves in the damage control to-do list is a fake destruction of the ISS (by micro meteor impact or equipment failure), and many people will believe that shit.

((When)) it will happen, remember you read about it on /x/

Peace
>>
nobody of the flat earhters has answered my questions >>18628924 you look like someone who likes to do research, please answer this
>>18627565
snd this too please
why in every lunar eclipse the shape of the shadow is rounded instead of flat?
>>
>>18628981
>rounded instead of flat?
why would it be flat? do you think flat earth is a rectangle?
>>
>>18629109
ok flat earth is a frisbee, a question answered.

but what about the aparent planetary movement, the different stars and constellations which can be seen in every hemisphere and what about seasons?
>>
>>18629176
i didn't answer your question, I just brought up that it was a dumb question to ask.
>>
>>18629190
sorry, but if I decide to learn your point of view without insulting you even if I think your "proofs" are as dumb as my question was, I was expecting a certain level of respect

But I can see now that flat earthers just spam the same pics every time and think everyone who doesn't agree with them is stupid.

btw what the fuck is on the other side of our giant ice wall?
>>
>>18629109
how do you know it's not? You admit you've never seen the edge.
>>
>>18628560
What? That didn't make any sense to me.
>>18628548
Maybe you should wait for my response before complaining. /x/ isn't /b/, it takes us a while to come back. Its simple. How do you think shortwave or over the horizon radar works? Longer wavelength/lower frequency=farther viewing distance or in other words the horizon is extended. The sun is just a big enough object that its appears refracted through this electromagnetic horizon, which is spherical in nature due to wave propagation, and appears to rise and set on the outside of "dome." The dome being the point where perspective merges at the horizon, giving a "dome" effect.
>>18628236
This is accurate.
>>18627773
Continents are arbitrary. Europe and Asia are the same land. So out of 7, its the 5th? So its only twice as big as australia, but bigger than Europe's artificial boundary? Which means I'm right, its not that big. At least on a globe anyway. Odd that it took the British challenger 69000 miles of travel to go around it. The 60th south latitude is only about 10000 in circumference, and encompasses all of anartica. The earth according to globists only has a circumference of 21000 nautical miles around the equator, its largest distance.

No one answered my question either. If magnets loses their magnetism when heated, how does your iron core work ballers? There can't be a magnetosphere.
>>
>>18623288
>>18623304
>>18623706
>>18623817

Well, the (((soviets))) and the (((capitalists))) did team up to destroy the national socialists... :/

Really makes you think...
>>
>>18627464
Centrifugal action on the oceans would in fact push land to the poles and make the equator water, this is no different than a vacuum cleaner collecting heavier items in the center while lighter items on the outside. Apply this to a ball, and the matter that moves the most easily will be at the equator, and the heavier matter falls to where there is less rotation. Basic centrifuge. This apparently has not happened in 4.5 billion years.

As for the eclipse, a common belief by Fe's is that there are extra objects in the sky that exist at different frequencies that do not emit light. The moon is commonly accepted as a holographic, in that at night the craters are dark, as expected, but full moons during the day show the craters to have a blue hue instead. Meaning that the only reason the craters are dark or blue is because you are seeing the sky behind it.
You may have missed my point regarding eranstathones. The suns rays aren't parallel, they are at steep angles. Which means its close. And yes the atmosphere would fry us, that's how a lens works. A lens missing half its side like a ball earth atmosphere, would focus light to a central spot.
The plane/hot air balloon most certainly would because as it extends its height, its traveling a larger circumference, but if its speed didn't increase in an easterly direction, the earth beneath it would would outpace it.
>>18627498
I did not imply, you assumed. My argument stands. Saying you cannot separate charges is silly. If I turn an old TV on, I most certainly can stick a piece of paper to it. And it will stick, so there is a force. With the air being charged in general with static, it mostly certainly could've caused the torion witnessed. So could air pressure differentials. Or the casmir effect at higher voltages. The casmir effect is just a random voltage situation where it causes two plates to stick together. Doesn't mean it can't happen with larger objects, given the sensitivity of this experiment.
>>
>>18627498
Beyond my level? Assuming again? :)
You can say what you want, but a rotating firmament above a flat earth plane could also cause what is observed. No need for gravity magic or you insults. You can't point to gravity and not explain it. But I firmly believe that electrostatic or electromagnetic forces cause objects that are denser to be attracted the the bottom plane(earth) while less dense object are attracted to the top plane(firmament.) Since when is the earths core a rotating fluid? That a new one on me. Too bad it cannot be proven above ground. I do remember seeing someone on a video using mercury (or was it lead or something?) rotating in a contained sphere and said it produced a magnetosphere, but the magnetic field it produced was rotating and all over the place, which could naturally be explained by the fact that they did it above ground in our magnetosphere, causing eddy currents to produce an effect that half ass explains the earth's. So that experminet is off the table.

