[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever heard of the Versailles time slip? In 1901, Charlotte Anne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Ever heard of the Versailles time slip? In 1901, Charlotte Anne Moberly and Eleanor Jourdain, two school principals from Britain claimed to have travelled back in time while visiting the Petit Trianon at Versailles. They encountered Comte de Vaudreuil, Marie Antoinette and architectural features that no longer existed in 1901. And then, just as mysteriously as they stepped back in time, they wound up back in 1901 as if nothing even happened.

That's not the only reported case of time travel. There are accounts of travellers who visited hotels only to find out they no longer existed, pilots flying over places where airfields SHOULD be only to see them missing, people entering stores decades out of time, people appearing or disappearing from rooms, and even churches that seemed to have services long after they were supposedly closed.

The thing is, almost all of these are extremely brief affairs. It is as if they only last a moment. The people who experience them always seem to find their way back to their own time period, which is odd, because one would expect there should be time lost people wandering about here or there. Perhaps equally odd, the people, places and things they interact with always seem to physically exist, and acknowledge them.
>>
File: St Germain Sittin' Here.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
St Germain Sittin' Here.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
Some have speculated it is a natural phenomena, and that it may be the same sort of thing that gives rise to hauntings. Psychic imprints of the past that are so strong they continue to repeat again and again. But then, that doesn't explain how we can interact with them.

Equally baffling, why do we never hear reports of people time travelling into the future? Or is it simply that we don't recognize those reports? After all, would YOU know if you walked into a place that was a decade or two in the future? You'd have no point of reference for the styles and slang, while waking up in say the 70s would certainly stand out. Indeed, perhaps these time slips are a purely mental phenomena, which is still interesting.

Incidentally, if I remember correctly there was at some point a bunch of "lights fighting eachother" in the sky of medieval Germany. I can't remember the name of the incident, but it's been brought up before as "Aliens fighting aliens" and whatnot.

Someone hypothesized that what actually happened was a time slip in which the people saw a WW2 battle in the sky.
>>
Interesting
>>
>>18616397
Indeed, I'm going to have to do some research for myself.
>>
>>18616302
. "The people who experience them always seem to find their way back to their own time period, which is odd, because one would expect there should be time lost people wandering about here or there."

How would you hear about them otherwise?

A recent TV series did some novel things with ghosts/hauntings from different time periods.-
The main character sees a lady walking around using a tablet for instance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Living_and_the_Dead_(TV_series)

They could have just imagined it up- if they were studying the period or knew a little about it, it wouldn't be too hard.

What about people who claim to have had previous lives?
>>
it's bullshit.
>>
>>18616302
Are you gonna give us any evidence or links or are you just gonna keep telling us "some people say..."
>>
>>18616309
>After all, would YOU know if you walked into a place that was a decade or two in the future? You'd have no point of reference for the styles and slang,

I don't know about all that. Apart from a very few specific turning points in history, I can't think think a glimpse of the future a couple decades hence would leave you with absolutely no frame of reference whatsoever. I can imagine being transported from 1997 to 2017; I think my first questions would be

>what the fuck kind of personal digital assistants are those, that everybody in this neighborhood is fiddling around with? Holy shit, is that guy making a phone call on his? Is this some kind of tech conference?
>the hell is that inhaler thing that dude just hit on and blew a fuck-huge cloud of steam from?
>why are all these cunts wearing chin-strap beards? who has those?
>where the fuck did all these weird, tiny SUV things these people are driving come from? They look like a VW Beetle fucked a Ford Bronco and no one had the good sense to euthanize the offspring. Why haven't I seen a proper station wagon since I got on this street?

Slang and fashion haven't really changed enough in twenty years to be unrecognizable. People still wear t-shirts and jeans, only now the t-shirts have ironic slogans on them rather than "Aeropostale" and "Abercrombie and Fitch" in obnoxious status-signaling font. And as far as slang goes, what's even entered the lexicon that wasn't a thing twenty years ago? 'Bae'? 'Woke'? 'Netflix and chill'? How often to people even say that shit in real life, honestly? I mean we're still using slang that was popularized in the 20s or 30s. Even some that predates that by a long stretch, like 'ok', that's been part of our collective vocabulary long enough that we basically forget it's slang in the first place.

I think you'd have to go quite a ways into the distant future before culture changed enough that you couldn't recognize it at all.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.