[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone remember the name of that guy who got arrested in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1429641755380-0.gif (2MB, 381x305px) Image search: [Google]
1429641755380-0.gif
2MB, 381x305px
Does anyone remember the name of that guy who got arrested in the late 90s or early 2000s,
He was the leader of some sorta hacking or sabotage group that had some sort of l33t sp33k name. He got caught in some abandoned tunnel where he had salmonella or something stockpiled. He had some sorta eastern european name. (this was a US based group). The only pic i remember of him was some dude, short dark hair, sun glasses, and a tan shirt or something..
>>
>>18612825
Congratulations, you just discovered a new mandela effect.
>>
>>18612842
>>18612842
no i'm serious. I can't find it. I remember reading about it on wikipedia and a few other sites, i just can't remember his name.
>>
Guccifer?
>>
>>18612920
>Guccifer
no, was late 80s/90s or early 2000s era
>>
Sounds like Joseph Konopka? Idk about the Salmonella but the other stuff matches. He's in Supermax
>>
>>18613055
>Joseph Konopka
YES YES YES THAT'S HIM THANKS SO FUCKING MUCH
>>
>>18613060
no worries, I remembered him and he sounds like an interesting guy. He gets out in 2019 so I wonder what he'll get up to when he's out. Can't wait. Btw, he wasn't caught with salmonella, it seems to have been a small amount of cyanide.
>>
>>18613064
Yea I got that mixed up. The reason i find him so interesting is for his hacking skills and his attacks on the US power grid, I found interest in him a year ago after researching the metcalf sniper attacks on that power substation, they never got caught which was sick
>>
>>18613075
Didn't know about that, sounds interesting. You're thinking it was him and the people he recruited for his chaos club? Cause apparently there was some skill required so the guy would've not only had to have been a good hacker but also good with a weapon I guess
>>
File: 122515_Joseph_Konopka_bio.jpg (3KB, 100x125px) Image search: [Google]
122515_Joseph_Konopka_bio.jpg
3KB, 100x125px
>>18613089

"The problem with technology isn’t the technology per se, it’s the sociopolitical structures that implement it. Machines make great impartial arbiters, and provide a way to have rules without rulers – think Bitcoin, of TCP/IP. A technocracy can be the epitome of freedom or fascism: it’s up to the programmers. Open to scrutiny and understood by all, or closed corporate hegemony. Transparent and provably trustworthy, or declared trustworthy by CEO’s and spooks."

>Joseph Konopka
>>
>>18613089
I don't know about that, I doubt that. However I do know that if one wants to bring this shitty system down they would start by going after the power grid. With out electricity, this system couldn't function. This is even touched on in the book SIEGE by James Mason, if you're familiar with him at all. It is also a big theme in the Turner Diaries.
>>
>>18613101
Guy's absolutely on point. He's giving me Teddy K vibes too, with that theme of dissatisfaction with technology. I am so curious what he'll do with himself when he gets out.

>>18613106
Thanks for the book rec my man, I'll check libgen
>>
>>18613119
You can find SIEGE here:
http://laraj.ca/AGwiki/uploads/Fascism/America/James%20Mason%20-%20Siege.pdf

also epub version:
http://laraj.ca/AGwiki/uploads/Fascism/America/James%20Mason%20-%20Siege.epub

it is a must read
>>
>>18612842
Good job you fucking idiot.
>>
>>18613429
lel
>>
bump cause i think others may like this
>>
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>18613106
Trump will modernize the power grid. Believe that.
>>
File: termoelectric.jpg (165KB, 470x670px) Image search: [Google]
termoelectric.jpg
165KB, 470x670px
>>18614420
You can modernize in any direction.

Not all of them are for the best.
>>
>>18613429
I was being sarcastic my dude.
>>
>>18614446
>implying you can compete with governments with near infinite security and tech budgets
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.