So many insults and such anger. Should be cause for suspicion for anyone reading this. Lot of shills out again too. :) the repetitive tactics make them obvious...
>>
>>18629409
of course it can be, you're writing it like the core is only iron, the currents created in the liquid core are what produce the magnetosphere.

by the way, how an event wich affects one point in earth like a nuke going off can be registered in the seismograph in another continent, but only certain waves wich could travel trough a liquid medium (liquid core)
>>
>>18629409
>Maybe you should wait for my response before complaining. /x/ isn't /b/, it takes us a while to come back. Its simple. How do you think shortwave or over the horizon radar works? Longer wavelength/lower frequency=farther viewing distance or in other words the horizon is extended. The sun is just a big enough object that its appears refracted through this electromagnetic horizon, which is spherical in nature due to wave propagation, and appears to rise and set on the outside of "dome." The dome being the point where perspective merges at the horizon, giving a "dome" effect.
ok I get it now, you are def trolling
>>
File: 4d9.jpg (32KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
4d9.jpg
32KB, 400x300px
ok, I surrender in the quest of finding an intelligent flat earther supporter, they only spam the same pics every time, like to insult the ones who doesn't agree with them, imagine a complex system to explain things that are easily explainable with a model wich is what we use, doesn't have answers to things that we can see every day like lunar cycles, planetary movement and another regular ones like eclipses.
they are just trolling for the hell of it
>>
>>18627419

>It's an analogy, but it's an accurate one.

No it isn't.

>No you wouldn't. The dots on the balloon don't move closer together, extending to three dimensions wouldn't change anything. You can create 3d models that work the same way.

Not if everything is moving equally away from everything else. From a central point, yes, such as Earth would appear to be when you measure for red shifting. If Earth is not special and the same effect is visible from every point in space, then you are going to run into some serious spacial problems.

>Nope, for reasons already explained.

Sorry chum.

>The oil in your salad dressing rises to the top of the bottle, as the denser water layer sinks to the bottom.
>No, gravity at work. Gravity is what pulls the water down. Without gravity, it'd all just float around like a lava lamp.

We're reaching levels of willful ignorance that shouldn't even be possible!

>Given that vacuum isn't a force, gravity doesn't need to be very strong.

Give me proof that a vacuum operates the way you claim it does without using space as evidence (seeings how we're arguing over space's very existence). Give me proof that a vacuum doesn't naturally pull at its surroundings with Earth-based evidence.

>That doesn't surprise me.

Sounds like you don't know where you are, shill.
>>
>>18627759
>>18627765

I said it's basically a 2D model. As in for all intents and purposes. The dots on the balloon represents a single plane of matter, even if it curves back into itself. If you don't know what I'm talking about then I suggest you shut the fuck up and let the grown-ups do the talking.
>>
>>18627747

Why don't you fly up into space and take a picture for me?
>>
>>18628886

Who the fuck puts insulation on the outside of a structure?
>>
>>18629634
someone who doesn't like the idea of an structure being bombarded with radiation? maybe?
>>
>>18629542
Case in point that if its hot down there, there can be no electromagnetic field. This is explained by the internal heat inside of the atoms making them point every which way so that there is no larger magnetic structure. This -should- be true across other elements located down there as well I believe.

