[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your judgement is clouded by emotions or other internal factors,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20161203_201229.jpg (566KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161203_201229.jpg
566KB, 1224x1632px
If your judgement is clouded by emotions or other internal factors, how can you claim you have a free will?

If you are doing things you didn't want to do, like engaging in self destructive habits that you later regret, how can you claim you control yourself?

I believe all humans are fully automated and their conscious is just a byproduct of the brain. Your brain creates and controls you rather than you controlling your brain.
>>
>>18603418
MMMMM U SMOKIN ON DAT GOOD GOOD BOIII
>>
everything you do is reactionary to prior experiences.
"I don't do _____ because_____ happened and______."
>>
>>18603496
Exactly. All of our actions are based on our personality and genetics.

Your personality is formed primarily through life experiences, especially those early on in life. Early in life, most of your decisions are outside of your control. Many of them are made by your parents, by society or by nature.
You don't decide your gender, whether to be alive in the first place, whether you suffer from physical or mental disorders, family income, or anything else that will have a gigantic impact in your life.

Your genetics are decided by DNA, outside your control.

In other words, you are forced to be who you are. You can not reload your past experiences and live them out in a different manner.

It's all a domino effect which you have continuously have zero control over. Events in the past all occurred that made you who you are which continues on into the future.
The ability to do something different would require that different circumstances had happened earlier in life, which they did not, so therefore you are doomed to this specific set of outcomes.
>>
>>18603552
I agree, but by the same logic thinking about it doesn't really do any good
>>
File: 1463005078885.jpg (8KB, 412x314px) Image search: [Google]
1463005078885.jpg
8KB, 412x314px
>>18603552
the then is now and the will be
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.