[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Torah/Bible ever mention if you can achieve Sepiroth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Tree of Kabbalah.jpg (18KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
Tree of Kabbalah.jpg
18KB, 183x276px
>>
>>18612963
Well, the Torah doesn't mention the Sephirot at all. That comes from Kabbalah/the Zohar, a commentary on the Torah supposedly written by a legendary rabbi in a cave during the Roman occupation of Israel. It was actually written by a Spanish Jew to get some attention and maybe some dough as well. It's really esoteric and open to interpretation. All of the mystic Jew stuff comes from Kabbalah, which is basically what happened when enough people read the Zohar and thought it was lit af.

I'm good friends with the son of a rabbi, and he has all sorts of weird-ass jew books. I've gone through a few of them. Judaism is neat, fuck the haters.

Try to get your hands on a copy of Alan Watts' book on Kabbalah, or 'Jewish Mysticism' by Perle Epstein. Pretty sure you can find PDFs somewhere.
>>
>>18612983
Okay Thanks
>>
>>18612983
I have one more question on the subject of angels
>>
>>18612983
You seem to know about Judaeo-Christian beliefs so is it possible to become an angel once in heaven.
>>
>>18612983
Judaism is neat, but actual jews a shit.
>>
>>18612996
Enoch supposedly ascended into heaven and became Metatron, who is the voice of god, because god thought he was that nigga. That's in Ancient Aliens, actually. It's the only example of a human becoming an angel that I can think of off the top of my head. Heaven isn't in Judaism. It's just not a thing - They have "the world to come" (the future, basically) and Sheol (oblivion) instead. Enoch to begin with was a really special case, he was basically a Buddha who lived for a really long time, they describe him as being completely in tune with the cycle of the four seasons. The story of Enoch comes from the Dead Sea Scrolls which were basically written by a bunch of hippie Jews who said fuck the Jewish establishment and went into the desert.

Most angels come from midrash, which is like Torah fanfiction. They're pretty horrific, the video game 'Bayonetta' had an oddly accurate idea imo. In the Torah they're just humanoids.
>>
>>18613026
K Thanks
>>
>>18613007
I'd argue that but I can definitely agree with it on one level. Jewish women can be really fucking mean. In my experience, Jews are incredibly complacent and removed "real Judaism" in 2017 and that's perfectly fine in my eyes, religion is dying. The rise of globalism definitely transformed the Jewish cultural identity into something else entirely, it kind of rendered moot the idea of diaspora. It's just a shame that the law is being abandoned, in my eyes it's a beautiful thing, even as an atheist I can see a lot of good in the Torah/Talmud. Of course I'm able to examine it from a more broad perspective (it's basically just a guide on how to survive in the bronze age when your neighboring kingdoms are ruled by really fucking scary people and your countrymen are dying of shellfish allergies everywhere) and it wasn't shoved down my throat from day one.

My friend actually came from a Jewish bubble (only Jewish schools, only Jewish friends, mostly Jewish books, off to synagogue for after-school activities) but even despite that it was weird for him to see that I was actually interested in stuff like the Talmud and shit, as that was just schoolwork for him, like how we think of Shakespeare. And it really is fucking weird, I was just entranced by it, it was so foreign to me - some of those laws are incredibly wise, some are just hilariously removed from any rational thinking. I actually ignited his love of Judaism in our discussions, he decided to follow in his father's footsteps after talking with me on mushrooms about Talmudic laws. He says he's going to change the face of conservative Judaism, which is sad, funny and heart-warming at the same time. I hope he does.
>>
1 is "GOD"

11 is DAATH

What does that tell you OP?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.