(If nukes are real, but that's for a separate thread:) ) It's no different than an old junk car. You drive a certain speed and your trunk lid vibrates. You increase speed(increasing vibration or frequency of bumps on the road) and suddenly the trunk stops vibrating but the glove box starts to vibrate. Increase it again and perhaps your mirrors will vibrate. Certain waves only appears at certain locations because they become resonant or nonresonant based on frequency and the medium its traveling through and the distance it has to travel. The seismosgraoh data, actually could support a hollow earth just as easily as a molten core, or just as easily a flat earth landmass floating on water. Excellent question. :)
>>18629552
I'm not a troll. Been here for like 5 days across 3 threads. Study over the horizon radar, and how longer wavelength frequencies can "see" farther. Ball earthers say its because long wavelengths bounce off the ionosphere, which in part may be true, but that would cause gaps where the radar would miss targets at certain intervals of distance. The ionosphere bouncing part actually fits better in a flat earth model, as it would be bouncing off the upper plate. Think of it this way, as you lower the frequency being used(longer wavelength) the further the horizon is compared to our own(we use our eyes to see light, in the terahertz region) so there is no need for the ionosphere bouncing crap, because at those low frequencies, talking 'round the world on a flat earth map would literally be line of sight. I honestly believe I was the first to discover this. I'll make a video perhaps and post my trip code password to prove it was me someday. ;)<3
>>
>>18629681
I hope in the meantime what I have posted enlightens other engineering types to the truth of the matter..
>>
>>18629685
i enjoy your posts flatanon, and hope you keep posting here
>>
>>18629581
>insult the ones who doesn't agree with them

Seriously? Please don't make me read back through the 400 posts in this thread just to link all the hateful shitposts aimed at flat earthers. People seem to pop into these threads simply to call us stupid or say that we should all be killed without even needing someone to disagree with them first.

>imagine a complex system to explain things that are easily explainable with a model wich is what we use

Speaking of insults, your grasp of the English language is bullshit. Secondly, come on now. This one really has to stop. I mean, I remember being taught that people of old used to believe the Earth was flat because they were simple and so they had a simple understanding of the Earth. Are you really trying to tell me that a model that completely negates the validity of our own senses is more simple than the one that people of all nations naturally came up with?

>doesn't have answers to things that we can see every day like lunar cycles, planetary movement and another regular ones like eclipses.

This becomes difficult because you globalists have a very rigid idea of what these celestial bodies are. To the flat earther, they are still a mystery. To a scholar such as myself with an interest in mythology and religions, they are nothing short of being Gods. It would be both incredibly silly and disrespectful to the vast majority of people who have ever lived to say that you planned on walking on the moon, for instance. It would be similar to saying that you planned to walk on the sun, but for different reasons than you would immediately think.
>>
flatanon is actually making sense here and has been on every post...i have been lurking..you shills are no match for this guy/gal...kek...this is hilarious... nothing but circlejerktalk and derailed answers and insults...good luck shills, humanity is waking up and you're about to be fucked. hard.
>>
>>18629693
Thank you! It is very hard replying and typing answers on this god awful phone!
>>
>>18629706

I wish I could post on my phone. It's about 5 years old and I can't do the Captchas on it. I can read this shit on my lunch break but I can only reply in the morning or when I get home. It's terribly frustrating.
>>
>>18629699
Thank you as well! There was an anon who posted earlier in this thread who made a good point, we have to be patient with newcomers to this flat earth thing, and he hit the head of nail when he said its easier for us because we used to be ball earthers too. We've been there, we know what's its like to have our lives turned upside down on us! And the shills make it easier in a way because newcomers don't have to ask the basic questions, the shills do it for them lol.. Then loop us all the same conspiracy boat as fake moon landing, fake NASA, nukes aren't real, etc etc, inadvertantly they actually point out everything thing that is also been fake/a coverup/outright lies and conditioning. Thank you shills for being a part of this! You're ironically exposing yourselves, we're really not even having to try most of the time! ;)
>>
>>18629726
It works fine, but the keyboard lags behind my typing and locks up a lot and deletes what I write every now and then. Its funny I can type whole sentences and it takes like 25 seconds to catch up lol. Eerie part is it only does it on flat earth threads, specifically. Works fine on any other part of the site or other website. My phone is probably bugged. :)
>>
File: Captcha issues.jpg (128KB, 767x495px) Image search: [Google]
Captcha issues.jpg
128KB, 767x495px
>>18629741

I kept getting this problem in the last thread where Catpcha wouldn't work at all (on my computer) even though my internet was working for everything else. Couldn't get onto Google either while this was happening, but other people were posting so it couldn't have been down completely.

