[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up, /x/? So I never really believed in luck before, until

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 602815_4552046637842_46666521_n.jpg (81KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
602815_4552046637842_46666521_n.jpg
81KB, 717x960px
Whats up, /x/?

So I never really believed in luck before, until roughly September last year. I had 2 pretty decent, steady jobs, a nice flat with my other half and a friend. Everything was pretty chill for the first time in ages.

Thinking back over my life I've always been pretty unlucky, but I just saw it as being on the receiving end of a Grand Cosmic Joke. Anyway, back to the flat. In the living room we had a large wicker chest with a mirror on top to act as a table until we could buy a real table.

My girlfriend gets me to shave part of her head now and then for 'fashion purposes.'
On this one fateful shave, I back up and into the table and proceeded to sit down, cracking the mirror.
"Ah Bollocks!" I would exclaim. To which my girlfriend would retort, superstitious and Irish as she is "Seven years bad luck, don't fuck up my hair."

I brushed it off and continued. Within a week I decided to go full time at one of my jobs and quit the other, which I did. All was in place to start and then the job just went quiet, no explanation or anything. So that was 2 jobs gone.

I then applied for help with my rent from the government until I could get stable again. The money took longer than expected to come through, and I became more and more in arrears with my rent. A few weeks after, a crazy strong storm hit my city, which is rare for England, our storms are the meteorological equivalent of an asthmatic child.

(continued in next post)
>>
It was around 3am and I was laying on the couch watching an episode of Monday Night Raw, my girlfriend was at work and I think our housemate was back at his parents for a while, not sure. The wind was so loud and rain so heavy that I had to turn the TV up to be able to hear it.

I hear this huge ripping sound and rumbling from above my head and watch out of the window as huge sheets of felting are torn away from the roof of my top floor flat, shredding to pieces and flying into the street below.

As I jump up off the couch, watching the pieces rain down onto the pavement and cars below. As you can imagine I am beyond bamboozled. I open the glass door that leads to our balcony, pieces of the rooftop hanging by threads over the doorway, rain hammering down in thick blobs and lean over the rail slightly to see the damage on the street.
(yet more)
>>
Some of the cars below were damaged, with scratched paintwork and broken windows and wing mirrors. Pieces of the roof were littering the street and the storm had pretty much only just started.

I sat back down on the couch and messaged my girlfriend. While I'm typing out my message to her (and let's face it probably the NSA and whoever else) I begin to hear a tap. Tap. Tap.

Loud and increasing in speed. I get up and investigate, listening out for the origin of the tapping sound. The tapping got louder and louder as I passed the bathroom and my own bedroom and finally located the sound in my housemates room.

I opened his bedroom door and peered into the darkness. The sound was so much louder with the door open. My housemate, dickhead that he is, left his window open the whole time he was away, the storm had also literally been happening inside his room as well as outside.

I sheepishly turned the light on. The curtains are spiralling out of control as rain pours in sideways. What really took me by surprise was the leak that had sprung from the roof.

Pouring out of the actual fixture that held the lightbulb, running down the walls, soaking the ceiling. His bed was a total write off.

(tbc)
>>
I rolled the mattress back and got a massive saucepan from the kitchen and put it under the leak. Closed the window and went to walk back to the living room to continue messaging my girlfriend.
As I walked out of his room, a drop of water landed on the back of my neck. Another leak had started in the hallway, also coming out of the light fixture. I got a pan for that leak then began looking for more.

After around half an hour of this and the leaks getting more and more frequent, I had to shut the electrical mains switch off. Sat back on the couch now in the pitch black, feeling like the Narrator from Fight Club (for the 3rd time in my life) I finally sent the message to my girlfriend.

Then out of the window I see flashing blue lights. The fire brigade had rocked up and were trying to find the source of falling roof.

I wave them up and let them in. I'm talking to them and explaining what happened and they go ahead and take the broken pieces of roof down.
I ask the Fire Woman if the rest of her night has been the same what with the storm and all.

She says no. She says this is the first call they've had the whole night. This really threw me off. When they left the flat, I tried to go back to watching the wrestling, just to take my mind off the now almost gushing leaks coming from the roof.

(still more)
>>
I couldn't focus and had to keep emptying the pans, so instead I rolled a massive joint and stayed vigilant with the pans.

