[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys I got a question, what is meditation? How do I meditate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
Ok guys I got a question, what is meditation? How do I meditate? What do I do while meditating? Ive tried sitting there with my eyes closed but I start to just get tired.
>>
>>18588841
Meta Tuta

Meta You Tou

Meta Out Out

Meditation is creative exegesis.
The Will of God is the Creative Will.

So create, iterate, replicate.

Write on paper, draw, make music, hum and doodle.

Get it out of your body and mind and onto the external world.

Review what you've created and see it change yourself, even as it is yourself, thereby changing yourself.

You just created yourself.

Meta - You - You.

The Holy Spirit.

Creative Action unmotivated by fear, desire or neccessity.

Simply creation for the sake of creation.

God through you, back at you, a la One Again.
>>
meditation is just a fancy way of saying sitting around doing nothing while feeling calm

enlightenment doesn't exist. please refer to just one living human being today who is truly enlightened
>>
>>18588877
this is nonsense. get off the drugs you schizo freak
>>
I'm a novice meditator but I think of it like a mental reset that lets you refocus or reorient your mindset
>>
>>18588841
You sit quietly and observe your thoughts, rather than being caught up in them. Maybe you count your breaths, maybe you focus on something.

The idea isn't so much to do something with the meditation, which is apparently what you're thinking, than it is to be more centered and self-observant. That imparts something like admin level control of yourself.
>>
File: enso.jpg (774KB, 648x645px) Image search: [Google]
enso.jpg
774KB, 648x645px
>>18588882
Turn away from hate and envy. I speak the Truth and you attack me? Do you hate Truth? Or do you hate that another has it and shares it freely?

In Zen Buddhism, an ensō (円相 , "circle"?) is a circle that is hand-drawn in one or two uninhibited brushstrokes to express a moment when the mind is free to let the body create.

What is wrong with you?

The only way to find out is metatation.

Write down what you feel, draw it, create, replicate, iterate.

Peace and Love.

You are at the centre of God's affection, if you allow it.

There can be no hate in the presence of Joy.
>>
>>18588894
optimistic hippie talk with no real essence.

blah blah blah love love love
>>
>what is meditation
Meditation is more than just sitting with your eyes closed. Meditation is any purposeful attempt to alter your own consciousness. So really, meditation is whatever you want it to be.
>how do I meditate
You just do it.
>what do I do
The real question is: Is there any difference between what you do when you're "not" meditating as opposed to when you "are" meditating?
>>
>>18588841
You just sit there and get your brain to shut up basically. But if you ask me I think it's easier to achieve that with self-hypnosis and then transfer that knowledge to meditaion.
>>
>>18588894
>円相
>circle

>円: circle, ring
>相: mutual, togetherness, to-see-the-self

>{the-circle-formed-of-observing-the-self-observing-the-self-not-being}
>>
>>18588841
dont listn to these faggts!
its communication with your self
and prayer is communication with god
>>
File: chakrasigns.jpg (54KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
chakrasigns.jpg
54KB, 550x800px
dude don't close em all the way
leave em half open, unfocus your eyes and stare at nothing.
don't focus on clearing ur mind, just relax
if you can't fall into a trance, try audio hypnosis. if you feel it once you can do it again.
here are some hand signs. these help me.
>>
>>18588887
I think enlightenment is a little less tangible than how you're imagining it
>>
>>18588877
What the fuck
>>
>>18588841
>What do i do while meditating?

Sit with a good posture and try to keep your mind clear.

What worked for me was counting/visualizing numbers in my head before a random thought would pop into my mind. When my mind would stray, i'd catch myself, then restart counting/visualizing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.