[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible that individuals perceive time differently? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1467771920657.jpg (216KB, 1920x1200px)
1467771920657.jpg
216KB, 1920x1200px
Is it possible that individuals perceive time differently? For example, say one's conscience were placed in mine and observed that I think at a slower rate and move and a slower rate, but still in the same ratio of the other conscience's? I'm pretty high and it's easier to understand in my head, I'm interested to see if anyone else understands what I'm attempting to say.
>>
The implication of the law of relativity is that observers moving at different velocities will experience time differently - as in, an observer who is moving faster will move through time more slowly than someone who is moving at 'normal' velocities. This is why, theoretically speaking, an observer moving at a significant velocity of the speed of light in a spaceship will age more slowly than an observer back on Earth.

Now if you are asking if some people perceive time in 'slow motion' as compared to other people, I could not answer that.
>>
>>18583926
Next you will be asking if the color red that you see is the same as what everyone else sees
maybe what you sees as floods like blue to me
but wcall them the same thing so we will never know
>>
>>18583926
I think that we feel time differently, depending on who we are, how old we are, and what we're doing. Time seems to move slower when you're doing things you don't like, or when you're bored. I wish there was more information on this kind of thing.

>>18584213
Colors are the light that is reflected off of an object. We know that all colors are the same, but I do believe that our brains could process these colors differently (which would explain favorite colors). Example: My green is your red, but we've come to associate these colors with words. The colors are consistent too, so it works.
>>
>>18583988
a fly views me attacking it in slow motion. if a ball dropped from the eiffel tower it might take 10 seconds to land, if you strapped a fly to the ball, hed experience it as like 100 seconds. explain this
>>
Yep. Depends on the hardware and the software.
>>
Are you talking about perception or a "shortening" of the actual physical dimension of time?

If it's just human perception, absolutely. It happens all the time that you feel something takes forever compared to other things, when in fact they take the same amount of time. Remember that the brain needs to perceive, and that comes with an inherent "speed of perception", which is not really a speed, but the amount of information we can pack into each second of perception. As for the anon with the fly example, a fly must have a slower 'speed' of perception (i.e. more information/second), and perhaps it really feels life more slowly, but that is biology, not physics. Also I dunno what that feels like, I am not, never was, and do not plan to be a fly.

On the other hand, if you DID mean the physical dimension, then it's highly unlikely. That is, unless you are travelling at very fast relative speeds to the other person. The first anon made that point already.
>>
>>18584447
No need. You just did.
>>
>>18583926

I wake up in the morning, open 4chan, and suddenly the whole day has gone by. Then I hear a friend complain what a long day it's been. Everything's relative, huh. And no, I don't enjoy being here.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.