When my girlfriend came home, we decided to message our landlady, who was on holiday at the time and we really didn't want to bother her, but obviously this was an emergency.

She immediately replied saying to stay calm and that she'd be with us first thing in the morning and was on her way back to town as we spoke. From here it was basically a routine of throwing the water out and replacing the pans throughout the whole night.

Me and my girlfriend slept on the couch and the next day the landlady arrived with the council and a few other official looking dudes.

Turns out the neighbours roofs on either side of us also had the same treatment as ours, completely flooded. We were advised to stay at a friends house while work was completed on our flat and that at most would take 2 weeks to repair.

We moved all electrics into the living room, which was the only room that wasn't affected, and took our immediate possessions (laptops etc) to a mate's house that lived close by.

(more)
>>
Over the next few days I began to run out of money so decided enough was enough and decided to follow up on my housing benefits. Which it turns out was sent weeks ago into an OLD bank account I hadn't used in nearly 10 years. Both the bank and local council had lost all tracking of the money and I was told that as a result, in the eyes of the law I had already received the money.

Bullshit.

So as I hounded them and hounded them for the money, all while looking for a job and hanging on to the hope that soon enough I'd be able to move back into my flat and everything would be ok.

Not the case.

Weeks pass and eventually my phone rings and its the landlady, she informs us that more damage occured to the roof and it would be months till we could move back in, if at all, so she had decided to end our tenency. We had a week to move out.

We had no money, neither of us could drive and we had 3 years worth of stuff from living together to move with nowhere to move it to.

My mate allowed us to store our stuff at his house and then began the mad rush of moving everything by foot. a few things we managed to hire a man-with-a-van at the very last minute.

With all our stuff out, us now living out of boxes on the floor of a friend, sleeping on sofa cushions, I finally get my money.

Not all of what I was expecting, but enough to keep me going. This fed us, kept us going with weed, paying some to my friend for letting us invade. My girlfriend is working for fuck all at a shitty nightclub while I apply for and get rejected from multiple jobs and we are barely scraping by.

We receive a deducted amount of our deposit from our flat for "cleaning fees" and now our plan of getting a new flat from our deposit return is completely thrown out the window.

(TBC)
>>
So we stay for a few weeks more at my friends house, trying to figure out what to do and as christmas approaches, my girlfriend goes home to her mums for the holidays.

When she comes back, we decide to move to Ireland, stay for super cheap with her family for a few months to save up and go on an adventure the we feel we rightly deserve by this point.

We spend a while figuring out how best to do it and when we are finally ready to book the tickets to leave, I get a message that my Mum has been rushed into hospital with a brutal case of pneumonia. With my Mum delirious and phobic of hospitals, she's freaking out and trying to pull all the tubes and wires out so they had to put her into a coma.

I also find out at the same time that my Grandmother had been taken into the same hospital with a very similar condition.

Anyway, this delayed us leaving by another few weeks until a few days ago both my Mum and Nan were released from hospital.

My girlfriend is handing in her notice to work tonight and in 2 weeks time we are leaving this country, and hopefully this fucking curse behind.

And then it was now.

So, that's my story /x/.
It really feels like I'm cursed as this bad luck has only really affected me, and only really affects others through association. What do you think /x/ am I a cursed man?
>>
nah OP, its just a few unlucky coincidences but I dont think you're cursed xd when I was reading your story at the part of wierd tapping noise I was sure there will be a skeleton popping out, so im relieved that didnt happen.
goodluck in life anon! :)
>>
File: wtf.jpg (134KB, 1247x656px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
134KB, 1247x656px
Fuck you 4chan is this some sort of joke?
>>
>>18593568
Yes, yes it is.
>>
>>18593566
I wish it was an O'l Fashioned Scallywag, 'least I'd still have a house.
>>
>>18593441
>my
Sounds like you're a dumb ass with no skills who takes it up the ass quietly
>>
>>18593579
I'm actually a smart ass with too many skills who has never done anything quietly.
>>
File: fry (2).jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fry (2).jpg
10KB, 300x300px
>>18593571
>>
>>18593596
Only a dumb ass would say that they're a smart ass.
Worth is only redeemable in the eyes of others. Fag.
>>
>>18593522
>We receive a deducted amount of our deposit from our flat for "cleaning fees" and now our plan of getting a new flat from our deposit return is completely thrown out the window.
You would have had to agree to the deduction. So bullshit. t Landlord.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.