[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does the Buddhist concept of awakened and the Yogic concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: nnMIx6cc.jpg (233KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
nnMIx6cc.jpg
233KB, 1252x1252px
How does the Buddhist concept of awakened and the Yogic concept of awakened differ? Or within the community of occultists? Do these sects propose another path towards achieving enlightenment, or does it end towards the same thing? Or do they simply use the meditation practice for different reasons? (say, occultists and other magick practicioners)
>>
Who cares buddhism is bs anyway
>>
Buddhists seek self annihilation whereas Yogic schools generally search for union with the divine. In the gaudiya vaishnava tradition the goal is a personal relationship with God.
>>
>>18615995
>Buddhists seek self annihilation whereas Yogic schools generally search for union with the divine. In the gaudiya vaishnava tradition the goal is a personal relationship with God.

All of these are the same
>>
>>18615995
Is this evident in the way they carry out the meditation practice? What does tbe Yogi aim for during a session of
meditation? After all, both value mindfulness, right?
>>
>>18616017
"Desire is the cause of suffering" Do Yogic traditions hold true with this belief?
>>
>>18616005
They are very different destination.
>>18616017
There are 9 limbs of practice in Bhakti but chanting the names of Krsna is foremost.
>>18616022
The nature of the soul is to desire desire. The key is to transfer from material desires and attachment to desires on the transcendental platform through serving Hari, guru and vaishnavas.
>>
>>18616017
As far as the meditation itself the idea is to absorb the mind in the name, form, qualities and activities of the supreme personality of godhead. This can induce ecstatic symptoms during the practice itself.
>>
>>18616038
>They are very different destination.

One day you'll understand
>>
>>18616056
The scriptures make clear there are separate stages of realization e.g. bramha, paramatma and bhagavan. Would be utterly foolish to consider them the same thing.
>>
>>18615977
Occultism is really broad and not consistently defined, but usually they either want magic powers or union with the divine. >>18615995
>Buddhists seek self annihilation
this is wrong, buddhists seek to understand on a visceral level that there is no unchanging, unconditioned self so that they will stop suffering from clinging to the misperception that there is.
>>
>>18616238
>buddhists seek to understand on a visceral level that there is no unchanging, unconditioned self

So more or less there is no self.
>>
Know this:

All institutions are unnecessary for enlightent mind. Truth is within each and every human.

Words are just a desperate attempt to grasp TT.

Ultimate truth is ultimate illusion.

Take it easy and get off the D of teachers or leaders or yogis or whatever.

Because you are them like they are you.

They can only show doors but wether you enter or not is up to you and only you.

We just 4got to re member.

3301 e v e r y w h e r e
>>
>>18616259
Is that why nearly every spiritual tradition has a guru disciple relationship? You can't reach liberation alone
>>
>>18616252
there's a changing self, which is caused by present and past conditions and which gives rise to future conditions, that self is usually even considered immortal (it reincarnates until it attains liberation)
If you're trying to defend:
>>18615995
>Buddhists seek self annihilation
I'd say even if you don't accept the above as a self, buddhism isn't trying to annhilate it, it's trying to point out it was never real in the way you thought it was.
>>
>>18615977
The only difference between buddhist and hindu/sadhu practices is that buddhist is more passive and less active i.e, meditation, mindfulness, zen. Where as sadhu is a more active path i.e, standing for 12 years, holding your hand in the air forever, intoxication (weed, heroine, alcohol), yoga. They are mainly the same in most aspects aND if you are looking to achieve buddhood type of enlightenment first you must meditate, that's the basis of both these beliefs. In the bahagva gita krishna says "all paths lead to me" which truly means that all paths no matter what you do if you truly want to become enlightened you will be. But it's not a goal or thing to be achieved, you literally get there by having the revelation that you are already awakened. But ask yourself is it worth walking the path to enlightenment, there's always work to be done after you become enlightened. Alot of work, not only for yourself but for everyone around you. You realize that you can effect people's emotions around you just by the way you walk and the little actions you do. The world/universe becomes an extension of you and vice versa.
>>
>>18616265
Not all yoga requires such extreme tapasya. Just look at bhakti yoga for example. Everything is related to lord Krsna being the cause of all causes, but that does not mean every endeavor leads to Krsna realization directly.
>>
>>18616263
I agree ok. Now s33 it from the other way.

You think "they" want "little scum" like us to know?

Gatek33per anyone?

Just like the masons, whole lot of floors above arent there?

I broke the ceiling and i know that any mason is my bitch now like i am their bitch.

