[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is time travel to the past at all possible? Let's say I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: Time-Travel-technology.jpg (25KB, 550x302px) Image search: [Google]
Time-Travel-technology.jpg
25KB, 550x302px
Is time travel to the past at all possible? Let's say I did something so stupid last month that I want to end my life after careful consideration. Is there a way I could wake up in the past at the beginning of this year as if the last month had never happened? Does the past even still exist in some higher plane or is it lost forever?
>>
>>18596232
Son, I only wish I could travel back fifteen years and not rape your mother.
>>
>>18596232
Don't fuck with the timeline, Barry. God damn.
>>
>>18596232
may I ask what you did?
>>
>>18596232
Although there is reason to believe that the past may, in some sense, still exist, there is no proven and tested method to travel through time. That said, if you can find information it might be worth a shot; you never know what you can do until you try.
>>
>>18596287
>>18596232
yeah what did you do OP? You can't rope people into helping you without giving background
>>
>>18596235
Hilarious and original
>>
File: The_Langoliers.jpg (58KB, 480x380px) Image search: [Google]
The_Langoliers.jpg
58KB, 480x380px
>>18596232
>Does the past even still exist in some higher plane or is it lost forever?
Lost forever. The langoliers make sure of that.
>>
>>18596370
Thanks buddy.
>>
You can analyze the past and you can create a new past for yourself and inflict it upon others, but you can not physically go back in time.
>>
>>18596235
/thread
>>
>>18596232
It is possible to travel to the past but technically you are traveling to parallel universes. It's impossible to travel to the past of your own universe. If you travel to another universe's 1934 it might not even be the 1934 we experienced in the past. The differences in the frequency that each universe vibrates is so small that the the slightest miscalculation could send you to a world that is ruled by India or one that deviated eons ago and is populated by super intelligent reptiles.

You can only travel to the point in time a universe is at or its future due to the curved nature.
>>
>>18596232
doubt it, i believe the current conclusion is that traveling to the past would be impossible due to many factors.
>>
Not if it opens the possiblity of a paradox.
>>
>>18596232
>Is time travel to the past at all possible?
It's impossible
>Let's say I did something so stupid last month that I want to end my life after careful consideration. Is there a way I could wake up in the past at the beginning of this year as if the last month had never happened?
No.
>Does the past even still exist in some higher plane or is it lost forever?
The past does exist,but it is the foundation of the present so you can't interact with it.
>>
>>18596232
What did you do
>>
>>18596232
Not possible with a human's ability. If it's really that bad and not just some teenage cringy shit you're better off just abandoning everything and gtfo, change either state or country or even continent and start a new life. Once you suicide, you lose the game bro, this life is fucking nothing, just grit your teeth and gain as much as you can before you die.
>>
>>18596232
I believe its possible but extremely difficult/near impossible to do with today's technology.
Like being on a deserted island and trying to make a cellphone from rocks difficult.

If you could travel 1 light year in an instant and view the earth with a very powerful telescope from there, you'd see earth as it was 1 year ago.

There might be natural time anomalies you could travel through but they'd be really difficult to find unless you knew what you were looking for.
>>
>>18596695
/threading your self is weird, dude.
>>
>>18596232
Want to go back in the past? repeat what you did. You just went back in time, congratulations. All time is is a sense of motion.
>>
OP, time travel is possible but not helpful in your case.
You can only travel foward in time and it would require a lot of energy and the right conditions. It can't be reproduced. We know that it can be done on Earth since it happens sometimes with random people, planes, cars and boats.
>>
>>18599824
Also, Nicola Testa knew this.
>>
You sure can buddy. Just need a vessel capable of traveling faster than the speed of light without being destroyed by the "laws" of physics, along with the proper trajectory and boom. You're in the past. I'm sure you can handle all that.
>>
>>18596232
You blew it. One stab at life then it's all over. Don't procrastinate. Ever. Carpe Diem.
>>
>>18596232
Time is not what you thinks, time doesnt exist
>>
>>18599828
nope, Nick Testa
>>
>>18596232
sort of. is there technology that can do it ... there was. the story goes like this in the future a group of people facing their own destruction stumble onto a method through rapid fire trial and error

they travel back in time to warn people and try to undo thing that led to that point. they failed. and couldnt avoid the grandfather paradox. 1 researcher vanished and seems to have been erased after a attempt at changing the past (it was the present for all of us including all of his colleges as he went to a point many years ago and started working at cern.)

the people of our time didnt know it was even a time travel experiment and its not officially acknowledged as such. the only one who knew that there was another person in the room when the experiment started was talked out of thinking there was another person in the room very easily because nobody else recalled another person in the room. in time he thinks of the moment as nothing but a flight of fancy

if your wondering who was facing utter destruction it was white people. not all of humanity. the funny thing is this wasnt the first attempt to change history. many changes further back it was easy. but reality seems to be fighting temporal disruption. at this point they arent even sure if it was just a pocket of unstable space the earth drifted through that allowed it... it wasnt . the arbitrator is upon us. any attempts to change the time line are nullified. fun fact white people didnt advance much afrther than any one else in the original time line. radar wasnt even suppose to be invented until mid 2000s.

this was all to avoid the asian overloards who end up changing their own DNA and become the greys. but history is repeating itself. instead of a few hundred years down the road with microprocessors and radar ect ect ect it all looks about the same
>>
>>18596232
As a physics major
No its not possible as the second you did you would delete yourself from existence due to the fact that all possible realities would be in a superposition.

Tldr :you end up just deleting your self as someone in the infinite future will eventually cause the uninvention of your machine.
>>
>>18600829
Was Hitler a failed time traveller that tried to save Whites?
>>
>>18596232
OP, other than astral projecting into the past (which is only very mildly effective because your abilities are limited) I don't think there's a time travel method.

But that doesn't mean you should kill yourself, there's generally more ways than one to tackle a problem.

You haven't actually told us what happened, but for this example, lets say you did something embarrassing and someone witnessed and is now spreading the gossip, destroying your reputation.

First you would do a spell to "Stop Gossip and Rumours". Then you would want to do a "Make people warmer to you" and "make people see your best self". You could consider one to make you inconspicuous as well. Then you could target your magick at the person who was involved with your original stuff up and do workings to fix that relationship. Then finally you could do some spells on yourself like "Banish fear and worry" and "let go of shame and guilt".

There are quite a few combos you could use. Some darker.

Hard to say when we don't know what you did, but don't give up just yet OP.
>>
>>18601011
Say you did something illegal, you would use a similar set of spells. Say the cops had caught you and your court case was coming up. You would add in spells like "Receive a favourable Legal Decision".
>>
>>18596232
suicide is never the answer
>>
>>18596235
fpbp
>>
>>18605137
yes
>>
>>18596232
There is actually but you wouldn't be able to change anything. You would lose conscious control of your physical self and be forced to only observe. There's literally no way to change the physical past, it's like being on a railed ride with no control of where you're going.
>>
>>18596232
time travel to the past is never accomplishable, you can only travel forward.
>>
>>18596241
Underrared.
>>
>>
>>18600841
>Physics major
Kek. Almost as funny as "As a paleontologist"
>>
>>18596232

Creating a wormhole that reaches any more than a few milliseconds into past would take more energy than exists in the entire universe combined.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.