[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about Insidious, what they got right and what they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 200_s.gif (29KB, 414x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
29KB, 414x200px
Can we talk about Insidious, what they got right and what they got wrong ?

> There are many astral entities, but they aren't all evil.
>You can leave your body, but no one can steal it and you can't get lost.
> You can't time travel on the astral plane.

Over all good series though, bringing the astral mainstream is important.
>>
TIPTOE'
THROUGH THE WINDOW
>>
File: Lipstick-Face_demon.png (499KB, 1068x494px) Image search: [Google]
Lipstick-Face_demon.png
499KB, 1068x494px
>>18590699
I hope if the entity returns they keep it make up and prosthetic like in OP's pic, unlike this cgi shit
>>
>>18590699
The overly loud music throughout fucked it for me. Same with The VVitch.
>>
>>18590823
I liked the VVitch.
>>
>>18590699
Insidious: Scariest fucking movie I've ever seen in my god-damn life. Didn't help that I first saw it at my grandma's creepy 1930s style house when it was grey and pouring. Ohh lawd. Slept with the lights on for a month. It desensitized me to all other scary movies.

Insidious 2 & 3: Meh.

What they can do better: The red face demon needs to be revamped. The whole creepy tip-toe through the motherfucking tulips playing in his cuck shed while he sharpened his nails scared the bajeezus outta me. Pic related.
>>
>>18590699
Well you can time travel, but it can be dangerous to go into the past. The future is more flexible so time sort of becomes what you need it to be. Go far outside the information cone of humanity forwards and backwards and you can do almost anything. Seems there is a barrier protecting my personal past, but the fact of there being a barrier indicates you can affect it.

Some entities will be connected with part of you or your past in some way. Some are just denzians of the plane or realm you visit. Some places the spirits will treat it as if its as real as real life, don't try to break their illusions its makes messy situations. Try not to get caught up in the story, or the times. Don't go be a soldier in an imaginary war.

If you open your mouth and start talking to god, there is something that will respond to your words.

Some places you can visit while your astral body is still within the physical body. Recommended you strongly start moving and remembering your reality if you want to wake up from those.

You can leave your body, many entities. Some may stick around a long time, be very careful who you decided to associate with. Always try to go with loving intentions, but keep it real in your mind and heart self deception is not ideal.

Don't get hung up in other peoples lives and realities, it will sap your mobility and fluidity if you always get sucked into the drama.
>>
>>18590884
Kek @ filename
>>
How does OP astral travel?
>>
>>18590969
Protip: you can't
/x/ just LARPs astral "projecting" because they want to feel like they have super special super secret powers unknown to those who experience sleep paralysis (a natural occurence).
>>
>>18590974
Ah, thanks man.
>>
>you can't time travel on the astral plane

Well maybe not you. I can.
>>
>>18590969
OP here. I don't astral well, but I'd like to try to do it more often. I used to be really I to it. And I didn't get great results and got discouraged. I am trying again recently though since I saw the movie.
>>
>>18590974
Nah, dude its real. I have an uncle who works at astral projection inc.
>>
>>18592737
OP again. The two successful experiences I've had I was snatched back into my body super fast. I was just floating above m body the first time, the the other I just sat up while my body was still laying in bed. Really cool shit, but I can't seem to replicate it. Or if I am , I am not remembering it. I do dream a lot though, for some reason I feel like that helps. I've get to the vibration stage often also.
>>
File: Shadman 2017.png (310KB, 544x841px) Image search: [Google]
Shadman 2017.png
310KB, 544x841px
Oh, how might I explain the beauty of a breast?

To sense the potential for life, and to embrace death in order to pursue it

This is the true essence of dreaming
>>
>>18590974
That's actually really funny because cultures all over the world have knowledge about sleep paralysis and they all perceive it to be caused by something expressly unnnatural in your body
>>
So if I remember the plot of insideous correctly:

It's about some kid who knows how to astral project, because his dad could too? And somehow getting lost in the astral plain.

If this happened I real life, it would be impossible for it to happen, because when you astral project, you ALWAYS have a line back to your body. You always know where your body is at all times, because of the line. It's the rule.

If this were possible to stay awake while sleeping, well then you'd have both sides covered, being able to become free of your body, and your body free of you, but working simultaneously. In unison. That would be pretty cool. Hope that could be real.
>>
>>18592787
So the concept of children inheriting their parents' spirits is where you draw the line, huh?
>>
>>18592787
Yeah, it's a silver cord attached to your ankle , IIRC. It can never be broken, unless your body dies. In which case, let's say you are APing and some one shoots you I. The head and kills you. You could still come back to your body, just not enter it. Right ? I would think so.

The movie series takes a lot of liberties to make it a good movie. I'm just glad it is getting the word out , now maybe more people will research AP, even if they don't think it is real.
>>
>>18592763
>old cultures being intelligent, especially before the enlightening
wew lad
>>
>>18592816
It's in EVERY culture in some form or another. That's too much of a coincidence.
>>
>>18590823
That was part of what got me into it. I think it's supposed to emulate a cheesy horror movie of the past
>>
Eye em oh the Insidious movies are better than The Conjuring's
>>
From my understanding, most astral entities aren't interested in you. Unlike in the the move where they are desperately wanting to live life. I wonder their opinions on humans
>>
>>18592763
>a kid asks his dad why people used to think the sun orbited the earth
>well, dad says, obviously because it looks like the sun orbits the fuckin earth
>the kid asks ok, so how does the earth orbiting the sun look
>>
>>18593172
You mean to say all human cultures have made up some shit about a phenomenon that happens to all humans?
there's some illuminati shit at work here
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
>>18590699
The original was great but the sequels.. Fucking God did they suck. Especially the 3rd one with the girl in the body cast

Also almost positive I astral projected and almost died on some psychoactive seeds when I was eighteen if anyone is interested, not a big fan of psychedelics and barely used any so my brain and memory aren't total mush, I'm not gonna preach about inter dimensional demons and shit
>>
File: judging.jpg (6KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
judging.jpg
6KB, 273x200px
>>18590699
I liked the primise of Insidious, but the fucking movie pissed me off so bad

if you have to make the volume levels of the actors talking super fucking low and the environment and music so fucking loud to where they can't understand what the actors are saying so they have to turn up the goddamn volume super fucking high JUST so they get spooked when a jumpscare happens, not because it was scary, but because it was loud as fucking shit

its like they didn't even know how to go about making a movie scary in the first place.
>>
>>18590884
Might check out Mama and the conjuring 2. Mama gets me the most but got bad ratings.
>>
>>18590884
idk. i see what you're saying but that part of the movie was kind of less scary to me. he hadn't really had much character before that. but once that scene came about, i feel like he became more of a character instead of just an entity.
>>
File: niggel-bruh.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
niggel-bruh.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>18590699

>bringing the astral mainstream is important
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.