I AM is the EY3 in the pyramid.
>>
>>18616263
Btw

alone = all one
Lonely = one lyl
>>
>>18616271
That's exactly what it means. Even if someone doesn't practice and just lives life is this not a practice within itself? Life expierence and messing up in life is essential to learning. This is why it's easier for a homeless person if they chose to practice eBen meditation would become enlightened faster than say someone who has an extravagant lifestyle. But like I said that's exactly what krishna meant ALL PATHS LEAD TO ME. no matter if they practice or not every soul will eventually come to know krish
>>
Meditating is
Meta thoughting

No n33d for gymnastics although it might help some.

A must is a bust. Bust-hard
>>
>>18616286
This article explains the proper interpretation quite nicely.

http://www.krishna.com/many-paths-one-goal

Spiritual practice is definitely required and it must be one pointed to attain Krsna. As the gita also explains who you worship determines your destination. Will a person who worships Durga get Krsna? Of course not.
>>
>>18615977
I've gotten into Buddhism but recently from my time on /x/ and other experiences I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that there is no soul aka self. Despite this I still agree with many of what the Buddha said regarding mindfulness. There are a verses in the Dhammapada which have been ingrained in my memory and resonate so well with me. Among them was a verse on the spiritually immature, aka the fool. "The spiritually immature vex themselves, thinking: "Sons are mine. Riches are mine." He himself is not his own even. How then sons? How then riches?"

Anyway, because of this I've been having a hard time entirely following the Buddhist path. I still agree that desire is what causes suffering, and ultimnately nulling desire can and will free one from suffering, but is there not another way? If not, I suppose I'll have to follow what I want from other schools of esoteric knowledge, and try again in another life..

.and yet, part of me tells me the Buddha was both right and wrong. It's true that though even a really disciplined practitioner of the occult may have power, he/she will suffer. Because ultimately you're still fulfilling some sort of desire for power. Why must one know the nature of these things? Why must one bend reality? But another part of me says this is necessary, because some part of tells me knowing these things is necessary to reach a higher spiritual state...

Sorry for rambling on, but the fact that I'm still on /x/ and still reading into things like the occult despite having started on a Buddhist perspective can help shine a light on how paradoxical and confused I'm feeling. If anyone has something to say let me know.
>>
>>18616295
But you are missing the point. It matters not who is worshipped all other gods are an aspect of the godhead, the one, allah, the almighty, brahma. So no matter if you worship krish or shiv or kali or hanuman or jesus or muhammed or Mary or whomever. They are all a divine manifestation of the godhead on the physical plain.
>>
>>18616377
Look into the Bhagavad Gita. It shares many elements with buddhism but also confirms we are also eternal, spiritual beings bound by illusion.
>>
>>18616382
Advaita vedanta as proposed by shankaracharya is patently false. Different god, different destination.
>>
>>18616377
Scripture is for Holy men who relate the scripture to themselves. You need a certain level of realization to FULLY understand any scripture so you can understand it 100% completely in the 5th dimension of thought. If you are reading with just 1 dimension of understanding then you will only get the information in 1 dimension. And right there it's tainted by your own misconception and assumption and so on. That's why the Koran was taken the wrong way by the taliban/is is. They only understood it in terms of "literal" and not spiritual so they got only the extremist view point from it because of their 1 dimension way of understanding. So please don't read scripture until you know you fully understand and how I know you don't fully understand is because you ask question.
>>
>>18616377
>wrapping my head around the idea that there is no soul aka self
what do you have trouble understanding?

>>18616377
>but is there not another way?
In tantric buddhism one uses desire to purify desire, but why do you want a different way?
>higher spiritual state
What do you mean by higher spiritual state and why do you want one?
I second this >>18616384
get a recent translation by a respected academic
>>
>>18616388
You can't fully grasp what I'm saying because you still see everything as separate from yourself sorry.
>>
>>18616399
>don't read scripture until you know you fully understand
Scripture doesn't seem very useful then
>>
>>18616403
Bhagavad Gita as it is by srila prabhuapda is the best introductory gita.
>>18616405
Look into acintya bhedabheda tattva. We are like god but different.
>>
Wow you guys really choose the hard way.

Good luck and much love to y'all
>>
>>18616409
It's not useful to those who don't understand. It can actually do more harm than anything. Stay away from scripture and live life. Of you are trying to understand it then you don't understand it. Just live and let life be the scripture from where you can truly learn. Those words are from a different time and place for different people.
>>
>>18616412
I know this, I don't need to read it.
>>
>>18616418
Golden adwise.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.