[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking to find out about Shiva and Hinduism in general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: e1445333991622.jpg (330KB, 930x1200px) Image search: [Google]
e1445333991622.jpg
330KB, 930x1200px
I'm looking to find out about Shiva and Hinduism in general.

I'm thinking it might be 'the answer'.
>>
A good place to start is reading Upanishads. They're the pinnacle of Vedic spiritual and personally for me a great inspiration.

Also look up the Mahanirvana Tantra.
>>
Vishnu is better if you want a family.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaishnavism

Shiva is an ascetic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaivism

But it's important to remember, English is a poor medium of transfer for Hinduism.

Personally, I'd start with the Bhagavad Gita
>>
How was the pre-dravidian Hiduism like ? How much it differ from Hinduism today ?
>>
>>18596583
they cant even poop in the toilet, you really think they mastered the secrets of the cosmos
>>
>>18597288
>Vishnu is better if you want a family.
Shiva is Parameshvara.

>Shiva is an ascetic.
Vamacara is not ascetic.

>Personally, I'd start with the Bhagavad Gita
For Shiva? Kaulajnananirnaya.

>>18597304
We have no clue.
>>
>>18597307
The ability to poop well and development are inversely related.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2978391/
>>
>>18597365
Its due the lack of Neanderthal genes.
>>
>>18597312
So how about the Dravidian folk religion, the non-Vedic form of Hinduism ?
>>
>>18597376
It was already getting ARYAN'D by like 2000bc or thereabouts.

We know Kali was a Dravidian folk goddess from the mountainous interior of the subcontinent.

Beyond that....we have no clue.

The clues are probably in Tantra and local godform worship protocols.
>>
>>18597372
Can neanderthals read comprehensibly?
>Most recently, the Asia IBS prevalence has a higher trend in the affluent cities compared to South Asia.
>>
>>18597392
Do you accept the Aryan Invasion Theory, Ape? I accept there is little opposition to it in linguisitic or anthropological circles, but I am doubtful admittedly for religious reasons. However, have you looked into opponents of the theory, and counter-ideas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_Aryans
>>
>>18597470
>Aryan Invasion
>Invasion

No. There's zero archaeological evidence for large scale conquering battles. This was a relatively peaceful and synchretic contact.
>>
>>18597474
Not what I meant. Though the name has "invasion" in it, I doubt anyone thinks there were overt wars involved. At least not since Wheeler. Indo-Aryan Migration Theory, then.
>>
>>18597493
More or less; I mean, even if we accept indigenous Aryans, they still pushed east into the Subcontinent in either case.

I'm at least a bit vindicated in my feelpinions to see some commentators pushing the boundary for the Sintashta culture as far SW as the Eastern Caspian shore, which is where I think this all started, as opposed to in the Indus valley or with the Kurgans.

I mean, the Adronovo horizon pushes out that far and I've long held that BMAC and Yaz, and maybe even Cemetary H were more closely related in terms of cultural outlook than not, despite production differences.
>>
HOW ABOUT TELL THE INDIANS TO QUIT SHITTING INTO THE OCEANS?
>>
>>18597392
>We know Kali was a Dravidian folk goddess from the mountainous interior of the subcontinent.

May not entirely be true, because most of the Indo-Aryan or Indo Iranics as they should be called had a Mother Goddess type themselves, most warrior cultures have a mother goddess who exist as an in-family or Household Goddess who patronizes them specifically.

I suspect Kali was aryanization of the existing mother goddess to add the representation of the fierce woman into the character of godhood.
>>
>>18596583
Read the Shivdhanurveda and slay the malcontent mlecchas and unburden the earth of their sinful existence.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.