[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about the relationship between Lucifer and Prometheus,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: The Lightbringer.png (274KB, 434x330px) Image search: [Google]
The Lightbringer.png
274KB, 434x330px
Tell me about the relationship between Lucifer and Prometheus, /x/.

Greek Myth:
The Demiurge's grandson takes over the universe.
The Light Bringer creates man.
The Light Bringer teaches man to rebel against the Demiurge's grandson.
The Light Bringer and man are punished for it.
The Demiurge's grandson creates woman (as part of the punishment),
Man appeases the Demiurge's grandson to avoid its wrath.

Jewish Myth:
The Demiurge is the only thing that exists.
The Demiurge creates man.
The Demiurge creates woman.
The Light Bringer teaches man to rebel against the Demiurge.
The Light Bringer and man are punished for it.
Man's goal is to reconcile with the Demiurge.

Are these myths related? What do they mean?
>>
File: 20160201-125912_1454359022825.jpg (31KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
20160201-125912_1454359022825.jpg
31KB, 413x395px
>>18610205
You're taking a polytheistic mythology and monotheistic one and replacing four different characters with two you spoon
>>
>>18610225
But Hebrew mythology was originally polytheistic, anon. Jews just decided that every god but YHVH was a ""demon"" before they figured out how to write down their religion.

Moreover, given the geography of the region, there is a possibility of a single pre-mesopotamian myth inspiring both stories.
>>
>>18610205
>The Demiurge's grandson creates woman (as part of the punishment)
Nah. In Greek mythology we were like hermaphrodites originally (strictly speaking more like double sexed, so male+female, double male and double female) but we become separated from our other halves who are like our soulmates. So women always existed.

The woman being made after man thing turns up in Semitic stuff more than Indo-European.
>>
>>18610526
there are diffrent versions for every greek myth, you're referring to the version which plato talked about, he is talking probably about the version of hesiod
>>
What you guys aren't even addressing is that Lucifer is not the same being as Satan, this is a popular misconception since the popularity of Paradise Lost, nowhere in biblical texts does it say they are the same being.

>>18610600
dubs
>>
>>18610619
>nowhere in biblical texts does it say they are the same being.
beacause satan is used as a general term for adversary. the biggest adversary in the demonic ierarchy is lucifer, thus the assimilation. Anyway this is what catholics like me think, but someone thinks that they're separate entities.
>>
>>18610630
But doesn't the Torah say especifically that Satan is an angel in charge of tempting sinners?
>>
>>18610619
Satan is Esau, Lucifer is Azazel
The horned one stepped through at the pinnacle of the tower of babel.
Esau killed Nimrod and transferred the mysteries---
someone pick up from here if you've made it this far.
>>
>>18610781
Satan is the physical being who worships the angel Lucifer>>18610791
>>
>>18610781
i don't know about that, but i think it's still a title used to denominate that entity. If you think about it, even jesus is named in different ways in the bible, in some passages it's referred as lucifer.
>>
>>18610619
I think that on the Infernal Dictionary, when addressing the seven infernal princes, they refer to Satan and Lucifer as separate entities.
>>
File: 454804773_5630be1ee9_b.jpg (374KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
454804773_5630be1ee9_b.jpg
374KB, 1024x683px
>>18610205
Ahh, yes. Luciferian doctrine.

They're related in that it is the lightbringer in both instances who give man knowledge (light, fire, forbidden fruit) of the God/s.

Knowledge is the lynchpin of the luciferian doctrine because through knowledge man can ascend to godhood.
>>
>>18610205
>Jewish Myth:
>The Demiurge is the only thing that exists.
um
It's funny, the two myths are actually the exact same.
>>
>>18610791
If Esau is the devil then why would I not kill myself right now for being white? Jesus says I'm going to die in the fire anyways.
>>
>>18611617
Time to read the OT I guess....
>>
>>18611617
>>18611643
>>18611543
bite da bullet
>>
>>18610205
The snake was not Satan, who was not Lucifer.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.