[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had experience with depersonalization? https://e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nl8eetUd7P1u29h8no1_400.gif (2MB, 370x227px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nl8eetUd7P1u29h8no1_400.gif
2MB, 370x227px
Has anyone had experience with depersonalization?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder

For a couple of days now my body has been feeling pretty mechanic. Not like a robot or anything but I've just been hyper-aware of everything that's going on with my body. It's hard to explain but it almost feel like I'm not my body but rather just piloting it. Like when I move my arm or listen to a song it feels like it's strictly output and input like I have to manually make my body do things breathe. I mean technically nerves and neurons fire all the time but I have to command them to do so.
>>
>>18611271
Great, you just made me think about blinking.
>>
>>18611271
I would think this a process within either enlightenment or a stage therein. Calm your mind. Do not fear it. My friend did and almost broke. See where it leads u.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 437x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 437x313px
I used to experience depersonalization when I was younger. 10-16. Usually associated with Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (visual/time distortion). Supposedly due to painless migraines. I don't experience these very often anymore. Maybe once in the past two years. It was at least once a week prior to adulthood.
>>
>>18611287
Fuck, you made me lose the game.
>>
>>18611271
Yeah, happens to me a lot. It's fairly common in people with a variety of mental health problems, including depression and anxiety. If it gets concerning go to a doctor, but if it isn't bothering you too much it's harmless.
>>
>>18611271
Probably depression. Sorry m8. Not spooky.
>>
>>18611271
It sucks
I once did a lot of acid and got the feeling after for a few days.
Since then whenever I smoke weed the feeling cones back a bit
>>
>>18611271
me when i was attacked by some microwaves and being reprogramed or forced to feel all oppresed
>>
>>18611342
>>18611345

I did read up on the link between disorders like that. Which is makes sense since I have a recurring eating disorder whenever I feel too fleshy. It's just a really weird feeling
>>
>>18611334
Oh you fucking twat
>>
>>18611334
The game was over years ago mate, you were still playing?
>>
File: 1476877121793.jpg (71KB, 1080x1002px) Image search: [Google]
1476877121793.jpg
71KB, 1080x1002px
>>18611271
Yes, i have extensive experience. I suffered from it for over two years before i was able to get away from it. It affected my ability to function, i often found myself practically unable to move in my own body. It was hell. I can answer any questions anyone has, i suppose.

>pic unrelated
>>
Huh I just thought it was common, didn't think it was some mental health thing.
>>
>>18611300
This. Self awareness is most certainly not a bad thing OP. Good luck.
>>
Yes I want to die because I can't stop it
>>
>>18611271
>Has anyone had experience with depersonalization?
Yes.

>For a couple of days now my body has been feeling pretty mechanic.
You don't have it. Think about the last time you did a bunch of shit without really thinking about it. This lack of mindfulness often happens between points where you intend to do things like when you walk or drive somewhere or go through a door. That happening ALL THE TIME is depersonalization. P much any protagonist in a late nineties/early naughties movie with that record scratch yeah that's me vibe.
>>
Maybe its just depression. The infamous "despair code" thats inside our brains. Once you reach a certain level on enlightenment you get depressed and despaired with your relationship with the world and how "the powers that be" influence the way you think and act.
>>
Happens to me once every couple months. Feels like senses are heightened for a period of time then i go back to normal.
>>
>>18611271
What you're describing isn't depersonalisation. I would know, I was diagnosed with it. I don't know what it is you have, sounds fucking weird for sure. Maybe your root chakra if fucked?
>>
I had something a little like what you are talking about. It mostly happened after I was smoking some good stuff. I would meditate on feeling my body. Then one of the times I was meditating I thought I would try to feel my body working. It kind of fucked me up for a long while. I could feel every part of me that helped to talk, it was very strange. It really fucked with me. But I've gotten over it now and meditating like that does not effect me the same way. Just give it time OP it will pass.
>>
had something like this when i was a kid, and a lot recently because of depression. does it feel like you sort of retreat into the back of your head and you withdraw from everything? plus very mechanical movements. when i had it as a kid it was more like i was just my eyes, watching the world.
>>
File: future_tense.jpg (61KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
future_tense.jpg
61KB, 940x529px
>>18611271
99.9% it's depression. Certain types of depression come on gradually so you don't notice (consciously) how much psychological agony you are in, but your mind (soul) can't handle it and retreats away from your malfunctioning brain.

Anhedonic and Disthymic depression that builds over months (or years) can cause this. If you take any type of dopamine releasing drug (cocaine, meth, ritalin, adderal) and it goes away IMMEDIATELY then you will know for sure. Unfortunately these drugs all make it WORSE in the long run.

.1% you lost your soul (or it's far away) from psychic trauma (like ritual abuse). When you have bad thoughts (like we ALL have) and there is NO voice of 'conscience' inside you, it usually means your soul is absent. In this case AVOID STRESS OF ANY KIND and try to get in touch with your inner self before you go insane, commit suicide, or become a serial killer.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.