[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. Yesterday night at around 3am I was outside and stumbled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 5elements.jpg (31KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
5elements.jpg
31KB, 436x436px
Hey guys.

Yesterday night at around 3am I was outside and stumbled upon a couple hurdles trying to meditate. It's not that I purposely chose to meditate at 3am, just that's how it came about that day (was at a friends, and I hadn't meditated). I viewed this as a good time to work on being mindful, since I know that meditating in what we'd call uncomfortable settings can calm and hone the mind, but despite that all the stuff I've been reading about magick and spirits and a bunch of other /x/ stuff was just causing me some kind of discomfort.

Anyway, I tried about 3 times. The first 2 times I couldn't stay mindful, my mind was everywhere at once, and there was a constant running fear around me, since the moon was bright and big, and because the location was a big open space, and because it was 3am. Regardless, the 3rd time I verbally proclaimed that I was going to meditate for atleast 10 minutes, and that nothing (thoughts, movement, sounds, entities) was going to stop me. And it worked, for a time. For about 5 minutes the meditation was going well, and I was beginning to fall in a trance. My head was getting light, my body kind of sluggish, and honestly my energy was kind of going down too. That moment when the climax of the trance set in, my mind races and I break the meditation.

What can I do to better hone myself to avoid falling into these situations? I know these thoughts are illusionary, I know that there is nothing to be afraid of, even if I do feel some kind of "presence." But despite this I can't get my mind to calm down, especially at night.
>>
Crowley's formula of IAO has a lot to do with this.

there comes a point in meditation where it becomes a big drag and you start to fail a lot. keep going bruh.
>>
>>18615726
another one
>>
>>18617223
What is this? I've seen it a couple times. Explain? Just a joke? Or what
>>
>>18617234
Yes a joke.

Like you.

And me.
>>
>>18617278
Stay calm
>>
>>18615240
Good thing you didn't try to meditate at 3:33 am...
>>
>>18615240
Whatever you are during auspicious times--brahma muhurtam (3 am to dawn), sunrise, noon, sunset, full moon, new moon--becomes greatly enhanced and creates an opportunity to balance the system.

Call upon the universe to destroy you and make it even more difficult so you burn with greater intensity through your samskaras.
>>
>>18615240
>Yesterday night at around 3am I was outside and stumbled upon a couple hurdles

You should really put those things away when you're not using them Anon. One of these days you might hurt yourself.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.