[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up guys, I've never been much of a 4chan visitor,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 94564-night-terrors.jpg (382KB, 1600x2286px) Image search: [Google]
94564-night-terrors.jpg
382KB, 1600x2286px
What's up guys, I've never been much of a 4chan visitor, went to /b/ every once in a while, but recent events have given me a bit more time on my hands at night than usual...

Over the past years, I've often had moments of insomnia, usually about 3-4 times a year lasting for anything from a week to a month at most. While usually throughout those times, nothing else happened besides me failing to fall asleep, sleep deeply or sleeping long,.. I did have a few times that I woke up not being able to move but looking perfectly in any direction my head was pointing. But as nothing else happened besides that and everything was relatively short-lasting, plus I'm not a believer in anything /x/, I didn't think much of it. This week is kinda changing my belief and I'm curious if any of you had something similar before as well.

So for a week I've had one of those episodes again. I haven't slept well, nor am I willing to fall asleep because of why I haven't slept well. Most nights if I've managed to fall asleep, I've been having recurring nightmares. Usually being set in realistic settings; college, walking home,... but with the "nightmare" being a feeling of being followed. And the follower, if you may, closing in. That would be the best way of describing it. Any more detail to this feeling I can add is a certain "darkness" around it. I realise this feeling during the dream and force myself to wake up, I haven't seen, or physically felt this "follower" but it does freak me out. Also, on 2 occasions, the sleep paralysis if you may has come back after I woke up, but I can't particularly tell if anything looks at me or is with me in the room, as some people's experiences with this have described it.

Have any of you guys had any of these things happen to them? And how did you get rid of it?
>>
Haha i followed you here from /b/
I was your first poster.
Now that were alone ....
Ive been able to lucid dream ever since i was a child
Still tldr
But you can ama
>>
>>18614877
Haha, different board different attitude right.
Don't think this thread is gonna get far so why right.

My experiences with lucid dreaming, though I've only had a few (10-15ish if I had to put a number on it) have always been pleasant. Did you ever feel in any of your dreams like you were not alone in it?
>>
>>18614815
Ok i read it.
When i did it, i could put myself in my own made up world.
Or inhabit this world (lucid dreaming)
In my worlds i could control everything i was pretty much all powerful
When i just got up out of my body in this world i didnt have complete control, i would think up a monster, without meaning too and it would be created. I couldnt wish it away. If you feel like its close to you or in the house or your room, create imaginary shields over yourself. Picture its creation over your body and believe it will protect you. Then it will.
I made shields upon shields upon shields in my house until the monster was locked in a corner. Sounds pretty fucked up.
Ultimately you have to face your fears, thats all it is.
>>
>>18614911
Next time I fall asleep and it happens again, I'll give that a shot.
Though my experience isn't really describable as "leaving my body", I come to realise throughout the dream that the setting I'm in, being lifelike, isn't real because for example details like car number plates, faces, etc,.. would not be there. And it's at that point, when my mind realises it's asleep, that a certain dread kicks in which I didn't have in the other lucid dreams, and that I feel like being followed.

So next time I"ll try to shun it like u said first before doing the usual forcing myself to wake up stuff.
>>
>>18614895
>>18614911
Lucid dreaming isnt really like exploring the real world. It really is just a dream, your subconscious is a very powerful thing. Some people on here disagree with that. Ultimately their isnt anybody else in your dreams but ya know, you can create something evil and it will keep going at you. So you have to deal with that, or it will occupy every lucid dream you have. Then you get nightmares, and more insomnia haha not good.
You should try confronting it
>>
>>18614939
Shunning it like i said will work, or provide a comfort. But it wont go away.
>>
>>18614941
>>18614948
When you do confront it like keep in mind its your creation, you do have more control over it then it has over you. Know what i mean?

Also its representing something thats bugging you in real life, you might have to figure that out as well. But put your mind over the matter first.
>>
>>18614968
>>18614941

I've read and seen theories of those things being manifestations of a deeper rooted issue before.

There's no significant triggering besides stress that comes to mind. I'll think about that a bit more.
>>
>>18614815
This OP. >>18614968

Also, reoccuring nightmares come from a stress point in your life. Maybe it's college classes, maybe it's a girl or insecurities you have.

I've learned that the attitude you have in life can carry over to your dreams and subconscious. I generally do not give a fuck, <insert edgy face here>, so when doors close by themselves, lights go out, and I see a shadowy figure in the corner of my room, I just confront my own creative mind and realize whatever it is, it is my bitch and isn't going to do anything to me. Most of the time, my bad dreams have turned into average/good dreams because of this attitude I seem to have.

Don't be scared. You can conquer anything that confronts you or will die trying.
>>
>>18614990
Haven't slept in a while.. weird reply by myself.. Failed to mention that last time I've had this amount of stress is reminiscent of the stress I've had a few years ago after a traumatic event that put me through a similar, but less severe, insomnia as well.
>>
>>18614991
This might be it, as I've just written down, I've got upcoming deal-lines to deal with causing stress which was present through most of my insomniac periods.
>>
>>18614998
Well i wish you luck /b/ud
Fun fact
Lucid dreaming / normal dreaming comes from the release of dimethyltryptomine, which is produced in your pineal gland in your brain. Its pretty small and shaped like a pinecone. Its a lens. Like your eyeball. Literally your third eye.
I think ive had such good luck with lucid dreaming because mine produces more, or i can intentionally get my body and mind to that state where it starts getting produced.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.