It first happened soon after I made the thread, just as I was trying to respond to the first decent reply to my questions. I thought they might have done a sort of perma-ban on me without actually banning me but I was able to post again after a little while. Here's a screenshot of when it happened again later in the thread.

I hope it's all just harmless coincidences. I've heard about gangstalking and that doesn't sound like much fun. They'd be choosing a pretty tough nut to try and crack here though.
>>
File: More captcha issues.png (292KB, 1117x571px) Image search: [Google]
More captcha issues.png
292KB, 1117x571px
>>18629730

I know right? It's funny how these threads actually die down when the shills aren't posting in them. Instead they keep bumping them to 400-something posts.

Incidentally, I just got the same error again after doing a bunch of bullshit captchas.
>>
>>18629741
Let's reiterate anons:
1. Artificial horizon does not tilt backwards despite aircraft change orientation when flying "around the globe."
2. You can't feel the earth spinning beneath you, even when driving and turning, at 1400 feet per second.
3. Centrifugal forces would push land to the poles, with water sloshing at equator, has not happened in the supposed 4.5 billion years of the earth.
4. Heated metals lose their magnetic properties. So the magnetic field must be must come from something else. Not necessarily a flat earth proof, but tears up ball earth theory a little.
5. Planes and hot air balloons cannot float into the sky, then come down and land farther west, despite math for the greater circumference of travel. Some say the atmosphere keeps them "in line" so to speak.
6. Antarctica lies inside the 60th south latitude, a mere 10000 nautical miles in circumference. British ship challanger traveled 69000 miles around Antarctica. James cook tried to , but stopped. He went 60000. The circumference of the equator is only 21000 nautical miles. Thats over 3x the distance around the equator and 7x the supposed 60th S latitude.
7. Suns rays have steep angels, and via triangulation and basic geometry, is not 93 mil miles away.
8. Suns rays spread out, the opposite of what would be expected if the atmosphere is half convex. It should he melting people from being focused.
9. Airys failure prooves that either the earth is stationary existing within a static aether field, or that the aether is static in reference to the earth. Either way, the stars were proved to be moving, not the earth.
10. The only satellites you can see with your eyes or binoculars or at home telescope is the ISS. It shows up only at certain times. I have a few ideas, no concretmdata though.

I'm sur I' mi
>>
>>18629821
Dammnit my keyboard messed up again :/ lol
>>18629808
I believe you. Let's hope its just harmless coincidences!
>>18629816
Lololol that's funny..... Yea they try to kill the thread as fast as they without making it too obvious. Since they know derailing rarely works anymore and arguing with level headed individuals who do not react to insults or outbursts is useless. You can usually gauge how important a subject is by how intense they heat up and appear all at once lol.
>>
>>18629835

Honestly I get the feeling that even responding to them to point out their bullshit is giving them what they want. They're trying to distract us, to occupy us, to frustrate and demoralize us. The effort I've had to put into debating such underhanded opponents has certainly helped me hone my arguments but I still feel like we should be focusing on more productive endeavors, like the shit I outlined here:

>>18622540

I'm sure we're winning over plenty of lurkers, but there are just too many people who don't have the patience to approach a dialogue-heavy thread like this, especially when the OP isn't as eyecatching and chockerblock with accessible info as one of the established Generals on /pol/.

I've got tomorrow off so I might spend a few hours putting together some prototype front pages, collecting some good links and images (been building up a hefty flat earth folder over these past few threads) and making some webms. I wanna make some jpgs of those John Stuart Mill quotes I posted too cause I can't stress the notion of freedom of discussion enough. Got some others in the same vain to dig up too like Noam Chomsky's stuff on demonized terminology in The Manufacture of Consent where all you have to do is associate someone with a term and suddenly they're not worth listening to.
>>
>>18629821

You've been doing some fine work, my friend!
>>
>>18629847
Hey its you! I had typed out a long post earlier and my phone deleted it, I had referenced those earlier posts of yours where you had laid out some prototype framework for flat earth discussion. Its nice to see other level headed anons on here, and not the same ole shillbots. I agree, we are slowly turning the tides, and the longer and more appealing these threads are the more likely lurkers and newfags will post and engage in discussion. Toss new ideas around and what not. We need to make it concise, clear, and easy to understand, and at the same time show it side by side with what ballers think and show each sides current problems in theory and in evidence.
>>
>>18629850
Thank you anon! I try to use original ideas and thoughts where I can, and I try to distance myself from well known online flat earthers like dubay and what not. Its good to consider everyone a shill and keep your guard up. They'll tell a thousands truths to hide a single lie in the mix and send us in the wrong direction. And I'm sure most flat earthers are aware how many of these shills are out there already, trying to lead us off of cliffs.. Its obvious enough here on /x/ lol
>>
>>18627350
G-force comes from acceleration.
Did you sleep through physics in highschool?
>>
I seriously think I contracted cancer from this thread
>>
This isn't "paranormal". This is stupid.
>>
>Eating tendies
>Reading this thread
>Cold outside
>Cat on my leg
Never knew watching ball tards get rekt could be so comfy
>>
>>18629943
>I try to distance myself from Dubay

Why? You keep reciting all the same errors that he does.
>>
>>18629821

1, No it wouldn't. If the plane remains level the artificial horizon remains level.

2. You wouldn't expect to feel the earth move

3. Mmm, no. If centrifugal force were the only force to consider, then land would be at the equator, since land is heavier than water. As it is, the globe earth DOES bulge at the equator, due to rotation.

4. Heated metal does not lose it's conductive properties, thus is can still act as a dynamo. Moving electrical charges still produce a magnetic field regardless of temperature

5. They move in the air, and what's more, when they come down they have the same circumference as before.

6. Jame Cook's second voyage was a total of 60,000 miles. That's from Great Britain, all the way south around Cape of Good Hope, across the Indian Ocean, around Antarctica, criss crossing the Pacific Ocean several times searching for new islands, around Cape Horn, and back up the Atlantic again to Great Britain. This proves the round earth.

7. The sun's rays are parallel. Based on parallax you can measure it to 93 million miles. Repeatably.

8. The atmosphere is not a lens. Nobody ever claims it is but retards. The atmospheres of other round planets do not work this way eitehr.

9. Airy proved there is no aether. If you told him he proved the earth was stationary he would have spat in your face.

10. There are many different satellites you can view from your own backyard. People have been viewing them since sputnik, well before the ISS was ever built. Every one debunking flat earth.
>>
File: rounwrld.jpg (30KB, 288x451px) Image search: [Google]
rounwrld.jpg
30KB, 288x451px
“The surface of all water, when not agitated by natural causes, such as winds, tides, earthquakes etc. is perfectly level.

The sense of sight proves this to every unprejudiced and reasonable mind.

Can any so-called scientist, who teaches that the earth is a whirling globe, take a heap of liquid water, whirl it round, and so make rotundity? He cannot.

Therefore it is utterly impossible to prove that an ocean is a whirling rotund section of a globular earth, rushing through ‘space’ at the lying-given-rate of false philosophers.”

-William Thomas Wiseman, “The Earth An Irregular Plane”
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhE8XjU7w9s
>>
File: 654654636343.jpg (54KB, 286x320px) Image search: [Google]
654654636343.jpg
54KB, 286x320px
>>
File: 1484944106455.png (1MB, 888x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1484944106455.png
1MB, 888x1124px
GoPro's fisheye lens will always distort the footage
>>
File: 4591791-5723500663-Curva.jpg (233KB, 1263x632px) Image search: [Google]
4591791-5723500663-Curva.jpg
233KB, 1263x632px
This is earth's curvature seen from a mountain.
How could flat earthers ever recover?
>>
File: tim_peake_balls.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tim_peake_balls.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
>>
>>18630719
>this swimming pool is flat
>that means the earth is flat

Ah sweet flatearther logic
>>
IKR, flat earthers are so stupid.
>>18630761 this shows without question that the earth is a globe
>>
>>18630719
cgi
>>
File: 1484805694758.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484805694758.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
There is no need for gravity
>>
File: density.jpg (82KB, 811x811px) Image search: [Google]
density.jpg
82KB, 811x811px
>>18630989
Also a pic for non-ants
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLf52DQjPc
>>
>>18630989
Mmm, no, without gravity all those things would just float around. Density explains why some are heavier than others.
Thread posts: 413
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.